gj on the Black Friday sale.

Eoria - Harshlands
Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
85 gold for 11 star orb and 150 gold for 12 star orb.

I mean...really?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
I <3 Subtraction.
/blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
Post edited by Eoria - Harshlands on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hahahaha give everyone free +10 and then hope they will let themselves be ripped of overpaying for +11 and 12 :D
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    and suddenly i look at the entire code glitch in a different light.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • ladylayyyyy
    ladylayyyyy Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    and +10 still on 35 gold. Way to go PWI, I'm so proud...hope you rot in hell b:thanks
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    11 star orb
    12 star orb.

inb4 CLIENT INSTABILITY!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Its strange really. Converted to gold, that is just a tiny bit above the market price of those orbs. Therefore, many people will choose to not buy them from the CS.

If you'd priced them at say 50g and 100g, you wouldnt be able to handle the orders.

Seeing that we are talking about some bits and bytes here that dont cost you anything, i really dont understand such a marketing decision.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lol. Not sure if extremely desparate move or planned all along.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So basically they gave free +10 orbs...and now that everybody is +10 they can now CS for +11/+12! Wow the marketing department is brilliant!!
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So basically they gave free +10 orbs...and now that everybody is +10 they can now CS for +11/+12! Wow the marketing department is brilliant!!

*ghost slams on brakes*

So wait...you mean you dont have to get to +9 before you use the Ocean Orb?

*ghost is too newbie to know - never refined anything that high* b:surrender

OPKossy wrote: »

inb4 CLIENT INSTABILITY!

+1 b:chuckle
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ut-oh i didnt realize the sale was this great *breaks out credit card* xD

^ Sarcasm... I haven't ever broke out the cc for this game, and tbh this sale doesn't even come close to tempting me to do that.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    *ghost slams on brakes*

So wait...you mean you dont have to get to +9 before you use the Ocean Orb?

*ghost is too newbie to know - never refined anything that high* b:surrender

+1 b:chuckle

Uhh...idk if you're just trolling or not...but yes you can use +10 orbs from +1 if you wanted to.
  • HESOKA - Raging Tide
    HESOKA - Raging Tide Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Now now, common guys... they compensated for the code glitch and offer another Code! where you receive

5x Hyper XP Stones!

So comeon don't be hatin on GMs they are just really really good trolls.
    Am Awesome b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    Uhh...idk if you're just trolling or not...but yes you can use +10 orbs from +1 if you wanted to.

Im a R8 +5 last I checked. Its not a troll. I have no reason to be ashamed of it either. Why would I bother with a higher refine when Im not R9rr yet?

They didnt wait for me to get my R8 above +5 mostly before they released R9, so thats where Im at. I have a few select higher gears, but Im still on the quest to catch up!

No troll, sir - and thanks for being kind enough to answer my question. b:thanks
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    Im a R8 +5 last I checked. Its not a troll. I have no reason to be ashamed of it either. Why would I bother with a higher refine when Im not R9rr yet?

They didnt wait for me to get my R8 above +5 mostly before they released R9, so thats where Im at. I have a few select higher gears, but Im still on the quest to catch up!

No troll, sir - and thanks for being kind enough to answer my question. b:thanks

Nah I was just confused cuz you seem to know your shet on mystic forums so I thought you would know something this basic b:chuckle
    Now now, common guys... they compensated for the code glitch and offer another Code! where you receive

5x Hyper XP Stones!

So comeon don't be hatin on GMs they are just really really good trolls.

Yes. I totally prefer Hyper stones. 500k versus 150m b:victory

Good job PWI! Time to break out the credit card and refine all my gear to +11~12.....oh WAIT I didn't even get any orbs during the release of code. So too bad b:cuteb:bye
    edited November 2013
    Nah I was just confused cuz you seem to know your shet on mystic forums so I thought you would know something this basic b:chuckle

You flatter me, sir. *ghost blushes*

Ive been playing since right before R8 became the 'hate on' gear in the game, so I know some stuff, but most of it I dont know on my own. Other mystics, like Marista, Baby Pho, Alexis, Burnout, Bella, CpnK, and yourself, and tons others who share their knowledge from their own type of Mystics perspective that have provded me with what I know.

