veno reflect?

killeresras
killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Arigora Colosseum
Ok so I'm just wondering why can't venos use bramble and bramble hoods reflect capabilities in pk. I've always wondered about this.
Why can venos use hood and bramble reflect in nw,tw, and pve, but not pk? Hood is tough but it cost 2 sparks and last 15sec.
Anyone think they have the answer to this?
Love lost is room gained
b:cute
Post edited by killeresras on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Back in the day, it was considered "too strong" for open world PK... and that would have been accurate since it can be cast on anyone and practically all the damage it did was based on the attacker. Combine that with the level of gear we had at the time and it was even easier then to kill yourself on bramble than it is now.

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that it did (and still does) work everywhere but in open map PK so... who knows? I suppose nowadays between hood and blazing barrier it's just overkill and would make HA even more immune to melee damage but that's just a random guess without thinking too much about it. b:surrender
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • killeresras
    killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Back in the day, it was considered "too strong" for open world PK... and that would have been accurate since it can be cast on anyone and practically all the damage it did was based on the attacker. Combine that with the level of gear we had at the time and it was even easier then to kill yourself on bramble than it is now.

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that it did (and still does) work everywhere but in open map PK so... who knows? I suppose nowadays between hood and blazing barrier it's just overkill and would make HA even more immune to melee damage but that's just a random guess without thinking too much about it. b:surrender

But hood isn't that OP it's like avoiding someone with IG for a little bit or running from bm tornado for a bit etc.
    Love lost is room gained
    b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »

This is pretty much it.
    Venomancers here brought up this topic several times and you can find it by doing a quick search. It was also requested a lot of times to be turned back on in the open world PK. I suspect that similar complaints/requests may have been in PWCN where we get our content from.

I'm fairly sure their answer to those complaints was Blazing Barrier which is the only reflective skill that reflects everywhere including open world PK and reflects both melee and ranged physical damage. It has a rather short cooldown, low chi requirement thus making it relatively spam-able.

Blazing Barrier to me was honestly a good deal, rather have this than enable Bramble Guard in open world PK again. I'd assume most venomancers feel the same way as I haven't seen any Bramble Guard-PK-related complaint/discussion and such in a very long time.

To make it even better, our last major expansion update changed our reflect skills so that they all stack together. You can literally stack Bramble Guard, Bramble Hood and Blazing Barrier together. Of course, in open world PK Blazing Barrier will be the only one to reflect damage back. You are, however, looking at a 75%+30% damage reduction and in places like TW/NW you're looking at some insane damage reflected back (just put all the numbers together) which is honestly quite an overkill (though it's also true that it does eat a big chunk of your chi as well).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • HESOKA - Raging Tide
    HESOKA - Raging Tide Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lmfao, the real question is, WHY the HELL is bramble working to its extent in Nation War, tourney, and TW? This is kind of ironic, the skill itself is not suppose to work the way it does in TW and nation war, its 60% reflect in physical damage, a skill intended for use against mobs, it sickens me that people have taken its over powered effect for granted that they would actually request it to be buged in open PK too. you sicken me sir! how would you like it if you were to be reflected 60% of your magical damage? huh! you sir need to shut the f**k up!
    Am Awesome b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lmfao, the real question is, WHY the HELL is bramble working to its extent in Nation War, tourney, and TW? This is kind of ironic, the skill itself is not suppose to work the way it does in TW and nation war, its 60% reflect in physical damage, a skill intended for use against mobs, it sickens me that people have taken its over powered effect for granted that they would actually request it to be buged in open PK too. you sicken me sir! how would you like it if you were to be reflected 60% of your magical damage? huh! you sir need to shut the f**k up!

Or in other words: "QQ i'm a terrible sin that kills himself on bramble."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Tindie - Harshlands
    Tindie - Harshlands Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Personly i agree that bramble should be fixed so that it works out on all the world maps.

and if you want to get into overpowerd that need to be nerfed we could start with sin as they have alot of over poweredand game breaking ability's.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I was enabled in open world PK but it was turned off after the complaints of people and was left off ever since.

Also, QQ I don't know how to kill a Venomancer with bramble? QQ I can't APS a Venomancer with Bramble? Skill damage reflected is only 25%
    It only really sucks on HA targets so I suggested making it caster-only in the past but meh.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★