Worth Coming Back?

Options
ShadowDrag - Lost City
ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
Hello, i first started playing PWI when it was first release, think about 5 years ago or what not and played for about two years. Up to a about where hyper exp stones were released.

Just wondering if the game is worth coming back to? Been on T3ra Online mostly but it's starting to get boring with the amount of grinding necessary endgame. Thoughts? b:bye
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ShadowDrag - Lost City on

Comments

• Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    stay far far away
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

Alright?

Better, how about you enjoy some pvp.
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Yeah well like before i was really into the game and really liked it but a lot of the endgame stuff at the time (including territory wars) lagged my pc too much at the time for me to really do anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CielDeLumen - Raging Tide
    CielDeLumen - Raging Tide Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    TL; DR : Come back if you are willing to work hard--it's a great game in many, many aspects! Still one of my favorites. Make friends though. b:victory
    Don't come back if you expect a booming and always helpful game population; also PvP is highly slanted towards gear over skill.

There are ups and downs, to be sure.

Also depends on how you look at it, and what you expect.

To be perfectly honest, my suggestion is to treat this as if it's a brand new game, and you've never played it before. If you take it that way:
    Amazing customization
    Great soundtrack
    Pretty graphics with low requirements
    Large map
    Hundreds of ways to customize
    Lots of skills to learn
    Many dungeons to run
    Great PvP
    New expansion coming out, with new things in sight

Take your pick, or add more! It's an amazing game in my opinion, still highly enjoyable. This, however, is with friends; without friends an MMO loses it's value. My advice is to find a few awesome friends who you can hang out with and do stuff with and so forth; a guild or faction is great too. If you have good friends, any game is great, and this one is nice to begin with.

All of that said, this game also has drawbacks.
    As the above two have mentioned, being able to cash-shop the best gear in the game, along with some other things, such as hyper stoning a character to 100 in a week, has really hurt the game population. It drove out a lot of the hard workers, and brought in a lot of people who don't know the meaning of team or hard work.

I am free-to-play and always have been, but it takes a lot of hard work to get anything--even more now when few will help--and it also takes an unflagging spirit in the face of adversity.
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Yeah well like before i was really into the game and really liked it but a lot of the endgame stuff at the time (including territory wars) lagged my pc too much at the time for me to really do anything.

Well your in for a treat now and its in the form of more lag.
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    Options
    TL; DR : Come back if you are willing to work hard--it's a great game in many, many aspects! Still one of my favorites. Make friends though. b:victory
    Don't come back if you expect a booming and always helpful game population; also PvP is highly slanted towards gear over skill.

Thank you such a detailed response, the only thing i really have about not fully wanted to come back to the game is due to the pay to win aspect of it. I remember when it took me just over couple months before getting anywhere close to endgame. Pvping at west gate every now and then. By the time i quit, it took about - like you said, a week to get to 100.
    Well your in for a treat now and its in the form of more lag.

Well the computer's maybe 5-6 times better now so im sure i wouldnt have an issue, i believe i can run 3 T3ra clients at max detail still keeping about the 30fps mark. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raziyal - Archosaur
    Raziyal - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I would say start playing again and/or wait till the new expantion comes out. Archosaur Studios is coming back so hopefully the game will be re-vamped as they have said.
    101 Veno (Sage) (Archo Server)
    102 Archer (Sage)
    104 Barb (Sage)
    101 Psy (Demon)
    104 Veno (Sage (sanc server)
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    wait for expansion so you don't have to redownload immediately after downloading
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I'm really sick of people asking in Forums ''worth coming back?''. Here's some advice for you OP, don't ask from players, most of them are kids or just plain stupid who start to say '' don't come, stay far away'' I suggest you decide whether you want to come back or not.
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    There is a lot of new thing but a lot of greater things to come with the exspantion.

As for id it is worth it... Don't come baclk if your expecting much.

Not about content just about if you PvP.

There is a new event, Nation Wars tho. It is pretty neat. Not going far myself as you can tell from my lvl. :p
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Can't say if it worth to play again (for you).

Last time, when I had checked world chat of Raging Tide it was very boring:
    FC, high level bhs, etc.

