Farmer Sin

Options
koann
koann Posts: 18 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Assassin
Hey guys i need some tips about farm and all, i just got a sin almost nv 100 and i got all aps gear ready(g15 helm and legs, boots necks belt...) and g16 daggers with 1 -int +5 already and my gear looks like this:
http://pwcalc.com/ea43f0ef12090cc3

I need this sin to solo fc, i have cleric to buff always and im demon, and im wandering if worth buy 6* and 7* orbs to put weapon +10(i not abused the code so i only have 3 b:cry)
With this gear will be easy and fast to solo fc? With +10 weapon with this gear what i would be able to farm? 3-1 ? 3-2? How about do warsong pavs? Stealth runs only after +10 weapon?
I plan to get r9 daggers in end so idk if worth +10 dagger for now...what hp/def i need to start solo 3-3?
And tell me good skills for a PVE genie that can help me, and its possible to tank the aoe slash in fc boss( i always fail with timing even to tank the circles of first boss?) This is a alt toon and i already put alot of coin here, i want start to see the return...
Post edited by koann on

Comments

• sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    frost is so easy to solo a caveman could do it, and they do b:victory
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    koann wrote: »
    Hey guys i need some tips about farm and all, i just got a sin almost nv 100 and i got all aps gear ready(g15 helm and legs, boots necks belt...) and g16 daggers with 1 -int +5 already and my gear looks like this:

I need this sin to solo fc, i have cleric to buff always and im demon, and im wandering if worth buy 6* and 7* orbs to put weapon +10(i not abused the code so i only have 3 b:cry)
    With this gear will be easy and fast to solo fc? With +10 weapon with this gear what i would be able to farm? 3-1 ? 3-2? How about do warsong pavs? Stealth runs only after +10 weapon?
    I plan to get r9 daggers in end so idk if worth +10 dagger for now...what hp/def i need to start solo 3-3?
    And tell me good skills for a PVE genie that can help me, and its possible to tank the aoe slash in fc boss( i always fail with timing even to tank the circles of first boss?) This is a alt toon and i already put alot of coin here, i want start to see the return...

Dude theres a search function for a reason.

1. R9,R9r,and R9rr arent worth getting for a farming toon. G16 nirvy with int has the same dps damage output as r9rr.

2. Sins in +2 refine can solo fc.

3. You dont even need cleric buffs.

4. Stealth runs arent just +10 weps, we like our boys g15 or higher grade weps at +10.

5. Slash boss, meet IG. *shakes hands*

6. Orbs for +7? Dude you've wasted money. Sins dont get a good return until all ur gear is +8 or higher with some decent pdef and a +10 wep. If you wanted a cheap farming toon, you should have made a bm or aps barb.

7. Farming alt sins make me sick. Good day.
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I think you upset Dion :(
    5. Slash boss, meet IG. *shakes hands*

Nothing beats the feeling of triping at the right time though :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@OP: A lot of the sins here will be able to claim to have soloed FC with half the gear you are wearing. It is not a gear issue that you are having. I Advise that you take a break from your main and spend some time learning your sin.

Soo many farming sins just cycle triple and autos all the time with no though too maxing damage potential or surviving a boss other than BP OP omg. This is one of the reasons APS sins got such a bad rep, people made an assassin alt but didnt spend any time learning the class thinking APS would carry them though.

If you are struggling in FC dont even think about 3-3.
    Steelation will punch your teeth though the back of your head.
    And Emperor will just plain laugh at you.

PvE genie look at: AD, HP, TM and EP. Zeals are normally favoured for their level 1 skill. Vit magic is normally the best bet but its really up to you.

Tips? Learn how to max your damage there are old threads on sin forums with lots and lots of maths that will help you do this with certain combos.

Learn each boss though and though. I.e know shouts, ways they deal damage, etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    __Sami__ - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Dude theres a search function for a reason.

1. R9,R9r,and R9rr arent worth getting for a farming toon. G16 nirvy with int has the same dps damage output as r9rr.

Just no. I dont think one should get r9t3 on farming toon, takes too long to farm it back, think I got to ~1k TT runs estimation to pay back R9T3 dags +12 refine vs keeping my n3+12. Didnt bother doing that, time to pay it back just takes too long as my n3 is bound *kicks mailbox*. But there is distinct damage difference in favor of R9T3 vs N3. I would say N3+12 with -int is pretty equal to R9T3+10, though latter seems to be marginally stronger.

