Lets talk about expansions.

Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
So. There's an upcoming expansion coming out soon, which promises lots of new features, an expanded map, etc. Lots of people excited and what-not about it, and the ascension system looks like it will make power levelers happy because they will just be 105 within hours of using it again anyway. However, I'm just curious as to what parts of the expansion will actually work, and which half or so of the expansion we're promised won't even exist.

Let's look at past expansions. We WERE promised base wars. Those still don't exist. There are bits and pieces of expansions promised in 2009 that we still don't have. Hell, there are bugs that existed in 2007 that haven't been fixed yet either.

So. Which half or so of the upcoming expansion will we not actually get? Personally, I'm hoping for the ascension system to be 'oops, we like um kinda maybe forgot to implement it, or write the code for it, so just wait like... a couple of years, and by then you'll have forgotten about it, so we can promise lot of other stuff and only deliver around half of it anyway. Yeah, just give us credit card numbers over and over and you'll maybe get it in 3012.' Personally, it took me 4 years to get from level 1 to 100 on ANY character, I don't want to have to do it all over again. >_>
101 Sage Sin*/Archer
100 Demon BM*/Barb
96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
95 Demon Wiz/
94 Sage Veno
85 Psy/80 Mystic
And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
*Pre RB level
Post edited by Sarrafeline - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The talk has already begun (101 pages ongoing if you click the link below)

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1634651
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's true we have a discussion there but I guess I'll comment here.

I doubt the ascension system will be accidentally left out as it's a big thing about the expansion and the update seems to be modeled around it with various new updates on skills, new areas and whatnot that we can only access upon ascending.

The card system seems to work regardless of the ascension system but there are words going around that you benefit from it more if you ascend.

For once, I've been actually iffy about the expansion but I don't want to judge it before I experience it myself. It's not the features of the expansion that I'm worried about but the way it's going to be executed.
    It's just that after consecutive failures from PWE's part lately (orb glitch and its poor solution, servers still appear to have issues after each maintenance, the whole deleting-tickets-thing, last "content update" being majorly broken) I'm placing my expectation very low this time.

They need to pull themselves together and have the expansion make a good impression to people. A lot of players I have talked to are basically waiting to see what the expansion brings before deciding if they want to quit for good or not.

Anyhow, back to the topic. I think this expansion is going to make it harder for people with lots of alts to keep them up to date but the idea of going through quests and becoming a noob again for a while does sound appealing to those with few alts or no alts at all.

I'll focus on my Venomancer for the start and work on alts much later (don't really play them much).

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well I'm excited, but in a way I think they should fix the last ones before add new stuff, half of the titles still doesn't work, while it does in other versions and yet they keep adding new stuff without taking time to fix the rest.

I'm not speaking about glitch, rubber band of stuff like that, but really missing content of some updates.

Sometime also the content is fine for PWCN, but would not work for us or sometime it just get change/remove before it arrive to us.

Example, someone did sent me that SS from NW servers vs servers:14885410.jpg

Which maybe explain why servers vs servers is not a good idea.

And by how the Base wars was explain I think it's not a bad thing at all that we didn't get it. (not even sure that PWCN have it)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013

That's scary b:shocked
  • killeresras
    killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's weird, but I feel as though this will be a successful expansion. I don't know why I feel that way especially since we didn't get a lot of the things that were promised in rising call. Like new form skills and especially the kirinb:cry. I think I feel like they will do right this time because I want to believe the game is going to get better. b:surrender
    Love lost is room gained
    b:cute
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well I'm excited, but in a way I think they should fix the last ones before add new stuff, half of the titles still doesn't work, while it does in other versions and yet they keep adding new stuff without taking time to fix the rest.

I'm not speaking about glitch, rubber band of stuff like that, but really missing content of some updates.

Sometime also the content is fine for PWCN, but would not work for us or sometime it just get change/remove before it arrive to us.

And by how the Base wars was explain I think it's not a bad thing at all that we didn't get it. (not even sure that PWCN have it)

Base wars were one of the big things we'd get in that expansion. At least it was one of the things that got me excited about it, and we never got them. :(

That's a very scary map indeed, but I doubt there's such a gear/numbers difference in our servers (except maybe Morai, cause it's so young), despite of how much Heavens Tear and Lost City brag they are so active and so old and so full of completely geared people. Maybe they'd win more often, but such a dominance over the whole map just wouldn't happen.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2013

It's just that after consecutive failures from PWE's part lately (orb glitch and its poor solution, servers still appear to have issues after each maintenance, the whole deleting-tickets-thing, last "content update" being majorly broken) I'm placing my expectation very low this time.

+1

Every expansion/content update we get lately, I'm just a little more disappointed with the game. I'm going in to this one expecting disappointment because that is really all I see from them anymore.

I'd really be happier about it if they would fix the previous content updates before bringing in a new one. Now we'll just have broken stuff on top of broken stuff on top of bugs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited December 2013
    Base wars were one of the big things we'd get in that expansion. At least it was one of the things that got me excited about it, and we never got them. :(

That's a very scary map indeed, but I doubt there's such a gear/numbers difference in our servers (except maybe Morai, cause it's so young), despite of how much Heavens Tear and Lost City brag they are so active and so old and so full of completely geared people. Maybe they'd win more often, but such a dominance over the whole map just wouldn't happen.

Arch and RT seems pretty dead too. xD
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited December 2013

notice the number of ppl in each nation - glitch?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2013

The reason we don't have server vs. server is because of the way the uniquename database is configured. Some servers share it, and others don't. This causes a problem. They said they were working on it, but I know it's not an easy task at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    I was looking forward server versus server but I worry they might break more things if they tried to make it work.
  • DisBish - Harshlands
    DisBish - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013

They need to pull themselves together and have the expansion make a good impression to people. A lot of players I have talked to are basically waiting to see what the expansion brings before deciding if they want to quit for good or not.

