question

Options
Madebyvisa - Raging Tide
Madebyvisa - Raging Tide Posts: 283 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Blademaster
this a question of deity vs josd on a full str safe bm... if you have input on this (do not talk about advantages or disadvantages of str build) fact is if you are str build sage (even tho u wudnt like it) what wud ur path be josd or deity? i see aspects in both shards that are intresting to me ... and fyi lets face it a sage str built bm isnt a support bm.. so with that in mind which way would you go=? id like some input from ppl that know stuff before i reroll to full deity so that i could see what i suspected to be true ... in many of these cases i read about 15% more dmg received compared to josd .. well with lets say close to 35k both defences is it really worth to have josd... idk to me it seems kinda intresting to do more damage.. lets say like this is built on my specific calc so id have about 100 dex with gear on rest str nothing on mag or vit .. that wud leave me at like (once i get my full +12) to about 25k hp unbuffed and that 35k deff both m and p deff full buffed ... im intrested to hear any input on this matter ... since i allready started to doubt the str build (so i rerolled to dex ) and once again found it less usefull to me ... but lets focus on the fact.. those stats.. deity vs josd.. whats ur opinion and in what circumstances.. i believe for 1v1 that deity wud be far superior but in mass pvp? idk and this just my thoughts .. any input welcome b:cute

ps. im atm 2 josd away from full josd so basically wondering keep josd or go deity

pps. in an odd scenario i went to 220dex (gear on) and my zc to a full endgame cleric was 10,5k (compared to 22k i had when i was full str) wud it make more sense to stay dex build while swapping to deity ? (keep in mind i pretty much gave up on tw and nw its just 1v1 or occasional mass pvp)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Madebyvisa - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Slewdem - Dreamweaver
    Slewdem - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    this a question of deity vs josd on a full str safe bm... if you have input on this (do not talk about advantages or disadvantages of str build) fact is if you are str build sage (even tho u wudnt like it) what wud ur path be josd or deity? i see aspects in both shards that are intresting to me ... and fyi lets face it a sage str built bm isnt a support bm.. so with that in mind which way would you go=? id like some input from ppl that know stuff before i reroll to full deity so that i could see what i suspected to be true ... in many of these cases i read about 15% more dmg received compared to josd .. well with lets say close to 35k both defences is it really worth to have josd... idk to me it seems kinda intresting to do more damage.. lets say like this is built on my specific calc so id have about 100 dex with gear on rest str nothing on mag or vit .. that wud leave me at like (once i get my full +12) to about 25k hp unbuffed and that 35k deff both m and p deff full buffed ... im intrested to hear any input on this matter ... since i allready started to doubt the str build (so i rerolled to dex ) and once again found it less usefull to me ... but lets focus on the fact.. those stats.. deity vs josd.. whats ur opinion and in what circumstances.. i believe for 1v1 that deity wud be far superior but in mass pvp? idk and this just my thoughts .. any input welcome b:cute

ps. im atm 2 josd away from full josd so basically wondering keep josd or go deity

pps. in an odd scenario i went to 220dex (gear on) and my zc to a full endgame cleric was 10,5k (compared to 22k i had when i was full str) wud it make more sense to stay dex build while swapping to deity ? (keep in mind i pretty much gave up on tw and nw its just 1v1 or occasional mass pvp)

meh! i been thinking the same thing my self. i like the idea of dealing more damage,if you do decide to go that route please post back your thoughts on it
    Bahamas represent
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    stop trolling us blondeh b:cry
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Madebyvisa - Raging Tide
    edited December 2013
    Options
    well so far i went back down to 170 dex gear on (to get more str ofc) and i swapped 6 of my josd to deity ... so far im liking it and will do more deity once i get a hold of more coins .. ill update this as i go along b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Have had arguments and talks in faction back and forth about full JoSD vs Deity BMs and I really don't think there is a wrong way to be a 30k BM with 28k+ pdef and mdef, a zerk weapon, and 130+ attack levels.

So, I always carry an O'malleys and a Jones. This allows me to get 60 def levels or 135 attack levels on switch. I'm at range on an archer, I have O'malleys on. Get inside, swap to Jones. Honestly, with all our control skills, once a BM is into melee range there isn't much we can't survive on a charm because very few opponents can chain hard hitting skills fast enough without us interupting that chain long enough for a charm tick. So mostly it's Jones. I also have vit stones since JoSDs might offer about 15-18% more damage reduction, but vit stones offer about 8% more def and 12% more hp and imo that's overall better. Just more charm ****.