@OP: Farming FC with that gear should be easy, though the better gear, the less you use time & resources (pots+genie stamina+charm ticks). Your gear is prolly enough to do ribbon runs in 3-1, dont take too long and least archo had good market for those. I would advice buffs there though, I wouldnt try doing full 3-1 as you cant do beast and opening route to snake would take too long to be worth it.

As for 3-2/3-3 soloing? You want full buffs and 10k+ hp unbuffed, doable with less but there is only so much skill does in 3-3, most often its bout luck on how nice bosses are with their combos. Sometimes I get ***** trough 15k+ hp and p.def (buffed) and can only raise my hands in the air in frustration as I couldnt realistically do anything to survive it. But luckily those kinds of runs are rare. All in all its mostly bout gear and watching for shouts, sadly there is only so many get out of jail cards you got with long cds that when bosses want to kill you, they usually do.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/104/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#135691 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Just no. I dont think one should get r9t3 on farming toon, takes too long to farm it back, think I got to ~1k TT runs estimation to pay back R9T3 dags +12 refine vs keeping my n3+12. Didnt bother doing that, time to pay it back just takes too long as my n3 is bound *kicks mailbox*. But there is distinct damage difference in favor of R9T3 vs N3. I would say N3+12 with -int is pretty equal to R9T3+10, though latter seems to be marginally stronger.

@OP: Farming FC with that gear should be easy, though the better gear, the less you use time & resources (pots+genie stamina+charm ticks). Your gear is prolly enough to do ribbon runs in 3-1, dont take too long and least archo had good market for those. I would advice buffs there though, I wouldnt try doing full 3-1 as you cant do beast and opening route to snake would take too long to be worth it.

As for 3-2/3-3 soloing? You want full buffs and 10k+ hp unbuffed, doable with less but there is only so much skill does in 3-3, most often its bout luck on how nice bosses are with their combos. Sometimes I get ***** trough 15k+ hp and p.def (buffed) and can only raise my hands in the air in frustration as I couldnt realistically do anything to survive it. But luckily those kinds of runs are rare. All in all its mostly bout gear and watching for shouts, sadly there is only so many get out of jail cards you got with long cds that when bosses want to kill you, they usually do.

You can solo beast with that in 3-1. I was soloing him in +5 aps gear and +10 t-3 with 9.3k hp buffed, but im also sage although i spam windsheild. I could do a full run in 25mins, I'm sure he could do it faster being demon.
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    We farm people, not instances gg
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Didnt read other replies so sorry if i repeat stuff.

If you should use your orbs now or save them for your R9 depends on when you expect to get that R9. If you dont have much wealth right now and you plan to farm your R9, then definately +10 your weapon for a start. And more improvements will be nice as well, espescially a tome. It will greatly speed up your farming and thus pay back for itself before you ever get that R9. If you cashshop your R9 next week, then save the orbs. If youre just for farming, dont get R9 though. since it lacks int on the weapon, it is not that much better than G16 for an APS sin. While the extra base dmg, attack levels and GOF on R9 might increase your average damage per hit by some 40% or so, you lose 25% due to the loss of -int, severely limmiting the value of it.

To solo FC there are barely any requirements, But +10 will speed it up. Again, espescially a tome. 5 APS is nice in FC for it allows you to spark resist most of what all the bosses do.

To solo 3-3, you probably need ALL your gear at least +10 and have proper shards. Believe me, while many may make it sound like everyone and his mother soloes 3-3, really soloing 3-3 is very rare and done by a very select few. I think it should not be your ambition if this sin is not your main. Instead i would advise you to solo 2-3 and 3-1. Even for those, you may want to dual client with a cleric. I can solo 2-3 without cleric pretty comfortably, but that is with 16k HP and 18k pdef. You can do with less, but you surely need to be pretty tough to take wurlord, the cannonfist guy and ancient evil without cleric. If you want the cleric cheap and just for dual client support, make it a vit build in morai +5 gear. This makes a cheap cleric remarkably tough. 3-1 steelation is not to hard. 3-2 and 3-3 steelation is a pain. Emperor is a true boss, only OP people solo this guy. Dont be discouraged though, soloing 3-3 is not at all needed. 2-3 and 3-1 can provide plenty coins. Possibly more than most people get soloing 3-3.

