New PW Expansion (PWCN: Glory and Rebirth)

Comments

• Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hmm -shrugs- o.o

I'm just really curious about the power gap of each tier of cards, how much you can level each tier (I'd guess same limit for all?), how leveled cards compared to non leveled cards, how leveled low tier cards compared to non leveled higher tier cards and the like but I know I'll have to wait for the actual expansion for more information.

It just seems there's room for a lot of experimenting, combining, mix & matching etc. which I find interesting. I just hope it won't turn out buggy f:sweat

Maybe my previous posts gave off gave vibes of QQ but I was just sharing thoughts. I initially disliked the idea of the card system but after the recent news posts I see they put quite some time into designing it.

My only worry is that since it IS the original devs creating the system, it's gonna be a hell of a grind. They are, after all, the ones who put in the insane grind to get OHT dancing sparkle/forest's wisdom gears, along with the original 1-100 grind.

The original devs seem to love putting in stuff that takes 1 year+ to grind out fully, which I guess is either good or bad depending on how you look at it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My only worry is that since it IS the original devs creating the system, it's gonna be a hell of a grind. They are, after all, the ones who put in the insane grind to get OHT dancing sparkle/forest's wisdom gears, along with the original 1-100 grind.

The original devs seem to love putting in stuff that takes 1 year+ to grind out fully, which I guess is either good or bad depending on how you look at it.
    you just dug up a potful of horror for us
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    pk will be very interesting now... hey look my card is higher than urs so i win !!!

something like... dragon ball z rpg buahahahha

so f... lame
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Perhaps they should have used something else instead of "cards" xD but I do like seeing PW artwork so I don't mind.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • oonnoo
    oonnoo Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Lol sorry, but what's HDD? Hard disk drive? OTL
    Edit:
    Stupid me, it's Hidden Dragon Den xD
  • XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So guys, what are your thoughts when this expansion will come according to previews they gave us and date of annuncement.. i'd say next Tuesday 17Dec ...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    It's still hard to predict but seeing as we got quite some information as of now it could very well be soon. If it's not on the 17th though we'll have to wait after New Year's I guess.
  • XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's still hard to predict but seeing as we got quite some information as of now it could very well be soon. If it's not on the 17th though we'll have to wait after New Year's I guess.

That would be sad, till Jan b:cry
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They usually announce expansions ~2 weeks before the release, so it's probably gonna be after new year. We can always hope for the 17th tho b:dirty
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I predict the 3rd week of January given that in most cases, it takes 3 months for us to get the expansion after CN does, and was released in October as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    It was actually earlier when we got our last major content update (pet evolution, meridian). It was released in April for PWCN and June for us (2 months-ish).
    Still, Seeing how PWE is having a lot of issues they are likely to release it in January unless they decide to use the expansion as means to distract people from the current issues and give us the "exciting new things" we were told we'll get in December.

PS. no I don't consider the title system thing as a content update...that was majorly broken.
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It was actually earlier when we got our last major content update (pet evolution, meridian). It was released in April for PWCN and June for us (2 months-ish).
    Still, Seeing how PWE is having a lot of issues they are likely to release it in January unless they decide to use the expansion as means to distract people from the current issues and give us the "exciting new things" we were told we'll get in December.

PS. no I don't consider the title system thing as a content update...that was majorly broken.

Well Update is update, expansion is expansion and it's the first time I hear anything about issues PWE has.
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Well Update is update, expansion is expansion and it's the first time I hear anything about issues PWE has.

Actually, the current expansion we're getting is only part of the whole update, at least as far as I know. This was the same as when we got Sirens of War expansion. The pet evolution system was meant to be part of it but was, instead, pushed for a later release included in a much later update. In that sense, the expansion is not much different from a major content update.

Issues PWE has? I'll consider the unstable severs we have after each maintenance and the fact that the last content update is majorly broken. I don't even want to call it a content update; it was just embarrassment. Advertising an update when most of its content doesn't work. Now they are releasing a new expansion/update with no word whether the last update is getting a fix. That's only two examples of the issues I'd consider.
  • Suprprutty - Lost City
    Suprprutty - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Do you live under a rock?
  • dupethefile
    dupethefile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is not Myth War or Conquer Online (both of which are garbage games btw, sadly played them for a long time), although would be cool get some bonuses, veno reborns to smth. -extra fur (extra defense) cleric more mp growth etc. etc. b:chuckle
    Yes you can reborn as a different class, start from lvl 1 and so on, and best of all you can keep the original character as well! Just make another god damn character.

