[Guide] Barbarian builds & tips

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Tuxalot - Sanctuary
    Tuxalot - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    My build is just : 5str 4vit 1dex. dont rlly know if its good?

Don't forget to max dex off at 60 if you are going do be more of a PVE player. If you are going to be more of a PVP player than you should max dex off at 80. :) (edit) also in later levels you might whanna put more dex points in, but for lower levels it is very nice build.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Don't forget to max dex off at 60 if you are going do be more of a PVE player. If you are going to be more of a PVP player than you should max dex off at 80. :) (edit) also in later levels you might whanna put more dex points in, but for lower levels it is very nice build.

you dont ****ing need more dex then 55 at 101 60 if you want that extra crith.

barb have 100% acc hits compare to bms and such so why we even need more....

you can go more raw str instead as dex dont give you more damage str does.,,,

i dont get these ppl b:bye
  • yehonatan4
    yehonatan4 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    hey i have an question: barbarian lv 50 with 47 128 str and 91 vir is fine? cuz i trying to follow my wep stats (after i read that post it realy helped me alot) and before that i tought i will little more dex but then i stopped and raised for my vit and followed my str stat on weps

is my stats good?
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    yehonatan4 wrote: »
    hey i have an question: barbarian lv 50 with 47 128 str and 91 vir is fine? cuz i trying to follow my wep stats (after i read that post it realy helped me alot) and before that i tought i will little more dex but then i stopped and raised for my vit and followed my str stat on weps

is my stats good?

yup your stats are fine, i suppose that 47 is your dex, so when u reach 60 dex stop and send the left points to vit, when reach 80 you'll need a good hp for fc pulls, something around 10k or more.
  • InsideOut - Harshlands
    InsideOut - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Well, that was very helpful . b:thanks
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Nice guide

gonna do 3 str 1 dex 1 vit and remeber cap dex at 60/80

then 3 str 2 vit.

tho it surprises me how few skills there is to really focus on for a tank build
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • Quick_bladez - Archosaur
    Quick_bladez - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    this is helping me alot thnx man for this and also how did u get ur barbarian for your profile picture thing(i dont know what its called) i use my lvl 69 barb the most and i rarely play on my sin and i dont like using my newb as my pictureb:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • Conen - Lost City
    Conen - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Awesome guide,

followed it bit by bit till I was 84 , after that I was just going on , and forgot build requirements until some Barbarian noticed I had to have allot of STR at least 300, kept putting in vitality.

for the rest no pointers on it , just wondering what it has to say about the 100 skills and the 79 80 skills :).
  • Aaliyah_Gold - Heavens Tear
    Aaliyah_Gold - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Hello everybody,

Awesome guide, also I'm having problems to know which skills should I buy or level, since not every all of them appear in the post. I tried to visit the link of "IamNobita's Path to the Ultimate WEREBEAST", but the link is broken and I can't find anything using Google...

Someone has any idea about if that list or some kind off is updated in any other web, post in this forum or so? I'm having doubts about my skills with my barbarian and he' only lvl 11...

Thanks and greetings.
  • gyukimaru
    gyukimaru Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    tigerblade wrote: »
    wow. thanks for the info.

vvvvv
  • Ranker - Raging Tide
    Ranker - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    wow very nice diden think now one would every do it this way but I love it I am one for a barb go go we need more barbs in RT server so come come keep the barb race a live!!! thats all ty for my pm xD......
  • devilsgraves1
    devilsgraves1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    nice guide, i prefer to use 3str, 1vit and 1dex, til dex is 60 then 3 str and 2 vit....
    but still very good guide.
  • santoshwr
    santoshwr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    ty to help full guidbf:laugh
  • Benignita - Heavens Tear
    Benignita - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    can u help i made my char stats 32str and vit 16 and dex16 is there a way that i can make him tanker(lvl12)

get a reset stone goto an elder and reset them all
    15 gold is the best for the reset all stone just a suggestion.
    good luck
  • gaesshi
    gaesshi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Hi guys

I would like to ask if what skills needed to be max out in a BARB skills? Because in this guide, I tried to open the Iamnobita link which was posted in the 1st page but the the content of that link was removed. Please help me out on this one. Thanks b:thanks
  • Hazarduz - Heavens Tear
    Hazarduz - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Ok, I'll bite....b:chuckle.....