Warsong Stealth runs you probably mean mobless ? For killing the boss, your defences etc dont matter. You will be using IG anyway. To be the main tank sin, 5aps and +10 is all thats needed. (and skill + confidence the tanking sin usually "leads" the squad so you must know exactly what is happening and why, not only for yourself but the whole squad, take some lessons from an experienced sin before you make your own mobless squad) However, to clear the group of mobs at metal and water for the others to port in safely, you need to toughen up. You can however just stealth to the boss, and tell the BM and Barb when its safe to port and then kill the mobs with the 3 of you.

Tanking the circles should be easy. Count to 5, spark. NP. of course it is very nice to have enough HPs that you are not dead if you fail once. Tanking the slash i never tried. If you are +10, you only need to run once though. So you run away, you spark out of his range, activate holy path or use some sin jump skill and finish him, only like 5 seconds lost.

Genie:
    -Absolute domain is a must.
    -Holy path is extremely convenient.
    -I use cloud eruption too so that if a boss stuns me and im short on chi to perma spark, i can use CE to fill up. I guess sins get enough free chi that this aint needed.
    -Extreme poison / tangling mire can help you deal more dmg. However when i am fighting tough stuff like emperor i prefer to save my energy for Absolute domain or Tree of protection. When im doing mobless FW, usually someone else has these skills on their genie.

Apothecary is very important in soloing TT or well doing any difficult task actually. IG of course, but also sutra orbs, samsara wheel and some other stuff that protects you against incomming damage or heals you.

So i would advise you to +10 your weapon, spend the very first money you make on a tome. Then start working on +7 your armors. (with mirages and tisha/tienkang, use this sheet to optimize your refining) Maybe also do a bit of weekly SOT/ABA to get cheap but better shards in some of your gear. By the time you got that done, you are probably doing 2-3 and 3-1 either solo or with little help from a dual client toon and maybe experimenting 3-2 and 3-3 together with a friend or something. You can then decide if you think its worth your while to further improve your sin.

Beware that as soon as you +10 your weapon, the 90% of barbs who dont have stomp of the king are almost useless for holding agro off of you and those who do have stomp of the king cant keep you really safe either. So you will die if you are going to do stuff with a squad in Low refined armors with a +10 weapon.

PS also try the 15def level blessing. It will allow you to tank just a little more than with the attack level one. If you do stuff in squad its a double eged sword as it reduces agro you take and increases the damage you can take.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • koann
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ty all for reply's but im think im going to give up +5 refine on some things, i only got dagger and neck +5 already, the rest of 99 aps gear i dont wear it yet because i got 200 event gold in another accs, but i already spend like 400+ mirages to get a +5 on helm and belt and got +0 on two...my lucky with refine is real bad and now i dont have my tt90 anymore i dont have nothing to wear...guess i have no choice than put +2 with free orbs then eventually buy orbs i dont have time and mirages to waste playing with refines...faster i start make coin faster i can upgrade my gear
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ty all for reply's but im think im going to give up +5 refine on some things, i only got dagger and neck +5 already, the rest of 99 aps gear i dont wear it yet because i got 200 event gold in another accs, but i already spend like 400+ mirages to get a +5 on helm and belt and got +0 on two...my lucky with refine is real bad and now i dont have my tt90 anymore i dont have nothing to wear...guess i have no choice than put +2 with free orbs then eventually buy orbs i dont have time and mirages to waste playing with refines...faster i start make coin faster i can upgrade my gear

+3 with mirages gg?????
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • koann
    edited November 2013
    Options
    +3 with mirages gg?????

If i told you that in my last 200 mirages tries i dont saw any +3 you would believe it? b:surrender
    Thats because i try everything, use a low lvl gear to get fails and change, tried in elder of empty citys(tellus, raging tides)...thats disappointing
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options

People easilly consider their luck bad when its about refining. Because of the amount of clicking needed it easilly feels bad. Look at the zoho sheet though. 400 mirages to +5 ? what are you worrying about thats 4m, you dont buy +5 orbs for that money.......

