Archer flight issues?

Options
Zenkiama - Archosaur
Zenkiama - Archosaur Posts: 14 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Archer
Hey guys i was thinking about starting an archer cuz i like ranged classes and flying at lv 1 is really awsome but with the wings at -2 mpsec is that hard to deal with for long flights? And how expensive can an archer get when buying arrows as well as equipment and pots any help on how an archer works would be awsome b:pleased
Post edited by Zenkiama - Archosaur on

Comments

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    damn

DAMN

-mp issues

o man

the nostalgia that brings

anyways get to level 30 and use the 30 wings, problem solved

Or use dreamchaser pack wings
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • MissMario - Raging Tide
    MissMario - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    At lv.30 u get wings that dont require MP.

About Arrows, U get them with contribution points in Faction Bases, practically free arrows.

About pots, they cost same as any other class. However archers dont really have a healing skill. So u will be using a lot.
    Yes archer can be costly, but then, end game it doesnt matter.

I would say go with your playing style. Archer=High Ranged PVP. That be all.
    Good Luck.
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    As others have stated you will get a free set of wings at level 30 that require no mana use, also many cat shops resell boutique flyers at a cheap price (especially right now with wing being on sale).

When it comes to arrows I can honestly say I have yet to pay for a single arrow from a NPC. You can easily get around paying for arrows just by picking up arrows dropped by mobs, when I was leveling my archer, any time they dropped I picked them up (even if I was playing an alt). Instances are a great place to kill mobs that drop arrows and unless you have another archer in squad most people don't want them any way and are more than willing to give them to you. Once you are a higher level and get into a decent faction, base arrows are great. Also whenever the Assault on Archosaur event happens most people will leave the arrow drops (and those mobs drop a ton). Just run around and pick them up. In one night I was able to get over 30k arrows just by grabbing the ones left by other people.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hey guys i was thinking about starting an archer cuz i like ranged classes and flying at lv 1 is really awsome but with the wings at -2 mpsec is that hard to deal with for long flights? And how expensive can an archer get when buying arrows as well as equipment and pots any help on how an archer works would be awsome b:pleased

use level 1 arrows till 100, and then get into a TW fac so you can abuse sunder/distract fac base endgame ammo
    Channels

• XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Honestly the damage difference from lvl 1 Arrows to like Sharpshooters (best non base arrows you can get, if im remembering correctly) is miniscule. I'd say for saving money sake, use those and what Fae was saying pick up all the arrows you can find. Usually you can get pretty lucky and get some +1% crit arrows for free, they are rare though. Then do what Walpurga suggested get into a faction with a base and a high level heavenly vault and grab them Distract Arrows!
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I would not say that since arrows add to weapon damage.

It'd be like saying the difference between shabby garnets and drakeflames isn't big enough to warrant the cost

But for PVE yea, level 1 ammo ftw
    Channels

• Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I would not say that since arrows add to weapon damage.

It'd be like saying the difference between shabby garnets and drakeflames isn't big enough to warrant the cost

And no, Walpurga is not exaggerating.

Woven Fang Arrow: physical attack +3
    Sharpshooter: physical attack +110

Shabby Garnet Shard: physical attack +3
    Drakeflame Stone: physical attack +100

Using Sharpshooters instead of lv1 arrows is actually better than upgrading from a shabby (or shardless) to a drakeflame.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    And no, Walpurga is not exaggerating.

Woven Fang Arrow: physical attack +3
    Sharpshooter: physical attack +110

Shabby Garnet Shard: physical attack +3
    Drakeflame Stone: physical attack +100

Using Sharpshooters instead of lv1 arrows is actually better than upgrading from a shabby (or shardless) to a drakeflame.

I need to sig this; for some reason it's just so hilarious to me
    Channels

• Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The real issue with flight is that it is not exclusive to winged elves.

Barbs can turn into tigers
    Veno's can tame pets
    Sins can go invisible (archer stealth does not compare)
    Flight should be exclusive to the winged elves, or they should get bonus to flight speed.
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The real issue with flight is that it is not exclusive to winged elves.

Barbs can turn into tigers
    Veno's can tame pets
    Sins can go invisible (archer stealth does not compare)
    Flight should be exclusive to the winged elves, or they should get bonus to flight speed.

While I don't mind other races can fly, I do find it odd that winged elves have the same nerf other classes have when shooting something on the ground. In truth it makes no sense. Our whole 'perk' as a race is our ability to fly from level one. I know the original argument had something to do with elves having an unfair advantage for pking, since other classes did not get free wings until later. But all races get free wings at level 30, which is the same level you have to be to pk (I think this holds true even on PvP servers). As to mobs not being able to hit you, they will reset (and regain HP) if they are unable to reach you. I've had this happen while doing Morai base quests. If I stand in the wrong spot, the mobs reset. I really can not think of a reason for that air to ground nerf (though it is 5 am here and maybe my brain just stopped working a few hours back).
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    They should make it so flight mastery actually has a use...Max level is still just barely base speed of most other flyers

Plus...Why do psychics get the flight seed boost skill? So weird to have fish get it b:shocked

As for the OP...If you really want to keep with natural wings then get around 20 magic, should be enough to not drain mana and it'll help keep boa up if needed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It would be nice if flight mastery either applied to all wings, or elves got some sort of bonus in the air other classes didn't.

As is the whole "You guys get to FLY" thing really isn't that special. Especially when the freakin fish and a genie have flight speed boosts and elves get... um... nothing. Dx
    (Insert fancy image here)