Need A Pet Sale! Who's With Me?

burnabybuildings
burnabybuildings Posts: 57 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
Would love to see a pet sale before Christmas. I got veno friends i wanna give a pet to as a christmas present, and giving my own veno a christmas present wouldn't help either! b:laugh

Any chance this could happen? (gets on hands and knees and begs profusely) b:surrender
http://meandpwi.blogspot.ca

sage cleric 102-102-101 / sage BM 102-102-102 / sage sin 102-102-103 / demon cleric 102-102-102 / demon veno 102-101-100 / demon archer 102 / sage barb 101-100-100 / sage seeker 101
Post edited by burnabybuildings on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It would be nice, they need to put Harpy/Monkey on sale eventually.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    even those pet being on sale..its still over 200mil?

they should put them in packs already
    maybe easier to get
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    They are expensive but they are a true luxury, even more so than Hercules/Phoenix although the Monkey can be arguably a requirement for serious PvP (but in that case, people can probably afford it).
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah. They need a pet sale. I think that it would also be really nice if they massively upgraded the variety of pets that a veno can tame, upgraded the expanse of evolution, and increased the pet cage slot for venos by 4. Lol. (Not trolling, I literally feel this way.)
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah. They need a pet sale. I think that it would also be really nice if they massively upgraded the variety of pets that a veno can tame, upgraded the expanse of evolution, and increased the pet cage slot for venos by 4. Lol. (Not trolling, I literally feel this way.)

I especially think they should make more mobs in Morai tameable. It sucked when they released a whole new map with a total of ONE tameable mob, and that's a rare pet.

They should get rid of some of the pet skills, though, like the perma-immunity to stun. That's hax.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    increased the pet cage slot for venos by 4. Lol. (

Just 4? Not good enough! f:angry
    In all seriousness, I've been hoping for a pet bag expansion for years...
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They are expensive but they are a true luxury, even more so than Hercules/Phoenix although the Monkey can be arguably a requirement for serious PvP (but in that case, people can probably afford it).

I was reading about the expansion these came out in and it was mentioned we'd also get a: Kirin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    I was reading about the expansion these came out in and it was mentioned we'd also get a: Kirin.

oh right..i even remember the picture o.o it was posted with monkey king and harpy
    kirin with money/harpy

but then again..that kirin is as mount in here o.o
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Venos seem to be getting all the focus nowadays.

#ElvesUnite

#WhatAboutUs

b:sad
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013

#ElvesUnite

#WhatAboutUs

Shoo >:o

The kirin was rumored to have been a pet exclusive to the pay-to-play Perfect World game while other rumors said it was an idea that was eventually scrapped like the new Spirit Fox Form and Panda Form skills we never got.

I don't what's the actual truth.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    as i understand before
    we only got 1/2 part of content..i think somewhere in forums was said that in 2nd part of content update will come the new 2 skills

but now there is no info about them much either..i guess wanmei didn't allow PWI to have all maybe
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013

#ElvesUnite

#WhatAboutUs

By playing my cleric - i feel like they actually don't need any update, only feels like would be nice if cleric had speed skill or something..but then again would be hard to run after them

archers r OP..when they pew pew ppl ..just..die

probably for person who been playing those 2 classes for very looooong time wants something new and cool

but first let pwi update barbs and venos..as they promised at least
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2013

archers r OP..when they pew pew ppl ..just..die

We're awesome at mass killing people with lesser gear than us. Especially fluffy little venos b:chuckle

Is there anyone apart from Chibi with that monkey pet on DW, considering how OP it is I don't see many venos with it. I guess a sale would help this cause?
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • killeresras
    killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    We're awesome at mass killing people with lesser gear than us. Especially fluffy little venos b:chuckle

Is there anyone apart from Chibi with that monkey pet on DW, considering how OP it is I don't see many venos with it. I guess a sale would help this cause?

Nu way ever since I got blazing barrier archers go pew pew expecting me to die and then I go lol lol and their on the ground
    Love lost is room gained
    b:cute
  • killeresras
    edited December 2013
    Umm why couldn't the monkey be amazing looking like harpy. I know monkey is good, but it's look is kind of ehhh
    Love lost is room gained
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013

yah so far i seen Chibi, Nosha and 1 lvl 85 veno have monkey (didnt notice more) few more have harpy but dont see it much into pvp as idk..tw/nw and so on

and yah its amazing but yet again that monkey is either for rich/cashers
    easiest and cheapest way to get monkey or harpy is when pwi one day put them in packs
    maybe their prize will go to 70mil too ( i hope)

beside that average venos have nothing of update xD even damn veno instance aint working unless u r pk