I have 9200 mirages on my toon now just to give you a picture. yes the clicking sucks but really if you refine your whole gear to +5 or +6 ish, luck isnt that big of a factor. +7 and +8, variance really starts te become a *****. And dont waste time and mirages on superstition. It will only make things worse. Be rational.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If i told you that in my last 200 mirages tries i dont saw any +3 you would believe it? b:surrender
    Thats because i try everything, use a low lvl gear to get fails and change, tried in elder of empty citys(tellus, raging tides)...thats disappointing

Useing low level gear for fail is piontless as refining is completely random. Trust someone who has refined almost ALL of his gear himself with mirages, teinkangs, and tishas. +7 can take a while to get if you're lazy like me, but the cost warrants the heartbreak of clicking that button. I got my r9rr wrist and my g12 tt99 wrist to +7 a few days ago with 10m.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Didnt read other replies so sorry if i repeat stuff.

If you should use your orbs now or save them for your R9 depends on when you expect to get that R9. If you dont have much wealth right now and you plan to farm your R9, then definately +10 your weapon for a start. And more improvements will be nice as well, espescially a tome. It will greatly speed up your farming and thus pay back for itself before you ever get that R9. If you cashshop your R9 next week, then save the orbs. If youre just for farming, dont get R9 though. since it lacks int on the weapon, it is not that much better than G16 for an APS sin. While the extra base dmg, attack levels and GOF on R9 might increase your average damage per hit by some 40% or so, you lose 25% due to the loss of -int, severely limmiting the value of it.

Actually .05 int is about 20% average dps, and r9rr w/o tome has the same damage if not better than G16 with it. Still though, G16 does about the same DPS and give more chi. R9rr simply isnt worth getting for a farming alt.

To solo FC there are barely any requirements, But +10 will speed it up. Again, espescially a tome. 5 APS is nice in FC for it allows you to spark resist most of what all the bosses do.

I have never been above 3.33 with widsheild and can still spark resist in FC.

To solo 3-3, you probably need ALL your gear at least +10 and have proper shards. Believe me, while many may make it sound like everyone and his mother soloes 3-3, really soloing 3-3 is very rare and done by a very select few. I think it should not be your ambition if this sin is not your main. Instead i would advise you to solo 2-3 and 3-1. Even for those, you may want to dual client with a cleric. I can solo 2-3 without cleric pretty comfortably, but that is with 16k HP and 18k pdef. You can do with less, but you surely need to be pretty tough to take wurlord, the cannonfist guy and ancient evil without cleric. If you want the cleric cheap and just for dual client support, make it a vit build in morai +5 gear. This makes a cheap cleric remarkably tough. 3-1 steelation is not to hard. 3-2 and 3-3 steelation is a pain. Emperor is a true boss, only OP people solo this guy. Dont be discouraged though, soloing 3-3 is not at all needed. 2-3 and 3-1 can provide plenty coins. Possibly more than most people get soloing 3-3.

I agree with everything here except the bit on emp. Stealation is much worse than emp.

Warsong Stealth runs you probably mean mobless ? For killing the boss, your defences etc dont matter. You will be using IG anyway. To be the main tank sin, 5aps and +10 is all thats needed. (and skill + confidence the tanking sin usually "leads" the squad so you must know exactly what is happening and why, not only for yourself but the whole squad, take some lessons from an experienced sin before you make your own mobless squad) However, to clear the group of mobs at metal and water for the others to port in safely, you need to toughen up. You can however just stealth to the boss, and tell the BM and Barb when its safe to port and then kill the mobs with the 3 of you.

I actually make these runs, and I'm trying to get these farming sins out of the 5 aps habit. You DO NOT need to be 5 aps to run stealth WS or tank it. Most sins in stealth WS arent even 4 aps.
    Weps I accept on my runs:
    G16+10 or higher
    G15+10 (with int) or higher
    R9, R9r, R9rr +10 or higher

Culti doesnt matter, having a tome doesnt matter. Because when demon HF hits that boss, with Subsea and mire, any of those weps can average 650k-1m or higher DPS each, and neither of them are 5 aps w/o a tome. We only take a BM and 5 sins on our runs. Barb cleric, stay outside for buffs.

Tanking the circles should be easy. Count to 5, spark. NP. of course it is very nice to have enough HPs that you are not dead if you fail once. Tanking the slash i never tried. If you are +10, you only need to run once though. So you run away, you spark out of his range, activate holy path or use some sin jump skill and finish him, only like 5 seconds lost.