For me it mean 99% solo game.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I'm really sick of people asking in Forums ''worth coming back?''. Here's some advice for you OP, don't ask from players, most of them are kids or just plain stupid who start to say '' don't come, stay far away'' I suggest you decide whether you want to come back or not.
    Agreed.

It might not be so bad if we say this thread once every couple of months...
    But we don't. We see at least one of these threads a week, sometimes twice a week.

You know what...
    The answers haven't changed.

It's just too damn bad people don't have a clue about how to read a forum and look for answers before they make a fool out of themselves by posting.

I mean seriously, here's what we've got just recently....

December (You know.. This month? Recent like?)
    What happened to PWI? (Not the same question, but could have saved you some time.)
    Coming back!...maybe
    Status Check??
    Needing advice REALLY BAD..Please, Please! :(

November
    Poll: How do you feel about pwi? (Another random thread that would likely have what the OP is looking for.)
    Thinking of coming back....
    Installing after a long time
    Old player
    I Really Want to Know..

ALL of those are well within necro range. I could have gone further back in November, but then it would be on the other side of the Nero-wall and I don't like zombie incursions. I'm sure I missed a few too, I just did a quick glance through the forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    Options

As you can see. We also have a lovely, welcoming community ingame and on the forums. Who are obviously kind, helpful and are not obvious trolls. You see? Take this mans advice log in and see how you like it.b:victory
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    -Snip-
    -Snip-

Ignore the above. They're not MODs. Getting their knickers in a twist about a few extra threads. b:bye

Welcome back to PWI, and I'm sure I speak for most of us I'm glad you decided to have another look at this game. We sorely need players coming back to the game, as I don't see many new players. b:thanks

Lots of things have changed ofc in the time you've been away, it's still pay to win as lots of MMOs are, but relatively endgame gear is farm-able, so are decent shards, there are tricks to getting semi decent refines. NW is loads of fun, TW is always fun and there's more smaller TW factions nowadays than there used to be and most of the bigger factions will tend to leave them be rather than dominate the entire map. So you can find pvp at your gear level hopefully. I can't speak for Lost City though.

The main advice would be finding the right faction that is helpful friendly and you can make some farming buddies that will help in getting geared up and ready to go.

Don't expect too much from the game fps wise, they haven't really updated the engine so even with newer computers the difference wont be as great as other games.

But anyhoo welcome back and hope you give it a chance. b:victory
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Hello, i first started playing PWI when it was first release, think about 5 years ago or what not and played for about two years. Up to a about where hyper exp stones were released.

Just wondering if the game is worth coming back to? Been on T3ra Online mostly but it's starting to get boring with the amount of grinding necessary endgame. Thoughts? b:bye

I left for about 1 year or so.... deleted my toons on the PvP server and this time picked a PvE server.

I'm doing my best to not cash shop continually, just charms and things to expand my inventory, bank and general things that make game life a bit easier. I"m also - not making alts this time.

How has it been for me? Well, I've learned alot over the years so this time I did not come back with high expectations of the game. I was more seasoned, fully understood that even if you do CS - you won't really ever catch up to the game.

So I made peace with not being able to buy or have the newest items - and that's okay. I'm having fun, the players here are exceptionally helpful and also.. kind.

I think it comes down to what it is you want from the game. I'm exceptionally competetive and before that drove me - now, I play to relax, have fun and goof around... more relaxed mindset for me this time.

I like it, I'm happy with the changes to the Venomancer and pets and - I am excited about the expansion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Ignore the above. They're not MODs. Getting their knickers in a twist about a few extra threads. b:bye

Welcome back to PWI, and I'm sure I speak for most of us I'm glad you decided to have another look at this game. We sorely need players coming back to the game, as I don't see many new players. b:thanks

Lots of things have changed ofc in the time you've been away, it's still pay to win as lots of MMOs are, but relatively endgame gear is farm-able, so are decent shards, there are tricks to getting semi decent refines. NW is loads of fun, TW is always fun and there's more smaller TW factions nowadays than there used to be and most of the bigger factions will tend to leave them be rather than dominate the entire map. So you can find pvp at your gear level hopefully. I can't speak for Lost City though.

The main advice would be finding the right faction that is helpful friendly and you can make some farming buddies that will help in getting geared up and ready to go.