Who is right?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You can not take an existing character and go through the reincarnation experience with it becoming another class, so Angel_Spawn is right.

You can create an entirely new character of a different class (provided you have an empty character slot on your account) so Shayd is also right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • dupethefile
    edited December 2013
    You can not take an existing character and go through the reincarnation experience with it becoming another class, so Angel_Spawn is right.

You can create an entirely new character of a different class (provided you have an empty character slot on your account) so Shayd is also right.

So this expansion and NOTHING is the same thing. If was possible mix the classes, this was a incredible change. I didn't like to level up my char again only for a new stat "spirit", some extra points, and some mixed skill lvl 12.

TERRIBLE EXPANSION!!! @#$$!%!@%!@%
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes you can reborn as a different class, start from lvl 1 and so on, and best of all you can keep the original character as well! Just make another god damn character.
    what is this guy smoking b:shocked

on a lighter note
    i remember when expansion meant an increase in hotbars b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So this expansion and NOTHING is the same thing. If was possible mix the classes, this was a incredible change. I didn't like to level up my char again only for a new stat "spirit", some extra points, and some mixed skill lvl 12.

TERRIBLE EXPANSION!!! @#$$!%!@%!@%

Why not try it first before decide if it's good or not?
  • dupethefile
    edited December 2013
    Why not try it first before decide if it's good or not?

Simple, analising the facts you can judge if this will be good or not. I make this analysis in all PW's Expansions before the expansion arrive here, and this is the worst. In my opinion, this will be one more content without reuse in future like morai. The only usefulness is force the players to level up their char again to get a simple new stat (spitit) and some extra points. Pure Reborn is as boring as to get a level 12 skill. The only thing that I like in this expansion is some veno fox skill always hit, but this is a obligation of the producters make all of the fox skills always hit. This is the worst expansion of Perfect World.

This is my opinion.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Simple, analising the facts you can judge if this will be good or not. I make this analysis in all PW's Expansions before the expansion arrive here, and this is the worst. In my opinion, this will be one more content without reuse in future like morai. The only usefulness is force the players to level up their char again to get a simple new stat (spitit) and some extra points. Pure Reborn is as boring as to get a level 12 skill. The only thing that I like in this expansion is some veno fox skill always hit, but this is a obligation of the producters make all of the fox skills always hit. This is the worst expansion of Perfect World.

This is my opinion.

They also changed a lot of major skills and updated them with reincarnation skills, so the gameplay does change. Still, it's true reincarnation is just is another disguised power treadmill to go after.

At least for mystics, having lysing insta-cast and absorb soul near instant are pretty major gameplay changes. It puts our sleep almost as fast as clerics, while being aoe, as well as letting us easily debuff channeling/attk speeds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first person she meets and then teams up with three strangers to kill again.

^ That's the description of the wizard of oz, which is actually a straightforward description of the movie. But anyone who's watched the movie can tell you that although that's what happens, the movie is far more upbeat than appears at first blush.

As they say you can't judge a book by its cover. There are plenty of things that worked out better than I thought they would with the expansions, and some things that I ended up disappointed by based off of those. It's one thing to not be expecting much, and another to already have made up your mind on the quality of it. When you make up your mind about something, it's awfully hard to change it. Even if it rocks you'll be looking and highlighting all the negatives in your head and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Genies sound stupid on paper, but man are those things useful. Tideborn class sounded amazing on paper, but man were they balance breaking. We can't really know until we can try it. There are so many things we wont' get a feel for until it's released.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nanu9954
    nanu9954 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    for when is this new expansion please
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I didn't watch all of the vid 'cause her lag was giving me major nausea, but I think it's just the instance where you farm the mats to make the new skillbooks and flyers you unseal with augment devices in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    The instance looks cool o.o
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited December 2013

It looks like a snake isle island racing type of dungeon but with flyers instead of land mounts.
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    nanu9954 wrote: »
    for when is this new expansion please

Nobody knows.
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • _Lisanna_ - Morai
    _Lisanna_ - Morai Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjQ2MDgxMzM2.html
    Not sure if that one has been posted yet but it looks like another part of the instance that Asterelle posted

EDIT** http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjQ2NTMzMTAw.html
    This one seems to be a more in depth version of the one you posted Asterelle so maybe it could help a bit more (possibly with voice explanation however would still need someone to translate)

Also
    PK Fest? With bosses/mobs?
    Almost looks like you have to kill the other side to gain control to get the boss or something
    18:13 secs in there is a new pop up menu
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
This discussion has been closed.