If you are +10 G16 you can kill him before he slashes. Spark>IH>Powerdash>Auto atk>Mire>EP. Im 2.5 aps base sage with r9rr+10 and I can kill him before he slashes with that combo. I don't even bother ribstriking.b:chuckle

Genie:
    -Absolute domain is a must. (No, it''s not. It kills your genie. ToP is much better if you time it right.)
    -Holy path is extremely convenient.
    -I use cloud eruption too so that if a boss stuns me and im short on chi to perma spark, i can use CE to fill up. I guess sins get enough free chi that this aint needed.
    -Extreme poison / tangling mire can help you deal more dmg. However when i am fighting tough stuff like emperor i prefer to save my energy for Absolute domain or Tree of protection. When im doing mobless FW, usually someone else has these skills on their genie.

Apothecary is very important in soloing TT or well doing any difficult task actually. IG of course, but also sutra orbs, samsara wheel and some other stuff that protects you against incomming damage or heals you. (I like dew stars and sutra orbs.)

So i would advise you to +10 your weapon, spend the very first money you make on a tome. Then start working on +7 your armors. (with mirages and tisha/tienkang, use this sheet to optimize your refining) Maybe also do a bit of weekly SOT/ABA to get cheap but better shards in some of your gear. By the time you got that done, you are probably doing 2-3 and 3-1 either solo or with little help from a dual client toon and maybe experimenting 3-2 and 3-3 together with a friend or something. You can then decide if you think its worth your while to further improve your sin.

If you dont know whether its worth while to improve the sin, why on earth would you suggest a 250mil coin tome? He can get all his gear to +7 and for that and have about 11k hp buffed with flawless shards, and still not have spend 60m. I suggest refining your gears to a decent lv (6 or 7). Before bothering with an overly expensive tome. Much like a r8r aps set, the tome is a commodity not a neccesity. If you can farm fine w/o a tome, you'll only get faster with one, but only if you arent use to having a tome can that happen.

Beware that as soon as you +10 your weapon, the 90% of barbs who dont have stomp of the king are almost useless for holding agro off of you and those who do have stomp of the king cant keep you really safe either. So you will die if you are going to do stuff with a squad in Low refined armors with a +10 weapon. Yet you suggest he get a tome (which increase damage output), over refining those armors?

PS also try the 15def level blessing. It will allow you to tank just a little more than with the attack level one. If you do stuff in squad its a double eged sword as it reduces agro you take and increases the damage you can take.

Reply's in Cyan
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Reply's in Cyan

Ye, 20% vs 25%, that depends what you take as base. 5 is 25% more than 4, but 4 is 20% less than 5. While my numbers are just very rough, good thing we all agree that R9 is not worth it for farming sins :)

For spark resisting i guess you use sin skills to generate chi then. I was only looking from my barb perspective and forgot about that :)

Hmm, yes many things are possible for mobless runs and i too dont usually have high squad requirements. Except for 1 person though, i want 1 sin that is sure to have agro by a decent margin so that noone will accidentally steal it. I consider myself (5APS+10 barb) not strong enough a DD to be the tanker in my mobless squads. It might be possible, but i like convenient and safe :)

I use TOP myself of course on a genie as well. AD however has multiple uses and espescially when doing mobless runs. It is nice to chain AD with IG instead of just an anti stun skill as it lengthens your protection time and also requires only 1 action to activate your protection. If you have a really OP squad, it saves you from using apoth as you can kill the boss within AD time. Of course necessity is the wrong word, but i think it is so usefull in multiple ways that it comes close to it :)

The tome... Well yes you are right it is expensive and refining armors to +7 could well have higher priority. I just find the difference between 4aps and 5aps a huge one both for the dmg and the chi generation (although that is less important for a sin yes) And farming faster seems worthwhile to me. The tome also doesnt need to be considered pure expense as it can be sold by the time he thinks he farmed enough. So ye, maybe the tome should not be first priority, but if youre serious about farming r9 for another toon, i would get it for sure.

Oh and for steelation. The difference between 3-1 and higher is so big. 3-1 steelation is kind of childsplay. Just keep up your attention and run when you got to run and you dont really need to have a specially powerfull toon. 3-2 and up steelation i just dont get near him :p
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Just fyi... if you decide you want to tank slash boss, use tidal not focused.. level 10 tidal and +4 aps gears should be enough.. and gl
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I was talking in 3-2 steelation. The one in 3-1 is a big kitty. XD
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    Options
    You can solo beast with that in 3-1. I was soloing him in +5 aps gear and +10 t-3 with 9.3k hp buffed, but im also sage although i spam windsheild. I could do a full run in 25mins, I'm sure he could do it faster being demon.

