Why are barbs so weak?

Smiliess - Heavens Tear
Smiliess - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Barbarian
Isnt the idea of a barb to be main tank in pwi?
Means u got to survive long..correct? yes.
How come in Nation wars i get hit (no mather wich class) like 15k a hit sometimes even 30k
i have full stage 3 set, full mdef gems. 100% sage buffs/skills
Alsono mather wich class i attack, i cant kill them, because i have to be so close to hit them.

i think nation wars (PK)is more def lvl vs att lvl isnt it?
If yes...why doesnt barbs get extra 50 def lvl buff. or able to buff ourselfs in any form.
Barbs weak? yes.
Post edited by Smiliess - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Conalll - Archosaur
    Conalll - Archosaur Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Without seeing your full gear and build, I can't fully advise. I will say this.
    Barbs are weak against magic.
    This is a fact.
    High end casters will hit with the numbers you've mentioned even against people of their own class and matching gear.
    This is a fact.
    Barbs, unless fully decked out in the absolute best gear to be had, will have a hard time killing people.
    This is a fact.

Our job is to stay alive as best we can. Oddly enough, I find NW is more brutal than TW. Why I do not know, but I take more damage in NW than I ever did in the worst of TW's (and I've been through some brutal TW's in my time). All you can do is improve your gear as best you can, get as much HP as you can, get magic defense charms, and surrender to the incredible pain you will be facing.

Sorry I'm not more helpful.
    "Impatience walks with disaster." My own phrase.

"Let the winds of winter come. I fear not famine, nor blizzard, nor an army of predators. For I am wolf. My power is matched by the many that stand beside me. Come what may. I have faced it before, and it has yet to touch me." *The Alpha's Warning*
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hmm, i usually get 10k hits from strong casters in my G16 with citrine gems. 20k crits happen i guess.

Are you by any chance using mdef gems but wearing pdef ornaments ?
    Or maybe exaggerating a bit ?

Other than that i blame this phenomenon in NW:

even though maybe only 5%-10% of the players in NW is OP as in full r9+10 or better and +12 weapon and at least vit stones, these players dont die much. They are in battle almost 100% of the time. During this time they target-kill, target-kill etc. So they kill 100s of people per hour. The weaklings like us on the other hands spend 2/3s of our time recovering from death and when we do fight, we are running half the time and trying to survive rather than killing and scaring people. Because of this, the small group of OP people totally make the battle field and make us feel like everyone is one-shotting us.

End game equiped barbs do not seem so weak.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Berthabusti - Heavens Tear
    Berthabusti - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Weak?

I know a barb that can TANK without a charm ON JUST POTS in NW. c:
  • JinxRake - Momaganon
    JinxRake - Momaganon Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Me, a seeker and a BM had fought a barb last night for full on to 5 minutes before finally killing the R9.3 beast, and that ONLY after I had managed to purge him.
    So no...end game gear barbs are NOT weak, not by a long shot.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    As said above, you should tell us which ornaments you use (and the refines)
    But you should also tell us more about who he's hitting you wih 15k. If this i from huge DD in end-game gear (full R9.3 with +12 weapon, NW reforged items, ...) then this sounds fair...
    Don't forget that end game geared barbs can reach 50k HP and you have your turtle thing
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yes, barbs are weak. i fully support a 50 def lvl buff b:cute
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Barbs are not weak, Gear is OP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2013
    I always LOL at the APS barbs that I can take down in 2-3 shots on my cleric.

Most barbs are weak simply because they've forgotten how to play their class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kymraja - Raging Tide
    Kymraja - Raging Tide Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I agree, and give venos a "+100 attack levels" buff b:victory
    oh oh oh, and an armor for petsb:dirty

...lol

post count +1
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Me, a seeker and a BM had fought a barb last night for full on to 5 minutes before finally killing the R9.3 beast, and that ONLY after I had managed to purge him.

was that goumelle? b:dirty
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Sien - Heavens Tear
    Sien - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Pet armor ftw.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's mostly the gear in this case, not the class itself.
    Based on your post, you seem to have 3rd cast Nirvana but I don't know the kind of refines, shards and ornaments you have.
    Overall though, it's not really a surprise R9r3 +10/12 casters hit like trucks on you, and possibly some other classes that may use an effective combo. You didn't specify debuffs or particular situations either.

Barbarians are strong, don't underestimate them. Maxed endgame Barbarians won't die easily (unless heavily ganked of course).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Korpinsulka - Raging Tide
    Korpinsulka - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Barbs weak? What? Lol?

Against r9rr casters I'm in trouble but assuming the fight has T3 geared players or lower, I can tank (depending on classes) 8-20 people at once without issues and usually also kill them before they get me down.

The trick is to time your defensive skills (Cornered beast, invoke, bestial rage, genie, apoth) when enemy is going to hit a nuke, debuff you badly or triple spark.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Barbs... weak?

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

This is purely gear and/or skill. Endgame barbs are tough as nails to bring down... but endgame casters hit like a train on steroids that took crack if you aren't endgame too.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    There is however 1 thing you can do even if youre not end gear:

Just keep running from everything until you find a flying caster. Berserkers Wrath sometimes even feels a little OP to me ;)
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Barbs to be effective are kind of gear reliant (outside of invoke and solid shield, OR playing a support role like debuff + raging slap + chi burn)

They have their strengths and weaknesses. They aren't the best killers in the world as the barb pvp ranking page can testify.

