What does everyone think about venos(pvp)?

killeresras
killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Arigora Colosseum
Ok so I've been wondering what everyone thinks of venos. Like do you think they are threat,OP, easy to kill, under powered, etc.

Personally I think they are amazing in pvp. Being a veno I've always been able to kill higher lvl and gears than me or be a huge nuisance is mass pvp. So I think venos are wonderfully so powerful especially since we have our little companions with us^^.

OK, but that's me so what are yall pvp views on venos? ^^
Love lost is room gained
b:cute
Post edited by killeresras on

Comments

• Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lets start by saying im a noob
    1v1 wise venos are threatening outside mmarrow. also not knowing how to stop theyre more threatening abilities(bramble hood for instance) is just a death wish.
    Mass PvP (NW and TW)
    heavy threat. ability to purge and that mass silence thing makes them a major threat to any tw faction. also they can lay down some pretty heavy hits.
    Overall
    venos are a major threat is mass pvp, maybe not so much in 1v1s tho IF u know wat ur doing and have the ability to back it up.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ok so I've been wondering what everyone thinks of venos. Like do you think they are threat,OP, easy to kill, under powered, etc.

Personally I think they are amazing in pvp. Being a veno I've always been able to kill higher lvl and gears than me or be a huge nuisance is mass pvp. So I think venos are wonderfully so powerful especially since we have our little companions with us^^.

OK, but that's me so what are yall pvp views on venos? ^^

Idk what you mean higher levels. after 100-101 level doesnt matter what so ever. As for the class itself. Veno's are a threat if you allow them to debuff you, but a little focus fire and they go down quickly. Even if HA, the lack of HP will ruin them. The problem is that most obsess over: chan, mag, and pdef. Two of which can be debuffed heavily.

But they are a threat if played right. Combine their debuffs with other classes for max effectiveness.
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Idk what you mean higher levels. after 100-101 level doesnt matter what so ever. As for the class itself. Veno's are a threat if you allow them to debuff you, but a little focus fire and they go down quickly. Even if HA, the lack of HP will ruin them. The problem is that most obsess over: chan, mag, and pdef. Two of which can be debuffed heavily.

But they are a threat if played right. Combine their debuffs with other classes for max effectiveness.

The point made about higher levels would have referred to the OP being able to kill above them and no doubt prior to being 100 so I am not sure what your point about 100-101 relates too. Also you should know better than to say levels after 101 don't matter when clearly they do. The damage reduction of a 105 compared to a 101 toon is nothing to be scoffed at, also add in the extra small amount of stat points you receive and access to better NW buff pills.

You talk yourself up a lot Dion, a fully end game veno is very scary especially one that knows how to play and will not go down "quickly". High mdef, high pdef in fox form, multiple cc skills, amp, purge, puff bird and the list goes on. Also a lot of people underestimate the venos ability to take your chi.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The point made about higher levels would have referred to the OP being able to kill above them and no doubt prior to being 100 so I am not sure what your point about 100-101 relates too. Also you should know better than to say levels after 101 don't matter when clearly they do. The damage reduction of a 105 compared to a 101 toon is nothing to be scoffed at, also add in the extra small amount of stat points you receive and access to better NW buff pills.

You talk yourself up a lot Dion, a fully end game veno is very scary especially one that knows how to play and will not go down "quickly". High mdef, high pdef in fox form, multiple cc skills, amp, purge, puff bird and the list goes on. Also a lot of people underestimate the venos ability to take your chi.

^

That chi burn is highly underrated/undervalued. Their ability to purge + keep chi away from you can really **** up your plans nigh regardless of what class you are on. So aye if played right they are downright scary in end game gear. (really every class CAN be like that)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
    edited December 2013

I actually don't talk myself up, you just take it that way. Notice how I never used the phrase "I this" or "I that" or "I am". I don't have to, because I wasn't talking about myself, I'm speaking in general. As for the damage reduction, I don't attand NW, and people dont always have those pots unless they are uber geared and dont need to sell their tokens.

Yes a veno can take your chi, especially so if mutiple people are hitting you, but it can be absolved with a quick purify. I don't know what people have against triple sparking off debuffs. I know fully what veno's are capable of, however, veno's have a lot of counter play. They are devasting if left ignored, hence the comment about focus fire. I'll keep my buffs ty.b:chuckle
  • XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Lets be clear...

Veno = KILL ON SIGHT...

No matter if they're OP, weak, or not... It's a very dangerous class to DD itself, or support others lol
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Veno = KILL ON SIGHT...

^This

In TW (or sometimes in NW), sage venos are really annoying because of aoe purge while being immuned.
    Demon venos are also a pain in the *** because of purge/amplify but not really more than an archer with purge bow.

1vs1 I don't fear them that much because i can still handle them after being purged
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

All class with fully end game is scary not only veno ijs. you not making any point on that.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited December 2013

A fully end game anything is very scary, granted said player knows what he/she is doing.
    So please, don't talk up venos so much.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • HESOKA - Raging Tide
    HESOKA - Raging Tide Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well that may be true but in group PvP Venos are the first people to get targeted, so if you roll a Veno you might get a little bit pissed off about that, most of the time you'll just be getting targeted by half the squad, cuz none likes to get purged.

purge in mass pk = instant death.

Venos are just: Kill on Sight,

either PvP, TW , NW

So if you are ready to roll an OP class ( a Veno ) be ready to handle the ganks upon ya :)
    Am Awesome b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A fully end game anything is very scary, granted said player knows what he/she is doing.

