What happened to PWI?

Options
WilliamTell - Raging Tide
WilliamTell - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
I've been gone for two years and just came back, what happened to PWI? Is this a recent development? The constant situation of servers being down after maintenance, broken quests, missing NPC's, poorly maintained websites, badly coded pages that allow people to glitch them to get more rewards than was actually planned to hand out? I certainly don't remember it being this bad before. Two years ago, there was the occasional server dc, and it came back up again fairly quickly, from what I remember.

I hear many players say "I spent $x,xxx on this game so far" and then I look at all the problems, and think... 'wow, where did all the money go?' I know there's a lot of money flowing through the game, and out of it into the pockets of PWE.

Here's the problem, and bear with me: Every time problems like this happen, and it's not fixed, for several hours, you have two issues. First, you're losing money from those several hours people can't log in and buy gold, trade gold, and sell gold. You're losing money from people not being able to spend what they have from the boutique, as well. Secondly, the longer the game is down, the more likely your loyal dedicated players are to head somewhere else, no longer come back to PWI, and never charge Zen again. Who wants to spend real money on a game that seems to have more problems than it's worth playing for fun? If you could hire even one dedicated server admin to handle these problems when they happen and not hours later, it would be more than worth it, I'm sure.

I still find the whole Dragon Orb scenario astoundingly incredible for a top notch professional international gaming company who has multiple 3D MMO titles. That a script that hands out $75+ USD value rewards was not more carefully tested and coded just floors me. The additional lack of clarity surrounding the incident is rapidly decreasing my faith in the integrity of whoever is the head of management here.

Was PWE taken over by Cipsoft or what has happened to it?
...A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the heavens come crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear in this world, I bid you stand, warriors of Pellucidar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by WilliamTell - Raging Tide on

Comments

• TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I've been gone for two years and just came back, what happened to PWI? Is this a recent development? The constant situation of servers being down after maintenance, broken quests, missing NPC's, poorly maintained websites, badly coded pages that allow people to glitch them to get more rewards than was actually planned to hand out? I certainly don't remember it being this bad before. Two years ago, there was the occasional server dc, and it came back up again fairly quickly, from what I remember.

I hear many players say "I spent $x,xxx on this game so far" and then I look at all the problems, and think... 'wow, where did all the money go?' I know there's a lot of money flowing through the game, and out of it into the pockets of PWE.

Here's the problem, and bear with me: Every time problems like this happen, and it's not fixed, for several hours, you have two issues. First, you're losing money from those several hours people can't log in and buy gold, trade gold, and sell gold. You're losing money from people not being able to spend what they have from the boutique, as well. Secondly, the longer the game is down, the more likely your loyal dedicated players are to head somewhere else, no longer come back to PWI, and never charge Zen again. Who wants to spend real money on a game that seems to have more problems than it's worth playing for fun? If you could hire even one dedicated server admin to handle these problems when they happen and not hours later, it would be more than worth it, I'm sure.

I still find the whole Dragon Orb scenario astoundingly incredible for a top notch professional international gaming company who has multiple 3D MMO titles. That a script that hands out $75+ USD value rewards was not more carefully tested and coded just floors me. The additional lack of clarity surrounding the incident is rapidly decreasing my faith in the integrity of whoever is the head of management here.

Was PWE taken over by Cipsoft or what has happened to it?

I feel bad for you to have felt the need to come back to this game after 2 years. I myself have only played for the last 2 years and have pretty much watched the game go straight to hell. I personally believe this will continue beyond no return with the next expansion but we will have to see. I have already started looking for other games to keep my time occupied. It is just the sad reality that PWE is clearly not caring about PWI anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WilliamTell - Raging Tide
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I feel bad for you to have felt the need to come back to this game after 2 years. I myself have only played for the last 2 years and have pretty much watched the game go straight to hell. I personally believe this will continue beyond no return with the next expansion but we will have to see. I have already started looking for other games to keep my time occupied. It is just the sad reality that PWE is clearly not caring about PWI anymore.

Well I still have a lot of old friends here, and it seems many of them also just came back to the game, so we're hanging out and running instances like Nation Wars together, so don't get me wrong, when the game is running smoothly, it's fun. But the times when it's running smoothly seem to be fewer now.
    ...A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the heavens come crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear in this world, I bid you stand, warriors of Pellucidar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I wouldn't blame PWE only.
    The playerbase is partially at blame too as well as Wanmei; we get our content from there after all.

A lot of changes inside the game (updates or otherwise) are from over the seas. I don't know how things are over at PWCN but Wanmei has proved time and again how much they care about us considering we got a content update that's half broken with an expansion in the horizon with no word on whether old things will actually be fixed.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    To the OP your words meen nothing after bring gone for two years so plz pack up and go away again....trust me you can't afford this game.
    edited December 2013
    Options
    To the OP your words meen nothing after bring gone for two years so plz pack up and go away again....trust me you can't afford this game.