With nation war buff + full buffs im sitting on 53k hp 20k+ mdef and 40k pdef, and 130 defense levels (w/ 8.5 wep) I imagine these stats are a bit better than yours, and keep in mind a marginal increase in stats can really make a difference in life and death, in buying time for your charm to tick etc.

All things being equal don't expect a barb with +5 refine g7 citrines to tank a caster with +10 or +12 wep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well in that case, so glad Barbs are getting an amp for PvP now.b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary
    OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That guy said it right, barbs are not weak the gear is OP.

If you give barb 50 def level buff what that will mean is that end game r999+12 JOSD barbs would be really hard to kill in PvP, true it will help non +12 JOSD barbs against casters with better gear than them but will make +12 JOSD barb unbalanced.

The balance in this game rests on a thin line if you make a change it might help one set of people but make the other set unbalanced.

PvP is just totally unbalanced by gears and class advantages but barbs are not weak they got pretty good defensive skills however the gear difference is just too big. A +12 wep caster will hit a +5 non r999 barb in 1 shot that is just how it is.
  • thatguy123456
    thatguy123456 Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2013

There aren't many of these beasts around, most of us who have barbs don't pour billions of coins into every single one of our toons.

I feel the pain though because my fully decked out G16 barb gets sliced and diced by R9 squads....
  • Flash_man - Lost City
    Flash_man - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    from end game perspective, full str barb = squishy af, full vit barb = weak af, hybrid = kinda balanced. even end game others can tank better then barbs, especially if it's a arcane class with purify >_>
  • OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary
    OoArCsTeRoO - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Lol if you and the BM were both r999+12 weapons then it was you guys lack of coordination/skills if you guys are not then why are you giving this example when it is to do we gear difference?

I have a seeker friend who loves damage testing on me, and he has done maximum of 128k damage on me in our damage tests, he is +12 r999 full JOSD, I am r999+11 vit stones vit built with about 10.7k mdef unbuffed.
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    from end game perspective, full str barb = squishy af, full vit barb = weak af, hybrid = kinda balanced. even end game others can tank better then barbs, especially if it's a arcane class with purify >_>

Dem cata wiz so hard to kill. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How come in Nation wars i get hit (no mather wich class) like 15k a hit sometimes even 30k
    Alsono mather wich class i attack, i cant kill them, because i have to be so close to hit them.

If yes...why doesnt barbs get extra 50 def lvl buff. or able to buff ourselfs in any form.
    Barbs weak? yes.

Barb are not weak...

i could say venos r weak, im full g16 and most ppl can do 20k on me
    so give venos 100 def lvl ;D

lmao
  • Smiliess - Heavens Tear
    Smiliess - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i have full r9s3 all+10 wep+12, i have 45k hp all mdef gems and mdef ornaments (even my rings) and i am not aps build.
    stil get hit for 15k+ and i dont mean just psy/clerics/wizzards or veno's, i even mean bm/sins/seekers(blurr and i die)

I have a family to suport, i cant spend 10.000$ to get end game. ( i thought i already was with my gear)

Invoke need 2 sparks wich u dont have when u die. and debuff skills is pointles, because u die by then.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    I cannot speak for myself, but appearently this guy on my sever owns everyone with his

R9+10ish - vit stoned APS barb.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i have full r9s3 all+10 wep+12, i have 45k hp all mdef gems and mdef ornaments (even my rings) and i am not aps build.
    stil get hit for 15k+ and i dont mean just psy/clerics/wizzards or veno's, i even mean bm/sins/seekers(blurr and i die)

I have a family to suport, i cant spend 10.000$ to get end game. ( i thought i already was with my gear)

Invoke need 2 sparks wich u dont have when u die. and debuff skills is pointles, because u die by then.

Maybe its the difference in servers or something else thats intanigible... but seriously I have NEVER been hit for 15kish by a bm/sin/or even other barbs while I was on my barb in this crappy gear. Granted My defense has went up some since then, but still... they are far from weak imho.

As for invoke needing 2 sparks to pull off I actually find it easyish to keep going when I need too... we doa after all get 1 and a half spark back when we respawn in nw. (Demon barbs hp buff gives enough chi to pull it off with the chi return, and then sage barbs have the master li technique, all of that with the skill beastial rage, I for one find it easy to keep up invoke if its really needed. Oh and don't forget about solid shield on genies, frighten, etc. There is PLENTY of ways to get enough chi to invoke.

As for the def/atk lvls of everyone in pk these days... sadly the only way to combat that is get more def/atk lvls. Still it is imho one of the easier melee classes to enjoy in nw/mass pvp... especially if you are in a group/are getting heals/using genie/apo.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I cannot speak for myself, but appearently this guy on my sever owns everyone with his

R9+10ish - vit stoned APS barb.

headsslicer gg b:laugh
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Barbs weak? yes.
    every single shard is mdef? :0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    One thing going for barbs is that they handle purges better than any other class. Most classes get absolutely graped after a purge, barbs still have high hp + high pdef and ofc turtle which cannot be purged. They also have a lot of really annoying support skills and if unharassed/not a total derp.. can purge more than a veno.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    One thing going for barbs is that they handle purges better than any other class. Most classes get absolutely graped after a purge, barbs still have high hp + high pdef and ofc turtle which cannot be purged. They also have a lot of really annoying support skills and if unharassed/not a total derp.. can purge more than a veno.

how can we purge more than a veno ?
    Cleansweep: 20% chance, 30 sec cooldown.....

Dont know much about venos, but i thought they could do better than that