Don't expect too much from the game fps wise, they haven't really updated the engine so even with newer computers the difference wont be as great as other games.

But anyhoo welcome back and hope you give it a chance. b:victory

How dare you say to ignore my reply? I was only saying it for the sake of OP, people who start to say '' dont come here, stay away'' keeps players away from here. I was only telling some facts b:angry
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    How dare you say to ignore my reply? I was only saying it for the sake of OP, people who start to say '' dont come here, stay away'' keeps players away from here. I was only telling some facts b:angry

Your facts are really based upon your own observations and opinion and while I"m sure everyone does appreciate you responding, I do think that the original poster has a valid question.

People leave games continually and for various reasons. Often the fondness of the game has them wondering if things have changed, and if so for the better or worse?

The OP asked a sincere question and people gave honest responses to how they felt. Now its up to them to decide.

But I do hope those that are curious, atleast invest time into downloading & installing the game as well as logging for a few hours here and there and seeing all of the new updates and changes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    if you cant search the forums then no dont come back, its not worth another illegible player on the servers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    hope op saw how dysfunctional this player base is and run for the hills
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Didnt read the whole thread, meanless, its obvious that is NOT WORTH to come back, except if you want to spend RL money for the game...and im sure there is many better games where you could spend ur money...
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ngengekencer
    ngengekencer Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    come back if you want to waste real life money for **** game, where the gms doesnt care about customer's opinion, suggestions, and complaints b:bye
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Login on your server, or make a char somewhere, or whatever. Login, and read WC. Rune around Arch, check out some CatShops and Gold Prices, the AH. Hide in a tree or something, and see if its the type of place you want to be.

If you find some old friends, cool. You might get lucky and make a new one.

Worse comes to worse, you practically have the whole server to yourself, so, there is no point in NOT checking the game out, and seeing if its something you want to get envolved in again.

Try to take your time maybe. Or, you can rush to endgame, and feel the wallet crunch right away, but in any case...

only you can answer your question for you. b:victory

*ghost drifts off*
  • Kilala - Lost City
    Kilala - Lost City Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Don't come back what ever you do. I finally quit this game,been playing since open beta.Terrible community,game play,graphics will always be the same.Play and fight with the same r tards everyday.maaan F that!!!I think of this song when I think of this horrible game China created.

He's gonna take you back to the past
    To play the ****ty games that suck ***
    He'd rather have a buffallo
    Take a diarrhea dump in his ear
    He'd rather eat the rotten *******
    Of a road killed skunk and down it with beer
    He's the angriest gamer you've ever heard
    He's the Angry Nintendo Nerd
    He's the Angry Atari Sega Nerd
    He's the Angry Video Game Nerd

When you turn on the TV
    Make sure it's tuned to channel three
    He's got a nerdy shirt and a pocket pouch
    Although I've never seen him write anything down
    He's got a powerglove and a filthy mouth
    Armed with his zapper he will tear these games down
    He's the Angry Nintendo Nerd
    He's the Angry Atari Sega Nerd
    He's the Angry Video Game Nerd

He plays the worst games of all time
    They're horrible abominations of mankind
    They make him so mad he can spit
    Or say cowabunga, Cowa-****in'-piece'a dog ****

They rip you off and don't care one bit
    But this nerd, he doesn't forget it
    Why can't a turtle swim? Why can't I land the plane?
    They got a quick buck for this ****load of ****
    The characters names are wrong. Why's the password so long?
    Why don't the weapons do anything?
    These games suck so bad, he makes up his own words
    He's the angriest most pissed off gaming nerd
    He's the Angry...
    Atari
    Amiga
    CDI
    Colecovision
    Intellivision
    Sega
    Neo Geo
    Turbo Grafix 16
    Odyssey
    3DO
    Commodore
    Nintendo Nerd
    He's The Angry Video Game Nerd
  • Kilala - Lost City
    Kilala - Lost City Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I'm dead F in serious this game is ***.When will they close this sh** load of fu** down??
    Well there you go.b:bye
  • Arrowwz - Sanctuary
    Arrowwz - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    You guys are always exaggerating the game, like it's not even that bad. you guys are always complaining like damn.. **** already. the game has many positives and you guys always focus on the negatives. If i would you i'd come back for a week or 2 and see how you like it, ask some old friends or ask random ppl what you've missed (event wise) and they can fill you in. and those who QQ over r9 is sad.. because on HL almost everyone has r9.. idk how but ya it's pretty crazy. i don't have r9 im thinking about farming it next year who knows.
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    With this last 10* orbs colossal f--- up, yes the game is complete **** now. I'm not messing with you, but Ill simply tell you to not waste your time here. Im still reading the forums waiting for another response from GMs after the 10* orbs abuse.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

You are pretty wrong there, buddy.

