gj on the Black Friday sale.

Comments

• Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's a pretty good and reasonable sale IMO.

Normal 11 star would be 1155 1star and an ocean.
    With dragon fire pack a 1star is around .07 gold
    1155 * .07 + 25 = 105.85
    Selling that for 85 gold is 20% cheaper than normal sale price.

The 12star also comes out to about 20% cheaper.

The main problem though is that gold is like 35% more expensive now for some reason when sale is just 20% better than normal sale...

what's that 25? don't tell me it's 25m as per 10* orb...

1* orb here during the DFP sale is worth 80-85k (if you know how to buy lol)

so:
    1155*0,08+50m(impossible to get it for lower price)=142,4m

so now lets count: 85 gold... 142,4/85=~1 676 500 per gold

is it a good deal? answer to yourself
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's a pretty good and reasonable sale IMO.

Normal 11 star would be 1155 1star and an ocean.
    With dragon fire pack a 1star is around .07 gold
    1155 * .07 + 25 = 105.85
    Selling that for 85 gold is 20% cheaper than normal sale price.

The 12star also comes out to about 20% cheaper.

The main problem though is that gold is like 35% more expensive now for some reason when sale is just 20% better than normal sale...

idk if to laugh or to...well laugh. ast needs to practice on that trolling, ijs.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013

so:

is it a good deal? answer yourself

I'm gonna go on a wild guess and assume this is the variance in servers showing. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited November 2013

so:

is a good deal? answer yourself

That's with the normal sale price for ocean / dfire pack. It's a comparison to previous sales. It's not PWI's fault that speculators anticipated some stupidly good sale 2x as good as anything we had before and the actual sale was only 20% better than anything we had before.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2013
    That's with the normal sale price for ocean / dfire pack. It's a comparison to previous sales. It's not PWI's fault that speculators anticipated some stupidly good sale 2x as good as anything we had before and the actual sale was only 20% better than anything we had before.

DFP were never cheaper than 3,14 gold b:scorn and they still do sell it for 3,14... only 10* price has changed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Astrelle, i didnt look deep into your calculation and what assumptions you made.

Knowing you are probably the most sensible person on this whole forum i assume to calculate the gold value of 1* orbs (this 0.07 gold you speak of), you converted the total EV of dragon fire packs to 1* before using those to decide what the price of a 12* used to be.

Still, that doesnt paint the complete picture. The market value of dragon orbs fire is probably lower than what you calculate. I assume because many of dragon fire openers sold the 12* to other players for a price cheaper than what you would calculate.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2013

1* orb here during the DFP sale is worth 80-85k

so:

is a good deal? answer yourself

the 1155*0.07+25 meant how much gold, not coin, though tbh converting it to coin is probably better choice considering increase to gold prices. In which case the cost to make a 11* orb is ~(1155*.07*(cost of buying gold during sale)+50mil) which is an overestimation since .07 ignores the chance to pull a 12*, which is high enough to make a noticeable impact on the price.

so w/ LC gold prices in mind its about 2mil per gold during DF pack and 2.2+ during this sale so:

1155*0.07*2+50=211.7mil opposed to 2.2*85=187mil, of course this is also a terrble way to compare becuase no one sells orbs as high as 140k ea (.07*2mil) during pack sale, its closer to 120k ---> 1155*120+50 = 188.6mil. So not much cheaper but you save time from not buying every orb and manufacturing them.
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Knowing you are probably the most sensible person on this whole forum i assume to calculate the gold value of 1* orbs (this 0.07 gold you speak of), you converted the total EV of dragon fire packs to 1* before using those to decide what the price of a 12* used to be.