K, to my point, I'm "guesstimating" the endgame build is gonna be something around 135 attack levels and 70 def levels before JoSD or Deity. Don't go full one or the other until you have endgame (r9t3 and NW) and have refined it at least +10. In this case adding 24 attack levels will be around 14% more damage or 24 more def levels will be around 18% less damage received. Both of those are very dependant on your opponents attack/def levels.

Now, with our huge defenses and our new-found issue of 20k hp and 25k pdef casters with purify proc, I think Deity is a valid choice. The only way to really kill them is to empty their genie and either charm bipass or get lucky their "12% proc rate" doesn't proc every 3 hits. Archers now have leaps and more defensive techniques and using genies and apos acan get something ridiculous like 43 seconds of anti-stun so they're another class we have to treat with dph. Barb, obvious problem is their huge hp and chaining enough skills together to eat through 45k hp with maxed pdef reduction (90%) so you basically need to do 70k pvp damage to get passed their charm. Most of our problems really are solved by more damage.

The arguments against is a deity BM vs a JoSD BM is one has 14% more damage the other has 18% more defense. And our job in mass pvp is still support, making us a prime target for focused attacks. We still need to try to get inside and still need to try to get out alive and our RotP, Blade Tornados, and especially HFs make us very visual targets. In this the JoSD has the advantage because of survivability. When we get inside and start aoeing we're usually stunning/hitting one group while DDs are camped on hills and nuking us. Our own DD is supplemental damage so while a wiz might see our stun+HF and drop BIDs, if that doesn't kill our opponents then hopefully our Fissure+Highland will.

Yes, even sages are still support. Just because your axe mastery gives you 2% more dph and you don't have reliable stuns or an HF that allows squadmates to be reactive and then channel, it still doesn't excuse you from supporting. Sages have the better magic marrow at endgame and thats a decent excuse to pull some shards from defense and put them towards damage. I also think since most of us are 3 vit and 550+ str, why are we suddenly judgemental about having JoSDs instead of Deities when having statted vit instead of strength would have the same effect.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Dude I have 12 base vit total vit build yo.
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Every bm is a support bm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Every bm is a support bm.

This. A BM trying to be a DD is like a sin trying to be a tank. Just no.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Have had arguments and talks in faction back and forth about full JoSD vs Deity BMs and I really don't think there is a wrong way to be a 30k BM with 28k+ pdef and mdef, a zerk weapon, and 130+ attack levels.

So, I always carry an O'malleys and a Jones. This allows me to get 60 def levels or 135 attack levels on switch. I'm at range on an archer, I have O'malleys on. Get inside, swap to Jones. Honestly, with all our control skills, once a BM is into melee range there isn't much we can't survive on a charm because very few opponents can chain hard hitting skills fast enough without us interupting that chain long enough for a charm tick. So mostly it's Jones. I also have vit stones since JoSDs might offer about 15-18% more damage reduction, but vit stones offer about 8% more def and 12% more hp and imo that's overall better. Just more charm ****.

K, to my point, I'm "guesstimating" the endgame build is gonna be something around 135 attack levels and 70 def levels before JoSD or Deity. Don't go full one or the other until you have endgame (r9t3 and NW) and have refined it at least +10. In this case adding 24 attack levels will be around 14% more damage or 24 more def levels will be around 18% less damage received. Both of those are very dependant on your opponents attack/def levels.

Now, with our huge defenses and our new-found issue of 20k hp and 25k pdef casters with purify proc, I think Deity is a valid choice. The only way to really kill them is to empty their genie and either charm bipass or get lucky their "12% proc rate" doesn't proc every 3 hits. Archers now have leaps and more defensive techniques and using genies and apos acan get something ridiculous like 43 seconds of anti-stun so they're another class we have to treat with dph. Barb, obvious problem is their huge hp and chaining enough skills together to eat through 45k hp with maxed pdef reduction (90%) so you basically need to do 70k pvp damage to get passed their charm. Most of our problems really are solved by more damage.

