Perfect World ISN'T PERFECT anymore...

farah89
farah89 Posts: 152 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
...so how would you describe it? I will start. Maybe... Falling World?
Post edited by farah89 on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    >It was never "Perfect"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    >It was never "Perfect"

This o.o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • AlphaLynne - Archosaur
    AlphaLynne - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have only been back a day here and a day there since the rollback. I'll come back on a casual basis if the game becomes more stable. As I see it, that hasn't happened yet.

Since summer Wamei has issued patch after patch and broken lots of things that hasnt been fixed yet. It's just a matter of time before it becomes unplayable.

If the expansion also fixes most those things and doesn't create more breakage, then i may play again. But its a sorry state of affairs at the moment.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    >It was never "Perfect"

NOUUUU THE DAYS OF FARMING TT80 IN 2 MONTHS WHILE SUFFERING THROUGH BARBS CHARGING REPAIR+ TAKING ALL DROPS WAS BEST THING EVAR and people NEVER complained about OP tt99+5 cashers or OP R8+10 cashers or OP nixes or OP G13+5 aps sins

*nostalgia glasses OP
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Even the game's lore and the "god" of the game says it's not perfect.

Where did you get the impression it was? b:question
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • farah89
    farah89 Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Aaaaaaaah Now I understand all those fails :DDD PWI wanted to make their game MORE Imperfect :D Give us more!
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    NOUUUU THE DAYS OF FARMING TT80 IN 2 MONTHS WHILE SUFFERING THROUGH BARBS CHARGING REPAIR+ TAKING ALL DROPS WAS BEST THING EVAR and people NEVER complained about OP tt99+5 cashers or OP R8+10 cashers or OP nixes or OP G13+5 aps sins

*nostalgia glasses OP

Barbarians charging for repair sounds like broken game-play mechanics. Sure I'd love to come back but if the game is broken like it was near 2011 and the game is content gating dungeons by making charms having to be paid for has yet no money being dropped in game it doesn't sound like a very fair and balanced experience. No gold dropping anymore. Can't repair armor?, stuff it. But obviously I don't know anything because my character as seen in my avatar isn't a 'Tank' it is an Albatross. What would I know? Right?. Also additionally it sounds like the Free-to-play myth has long since died with the mechanics of playing Barbarian as well.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • theemerald
    theemerald Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Um SINCE WHEN a MMO game is Free of Glitches and bugs and problems? *sigh*
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Since my venomancer's g16 weapon is +10 and her armor is all +5... I would say

Not a perfect world, but better than its been all the rest of the year.

Also thanks to jolly old jones quests, I farmed more money ingame this year than I have all the other ones I played. I cash shopped far too much before JoJ quests were added b:victory

Now if only I had more free time to actually play the game :\
  • cawcawwww
    cawcawwww Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Barbarians charging for repair sounds like broken game-play mechanics. Sure I'd love to come back but if the game is broken like it was near 2011 and the game is content gating dungeons by making charms having to be paid for has yet no money being dropped in game it doesn't sound like a very fair and balanced experience. No gold dropping anymore. Can't repair armor?, stuff it. But obviously I don't know anything because my character as seen in my avatar isn't a 'Tank' it is an Albatross. What would I know? Right?. Also additionally it sounds like the Free-to-play myth has long since died with the mechanics of playing Barbarian as well.

No, barbs were making the lions share back then, but they had a monopoly so they were *****. People used to not be able to run tt without a barb lol, so the barbs took gold mats and extorted squadies >.<
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'd describe it in 1 word: America.

Elite super rich get richer by exploiting anything they can, and get away with it, while the rest of us play perpetual catch up in a game that is rigged against us.
  • Sien - Heavens Tear
    Sien - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Elite super rich get richer by exploiting anything they can, and get away with it, while the rest of us play perpetual catch up in a game that is rigged against us.

My thoughts exactly.
  • sexylatina
    sexylatina Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    PWI is still fun...just some people you might bump into..and ruin the game for you >.>
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    "perfect" is a subjective term dependent on the individual, tell me 1 thing that everyone would agree is "perfect" and it might be possible to give the game a comparable rating
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thought about posting about how to some perfection needs imperfection in it to be perfect but then I decided to just post Mine Turtle!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Talking about repairs,I run almost 10 Alts a day compaired to many running maybe 1-4 at most..I don't think some know about repair payouts like I get on a daily basis.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited November 2013

*ghost drops in*

That is SOOOOOOOOOO very strange. Here I am an American player, and somehow I found myself enjoying the exact same experience you and your magical blanket of finger-pointing claim Americans cause.

There are differences however, I have also dealt with elite super rich Europeans who get richer by exploiting anything they can. Russians, in particular, have a natural gift and drive to 'beat the system'.

Sadly, its a byproduct of having to learn to 'beat the system' in order to recieve anything from a corrupt party system under communism.

Some European cultures put a lot of stock into one's social class, and monarchy. These people will still tell you to "learn your place", even if you live in a country that proudly displays the fact, "we dont care about who gave birth to you!"

It's an International game, different cultures learning to get along in order to have fun (theoretically).

Perhaps you have very legitmate reasons to feel Americans are the only exploiters of this game. Perhaps you dont know, yours is not the same experience everyone is having.

*ghost shrugs and leaves the machine* b:bye