Drop only tideborn skills

Options
foxxel1980
foxxel1980 Posts: 30 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
Hi guys, with the new update looming, i noticed many (2/4) of the combo skills will be requiring "drop only" books from bh 99 (Abbadon or Seat of torment)

However, this will only be the case for tideborn, as sins have 3 books (Twin strike, puncture wound, shadow walk) and psys have atleast 2 (aqua impact, spirit blast, maybe more i dont have a psy)

Now this would be fine usually, apart from they are almost mythical in rarity.

Judging by the numbers in the database, there is a ~0.6% chance of getting a specific book if a book drops.
the Chance of an additional drop is apparently 10%, personally ive done in excess of 130 runs of abba/SoT for a total of 1 book..

Even using 10% chance this would mean there is a 0.06% chance of getting the desired book. And this is unaffected by 2x. an average of 1500 runs to get a single book seems extreme. This is worse now that hellfire abomination and peach are no longer bhs, so very rarely killed.

No other class has this, their books are either manufacturable, or drop in bh 89, which hardly compares.

So ending my rant.

Is this fair on fishies?

could something be done about it?

p.s Ive heard rumours they will be appearing in the bidding hall for weeks. but ive yet to see a copy, and there are many many fishies who want this skill, so one copy once every 3 months isnt really a solution.
Post edited by foxxel1980 on

Comments

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It's fair, tideborn broke the game for so long they deserve some punishment.

And BMs have one skill that is 99 drop only, Vacuous Palm. Don't think any other class has the problem besides those 3.
  • foxxel1980
    edited November 2013
    Options
    well that's a rather weak counter.
    these days just about any class can pull or tank most instances with the appropriate gear.

But glazing over the fact its been something like 4 years since sins were introduced.
    Part of the problem with sins is the ease at which they APS. correct?

Your punishment for them APSing is to make skills harder to gather?

And my bad, didn't know about the BM skill.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Knowing PWI they might add those skills to the other ones you can get from random book thingy.
  • MrJohnDoe - Dreamweaver
    MrJohnDoe - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

And BMs have one skill that is 99 drop only, Vacuous Palm. Don't think any other class has the problem besides those 3.

That was how many years ago? you mean aps? you seem really out of the current classes reality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

If tideborn broke Pve, then EG broke PvP. I am more concerned about the latter.
  • foxxel1980
    edited December 2013
    Options
    id love to get some form of staffs opinion on this, but that would be rarer than the books
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    foxxel1980 wrote: »
    id love to get some form of staffs opinion on this, but that would be rarer than the books

another person looking for staff comment during holiday weekends b:bye
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • jjbrendan
    jjbrendan Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Maybe book drop rates should be increased for all classes. I have psychic and assassin too and would like to think I can get the sage skill books for them. In fact I have all characters except blade and seeker because of the limit of eight characters per account. Yes please more book drops.
  • foxxel1980
    edited December 2013
    Options
    more book drops would help but its hardly the fairest solution. why should those 6 fish skills be drop only while theres only 1 drop only skill between the other 4 races?
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    If tideborn broke Pve, then EG broke PvP. I am more concerned about the latter.

How did earthguards break pvp, exactly?