Forumers are people likely still active in the game, and here it's much easier to convey information than in-game. Not to mention if the person hasn't redownloaded the game yet we could be saving them 4+ hours baby sitting a download and install.

Trying to jump right back into this game wouldn't help the OP as much as you think either, because there is a LOT in the game and they may just get lost when a pile of new stuff lands at their feet.

for the record, anonymity grows on trees on the internet, but respect and empathy are something to be desired; try showing some when you quote somebody
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    With this last 10* orbs colossal f--- up, yes the game is complete **** now. I'm not messing with you, but Ill simply tell you to not waste your time here. Im still reading the forums waiting for another response from GMs after the 10* orbs abuse.

The one time I try to stop caring about what was happening in the game and prioritize my life, I missed my opportunity to (Legitimately) get my r9rr+7 axe to +10. b:surrender

WTB> Compensation for my compensation, because other people are greedy and messed up everybody elses compensation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I say come back and roll a class of your choice but just be warned of the following SPOILER ALERT.

Your home city WILL be a ghost town but that's ok you remember the good 'ol days, right, everyone had to grind out those first 20 levels to get the teleporter to Archosaur. However, unlike the "good 'ol days" where you actually HAD to grind out the 20 levels, now at level 5, you get your first Lucid Agent leveling pack and...BAM!!!>>>Your level 10.

So now you pickup your daily free EXP/SPIRIT from the event calendar, may be a handfull of quests and find yourself at level 15 for your next Lucid Agent leveling pack and quartermaster rewards and...BAH-BAM!!!>>>Your level 20 and at Archosaur. But wait, your thinking 'What about my FB19?' PFFT whos does FB19 these days. You are already given OP gear and weapons at your level who need the weapon from FB19.

Next you muddle around for another 5 levels and guess what...Yep you know it your final Lucid Agent leveling pack plus possibility of another quartermaster rewards and (no shocker here) ...BAH-BAM!!!>>>Your level 30-31. Once again your asking, 'ToyMaker, what about FB29?' may answer is FB-who??

Now in addition to the calendar SPIRIT/EXP welfare package, Jolly Jones adds COIN plus more coin if you complete the bounty orders. Hey this is new so you run a few and shortly come to the conlusion, this is boring. So you go check the quartermaster finished enough quests to receive the next reward and you, guessed it level 35+.

Your raking in the welfare package and have over a million in coin, 15 hyperstones, a colection of HP/MP charms and see in WC selling head 35-45 300k and jump on the chance. After two runs of hypering heads your level 50+. 'But..but...Toymaker, FBs..' SHOOSH!!! NO ONE does FB at level these days.

So you decide to change things up a bit, grab your level 5x 1K quest from the elder, gain two more levels. Take a road trip with Goshiki and complete yous level 4x and 5x chain, another 5-6 levels and your pushing if not already a level 6x. Buy your TT weapon from your PWI welfare income and the best NPC or dropped gear to this point. Now you go back and solo your FB19-39 and play culti catch up. After another dozen or so hypered FC head runs and your 8x/9x joining an active faction.

All this in less than two weeks maybe less. Or, once your level 15 and have your first hypers, you can skip everything I posted and go strainght to FC and be 8x/9x in 2 or 3 days.

Enjoy and welcome back.b:victory
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    The one time I try to stop caring about what was happening in the game and prioritize my life, I missed my opportunity to (Legitimately) get my r9rr+7 axe to +10. b:surrender

WTB> Compensation for my compensation, because other people are greedy and messed up everybody elses compensation.

b:laugh Same damn thing happen to me. Decided that I would get some sleep after work graves instead of logging in. CURSE YOU RL, curse you.
This discussion has been closed.