What follows is a brief list of skills with their priority as I think it should be. Each of you is welcome to their own opinions.

Also this is a guide for low level players. Its just to give a basic idea of skill usefullness again as I think of them. At higher levels you will already have enough experience to know which is worth getting and which isn't.

Humanoid skills:

stomp of the beast king=leave at lvl1

garotte=leave at lvl1

mighty swing=level as and when u can. Nice damage. Nice stun, especially once u get it to 10.

penetrate armor=level as and when u can. More if u plan on grinding in human form. Also remember the glitch of any -pdef skill also reducing enemy evasion to 0.

beastial onslaught=level as and when u can. Deadly triple combo of range, damage and debuff.

swell=small arc, medium damage. level past 1 if u grinding in human.

slam=nice aoe, decent damage, level as u can. more if u grinding human.

armageddon=Id say leave at lvl1 till you can max it. Any less will more likely get you killed than kill a bunch of mobs. While in PK its a decent hit, but also leaves u vulnerable to getting killed.

Buffs:

feral regeneration: level as u can. not a priority, but it will help cut down meditation times.

beast kings inspiration: Max asap. More HP for u n squad. Always a good thing.

bloodbath: level if u aren't using any accuracy equips. Remember the strongest attack isnt worth **** if it misses.

strength of titans: level asap. Barbs need all the attack they can get.

swimming mastery: its just 1 level.....go get it.

poison fang: Id say level it as u can. More damage (even if its wood) cant hurt you.

Tigerform skills:

trueform: Id say max it. Especially if u are gonna be tanking. If u are not going to tank at all, leaving it at level2 or level1 may help tigerform damage a bit, but its usually not worth the HP loss. Not to mention the added speed benefit.

shapeshifting intensify: max asap. more pdef is always good.

invoke: get it asap. its ur panic button skill.

flesh ream: bread and butter skill for tanking. max asap.

alclarity: level to 7 asap. That will allow you to keep cancelling most mob's castings. Also nice damage and chi gain.

devour: excellent skill. max asap. the -50% debuff is strongest in game, lasts longer than its cooldown so is spammable and will really help bring u damage in tigerform up.

surf impact: limited range aoe, centered around target. Can leave at 1. level if u got spare sp/coins. The speed debuff is nice and so is the chi gain.

sunder: max asap. great heal, greal damage, great aoe.

beastial rage: max asap. Low attack speed of axes means u will need all the chi u can get. especially if u tanking and devouring.

roar: level when able. Its a necessary skill sometimes, when u want to reset aggro to you. Can be substituted by genie skill (alpha male). Note: The aggro it generates is minimum, and will overcome only perhaps the healer aggro. Its primary function if to reset the aggro off whatever the mob is currently attacking, giving the DD a chance to lose the aggro if he stops attacking. U will need to follow it up with skills like sunder, if u want to keep the mobs on you.

frighten: level as u can. good debuff. less hurt on u. good chi gain. plus speed debuff. great to use on bosses.

level79 skills (both are humanoid):

violent triumph is a good antistun skill which is used not just in pk but also in places like RB and WS. I recommend getting it.

untamed wrath: is a aoe 1sec stun good for interrupting casters. fair amount of chi gain, not very good at generating aggro. Get it if u can, not a priority.

I know there are other skills (morai, AEU, chrono etc.) but those imho are far too high up to be included in this basic skill description.

Hope this helps!b:victory
    Old school demon tank -> LESS PEW PEW, NO Q _Q

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dinkles20
    dinkles20 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Also build up Your Strength and Vitality Mostly. Dexterity would be another priority after those two. Magic is something that a bar. does not really need. As bars. are tanking.
  • /ATLAS - Archosaur125
    /ATLAS - Archosaur125 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    great guide, thanks for taking the time and doing the work
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]