I should have explained that but .07 gold per orb is the average with dfire pack sale without getting any 12 star orbs. I think that sale is like 3.5 gold for 20 dfire packs? I've opened thousands of dfire packs without getting any 12 stars and always come out to averaging .068-.072 per 1 star

If you include the 12stars in the dfire pack it actually comes out to like 0.058 per orb but I've never been that lucky.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I should have explained that but .07 gold per orb is the average with dfire pack sale without getting any 12 star orbs. I think that sale is like 3.5 gold for 20 dfire packs? I've opened thousands of dfire packs without getting any 12 stars and always come out to averaging .068-.072 per 1 star

If you include the 12stars in the dfire pack it actually comes out to like 0.058 per orb but I've never been that lucky.

Wow, that is a massively important difference though and totally erases those 20% you spoke of.
    And of course you may not have been so lucky, but it is EV and should be included :)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    Kijinka - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't really care if it's a 'good deal' down the the last coin or not. I purchased 9x 11* orbs and 2x 12* orbs this sale. The time alone saved from having to combine these and waiting for a 25g 10* sale is saving enough.

Great sale, love it.
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2013
    I don't really care if it's a 'good deal' down the the last coin or not. I purchased 9x 11* orbs and 2x 12* orbs this sale. The time alone saved from having to combine these and waiting for a 25g 10* sale is saving enough.

Great sale, love it.

u didnt dc? ur client didnt crash? server still up? i've heard that sale always causes the client instability !! b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kijinka - Dreamweaver
    Kijinka - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    u didnt dc? ur client didnt crash? server still up? i've heard that sale always causes the client instability !! b:shocked

Haha my client didn't crash cause I have norton.
  • Soleehungwel - Harshlands
    Soleehungwel - Harshlands Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2013

When they removed for instability many years ago I thought was such bs .with there proven track record of fixing things bring the instable sale back will do what crash all severs at once or maybe we shall see the entire net crash lolz. Was a sale not thought through entirely and they quickly realized was entirely way too cheap so they came up with a story about the instability.

Could get 3, 11 star orbs for 100 gold or 2, 12 stars for 100 gold. Even with inflation this is about what prices probably should ben last tie but why would some one buy with expansion and new gears announced at this price I wouldn't understand but with look of gold prices and the fact there is non in the AH ( last just sold for 2.8 mil each) many are going too. If new gears refines transfer would be good move if doesn't don't even want know cost for chicken stones.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I take they managed to fix the client instability now. /sarcasm
    Good job, I didn't think PWE can get so stupid.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Great Sale after a long time. But PWI Team you should be extended the sale to Sunday becoz many people are not aware of this sale & there are soo many who are mostly able to only on Saturday's & Sunday's due to busy work schedule etc... Think about it !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't think they fixed the issues with client inestability. I bought a +12 orb, and immediatly my clietn crashed, and now when I log Azura it crashes again. Someone help! b:cry

I'm kidding
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't think they fixed the issues with client inestability. I bought a +12 orb, and immediatly my clietn crashed, and now when I log Azura it crashes again. Someone help! b:cry

I'm kidding

That was a good one ! b:laughb:laughb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    __Sami__ - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    With current gold prices + normal archo prices, buying on this sale ends up costing more than market prices, gg. I got some gold earlier but I gotta do some maths if its worth to get anything from this sale, all in all I am disappointed at the price they threw the orbs in boutique.

Edit: Frack it, I got +11 & +12 orbs for bow when I get it and annoyed the **** out of me. There better be sale on monday, one that would motivate me to charge.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/104/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#135691 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    With current gold prices + normal archo prices, buying on this sale ends up costing more than market prices, gg. I got some gold earlier but I gotta do some maths if its worth to get anything from this sale, all in all I am disappointed at the price they threw the orbs in boutique.

o_O How much are orbs in archo? In Lost City 1-star orbs would need to cost 105k (normal buy price is like 120k) and ocean orbs cost 25 gold to match the price in boutique.
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's a marginal difference from regular +10/+1 sales prices, but still worth it imo if you got the gold when it was 1.7m on tuesday/wednesday. Too bad I didn't have enough gold saved to full +11 my cleric. :(

Now gold is freaking expensive and I'm not sure it's worth it anymore. Gotta do some math.
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    __Sami__ - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    o_O How much are orbs in archo? In Lost City 1-star orbs would need to cost 105k (normal buy price is like 120k) and ocean orbs cost 25 gold to match the price in boutique.