I had R8 before I left from farming coin only. I'm farming T3 and am coming along nicely. Next is R9. Yes, I've put money into the game as well, but only for the Battlecat mount when I first started because it was helpful in TW. I may spend cash to refine past 10 for R9 in future, if PWI gets down to business and stops fooling around. Who... How... You're going to tell me what I can and can't afford based on what, pray tell?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Abner - Raging Tide
    Abner - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Who knows?
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    its been going down hill for a while, both from the company and players b:surrender
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Sylki - Harshlands
    Sylki - Harshlands Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    u guys all do realize that this game has been around for about 5 years, right? its one of the longer running free mmorpgs out there (that actually is a 3d world not a 2d platform)... its kinda amazing its lasted this long anyway with all the new games that are being created every year.
  • Rubybeard - Archosaur
    Rubybeard - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    i just saw dragon orb +11 and +12 are on sale today, and laughed so hard.
    this company is just ridiculously stupid b:laughb:laugh
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    a bit odd , after 2 years you came back? nice timing , you came back when they have issue on orb and other things or maybe you just an alt trying to say that you dont want to play anymore due to that reason? as erlier said go back your things and do other stuff.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I had R8 before I left from farming coin only. I'm farming T3 and am coming along nicely. Next is R9. Yes, I've put money into the game as well, but only for the Battlecat mount when I first started because it was helpful in TW. I may spend cash to refine past 10 for R9 in future, if PWI gets down to business and stops fooling around. Who... How... You're going to tell me what I can and can't afford based on what, pray tell?

People who are not farmers, merchants or cash-shoppers, but still want all the goodies in this game b:dirty reply with "To the OP your words meen nothing after bring gone for two years so plz pack up and go away again....trust me you can't afford this game."

I only know a few merchants go got their gear solely from merchanting. Most of us farm, merchant our gear, a few throw in some money. Nothing good or bad about it, if you enjoy it, do it.

Personally it just take a bit longer to catch up to the curve, but anything can be done with dedication. As you said, t3 farmed, r9 next year, in future refine gear, that is very doable, wish you the best of luck for it b:victory.

Btw, next update coming has two components to it. You can reset your character to lvl 1 and get more base stats to work with. Bubbles has a thread on the details. The other aspect is, we get cards that increase our PVP stats. Even if you are not top notch gear, but have the cards, you can fight on par with top notch gear people (who do not have cards and do not know how to play b:chuckle). In short the above two changes are exciting changes in my opinion, it will give everyone something to do.
  • SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver
    SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I think a lot of the issues might be to do with growth in the company. The went from a couple of really good MMOs then they grew, took over Cryptic and now they have 15 international as well as what they have in China/other countries so once there was a mass of dedicated people on PWI they had to work over several titles so things tend to slip when the workload increases.

I think a more interesting thing than the upcoming update is that the original PWI/E team are suppose to be coming back and getting involved again which can hopefully only mean good things.

The orb/compensation thing was rather unfortunate and badly handled/managed but we shouldn't get too hung up because we missed out on a few extra pixels. No one died after all.

Hope you enjoy being back b:bye
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

The orb/compensation thing was rather unfortunate and badly handled/managed but we shouldn't get too hung up because we missed out on a few extra pixels. No one died after all.

I think it's more about the way they acted on the whole event rather than people whining for having missed. I was sad but moved on. However that doesn't change the fact that lots of people are not happy on how PWE "solved" it.

Oh well whatevers -shrugs- I don't think about it too much.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited December 2013
    Options
    bangis2010 wrote: »
    a bit odd , after 2 years you came back? nice timing , you came back when they have issue on orb and other things or maybe you just an alt trying to say that you dont want to play anymore due to that reason? as erlier said go back your things and do other stuff.

What's odd about coming back to a game I enjoyed? I was here before the orb issue, go ask my friends. What's odd is you hiding behind the default avatar and trolling threads with nonsense. Go back to the rock you crawled from, troll. b:kiss

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Everytime something happens theres:

- at least 10 pple that make a whole new thread aside from the official one preaching how its not a QQ thread and telling us the obvious that shat aint fixed.

- at least 5 pple that claim to make a come back to the game asking wtf is the situation, and telling us the obvious that shat aint fixed, and answered by grouches who agree that are too lonely to leave the game alone.

- a handful of pple that find the situation amusing. More so the reactions of each QQ

- the rest that dump their QQ into one bit fat thread that goes well past 500 pages, mostly full of same pple which also try to find any other QQ thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    It's true, the longer the game is on the market the worse it gets, with every expansion they run out of ideas to keep the players playing. Not to mention the original developers being gone for long time they just broke the game with the new stuff. There is the vanilla stuff and the expansions, they simply don't work together.
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • Meishia - Dreamweaver
    Meishia - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I don't understand why they're adding more extensions if they can't even get the recent one to work... b:cry b:cry