Ribbon runs take maybe 5 minutes and beast is easy till he purges you - I rather live under assumption they arent that used to killing beast to do it reliably. Also, they got 7,2k hp buffed, which is distinctly less than your 9,2k. Not to forget his p.def fully buffed just barely passes mines w/o buffs, meaning he takes fair bit of damage from bosses. All in all, ribbon runs really are the easy way to make lot of coins in short period of time for people with lesser gear. And no, no need for doorhacks, just jump on mob inside the entrance room for steel. only thing one has to "worry" is mob count.

I dont understand the whole "You dont need 5aps", you can certainly live w/o it but honestly its stupid to restrict your dps by not going 5 aps if you arent r9 build/sage. Same weapon, 5 aps dps is major jump in dps compared to 4 aps, simple as that.

I got zeal pull, AD, holypath, EP, mire & badge on my PvE genie, which has pretty high dex. Badge works on FC bubbles, emperors bubble, steel & beast like to stun too and at times you really want to get out of their stuns. Even when AD empties genie, its good defensive skill in pretty much every defensive scenario. TP wont immune you from purge, wont save you from steel when he spams his debuffs on your with aps on and your chi skills on cd. TP only works for high end toons with tons of hp and even still I wouldnt waste room for it on my genie.
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Ribbon runs take maybe 5 minutes and beast is easy till he purges you - I rather live under assumption they arent that used to killing beast to do it reliably. Also, they got 7,2k hp buffed, which is distinctly less than your 9,2k. Not to forget his p.def fully buffed just barely passes mines w/o buffs, meaning he takes fair bit of damage from bosses. All in all, ribbon runs really are the easy way to make lot of coins in short period of time for people with lesser gear. And no, no need for doorhacks, just jump on mob inside the entrance room for steel. only thing one has to "worry" is mob count.

I dont understand the whole "You dont need 5aps", you can certainly live w/o it but honestly its stupid to restrict your dps by not going 5 aps if you arent r9 build/sage. Same weapon, 5 aps dps is major jump in dps compared to 4 aps, simple as that.

I got zeal pull, AD, holypath, EP, mire & badge on my PvE genie, which has pretty high dex. Badge works on FC bubbles, emperors bubble, steel & beast like to stun too and at times you really want to get out of their stuns. Even when AD empties genie, its good defensive skill in pretty much every defensive scenario. TP wont immune you from purge, wont save you from steel when he spams his debuffs on your with aps on and your chi skills on cd. TP only works for high end toons with tons of hp and even still I wouldnt waste room for it on my genie.

How many new sins do you seen running around with fresh G13 dags? It should be self explanatory. Don't gimp your damage just for "5 aps". Did I really just have to explain that? Also the piont is armor refines>an int tome. Who said anything about restrictiing your dps? If anything using crapthorns is restricting it.

As for pdef, I dont have much pdef. +7 on neck and +5 on belt, 112 pdef engraving on rank ring. But for ToP, I have a r9rr set which gives me 16k hp buffed (19.8k when ToP is active on vit/mag genie). Which is why I find it more useful. That being said, I don't get purged by the boss much, and if he has low HP, blood frenzy lets me ride it out.

Sad part is ribbons dont sell well on my server. I normally end up using them on my wifes toons for TT90 gold helm/cape and weapons.
  • koann
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I put my boots +5 with exactly 5 mirages !!!! This gave me strength to continue and i got bracers pants and belt +5 too with less than 4m in total, now i only miss robe and helm +5, now my aps is 2.00 base 2.86 sparked and i just feel fc 100x easier, cant wait to wear my g16 dagger...but now im so broke too that i cant buy pots to solo my own big rooms b:chuckle
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I put my boots +5 with exactly 5 mirages !!!! This gave me strength to continue and i got bracers pants and belt +5 too with less than 4m in total, now i only miss robe and helm +5, now my aps is 2.00 base 2.86 sparked and i just feel fc 100x easier, cant wait to wear my g16 dagger...but now im so broke too that i cant buy pots to solo my own big rooms b:chuckle

Dont solo bigrooms !!!!!