The arguments against is a deity BM vs a JoSD BM is one has 14% more damage the other has 18% more defense. And our job in mass pvp is still support, making us a prime target for focused attacks. We still need to try to get inside and still need to try to get out alive and our RotP, Blade Tornados, and especially HFs make us very visual targets. In this the JoSD has the advantage because of survivability. When we get inside and start aoeing we're usually stunning/hitting one group while DDs are camped on hills and nuking us. Our own DD is supplemental damage so while a wiz might see our stun+HF and drop BIDs, if that doesn't kill our opponents then hopefully our Fissure+Highland will.

Yes, even sages are still support. Just because your axe mastery gives you 2% more dph and you don't have reliable stuns or an HF that allows squadmates to be reactive and then channel, it still doesn't excuse you from supporting. Sages have the better magic marrow at endgame and thats a decent excuse to pull some shards from defense and put them towards damage. I also think since most of us are 3 vit and 550+ str, why are we suddenly judgemental about having JoSDs instead of Deities when having statted vit instead of strength would have the same effect.

I read this, imagined your voice. Remembered the lisps too well.

Anyway, just yolo it OP, JOSD all the way.

Remember the madbroswagyolo.
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    On paper it might actually be viable, but in actual PvP BMs spend 25% of their time actually dealing damage just because they're melee and all their enemies can attack you from 30+ meters away, and 75% of their time chasing and tanking enemies while they kite. So to put 14% more damage into something we do so rarely in group PvP seems like a waste to me imo.

Doesn't make sense to me why anyone would want to increase their damage output on a melee character when we don't even have any high DPH skills to begin with. I mean your best DPH combo might consist of Dragon Bane + HF + AoE spam, but even those have long *** cool-downs...
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Well so far i swapped 11 josds to deitys.. i did nw last nite with this setup and some pvp .. in 1v1 situations i found deity much more usefull than josd.. then again in the mass pvp and in nw possibly due to the fact no1 was expecting the likes of dmg i dished out... i was raher happy also since i was targeted the usual amount which isnt alot.. ofc i noticed in some scenarios that i died fairly easy in situations that josds wud have saved me... but in those moments i also realised if i lived .. what wud i have really accomplished? Wud have saved my life to few more minutes due to the fact when 6 ppl are targetting u and with josd dmg and cc even.. i couldnt have killed them anyway so i wud have had to flee and regroup or eventually die.. in that sence im liking it and will convert all my gems eventually as i gather more coin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

Jesus. I was unaware 50 str makes this much difference. b:chuckle

Perhaps getting some decent engravings done, add a few more str you will zc end game clerics 35k b:shocked

Trolling aside. I don't see why you are posting questions on the forums when you have already made up your mind, are dismissing everything anyone is saying contrary to this to the point of simply not even replying to those taking the time to offer genuine advice, because it doesn't fit your ideas.

You know what you want to do with your toon go ahead and do it, stop asking for advice when you are clearly indifferent to it.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Jesus. I was unaware 50 str makes this much difference. b:chuckle

Perhaps getting some decent engravings done, add a few more str you will zc end game clerics 35k b:shocked

Trolling aside. I don't see why you are posting questions on the forums when you have already made up your mind, are dismissing everything anyone is saying contrary to this to the point of simply not even replying to those taking the time to offer genuine advice, because it doesn't fit your ideas.

You know what you want to do with your toon go ahead and do it, stop asking for advice when you are clearly indifferent to it.

1st who said anything bout 50str ? Ihad to restat like 160 points ...
    As to your point of asking ofc i ask opinions when i know nothing about something.. for example some1 cud have allready gone deity.. and my math is skills are bad at best hence i wanted confirmation to the numbers that i could expect.. and yes so far i got good replys with actual thoughts that i read thru.. doesnt mean if you ask something u have to only do what is replied.. i took all the thoughts from replies... and they were pretty much on par with my essential thoughts.. but seeing as no1 had tryed it.. i went ahead with it.. just figured to post my observations to any1 that mite have figured of doing the same..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I still say oneshotting with a BM is pointless.

1) You're a crowd control class.

2) You need to rely on crit zerks a lot to oneshot, which means you need higher crit rate.

3) If you can shoot more than half their HP, you don't need to oneshot, just charm bypass

4) Seekers, wizards, psychics, sins, archers, clerics, mystics, and venos will be taking your kills as soon as you stun and HF 90% of the time due to relatively long casting times.

5) If you lack JoSD and use Deitys, then then deity wizard can kill you in a super quick combo without needing to sue the super long channeling skills

6) We're at best performance when being defensive.