but how much would it be on sale..250mil? 200mil? f:faint

gawd this game is so...expensive f:brick
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    Nu way ever since I got blazing barrier archers go pew pew expecting me to die and then I go lol lol and their on the ground

im not good at archer skill titles and stuff

but i cant do anything against them when they have such a huge range
    Seems i always get stunned even if i see that archer haven't finished casting that stun...skill..w.e it is

only thing i can do is run away f:strive
  • killeresras
    edited December 2013
    im not good at archer skill titles and stuff

but i cant do anything against them when they have such a huge range
    Seems i always get stunned even if i see that archer haven't finished casting that stun...skill..w.e it is

only thing i can do is run away f:strive

Most of archers buffs are useless the only thing u should ever really worry about is antistun. The first move of archer is normally always that stun shot so I always run in with antistun. I always use blazing barrier as it leaves archers with few options unless of course their gear is way over your own. Since most likely an archer is likely to run they don't have much chance because I am demon veno (12.2 speed)so their just wasting genie energy on holypathing away from my fluffy self. When they have the guts to turn around and face my fluffiness again I turn them into fluffy too and what do u know no genie energy to run/AD then me and my nix stun lock and take the kill.

And actually veno pets give us the biggest range in game. With pet we can always get the first move so a stun on pet is always quite useful so you can stun the other player and then run up to them.
    Love lost is room gained
    edited December 2013
    Most of archers buffs are useless the only thing u should ever really worry about is antistun. The first move of archer is normally always that stun shot so I always run in with antistun. I always use blazing barrier as it leaves archers with few options unless of course their gear is way over your own. Since most likely an archer is likely to run they don't have much chance because I am demon veno (12.2 speed)so their just wasting genie energy on holypathing away from my fluffy self. When they have the guts to turn around and face my fluffiness again I turn them into fluffy too and what do u know no genie energy to run/AD then me and my nix stun lock and take the kill.

Yeah, it's not like archers have any way to stealth or leap or get anti-stun and go 15m/s...

If the first thing an archer is doing against you is holy pathing away when they tried to stun you with stun immunity on they're doing something terribly wrong.
  • killeresras
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, it's not like archers have any way to stealth or leap or get anti-stun and go 15m/s...

If the first thing an archer is doing against you is holy pathing away when they tried to stun you with stun immunity on they're doing something terribly wrong.

Lol at stealth=stealth pot. Lol at leap 12.2 speed all day. And stun from archer is always first move and if not then lol either way I had antistun up and they can kill them self off of reflect b:thanks
    Love lost is room gained
    edited December 2013
    Lol at stealth=stealth pot. Lol at leap 12.2 speed all day. And stun from archer is always first move and if not then lol either way I had antistun up and they can kill them self off of reflect b:thanks

Stealth = stealth pot assuming you're the same level or higher. And still it takes a couple seconds for it to complete the quest, enough for them to leap away.

Usually archers open with wings of grace, not stun arrow. Either that or Stun arrow -> wings of grace, which gives them 12s of immunity to stun.

Seriously, a decent archer has his way of kiting.
  • killeresras
    edited December 2013
    Stealth = stealth pot assuming you're the same level or higher. And still it takes a couple seconds for it to complete the quest, enough for them to leap away.

Usually archers open with wings of grace, not stun arrow. Either that or Stun arrow -> wings of grace, which gives them 12s of immunity to stun.

Seriously, a decent archer has his way of kiting.

Yes at assuming they are same lvl or lower. Purge is the way to deal with wings as it leaves archers quite vulnerable and if purge is already being casted leap won't stop it. Or I guess I could run while archer is antistun need since I highly doubt they will catch me without the use of pot/holypath. We can nor forget pet I stun people running after me plenty of times with the nix or again turn them into a fluffy. And as we all know their is no leaping or stealth when your bewitched.
    Love lost is room gained
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Replying to the other posts in this thread, overlooking the PvP talk.

The Monkey is indeed an amazing pet for PvP but it is quite expensive.
    A Monkey (or Harpy) at Sanctuary's current gold price of 1.8mil is about ~400mil without sales. It's a little more than that if we include AH fees and the like but let's say 400mil.

With that kind of money you can upgrade/improve a lot of parts of your gear or get a cheap Phoenix (~80mil?) for PvP and still have leftover coin to improve gear. Although I think most people have a Phoenix nowadays anyway.

