"Edit your Avatar" does not allow editing -pls help

Sydewinder - Dreamweaver
Sydewinder - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Support Desk
When I click the Edit Avatar link, it shows current avatar, but only allows removing/restoring to default avatar/totem picture.
Is there a way to upload/link a different one, or should the link direct me to my Character Showcase screen?
Please give advice/info on this issue & hopefully what will be done to improve/clarify the functionality of the website. And as always, thank you for your time.◙

Ok. Now the link's page has changed to allow choosing between class avatars, but now the option for Remove Avatar is not there, and there is no avatar for veno, just the default (no class/race pic), as it is with a few other classes. Perhaps all i can do is re-select it from available generic ones, not edit/customize it as I was lead to believe. :S
What demon fights for good, drinks with elves, & feasts with crows?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
b:shocked~ If Life is but a dream, What happens if I wake you?? ~b:shocked
Post edited by Sydewinder - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    The label is misleading.

You cannot so much "edit" your avatar as choose the avatar/character you'd like to post with. Only administrators can grant users a non-default (aka stoneface or class/level) avatar. Mods, such as myself, also tend to get our own custom avatars as a nice little perk for volunteering to moderate the forums. However, this was not always the case.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Sydewinder - Dreamweaver
    Sydewinder - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    The label is misleading.

You cannot so much "edit" your avatar as choose the avatar/character you'd like to post with. Only administrators can grant users a non-default (aka stoneface or class/level) avatar. Mods, such as myself, also tend to get our own custom avatars as a nice little perk for volunteering to moderate the forums. However, this was not always the case.

Thank you very much for your reply OPKossy. Especially for being the 1st one. :)

So if I want to use my own, it won't happen, or should I send in a request ticket with the link/pic I want to use?
    What demon fights for good, drinks with elves, & feasts with crows?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:shocked~ If Life is but a dream, What happens if I wake you?? ~b:shocked
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    It won't happen.

I might be misremembering, but I think the idea for people to ask for custom avatars came up and was discussed a bit in the title thread while Val was doing those, but it either was dismissed or didn't go very far.
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    It won't happen.

I might be misremembering, but I think the idea for people to ask for custom avatars came up and was discussed a bit in the title thread while Val was doing those, but it either was dismissed or didn't go very far.

What about people who don't have avatar at allb:angry
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    What about people who don't have avatar at allb:angry

Same as always: PM the CM asking about it and they'll likely fix it for you when they get a chance.

Granted, both synchronize and DoD are temporary CMs who have to deal with PWE's other games, so it'll likely take them longer to both see your PM and have the time to fix it for you than it would if we had a single dedicated CM.