I say either go full JoSD, or half vit half JoSD. I prefer the half and half.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I still say oneshotting with a BM is pointless.

1) You're a crowd control class.

2) You need to rely on crit zerks a lot to oneshot, which means you need higher crit rate.

3) If you can shoot more than half their HP, you don't need to oneshot, just charm bypass

4) Seekers, wizards, psychics, sins, archers, clerics, mystics, and venos will be taking your kills as soon as you stun and HF 90% of the time due to relatively long casting times.

5) If you lack JoSD and use Deitys, then then deity wizard can kill you in a super quick combo without needing to sue the super long channeling skills

6) We're at best performance when being defensive.

I say either go full JoSD, or half vit half JoSD. I prefer the half and half.

1 ur a cc class if you choose to play so ofc depending in situation.. i dont do much tw nor nw so i have no need to be a support

2that only holds true unless u cannot purge and even without it 3 hits in is a game ender wdther thay crit or not not including ha users ofc

3very true i just like dealing 3x theyre hp btr

4by all means if they hav the opportunity

5maybe who knows 0 deity wizzys around

6thats a matter of opinion again..

The rest.. i was full josd well 2 short from full tryed it.. yes makes a nice tank ...half halg imo u lose out on benefits.. u wont tank enugh u wont dd enugh.. at least for my taste..

So overall i respectfully choose to agree and disagree on some of these..time will tell me more.. now its just a guessing game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    Options
    On paper it might actually be viable, but in actual PvP BMs spend 25% of their time actually dealing damage just because they're melee and all their enemies can attack you from 30+ meters away, and 75% of their time chasing and tanking enemies while they kite. So to put 14% more damage into something we do so rarely in group PvP seems like a waste to me imo.

Doesn't make sense to me why anyone would want to increase their damage output on a melee character when we don't even have any high DPH skills to begin with. I mean your best DPH combo might consist of Dragon Bane + HF + AoE spam, but even those have long *** cool-downs...

This i agree with but im kinda relying on the new update for our skills too.. it can get hard to catch the kiters with less survavibility but in the end im confident that to my case its a btr option than just tanking and waiting zc's..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited December 2013
    Options
    1 ur a cc class if you choose to play so ofc depending in situation.. i dont do much tw nor nw so i have no need to be a support

2that only holds true unless u cannot purge and even without it 3 hits in is a game ender wdther thay crit or not not including ha users ofc

3very true i just like dealing 3x theyre hp btr

4by all means if they hav the opportunity

5maybe who knows 0 deity wizzys around

6thats a matter of opinion again..

The rest.. i was full josd well 2 short from full tryed it.. yes makes a nice tank ...half halg imo u lose out on benefits.. u wont tank enugh u wont dd enugh.. at least for my taste..

So overall i respectfully choose to agree and disagree on some of these..time will tell me more.. now its just a guessing game.

CC in PK is important too, but if you don't want to play a CC class, why are you not a Seity sin instead? Their damage output has so much more potential than a BMs...

I missed the point on number 2, probably my bad since I was so brief. What I was saying was that the only way for a BMs damage potential to match other DD classes like sin, wiz, psy, etc relies on crit zerks, so if you want to play a DD roll, just go for a seeker. They can tank but also have a ton more damage potential than BM.

Congrats, you can hit 3x someones HP. What's the point in that? Make it be 100% of their HP and get yourself more defense so you can tank ganks and kill the same people trying to kill you in 1-2 hits all the same. Hitting AA classes for 30k is pointless.

As far as 5 goes, I know there's quite a few Deity casters on our server. Purify Spell allows them to sacrifice some defense.

A matter of opinion? Reference 2. You can have all the attack in the world, but if you're spending time running around and getting sealed/stunned, then when you finally can do something you hit for 3 times their HP, there's no point in hitting that much. We most certainly are mathematically best in defenses, we can stun someone long enough that our attack makes no true impact. Roar, HF, Fissure (to slow) or Tiger Maw Ocean's Edge, Drake Bash, and you have them stunned for 12 seconds with heavy damage on a 10 second charm cooldown, that's enough to kill. And that's not even considering Occult Ice.