The topic is about Venomancers though.

As for my own opinion...I think Venomancers are not your best choice for 1v1s but the Morai skills have helped the class improve a lot. To me they shine the most in group PvP of any sort. Being a support oriented class, they work best when they are assisting others.
    I could be biased though as I'm not a fan of 1v1s, I enjoy group PvP more.

They usually are the ones to lead to your death but not the ones to actually kill you. Most people who choose this class, they do it with that in mind. Venomancers (like all support oriented classes in my opinion) can turn the battle around.

I don't consider them OP as there are various ways to work around and kill them, but they aren't easy kills either provided we're talking about similar gear/skill levels between the opponents. If you let them have their way with their debuffs, you'll find certain death.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • killeresras
    edited December 2013
    Well that may be true but in group PvP Venos are the first people to get targeted, so if you roll a Veno you might get a little bit pissed off about that, most of the time you'll just be getting targeted by half the squad, cuz none likes to get purged.

purge in mass pk = instant death.

Venos are just: Kill on Sight,

either PvP, TW , NW

So if you are ready to roll an OP class ( a Veno ) be ready to handle the ganks upon ya :)

Sooo freaking true. Gosh I'm always the one targeted first people drop from the sky and Atk me out of everyone around me. Venos can also get even the tankiest of gears killed just by 0 Def procing. Venos are the biggest threat around mass pvp. In 1v1 I can pretty much kill any class except for pesky sins because of how many outs they have I can't do much, but chase them back into stealth while they go get full buffs somewhere.
    Love lost is room gained
  • killeresras
    edited December 2013
    The topic is about Venomancers though.

As for my own opinion...I think Venomancers are not your best choice for 1v1s but the Morai skills have helped the class improve a lot. To me they shine the most in group PvP of any sort. Being a support oriented class, they work best when they are assisting others.
    I could be biased though as I'm not a fan of 1v1s, I enjoy group PvP more.

They usually are the ones to lead to your death but not the ones to actually kill you. Most people who choose this class, they do it with that in mind. Venomancers (like all support oriented classes in my opinion) can turn the battle around.

I don't consider them OP as there are various ways to work around and kill them, but they aren't easy kills either provided we're talking about similar gear/skill levels between the opponents. If you let them have their way with their debuffs, you'll find certain death.

I love anything pvp lol I'm still like so sure foxes have a good sense of smell so we should have skill that let's us see anyone stealthed through using fox form. I mean does anyone know how strong of a smell fishes have.
    Love lost is room gained
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I love anything pvp lol I'm still like so sure foxes have a good sense of smell so we should have skill that let's us see anyone stealthed through using fox form. I mean does anyone know how strong of a smell fishes have.

Damn right b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited December 2013

They only do when they're not fresh b:cute
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bangis2010 wrote: »
    All class with fully end game is scary not only veno ijs. you not making any point on that.

The thread is about what you think about venos in pvp, it is not that I am talking them up instead I am pointing out what can make them good.

I stated that end game they are very scary, which you both agreed on by saying that any fully end game class is so thank you for helping to make my point.
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626
    Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes a veno can take your chi, especially so if mutiple people are hitting you, but it can be absolved with a quick purify. I don't know what people have against triple sparking off debuffs. I know fully what veno's are capable of, however, veno's have a lot of counter play. They are devasting if left ignored, hence the comment about focus fire. I'll keep my buffs ty.b:chuckle

That's Crush Vigor... But we still have the skill Chi burn :3 and I do use that skill more than crush vigor nowadays. :3 Nobody shall have chi! only my mates xD
  • PanboyAir - Sanctuary
    PanboyAir - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi, just here to plug my veno PVP videos. Here

But hmm, what do I think about venos? I think it's one of the classes that is the best bang for the buck. A veno can be played effectively without being extremely well geared-- unlike seeker and psychic. I'm a +9/+10(+10'd 2 pieces just recently) veno with flawless shards and i'm able to play my role very well in group pvp.
    I haven't posted on my main because I can't decide on a 105 Venomancer forum avatar.b:cute

youtube.com/user/DietSnappleRaspberry
    edited December 2013
    Hi, just here to plug my veno PVP videos. Here

But hmm, what do I think about venos? I think it's one of the classes that is the best bang for the buck. A veno can be played effectively without being extremely well geared-- unlike seeker and psychic. I'm a +9/+10(+10'd 2 pieces just recently) veno with flawless shards and i'm able to play my role very well in group pvp.

Veno's are a very money savvy class. I just hate the ones that complain about other classes when you can gear up a veno for cheap. No offense.
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What does everyone think about venos(pvp)?

Keep that purge away from me we will be fine!b:bye

Hard to chase a demon Veno down (R9rr+10/12) skilled one's, but hey you gotta do what you must to stay alive!
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Why not Barbs? ToP arma, or Mire arma
    Why not BMs? Stun and HF, have a party

Kinda depends on which class has it the easiest... Archers are best in massive group pvp, such as tw or nw because they can hide behind teamates, same goes for other ranged classes but the archer is special because of the MOST range AND purge.

Seekers and BMs are annoying in 1v1 and small scale because they have control and kiting skills, this makes it difficult as well (BUT ONLY against other Melee's)

And so on in that fashion~

But if someone asked me to name the first class that comes to mind, for being the least talent and skill required?

Psychic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010