Hire a night shift of GMs

Options
TZoner - Raging Tide
TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Suggestion Box
While this may fall on deaf ears i feel compelled to suggest this. HIRE A NIGHT SHIFT OF GMS FOR MAINT. This way when stupid **** happens and NO ONE can log on u can have it fixed faster so we dont have to wait for hours just to play this game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by TZoner - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Heven forbid actually having to do something else than play.

Also, a lot of people can log on \o\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Maybe the european GM managing the Morai server could help b:victory

(Sorry I forgot PWE didn't care at all about Morai and that we don't have any GM working during European working hours b:chuckle b:sad)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    HIRE GMS

Fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    TZoner, your pretty funny. These guys can't even afford to hire Devs that know what their doing, much less pay people to run nights. Funny thing is, my gaming community is very prominent in another PWE hosted game, and I never hear about these kind of issues. They just plain don't care man. Sad, but true. This game had a lot of potential, still does. If they kicked things back into gear and listened to us, it would be a much better game, and they'd make much more money. Alas, it does indeed fall on deaf ears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heliah - Raging Tide
    Heliah - Raging Tide Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    TZoner, your pretty funny. These guys can't even afford to hire Devs that know what their doing, much less pay people to run nights. Funny thing is, my gaming community is very prominent in another PWE hosted game, and I never hear about these kind of issues. They just plain don't care man. Sad, but true. This game had a lot of potential, still does. If they kicked things back into gear and listened to us, it would be a much better game, and they'd make much more money. Alas, it does indeed fall on deaf ears.

Could you do it better? :)
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Programming isn't my thing, but I know that I've seen private servers out there that have a lot less issues than this, so obviously there are people out there that know how to work with the coding in this game.

As I understand it, PW was originally bought from someone else. That's why a lot of things are broken. Just like Warsong and Nirvana were originally planned to be FBs, and there's an unused portal down by Chromagnon Village. Supposedly, there was poor documentation on the original coding of the game when it was bought, and the "Devs" have had trouble implementing things ever since.

However, I don't understand why private servers run so effectively, while the real game has issues seemingly every month. What needs to be done is separation of management between PWCN and PWI. China does all of our Dev work, and for PWCN. We need them to hire people here in the US that can work on our game.

Not only would that help solve some of these issues, which I believe may stem from lazily translating and porting our patches over, but it could possibly allow for PWI to implement some of the long asked for things that Chinese law doesn't allow for. All in all, it would be win-win, and China would still make money off of our game. They'd actually make even more money, as there would be dedicated Devs that can solve issues, hence giving the game a better rep, and bringing back old/bringing in new players.

Again, this falls on deaf ears, but it is what actually needs to be done for this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Programming isn't my thing, but I know that I've seen private servers out there that have a lot less issues than this, so obviously there are people out there that know how to work with the coding in this game.

As I understand it, PW was originally bought from someone else. That's why a lot of things are broken. Just like Warsong and Nirvana were originally planned to be FBs, and there's an unused portal down by Chromagnon Village. Supposedly, there was poor documentation on the original coding of the game when it was bought, and the "Devs" have had trouble implementing things ever since.

However, I don't understand why private servers run so effectively, while the real game has issues seemingly every month. What needs to be done is separation of management between PWCN and PWI. China does all of our Dev work, and for PWCN. We need them to hire people here in the US that can work on our game.

Not only would that help solve some of these issues, which I believe may stem from lazily translating and porting our patches over, but it could possibly allow for PWI to implement some of the long asked for things that Chinese law doesn't allow for. All in all, it would be win-win, and China would still make money off of our game. They'd actually make even more money, as there would be dedicated Devs that can solve issues, hence giving the game a better rep, and bringing back old/bringing in new players.

Again, this falls on deaf ears, but it is what actually needs to be done for this game.

Sounds to me they need you to work for them....that makes actual sense i can understand which isnt very much heard of from a forum post xD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

Could be from a variety of reasons. Generally its from people that could care less, and it ends up showing in their code/product. The web site here and the fact there are bugs in the game dated from beta and before is a prime example of this. You can tell very quickly the difference in a wood bench made from a craftsman and one made by a "just get it done" type person. The same apply's to programming.

Experience comes into play as well. A lot of times, companies will hire fresh meat right out school just because they have that "cert". When my dad was alive he would always laugh at companies that would take a college grad over just a high school education with years of real experience. It would show in their final product.

Its sad really.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • McBern - Archosaur
    McBern - Archosaur Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    GMs are always sleeping
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    A nightshift GM required a 75 cent per hour shift differential. You really think they would pay that?
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.