The problem with offensive sharding on a BM is that we don't get the massive HP like barbs, we don't get the defense level boost of seekers, we don't get the offensive boost of sins crits, we don't get the range and damage advantage of any caster. We have speed and fast cooldowns, so we can combo things very well. However, when sharded offensively, you won't be matching a casters DD power, you won't match a seekers tankiness, you won't match a barbs HP. But when you shard defensively, you match seekers when you and they are buffed while you're marrowed, provided you have an OP ring refine to keep P.Def high. This also knocks down casters damage on you.

Essentually, it's 48 attack levels on top of your r9 and assuming t3 non-NW cube and non-NW ornaments, a Jones Blessing, seeker buff, and a Sky Cover, you already have a 133 attack level boost with a 20 attack level r9 weapon. So does everyone else. But you only have 38 defense levels. That means on a non-deity sharded character you have pretty much 100 defense levels less than their attack levels and vice versa. So the 48 comes into mind, it would be better placed in defense.

Granted you could swap out the Jones for an O'Mally and raise your defense level to 53 and lower attack level to 118 pre-shard, giving a 166 attack level 54 def level Deity Sharded, or 111 Defense Level 118 attack level JoSD sharded.

The best way to survive is to try your best to cancel out your opponents offense, so the defense levels look nice here. Sure, more attack is nice, but there's that standing problem that even at 181 attack levels, 96 defense level enemies that are JoSD sharded and using Jones will still cancel out many of your attack levels. Since our damage is pretty sub-par compared to every other class other than barb, the small boost from attack levels is nothing compared to the large boost from defense levels once all things have been considered.

But let's take a look at half JoSD and half Deity...I see this as viable. That's 24 attack and defense elvels on the previously stated geared BM. This means 157 attack level and 70 defense level with a Jones, and 142 attack with 85 defense using a O'Malley. That's a decent enough defense boost that it balances the attack boost. I'm actually pretty fond of that build for BMs that focus on PK or TW defense (In TW defense you need more offense). For the hell of it, just swap out the t3 cape and helm for a t2 cape and helm and get 5 more attack levels.

So in summary, offensively sharded BMs are beasts, but defensively sharded BMs are nightmares. The difference being, beasts can be destroyed, but nightmares return every time you close your eyes.
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Considering the variety of pvp situations in tw...

Deity builds would be more useful in situations whereby you have to defend against side-lane cata-push on your towers (with 1 or 2 squads at most, on each side). In those situations, you would be more efficient if you can strike at the back lines to take out their cata-clerics. The enemy DD's would generally not focus on you, because they will be busy taking out your arcane DD's which are a bigger treat to their catabarbs. Hence, in those situations, if you are already tanky enough to tank a couple of random shots, and skilled enough not to get CC-locked, you could use more damage to execute their cata-clerics & support.

The other situation where deity would be useful is when you are part of an cata-escort squad which is pushing down a side lane. You job as a bm, is to peel any opponent that will try to take out your cata-clerics. Cause distractions, CC-them, kill them. If you can keep the cleric alive, the catabarb will automatically survive longer. Bm's generally don't ever get focused in those situations because catabarbs and clerics would be higher priority targets. You can always use more damage to wipe the opposition and keep your squad alive.

On the other hand, JOSD build would be way more useful in larger pvp situations, especially during the mass-orgies on B-Lane. The main duties as a bm is
    1. Protect your own DD's by staying in front of them and soaking the damage for them.
    2. Protect your own DD's by throwing AOE stuns on the enemies lines and use smack/disarm/reel on high-priority targets (like barraging archers).
    3. Increase lane pressure by using hf/tornado on group of enemies and watch them die.
    4. Disrupt the enemy line by diving into them. The mere fear of getting stunned, hf or blade tornado will force them to scatter or back off.

One doesn't really need damage to achieve these duties. As long as you can stay alive, your omnipresence on the frontline is enough maintain lane pressure. In many situations, the death of the frontline bm's/barbs/seekers generally result in loosing a lot of lane pressure, and the opponents will take advantage of that kind of situation to snowball the lane and steamroll on the remaining of your faction. The top of the top of tw bms are truly the one that never dies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    Options
    All and all good points once again.. true a bm is at least not yet a formifable dd class... im pretty sure that will change in the nect update... reaaon for me being a bm is cause i love it in many aspects.. and i just cant see me playing many other classes nvm if theyre btr dd's .. even if i were to use again enugh money to make a deity sin... they just dont compare to bm defence wise ... ud be surprised how much u still can tank with deitys when ur stuff is max endgame... so in a sense yes i like defence but i love offense more .. to me they shud balance out when im full deity...

