[Archer vs Blademaster] Anticipation is a Lovely Mistress

Nigoshi - Raging Tide
Nigoshi - Raging Tide Posts: 218 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Blademaster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JutqomlNpNw

One of the more fun fights I've had recently so I thought I'd share it with you folks.

Our gear range is pretty close in this fight (R9T3 +10 Armor +12 bow +11 axes)and we've been playing together for a few years now so we know how to fight each other fairly well; which is why there was so much anticipation of skill use during the fight. I don't recall why we had buffs in the beginning but we kinda just said let's roll with it, sadly my usually reliable purge pole decided to not be so co-operative that day but his buffs did run out in the end.

Before speeding up the video the fight lasted around 13mins~
Wait...Wait...There will be large posterior wenches?! -Impatiens

youtube.com/NigoshiPwiRT - Blademaster PvP videos and TW
Post edited by Nigoshi - Raging Tide on

Comments

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not a bad video but a couple of things I would have tweaked.

You seemed to play pretty defensively throughout the fight. I didn't see you use mo zun or any chi draining skills. The archer was using bv wing grace whisper shot too often, but didn't seem to have cloud on their genie. I would have deleted cloud and heart and swapped it for virulent and mantle ripple of death. Blade Hurl you seemed to use too often when not needed to disable a combo, again to build up chi faster I'd get rid of ocean's edge in comboing for tiger maw, ocean edge only gives 5 chi to maw's 10, and drake sweep gives 12 + chance to get an additional 30.

Again I like to play pretty offensively so if you had been using white tea more often instead of immunity pots, you'd have had immune stun and drake bash to use to keep him locked rather than just tanking him. Again, being aggressive against archers will help keep you alive just due to the fact they're half damage at melee range for their ranged attacks and if you chi drain them, their metal attacks are pretty weak. You had one good combo going for you @ 3:02 but you can't reckless rush as a finishing move if they're above 50% hp to bypass charm, it's always best to wait till they're like 30-40% hp remaining as an instant cast skill.

Everything else seemed pretty nicely played, leap forwards were timed well to evade BV and stuns, I'd just try to play more aggressively and you will see results. Just my advice.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    their metal attacks are pretty weak..

b:shocked not true? ZTP metal combo is a monster when it catches you stunned with mag def charms ticked.

and HoS is essential for fighting archers IMO; better to stop a metal combo, especially if it's a sage BV-->Stormrage metal combo, with an 80 energy HoS than it is to get rid of debuffs with belief or ad or sutra orbs

But that archer lol; god of RNG? Such purge proc
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    b:shocked not true? ZTP metal combo is a monster when it catches you stunned with mag def charms ticked.

and HoS is essential for fighting archers IMO; better to stop a metal combo, especially if it's a sage BV-->Stormrage metal combo, with an 80 energy HoS than it is to get rid of debuffs with belief or ad or sutra orbs

But that archer lol; god of RNG? Such purge proc
    if you chi drain them, their metal attacks are pretty weak.

I think you misunderstand, I'm saying they are weak alone if they cannot be comboed with BV or any other skill, thus the triple chi drain skills on my STR genie + mo zun taunt. The assumption being the archer never has any chi ever when mantle, virulent poison and dissolve are in effect, it's nearly 3.5 sparks gone every 30 seconds.

I'm sure if I had a 91 LP genie, HoS would be a luxury, but in the example he has an 81 LP genie, perhaps removing Holy Path and Cloud for the two other chi draining skills.

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ahh, ok.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Haven't tried chi suppression genie on an archer, really. I always assume completely giving up my genie to suppress a class that has Awaken to be a bad idea. I burn my genie, they use Awaken, I've accomplished nothing but left myself genieless. In TW Mo Tzu's on archers is great to keep anti-stuns and barrages down but doesn't seem like an amazing techinque in 1v1 (just commenting, like I said I haven't tried it.)

Seemed to spend a lot of time belling at range rather than closing the distance then belling. As TheDan said the best thing you can do against an archer is be on them like glue. Also, after the purges (purges purges purges) I wouldn't throw up mag marrow until I'd belled because it unbalances you poorly against pdef attacks which are still 90% of the archers attacks.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    just something i saw but (at least in the first few mins) ud have him stun but not attack. wouldnt buff it kinda just looked like u had him stunned so u could let ur charm work.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Nigoshi - Raging Tide
    Nigoshi - Raging Tide Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Aye, when i do play against him offensively more often than not I come out on top. Though i'm a bit skeptical about taking holy path and cloud eruption off the genie in lieu of mantle and poison which were on there before purify proc was so widespread (Not quite sure why i still have them, I rarely use them tbh), it's kind of a general 'lets see who's out at west gate' genie atm, i suppose i will switch up the skills on there when i log in next time.

And yes, his purges that day...just....so hax!
    Wait...Wait...There will be large posterior wenches?! -Impatiens

youtube.com/NigoshiPwiRT - Blademaster PvP videos and TW
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Aye, when i do play against him offensively more often than not I come out on top. Though i'm a bit skeptical about taking holy path and cloud eruption off the genie in lieu of mantle and poison which were on there before purify proc was so widespread (Not quite sure why i still have them, I rarely use them tbh), it's kind of a general 'lets see who's out at west gate' genie atm, i suppose i will switch up the skills on there when i log in next time.

And yes, his purges that day...just....so hax!

The genie would just be useful in a 1v1 situation, they're worthless in group PvP. I use a mage vit genie for group PvP, and my 1v1 genie is a STR genie with lots of chi drains lol. So I have 2 genies for different situations.

• XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ask Mr. Dan to get you another sexy genie like his. b:thanks
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Haven't tried chi suppression genie on an archer, really. I always assume completely giving up my genie to suppress a class that has Awaken to be a bad idea. I burn my genie, they use Awaken, I've accomplished nothing but left myself genieless. In TW Mo Tzu's on archers is great to keep anti-stuns and barrages down but doesn't seem like an amazing techinque in 1v1 (just commenting, like I said I haven't tried it.)

Seemed to spend a lot of time belling at range rather than closing the distance then belling. As TheDan said the best thing you can do against an archer is be on them like glue. Also, after the purges (purges purges purges) I wouldn't throw up mag marrow until I'd belled because it unbalances you poorly against pdef attacks which are still 90% of the archers attacks.

It certainly can be countered by the Awaken for a few seconds during the duration of your genie recharging, but it does allow you to control the fight rather than be spammed by their aim low, leaps and kiting ability. They don't have purify proc on their weapons to worry about, so I've always found it to be super effective against them. You can drain a full awaken in less than 20 seconds with a triple drain.

I can certainly see why you'd see it that way though, I just never found a way to win against an archer playing defensively when they can kite and re-gain their chi so fast for combos. I probably lost to Kirby 1v1 20 times in a row before it clicked for me and I started breaking even 50 / 50 back in the day when we were both r9 +12, same concept applies though.