Still all think new classes are coming?~

Sykarah - Heavens Tear
Sykarah - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
So it's been a long long time now, and maybe this is just my server, but rumors of 1 new class to each existing race have been floating around for a long time now. These rumors still have not died down, but through looking through forums and update information, I haven't seen PWI announce anything like that. So, can we all drop the new class or do you have reason to believe there are new classes coming.

I realize this has probably been asked multiple times, but still. Any fresh thoughts?

Also, what would you LIKE to see in the update? Things that have not been announced? f:cute
Post edited by Sykarah - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Ackrion - Sanctuary
    Ackrion - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    it's a good question... even on Sanctuary and others they are asking... and some had proof but that could be for another time, as for now, I cannot be sure of the happenings regarding a new Race.... :l
    b:surrender
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Pretty sure it's a no for the new classes rumor. There's been trailers about the updated skills and posts about new maps and areas. Nothing about new classes and I think it's already been confirmed there are no new classes, could be wrong on the actual confirmation if my memory serves me wrong on official posts, but as far as I or any of my fac mates and friends are aware of there are none (Thank Pan Gu). As for the farther future updates, who knows.

As for what I would like to see?...Eh.. I don't know, the expansion itself seems kind of blah to me. Nothing about it really has me remotely excited.

f:weep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sykarah - Heavens Tear
    Sykarah - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Pretty sure it's a no for the new classes rumor. There's been trailers about the updated skills and posts about new maps and areas. Nothing about new classes and I think it's already been confirmed there are no new classes, could be wrong on the actual confirmation if my memory serves me wrong on official posts, but as far as I or any of my fac mates and friends are aware of there are none (Thank Pan Gu). As for the farther future updates, who knows.

As for what I would like to see?...Eh.. I don't know, the expansion itself seems kind of blah to me. Nothing about it really has me remotely excited.

f:weep

Yeah I'm not too excited either, nothing besides restarting a char from level 1. Lol.
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    We need new tank class Troll with like 350 def lvl
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No new classes. Expansion already released in China, if there was anything like this we would of seen it by now.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Also, what would you LIKE to see in the update? Things that have not been announced? f:cute

Fixes to existing bugs and issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • nim8
    nim8 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well lets look at the pattern of big expansions PW has put us. First was the Genie, then Tide Born, EarthGuard, Sirens of war, and now next is New Horizons. Pretty much this is not going to be the last Big expansion.

Just look at the map itself, any normal person can see all the areas still waiting to be opened up. And if anyone remember what the full map of PW looks like, what we see right now is only 40% of what it is to become.

In saying that, mysterious weps like whips have been in the database from the start, as it had been pre planned from the original devs. Therefore most likely we will see new classes most beyond the horizons.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Let's teach everyone the existing classes first

Yet another seeker used full set of shatters on my sin today after bigroom
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    NO!!!
  • Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I thin SylenThunder talked about the game only being set up to handle 10 classes in its current form if I remember rightly. Meaning I honestly do not believe an update to races is coming unless they basically rebuild the game.
    Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
    Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
    Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You have to ask yourselves....what class roles are left for this game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As far as this update is concerned, no new classes.

I honestly don't think we need more classes. All basic roles have been filled and new classes would have the potential of replacing existing classes or just make existing classes look bad. If not, then the new classes would be crappier and unpopular.

I much rather prefer them to keep pushing towards more skill balancing among the classes and give us more updates/upgrades to skills. These new updates we're getting on skills are nice but they still didn't address some skills that were in need of an update. For Venomancers, I could mention Frost Scarab.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • lyukung
    lyukung Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You have to ask yourselves....what class roles are left for this game?

Bard = AOE buffing/debuffing, so long as he/she keeps playing their musical instruments (think BB or vortex, but instead of healing/damage, you get buffs/debuffs). It would also have some magical attacks, obviously.