What i did when i was level 100 was to hyper the best part of the FC run itself and sell the room creating a double win situation. Depending on how many runs you do in a day and how much you are willing to spend on hypers, you can either start hypering at the bisshop boss all the way to the end for 1 10 minute session including 4 bosses, or you can activate on bosses only for 10 5 second sessions in 3 runs. After level 100, these 4 bosses give you as much or more exp as the mobs and heads in the room.
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    Options
    How many new sins do you seen running around with fresh G13 dags? It should be self explanatory. Don't gimp your damage just for "5 aps". Did I really just have to explain that? Also the piont is armor refines>an int tome. Who said anything about restrictiing your dps? If anything using crapthorns is restricting it.

As for pdef, I dont have much pdef. +7 on neck and +5 on belt, 112 pdef engraving on rank ring. But for ToP, I have a r9rr set which gives me 16k hp buffed (19.8k when ToP is active on vit/mag genie). Which is why I find it more useful. That being said, I don't get purged by the boss much, and if he has low HP, blood frenzy lets me ride it out.

Sad part is ribbons dont sell well on my server. I normally end up using them on my wifes toons for TT90 gold helm/cape and weapons.

I never liked barrier thorns but in situation where you dont have -int tome they are actually pretty decent. Not for anything but dps and there are far better options for it but if you cant afford tome, you cant really afford much anything. Still, how did we get into convo bout BTs when build in question had N3 dags with interval?

I have 15,2k hp buffed in aps set on my sin, so what? I still wont find any use for ToP, it really is pretty much useless skill in TT. I can see myself ADing beast purge when I cant manage to spark in time to resist it. Steel when he stacks debuffs on me while in aps mode and I need few seconds to do something to purify/charm to tick, ToP wont really help when I been hit for 7k+ in such situation in past. Speaking of steel, aps shout +stun, AD allows you to live while ToP would only burn your charm more. Only thing where ToP might be decent is emperor bubble but I been skipping him this 2x, sighs worth 2mish atm on archo, not worth the time/charm burn.

Ribbons still sell decently on arch, we lack lunar market outside of few people who really want unbound N3 gear like me in case things like crown of madness are actually released into game, ludicrous odds on 2 packs really doesnt count. All in all, 99% of N3 capes and helms are made of TT90, meaning we got decent demand for ribbons.
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I never liked barrier thorns but in situation where you dont have -int tome they are actually pretty decent. Not for anything but dps and there are far better options for it but if you cant afford tome, you cant really afford much anything. Still, how did we get into convo bout BTs when build in question had N3 dags with interval?

I have 15,2k hp buffed in aps set on my sin, so what? I still wont find any use for ToP, it really is pretty much useless skill in TT. I can see myself ADing beast purge when I cant manage to spark in time to resist it. Steel when he stacks debuffs on me while in aps mode and I need few seconds to do something to purify/charm to tick, ToP wont really help when I been hit for 7k+ in such situation in past. Speaking of steel, aps shout +stun, AD allows you to live while ToP would only burn your charm more. Only thing where ToP might be decent is emperor bubble but I been skipping him this 2x, sighs worth 2mish atm on archo, not worth the time/charm burn.

Ribbons still sell decently on arch, we lack lunar market outside of few people who really want unbound N3 gear like me in case things like crown of madness are actually released into game, ludicrous odds on 2 packs really doesnt count. All in all, 99% of N3 capes and helms are made of TT90, meaning we got decent demand for ribbons.

Aye it's the opposite on my server. The lunar market for Nemens gold has a steady price of 3m that never decreases because not many farm it. AS for NS, most prefer lunar and lunar is becomoing cheaper than TT or almost the same as TT on my server. As for charm burn, I dont care much about that; ToP gives me constant HP regen from DoT's. If I get into a purge situation I am more likely to use a sutra orb or pangu ess.
  • koann
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Ding nv 100!! b:victory b:victory b:victory
    I just did a 3-1 and i had a bad time with the dark dog o.o died alot even with squads, but i only have 4.8k hp not buffed :/ im pure dex gotta +5 my helm and wear it.
    I still miss a 200k plate and i have only 7k rep long way yet...i have 200 tokens on my bank wandering if i should sell then and buy rep(thats like 15m) or save because i want a reforged r9rr rin or a emperor ;o
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I advise you think about smaller steps first. I know those r9 rings and emperor tomes look massively attractive. If however you look at what it provides you per million coins they cost, there are much better options. Those kind of things are worth investing in after you got all your stuff +10 or better. Everything engraved properly. Sharded with vit stones etc. Some simple comparisons: (very rough numbers, but the margins are so big that rough numbers should do)

vit stone costs 40m on my server. Thats 4m per stat point.
    A +10 refine costs about 40m when they are on a real sale and gives you, very rough number, 10-15 stat points worth of vit. So thats less than 3-4m per stat point.
    Emperor costs 1500m or so ? for a total value of maybe 150 stat points or so. that makes 10m per stat point.

