Lumi Vs Shroud

Options
XX_Terisa_Xx - Raging Tide
XX_Terisa_Xx - Raging Tide Posts: 27 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Venomancer
Ok, so I have a 101 HA veno with no legendary pets. I was wondering if I should work on my Lumi for the Blazing Barrier and go all berserker on them melees, or go shroud and bump up my pet along with the anti stun.
I'm already pretty well off with Bramble Guard and Hood with high hp & Phy. Def, but adding Blazing Barrier to it just sounds so op to me.
Although I also like the concept of giving power to my pet and having resistance to stuns.

- I do Nw every week and grab the flag often. Both seem so useful to me. I'm curious to see what you all think I should do first. Ether way I wont be having both for a very long time f:defeat
Post edited by XX_Terisa_Xx - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    When Morai was first released I went to Shroud first because I thought getting a pet-related skill was awesome but I regretted that decision. After getting my hands on Blazing Barrier, I realised how much more useful it was.

With that said, I'll assume you're Sage since you're talking about the anti-stun part but even then I consider Blazing Barrier more useful overall.

One reason would be that Natural Synergy requires a pet and you may find yourself without a pet and thus unable to use the skill. Seeing as you lack legendary pets...I can't say the other pets are particularly tanky so I'm worried you won't manage to use Natural Synergy in PvP as much as you, perhaps, intend.

Blazing Barrier on the other hand has three uses:
    -low chi cost effective damage reflection
    -low chi cost decent damage reduction
    -low chi cost effective ranged physical damage reflection

In addition to this, you're looking at a 60 second cooldown (Blazing Barrier) vs. 120 second cooldown. You can use Blazing Barrier more often.
    You can throw it in when the threat level is "relatively" high and want to save your 2 sparks for something else instead of Bramble Hood or you can chain both 15 second of Hood followed by 15 second of Barrier etc. I personally use it often just for the damage reduction because it has a low chi costs and it's quite effective. Allows me to take more hints while I save a chunk of chi for other stuff whereas I might have needed Hood or IG etc.

Anti-stun is useful of course but I see Natural Synergy more like something you'll use to set up a combo (either defensive one or a combo intended to go in for the kill) whereas I throw Blazing Barrier at any given time.

This is, of course, just my 2 cents.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Get blazing first, most definitely! It reflects archers' ranged attacks and any ranged physical attack as well, which is awesome, but the sexy damage reduction is sooo delicious as well, you'll find yourself spaming it. Not to mention it stacks with bramble and hood, which makes it yummy for melees to kill themselves.
    Synergy is good, but pets die in pvp in 2-3 hits tops, so you might find yourself unable to use it, as Desdi said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I went for bewitch first i thought it was awesome to turn people into a puffbird lol.

But yes blazing barrier is so sexy and i love watching sins and bms die to it b:chuckle
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Bewitch and Blazing Barrier are both cool and a must in PvP but since the OP didn't mention anything about Corona I skipped that part.

If I were to choose between Bewitch and Blazing Barrier though...I honestly don't know which one I'd get first because they are both so damn useful. I got Bewitch last because I wasn't doing much PvP at the time so I didn't think it was a priority (and didn't know how exactly it works).
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    When Morai was first released I went to Shroud first because I thought getting a pet-related skill was awesome but I regretted that decision. After getting my hands on Blazing Barrier, I realised how much more useful it was.

With that said, I'll assume you're Sage since you're talking about the anti-stun part but even then I consider Blazing Barrier more useful overall.

One reason would be that Natural Synergy requires a pet and you may find yourself without a pet and thus unable to use the skill. Seeing as you lack legendary pets...I can't say the other pets are particularly tanky so I'm worried you won't manage to use Natural Synergy in PvP as much as you, perhaps, intend.

Blazing Barrier on the other hand has three uses:
    -low chi cost effective damage reflection
    -low chi cost decent damage reduction
    -low chi cost effective ranged physical damage reflection

In addition to this, you're looking at a 60 second cooldown (Blazing Barrier) vs. 120 second cooldown. You can use Blazing Barrier more often.
    You can throw it in when the threat level is "relatively" high and want to save your 2 sparks for something else instead of Bramble Hood or you can chain both 15 second of Hood followed by 15 second of Barrier etc. I personally use it often just for the damage reduction because it has a low chi costs and it's quite effective. Allows me to take more hints while I save a chunk of chi for other stuff whereas I might have needed Hood or IG etc.

Anti-stun is useful of course but I see Natural Synergy more like something you'll use to set up a combo (either defensive one or a combo intended to go in for the kill) whereas I throw Blazing Barrier at any given time.

This is, of course, just my 2 cents.

this is well information, and yeah i agree with desdi here. i choose blazing barrier first then bewitch. love both of the skill in pvp :)
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    It doesn't really matter what to choose first since you can get prestige for skill in few weeks. I also went to shroud first, but after I learnt Natural synergy I found out that it's not Faith-like how description says, but just an antistun, besides you need to summon pet to use it. So it's not that useful as it seems. But still must have eventually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Yeah, I remember the description being though it's corrected now.
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I use Naturel Synergy in PVE more then pvp that's for sure. i did use it once in NW tonight lol
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • gurham
    gurham Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    If you don't have luminance level 100 chrono skill go shroud first because you need 7000 prestige to get it.

So that you can get the 3500 prestige shroud skill than go luminance to get the 3500 prestige skill than the 7000 one