Lancer (couldn't think on a better name) = Both Seekers and Barbs took one of the weapon paths from bms and developed each other in an unique way, so why not a melee class that focuses on spears? it could have skills that pierces through physical defense or some unique traits like deflecting/parrying attacks like counter stances (every time somebody attacks you with a melee skill, there's a chance of you countering with a certain counter skill, dealing damage or crippling the enemy with a debuff).

Just a few ideas of my own b:surrender
  • XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sigh.. there wont be any NEW race. Ppl need to stop taking this question over and over every expansion/new content update annunce
  • nim8
    nim8 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I thin SylenThunder talked about the game only being set up to handle 10 classes in its current form if I remember rightly. Meaning I honestly do not believe an update to races is coming unless they basically rebuild the game.

Cap can be changed like how APS can be changed. I do not see it as a problem. However others may say so. Remember that the original devs are also now back working on game. We just have to wait and see.
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Doesn't seem very probable and I doubt a new class will bring people back to PWI (only way to do that is possibly the release of a sequel PWI) anyways back to the topic.
    I personally do not see why we would have new classes BUT I was told by a very credible source who is from China and plays PWCN that new classes would be coming. Shes always been right in the past. So....idk maybe they are in the future?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    nim8 wrote: »
    Cap can be changed [...]

The question is...can the developers change it? A lot of things can be done/fixed in this game and yet we see very few of them b:surrender
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Plus they plain out mention the possibility of a new race in this their thread:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://w2i.178.com/201309/174252911838.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://w2i.178.com/201309/174252911838.html%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DtZY%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official

2 of the things they mentioned there are already happening..so chances are the other 2 will happen at a later date? Unless someone as the ability to see into the future im pretty sure none of us know if a new race will come or not but the evidence are showing signs.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2013
    This is correct.
    nim8 wrote: »
    Cap can be changed like how APS can be changed. I do not see it as a problem. However others may say so. Remember that the original devs are also now back working on game. We just have to wait and see.
    It's not like it's changing a couple of codes.

We got the Tideborn and the Earthguard because their basic information was already coded into the core data. It's a hard-coded cap that will require much restructuring of the core data to expand. APS is just a soft cap set by a limiter.

Now that the original dev's are back to working on the game, sure it's possible. Likely, no.
    The original dev's hadn't envisioned more characters. They had envisioned a much larger map, and had plans for a map so expansive, that it supported 6 cities of the same ranking in the game as Archosaur. They had also envisioned a level cap of 150 with quests and cultivation to go with it, which Wanmei broke by compressing the levels into 105. We're not likely to see an increase to the cap because of the way Wanmei broke the exp tables. Like adding new characters, it would require completely re-coding the system in order to do it without starting from scratch.

The kind of differences were talking about is like comparing removing the speed limiter on your car (APS cap), to completely re-designing the engine in my SUV to boost it to over 1000bhp (new classes).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elfenstar2013
    elfenstar2013 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    they are NOT the original devs, it is only the former company. I highly doubt any member of that crew is still working for them.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They had envisioned a much larger map, and had plans for a map so expansive, that it supported 6 cities of the same ranking in the game as Archosaur. They had also envisioned a level cap of 150 with quests and cultivation to go with it.

THIS would have been ssssssoooooo awesome!f:cryf:weep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013

THIS would have been ssssssoooooo awesome!f:cryf:weep

Yep :[
  • Abner - Raging Tide
    Abner - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    New classes = more money, so hell yeah
  • SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver
    SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I heard talk of male/female versions of one gender characters (male venos, female barbs etc) but that's all the talk I heard of new races. I don't think the game needs them
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I heard talk of male/female versions of one gender characters (male venos, female barbs etc) but that's all the talk I heard of new races. I don't think the game needs them

I'm sorry, but I would pay to see a barbarian in a bikini
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver
    SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm sorry, but I would pay to see a barbarian in a bikini

maybe that's the idea, more money for pwi b:chuckle