+1
    And personally server vs server wouldn't be so one sided. Looking at our numbers on HL we have about 150-180 per nation.
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    <snip> I think this expansion is going to make it harder for people with lots of alts to keep them up to date but the idea of going through quests and becoming a noob again for a while does sound appealing to those with few alts or no alts at all.

I'll focus on my Venomancer for the start and work on alts much later (don't really play them much).

I agree.. hence why after I heard more about the expansion I deleted the baby alts I had - and so I'm an only character (veno) with pets.... many pets..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Anyhow, back to the topic. I think this expansion is going to make it harder for people with lots of alts to keep them up to date but the idea of going through quests and becoming a noob again for a while does sound appealing to those with few alts or no alts at all.

True. I can't even do dailies on all my alts, so I suppose I will have to focus on my main at first. But this is quite normal anyway.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    First of all be thankful for any updates to this game, when you started playing no one guaranteed there would be absolutely any content updates ~ and you have got them for the last 4 years.

They did advertise we would have faction base wars ~ however its probably the fault of the pwi usa staff and a failure to communicate. It sounds to be like the faction base wars were going to be like the nation war maps are now.

For that NW screenshot ~ why does one nation have so much more people in it? I guess server population vs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm not exactly thrilled about leveling from from 1-101 again. That's pretty redundant to me, as I didn't do all of this work to be low leveled again. Some things about the expansion I look forward to. Others, not so much. Honestly, I'm rather mehhh, against this expansion. However, I will wait and see how this whole thing turns out. Perhaps it'll give me a chance to implement something that I would like to do with my cleric...
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013

They did advertise we would have faction base wars ~ however its probably the fault of the pwi usa staff and a failure to communicate. It sounds to be like the faction base wars were going to be like the nation war maps are now.

Pretty sure they don't exist in PWCN either o.o so it's not just about our version. No clue why they were never implemented.
  • Deflectra - Sanctuary
    Deflectra - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Sever vs Server Nationwar would be trouble in other aspects too. The same Sever could always end up always winning 1st bc they have more R999s running around. Said sever could also end up NEVER getting 1st bc they are always stuck in a 3v1 situation.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    derp

Personally, it took me 4 years to get from level 1 to 100 on ANY character, I don't want to have to do it all over again. >_>
    Lv faster! >:E
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • killeresras
    killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sever vs Server Nationwar would be trouble in other aspects too. The same Sever could always end up always winning 1st bc they have more R999s running around. Said sever could also end up NEVER getting 1st bc they are always stuck in a 3v1 situation.

I agree since sanctuary server has the most r9rr/skill running around we would probably always win.b:thanks yay love my server, but needs more pk QQ
    Love lost is room gained
    b:cute
    edited December 2013
    I agree since sanctuary server has the most r9rr/skill running around we would probably always win.b:thanks

Not sure about that.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not sure about that.

I'm not either. But, I do think there are an awful lot of csers running around on Sanct, which would make it somewhat difficult for other servers to compete. I don't think it would just be a roll, though.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm not either. But, I do think there are an awful lot of csers running around on Sanct, which would make it somewhat difficult for other servers to compete. I don't think it would just be a roll, though.

I'm most definately sure it wouldn't be a clear win for Sanctuary, you can bet your left butt-cheek on that one. Why? Cause there are some money-throwing, desperately visa-bound e-peen strokers on all the servers. You wouldn't believe how many have rrr9 even on small, lil' ol' Arch, g16 is the poor man's gear, I tell you that. And, of course, people that know how to merch/farm to get gear are also well versed nowadays, if you can put the time into it, top gear isn't hard to come by.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    it could be a method of motivation that somethings start just outside their comfort zone. (aka server)
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Eh it's hard to judge/predict the possible outcome if we had server vs. server. You'd have to be playing on all servers for a good amount of time and get a good knowledge on the population of each server and the general gear/skill level of each.
    edited December 2013

There's a lot of c$ers on all servers.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I guess it will be a failed expansion, and half the cards in the new avatar system will be missing and will never be available, just like the title system. They will purposely leave out the highest tier of collectible cards....why? Because a complete card collection is too way OP with the high amount of stats it offers.
  • Rye - Morai
    Rye - Morai Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2013

That's quite true. I'm playing on PW Russia, and we have encountered the said situation. My server is now in a triple with the eldest/most populated/most CS'ed server we have (we've got a total of 14 servers split on triples and quadruples for server vs server NW that are rotated from time to time; in case if NW is held between three servers the fourth dynasty remains neutral).

The first weekend seemed catastrophic to us ( http://i.pixs.ru/storage/6/5/5/BDpng_7346425_9601655.png Frost nation = Orion, the server I'm talking about) but after that we formed a constant alliance with the second server in our triplet and since then Orion had never risen up from the last place (see http://s57.radikal.ru/i158/1311/9f/ae9611a1a421.png , Orion standing for the greens).

However, there is no doubt that the implementation of server vs server NW system was the greatest thing we had got for the last few years. It can bring a lot of pain, you know, PAIN, with it, but it's also a lot of fun and joy.
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Going on the past 4 major updates we have had, and problems or gaps in the update, which there is no need to go into....

I would be happy if just 50% of this update actually makes it to us and works as intended
    edited December 2013
    remember tho after the rebirth the exp rate is said to be x4, hopefully that gets implemented here.... maybe...