Uh, dont really follow +11 tbh, got my +12 orb for farming sins dags for 200m. They been going up ~50m during fall as gold been going up. The last d.fire pack sale I got +1 orbs for 80k, though there was the promotion. Well the few extras I needed after spamming my mailbox full of charms and event gold as those accounted orbs came out ~65k a pop I believe.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/104/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#135691 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • JlM - Lothranis
    JlM - Lothranis Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Didn't even get any free oceans even 2 hours after they put out the code and thought it ends sunday mann they ****ed us and they can go **** themselves u exspect people to cs 150 for flame and 85 for mirage when u didnt even compensate half of us because your stupid code was ****ed in the first place fix ur ****ing game before u try win us over
  • LordCiber - Archosaur
    LordCiber - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Uh, dont really follow +11 tbh, got my +12 orb for farming sins dags for 200m. They been going up ~50m during fall as gold been going up. The last d.fire pack sale I got +1 orbs for 80k, though there was the promotion. Well the few extras I needed after spamming my mailbox full of charms and event gold as those accounted orbs came out ~65k a pop I believe.

Orb ocean is 90-100m each in raging tide ....
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think I am just mad that marriage packs aren't on sale... b:cry

but we are both female :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's a marginal difference from regular +10/+1 sales prices, but still worth it imo if you got the gold when it was 1.7m on tuesday/wednesday. Too bad I didn't have enough gold saved to full +11 my cleric. :(

Now gold is freaking expensive and I'm not sure it's worth it anymore. Gotta do some math.

You know, gold prices on HL are so ****ed up atm that I'm actually selling my gold instead of buying items to sell...even with charge rewards. They're going for 2.7m easy.

Imagine if orbs were @ 50/85...3 mil gold easy. But at that price, I'd prolly buy the orbs myself.

Dragon's fire packs are def more efficient though imo...it's just a lot of variance since +12 adds 25-30k to the pack's cost but you need to open a ****ton to actually get one.

The best solution is to sell your gold now, then buy up +1 orbs from catshops during a dragon's fire sale and make your +11/12 for a bargain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You know, gold prices on HL are so ****ed up atm that I'm actually selling my gold instead of buying items to sell...even with charge rewards. They're going for 2.7m easy.

Imagine if orbs were @ 50/85...3 mil gold easy. But at that price, I'd prolly buy the orbs myself.

Dragon's fire packs are def more efficient though imo...it's just a lot of variance since +12 adds 25-30k to the pack's cost but you need to open a ****ton to actually get one.

The best solution is to sell your gold now, then buy up +1 orbs from catshops during a dragon's fire sale and make your +11/12 for a bargain.

why would i buy 1 star orbs from catshops (those, that obviously make profit on it) during a fire pack sale?

and @aster, it should be 0.61 silver per orb, unless i was drunk when i calculated^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2013

move to HT - "sell" gold price =1,8m and "buy"=1,75m
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    why would i buy 1 star orbs from catshops (those, that obviously make profit on it) during a fire pack sale?

and @aster, it should be 0.61 silver per orb, unless i was drunk when i calculated^^

The profit they make per orb during a sale is miniscule tbh. If you're patient enough to buy up 5000-6000+ orbs at fair buying price then it's better obv, but that takes quite awhile when you need the amount of orbs I'm talking about.

You could open D.'s fire packs if you're feeling lucky, but you end up paying more if you don't get a Mirage orb. It's all a matter of how much risk/time you prefer, I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, in any case, I guess we should expect these to be on sale again in the summer. :X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, in any case, I guess we should expect these to be on sale again in the summer. :X

And hopefully I'll have saved enough gold to +12 a couple things by then. b:victory