r9.3 ring gives 100 more dmg bonus than a cheap ring and some other less important bonusses. Costs several 100m.
    Helm engraving makes 100 dmg bonus for 50m or so effectively.

The TT 3-1 dog is an A-hole. Thats why many people just go for steelations ribbons. With all of the tougher bosses (steelation, GBA, Emperor) it is important that you learn the spells they cast that matter. 3-1 steelation is simple because he only does 1 thing and all you need to do is walk away from him which has no cooldown :D
    GBA (the dog) does many things but the 2 things that matter are purge and amplify damage. You must spark resist the purge. The amp is less threathening since you can spark purify it a little later. If you dont have sparks when he announces he is going to purge, you need to use AD or sutra orb or something like that. If he does it so often that everthing is on cooldown, you die. But ye, you are probably a bit undergeared for him.
  • koann
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I advise you think about smaller steps first. I know those r9 rings and emperor tomes look massively attractive. If however you look at what it provides you per million coins they cost, there are much better options. Those kind of things are worth investing in after you got all your stuff +10 or better. Everything engraved properly. Sharded with vit stones etc. Some simple comparisons: (very rough numbers, but the margins are so big that rough numbers should do)

vit stone costs 40m on my server. Thats 4m per stat point.
    A +10 refine costs about 40m when they are on a real sale and gives you, very rough number, 10-15 stat points worth of vit. So thats less than 3-4m per stat point.
    Emperor costs 1500m or so ? for a total value of maybe 150 stat points or so. that makes 10m per stat point.

r9.3 ring gives 100 more dmg bonus than a cheap ring and some other less important bonusses. Costs several 100m.
    Helm engraving makes 100 dmg bonus for 50m or so effectively.

The TT 3-1 dog is an A-hole. Thats why many people just go for steelations ribbons. With all of the tougher bosses (steelation, GBA, Emperor) it is important that you learn the spells they cast that matter. 3-1 steelation is simple because he only does 1 thing and all you need to do is walk away from him which has no cooldown :D
    GBA (the dog) does many things but the 2 things that matter are purge and amplify damage. You must spark resist the purge. The amp is less threathening since you can spark purify it a little later. If you dont have sparks when he announces he is going to purge, you need to use AD or sutra orb or something like that. If he does it so often that everthing is on cooldown, you die. But ye, you are probably a bit undergeared for him.

The point of get a r9rr reforged ring is not the stats of ring, its the ability to refine for pdef and magdef that can make all the difference xD but if i ever do that's things i will farm with nw b:laugh like for my cleric i want the same ring + 2nd cast on a warsoul wand and he is 787/1580 for that...and thats why i barely do nw because i dont really like to stay in home in my friday nights xD
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    If you dont have sparks when he announces he is going to purge, you need to use AD or sutra orb or something like that.

What does he say, tbh I never paid much attention to that when fighting him. Probably why I died so much when fighting him. He is easy aside that

b:chuckle

Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I dont remember :D havent fought him in ages. :p

Just go for a test fight and when you get purged, see in the text window what was the last thing he said :)
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I dont remember :D havent fought him in ages. :p

Just go for a test fight and when you get purged, see in the text window what was the last thing he said :)

good idea :p, i will do that next time i go there
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
    edited December 2013
    Options
    The point of get a r9rr reforged ring is not the stats of ring, its the ability to refine for pdef and magdef that can make all the difference xD but if i ever do that's things i will farm with nw b:laugh like for my cleric i want the same ring + 2nd cast on a warsoul wand and he is 787/1580 for that...and thats why i barely do nw because i dont really like to stay in home in my friday nights xD

It's still a big freaking waste of coin for a farming sin. Get 2x band from heavens jail+10 or 2x g13 lunar rings+10 and have a nice day.