People will and should prioritize gear over the pet because, as great as the pet is, it won't do much if you're squishy as heck. Those that have a monkey 1. already have good gear so the next step is the pet 2. rich people that can just afford it for their alts 3. people who have reached a certain level of gear where they can afford taking a break from the gear improvements and instead get the pet and 4. CSers that just buy whatever the heck they want. People buying the Monkey "just because they want it" would be a very rare case.
    Then there are those who can afford a Monkey but are iffy about dropping 400mil for a pet. However at this point, it is well known how effective a well used Monkey can be.

The sale would probably attract more people and have more Venomancers running around with either the Monkey or the Harpy or both.

The difference with the Monkey and the Harpy is that...the Monkey shines best in PvP so people who use it for PvP are probably serious about their Venomancer thus are probably well geared too. If they are well geared that means they have a pretty good money income thus they could afford it in the first place. There are exceptions of course but that's the general trend I've observed.

Harpy on the other hand is a pet people may choose to buy instead of upgrading their gear. Harpy is useless in PvP, it's a pet designed for massive PvE damage and AOE/CC. Typically, a person with an average of G16 Nirvana +5 won't really need more to do PvE activities so they will choose to drop the amount of coin over that pet just because they want to.

Then consider PvP/PvE servers. PvP server players don't really have a reason to get a PvE pet, Monkey is naturally more popular there. Harpy's more popular on a PvE server.

Whilst Monkey is arguably a requirement for an endgame PvP scenario, Harpy is the pure definition of "luxury pet". Harpy is a new kind of pet for Vemonacers. Venomancers were not designed to need a Harpy (arguably they need Hercules to be a true solo class) but the Harpy greatly improves your PvE activities and enjoyment.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    Replying to the other posts in this thread, overlooking the PvP talk.

The Monkey is indeed an amazing pet for PvP but it is quite expensive.
    A Monkey (or Harpy) at Sanctuary's current gold price of 1.8mil is about ~400mil without sales. It's a little more than that if we include AH fees and the like but let's say 400mil.

With that kind of money you can upgrade/improve a lot of parts of your gear or get a cheap Phoenix (~80mil?) for PvP and still have leftover coin to improve gear. Although I think most people have a Phoenix nowadays anyway.

People will and should prioritize gear over the pet because, as great as the pet is, it won't do much if you're squishy as heck. Those that have a monkey 1. already have good gear so the next step is the pet 2. rich people that can just afford it for their alts 3. people who have reached a certain level of gear where they can afford taking a break from the gear improvements and instead get the pet and 4. CSers that just buy whatever the heck they want. People buying the Monkey "just because they want it" would be a very rare case.
    Then there are those who can afford a Monkey but are iffy about dropping 400mil for a pet. However at this point, it is well known how effective a well used Monkey can be.

The sale would probably attract more people and have more Venomancers running around with either the Monkey or the Harpy or both.

The difference with the Monkey and the Harpy is that...the Monkey shines best in PvP so people who use it for PvP are probably serious about their Venomancer thus are probably well geared too. If they are well geared that means they have a pretty good money income thus they could afford it in the first place. There are exceptions of course but that's the general trend I've observed.

Harpy on the other hand is a pet people may choose to buy instead of upgrading their gear. Harpy is useless in PvP, it's a pet designed for massive PvE damage and AOE/CC. Typically, a person with an average of G16 Nirvana +5 won't really need more to do PvE activities so they will choose to drop the amount of coin over that pet just because they want to.

Then consider PvP/PvE servers. PvP server players don't really have a reason to get a PvE pet, Monkey is naturally more popular there. Harpy's more popular on a PvE server.

Whilst Monkey is arguably a requirement for an endgame PvP scenario, Harpy is the pure definition of "luxury pet". Harpy is a new kind of pet for Vemonacers. Venomancers were not designed to need a Harpy (arguably they need Hercules to be a true solo class) but the Harpy greatly improves your PvE activities and enjoyment.

uh yah im still collecting gold to get r9...but that monkey is so tempting xD..to stop my self i told my hubby to put password on gold...or imma just gonna end up buying darn money f:strive
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Uh, I've been preparing for a sale on harpies for a lot of months now lol, finally got my ornaments in order, just missing one ring, but all is set and ready for a harpy .-. ... PWE, now gimme my sale !b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Let's hope they have one for christmas :<
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tbh, I don't see them putting Monkey/Harpy on sale so soon. Give it until summer next year.

Nix/herc I can definitely see them dropping in price though. p;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • floriensheap
    floriensheap Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i wanna pet sale!!! that would be awesome to be able to get my veno and our "mutual" friend a present!!! Cmon PWI, it would be great for xmas!!!b:surrenderb:sadb:avoid
  • sobey
    sobey Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    f:confused
    I would love to get a monkey king but am not paying boutique prices until there a sell