Also im intrested of these deity arcanes u mentioned.. ive seen one caster with deitys and she had only 4 of em... keep in mind that this is about total max endgame.. where its all or nothing..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    In general, I find that deity shards work under a few conditions, regardless of class:

1) smaller groups, or 1vs1: the fewer people there are to hit you, the less your lack of survivability matters. In smaller groups or 1vs1, you can KEEP TRACK of everybody. That means if you are skilled, you can AVOID enemies who want to target more easily, and you have less damage you need to tank. Then when you dive towards your target/couple of targets, you do more damage in less time, and what is not to love about that?

2)if you can avoid damage because...

(a) you are ranged: Even in large groups, archers can safely rock a deity build, because they hit from further away than everybody else (though big weakness of deity archer is other archers). A psychic can use their immune-to-physical skill to cycle in and out of front line to unleash freakish dmg for short stints, and so get away with deity build as well.

(b) you can stealth: Assassins can get away with deity build as well, because again, they have a really good way of avoiding damage most of the time. A deity assassin can buff up with deaden and tidal, dive into a group, kill maybe 1-2 clerics/arcanes (good chance because of extra damage) then disappear into stealth and escape. If this is all that the assassin would be doing even in jades build, then the deities could possibly benefit assassin more than jades.

~

So what about bms? As you might be able to see, reason 1 could apply for bms, but definitely not reason 2. In large groups, a blademaster cannot avoid damage by range or stealth. Due to the constraints of a melee build, they will need to tank a decent amount of damage.

Whether reason 1 is enough for you to switch to deities depends on what you do. Do you TW? If not, reason 1 becomes more important. Or, in TW, do you go with cata squad down side lanes (aka, you tend to fight 1 squad vs 1 squad, instead of 40 vs 40 on B lane)? Again, then deity might be OK.

If, however, you *do* participate in a lot of larger-scale pvp like TW, or NW, then I have to agree with others: deities works better for other classes than for BM. A BM needs to soak up a lot of damage while they get cced or chase down enemies.

Another potential problem is what happens when people realize you are deity build. Right now, most people think you are still full jades. That means when people see you coming, they may just cc you and move away unless they have a lot of help to gank you. This could explain your NW results. They think that killing you will be really difficult, and there are other targets who are higher priority to kill.

However, if your opponents *know* you are deity, they may be more likely to drop what they are doing and focus fire you with damage. On my server, everybody knows who the deity build archers, assassins, and psychics are. Consequently, if my squad encounters these people in group fights, we ensure via vent communication that these people die first: they are too dangerous to allow to live. And often they DO die first, or we force them to run without getting to do much to us.

To recap:

Deity build works if: you do mostly 1vs1 or smaller group fights; you don't do much TW or you are usually on side lanes with cata squads; you can avoid enemy damage with range or stealth.

Deity build will struggle if: you are in larger group fights where you are focusing on cc-ing enemy instead of killing them; if people are aware of your sharding and target you first; if you cannot use range or stealth to avoid damage.

Your call. Which shards work best will depend on which activities you participate in the most. Since *most* bms are support, and since most people agree that a bm is most valuable as support, then *most* bms will benefit more from jades. However, as you've demonstrated many times, you don't play like most bms. So again, your call. Either deities or jades could work, depending on the exact situation.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited December 2013
    Options
    All and all good points once again.. true a bm is at least not yet a formifable dd class... im pretty sure that will change in the nect update... reaaon for me being a bm is cause i love it in many aspects.. and i just cant see me playing many other classes nvm if theyre btr dd's .. even if i were to use again enugh money to make a deity sin... they just dont compare to bm defence wise ... ud be surprised how much u still can tank with deitys when ur stuff is max endgame... so in a sense yes i like defence but i love offense more .. to me they shud balance out when im full deity...

Also im intrested of these deity arcanes u mentioned.. ive seen one caster with deitys and she had only 4 of em... keep in mind that this is about total max endgame.. where its all or nothing..

Granted there aren't many, and the ones that there are don't PK but do NW and TW instead. attacker_V is the first that comes to mind. Old_Blue is working on Deity stones as well. WhatTheFoxSay is also working on getting Deity Stones. AriaArrow has Deitys in her gear.
    edited December 2013
    Options
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ccWi6c0S8SM
    Theres some of my deity footage with varying amounts of deity
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]