The only thing I can really think of that I found out for myself was noticing Healing Herb acting as a target plant in FC. xD

Tyvm. b:thanks *ghost sneaks out the back door* b:bye
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Nah I was just confused cuz you seem to know your shet on mystic forums

That's the most ridiculous thing I've read in quite a bit. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Achkp - Lost City
    Achkp - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    85 gold for 11 star orb and 150 gold for 12 star orb.

I mean...really?

How do you know that this are the prices?
    edited November 2013
    That's the most ridiculous thing I've read in quite a bit. b:chuckle

Im just guessing here, but that's probably because you dont spend much time reading your own posts...ijs. *shrugs* b:chuckle

*ghost leaves the machine*
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Converted to coins, +11 is selling for 179m, and +12 is 315m. It's a small discount tbh....but not much of a black friday sale.

I'd expect something like this in say, april or something. Lets say, the 1st. But not Black Friday.

Honestly though? I think with the ocean orb fiasco, selling cheap +11/12's would have made people rage even more.

I really hope DoD wasn't talking about the "surprises" being this kind of stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    really PWI? im guesing many of ur stupid people in the company should go die?
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    and suddenly i look at the entire code glitch in a different light.

I called this the moment the orbs glitched. If PWI was not going to do a server rollback, they would instead to try to profit off their mistake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Maxxxson - Dreamweaver
    Maxxxson - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You guys are all using too much sarcasm,
    I don't think PWE realises yet that the price for the 11 and 12 star orbs is exactly the same as ingame anyways.

So yeah the sale doesn't make sense to me, especially after the Ocean Orb thing.
    Nothing changed with this sale :)
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think I am just mad that marriage packs aren't on sale... b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Handel - Dreamweaver
    Handel - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think I am just mad that marriage packs aren't on sale... b:cry

maybe they will put them for cyber monday...
  • Archaius - Dreamweaver
    Archaius - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think the validity of this sale depends on the server.

The Mirage orb, at 85 gold, is the exact same price as a Mirage orb would cost to make if you paid 105,000 per 1* (assuming you spent 25 gold for the ocean needed to craft it). Since there are no DF Packs on sale atm, 1* orbs are 140k each right now. So for impatient people, this is actually a decent deal. Especially considering the current cost of Oceans, and other orbs.

As for Flame Orbs. I think you guys need to realize that this sale isn't about giving a discount. It's about providing access to two Orbs that are normally very hard to obtain. To get a flame, you either have to make it, which almost nobody does, or win it from a DF Pack.

Both of these are decent sales, when you take into consideration what their purpose is. Some sales are meant to provide discounts. Some are meant to provide access. This is one of the latter. At least as it applies to Dreamweaver server. And it's still a decent price.

Asking for +11 orbs to be 50 gold each is ridiculous. That would break the Orb market. Don't be hypocrites. Half the player base ******* when PWI broke the nirvy market with NW, and now you're asking them to do something that would completely destroy the Orb market.
  • Sien - Heavens Tear
    Sien - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Not everyone is +10 a lot of people missed out.
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »

inb4 CLIENT INSTABILITY!

How dare you take my only purpose in life to utter the phrase...

The +11 and +12 orbs will soon be removed due to

client instability

Thank you and you may now return to Days of our PWI Lives, already in progress...

When we last left PWE, they had just made a **** ton of +10 orbs available to the population. Dr Doofensmirtz, the evil PWE manager was telling his minons about his evil plan to release a bunch of +10's then push the playerbase to purchase +11 and +12 orbs at a highly profitable cost. He knows as soon as the players figure out what he has done, he will have to remove them quick claiming client instability.

Tune in next year when the same PWE manager plays the same PWE game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anhka - Sanctuary
    Anhka - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You guys are all using too much sarcasm,
    I don't think PWE realises yet that the price for the 11 and 12 star orbs is exactly the same as ingame anyways.

So yeah the sale doesn't make sense to me, especially after the Ocean Orb thing.
    Nothing changed with this sale :)

No it's actually higher...people weren't trying to sell Flames a few weeks ago for 270m you know?
  • manito0
    manito0 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Where's Frankieraye with his idiotic retort of these causing "client instability"? Lol, I like how it was pointed out by OPKossy; just goes to show that we don't forget! :D
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    manito0 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I'll have to remove your image due to client instability. b:laugh
    How dare you take my only purpose in life to utter the phrase..
    Bwahahahahaha!

When we last left PWE, they had just made a **** ton of +10 orbs available to the population. Dr Doofensmirtz, the evil PWE manager
    Relevant!
    (Insert fancy image here)