Bm WeaponPro

ericpang
ericpang Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Blademaster
Hi to all BM out there, can 1 know to be a good PKer?
I am a R9rr BM but is like still weak some how.
any 1 hv any combo that I can set?
Post edited by ericpang on

Comments

• Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Looks up at TheDan's Endgame BM PvP guide, looks back down at poster. Yep this is a troll post alright.
  • CielDeLumen - Raging Tide
    CielDeLumen - Raging Tide Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Assuming this is a somewhat serious post, I would still refer you to the pvp guide mentioned above.
    If nothing else, learn how to stunlock. Roar, (add 2-3 skills here), drake bash (add about 2-3 skills here), aeolian blade (add 1 skill or auto attack), repeat.

In all seriousness, though, there is no way you can be a good bm with 1 combo or macros. If you want a class that you can just have a 'combo you can set', find another class.
    If you are set on being bm, I would highly suggest reading any and all of the stickied guides. Then learn the controlling skills bm has, and practice using those. Then learn bm's DD skills and learn when to use those. Et cetera.

If this is a troll post, someone ask Joshcja for his squad to get over here. b:laugh
  • Loshon - Archosaur
    Loshon - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The key to being a good pker is to kill your opponent(s) before he/she/they can kill you. In order to accomplish such a thing, one must avoid dying. I would recommend putting as many points into magic as possible, then using dbb to one shot said opponent(s). Remember, the more magic a bm has, the better. b:victory
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The key to being a good pker is to kill your opponent(s) before he/she/they can kill you. In order to accomplish such a thing, one must avoid dying. I would recommend putting as many points into magic as possible, then using dbb to one shot said opponent(s). Remember, the more magic a bm has, the better. b:victory

+1 b:victory.

That is how i do it as well. When i do TW. i do my macro around the towers and everyone keeps on dying around me.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Assuming this is a somewhat serious post, I would still refer you to the pvp guide mentioned above.
    If nothing else, learn how to stunlock. Roar, (add 2-3 skills here), drake bash (add about 2-3 skills here), aeolian blade (add 1 skill or auto attack), repeat.

In all seriousness, though, there is no way you can be a good bm with 1 combo or macros. If you want a class that you can just have a 'combo you can set', find another class.
    If you are set on being bm, I would highly suggest reading any and all of the stickied guides. Then learn the controlling skills bm has, and practice using those. Then learn bm's DD skills and learn when to use those. Et cetera.

If this is a troll post, someone ask Joshcja for his squad to get over here. b:laugh

i agree with most things u said but aoelian is kinda unreliable. id use flame tsunami instead if possible. altho i dont have demon aoelian so i could be wrong about its percentage. if u need a quick stun for someone whos running around with some dmg done aoelian is good
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    aoelian is kinda unreliable. id use flame tsunami instead

This. Aeolian is a quick attack with very decent damage, but its 50% stun rate is too unreliable. It used to be an inside joke between Joshcja and I "Hey look, a BM using Aeolian to stun. Must be sage." Demons can stunlock without Aeolian so using it means you either fked up an earlier stunlock with mistiming or you're using it for damage. A 2.2 second cast for a 50% chance at a 3 second stun isn't favorable but it's damage also isn't bad. Nowadays you might also use it when you've stunned a caster 14 times, are running low on chi and everything else is cd, and just need a stun.

Flame Tsunami is definitely preferred. 100% accurate so great against archer's and sins. Linear so may hit multiple opponents. 90% success rate. It has nearly half the channel time, too. And it's a "ranged" skill of 10m. It's damage is also huge at 200% weapon + 7200 dmg, compared to Aeolian with 120% weapon and 2280. The under 75% health requirement is usually met, lol, but can get annoying sometimes. Great for a "save my ***" move or a finishing move. The biggest downfall is the 2 minute cd.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • CielDeLumen - Raging Tide
    CielDeLumen - Raging Tide Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This. Aeolian is a quick attack with very decent damage, but its 50% stun rate is too unreliable. It used to be an inside joke between Joshcja and I "Hey look, a BM using Aeolian to stun. Must be sage." Demons can stunlock without Aeolian so using it means you either fked up an earlier stunlock with mistiming or you're using it for damage. A 2.2 second cast for a 50% chance at a 3 second stun isn't favorable but it's damage also isn't bad. Nowadays you might also use it when you've stunned a caster 14 times, are running low on chi and everything else is cd, and just need a stun.

Fully agreed with this. What I mentioned was mostly just a short answer, and somewhat uncertain of the troll-ness of the post. Also, it was from the perspective of a <100 bm (I only recently turned 90), so Morai skills were not mentioned.
    But I concur, I almost always go for more reliable skills (I even use smack occasionally instead of aeolian to close my first loop, since it's more reliable, and I typically don't need a full second loop unless I'm fighting T3+ or barbs). Including Morai skills, there would be a variety of options, from flame tsunami to disarm and reckless rush+smack. Not even counting if one is demon and has demon skills.
    But aeolian can't be dismissed altogether, either. Even though I still have to use it to close my loops due to lack of other skills, it still procs a decent bit, and if nothing else gives chi rather than takes it. b:victory Also, due to aeolian's low cd, if my drake bash misses (which it has before), I can sometimes use aeolian, smack, and aeolian again to complete the stun loop without the drake bash. Granted, it's tough when you can't rely on it, but it is certainly better than nothing. b:pleased
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Flame Tsunami is definitely preferred. 100% accurate so great against archer's and sins. Linear so may hit multiple opponents. 90% success rate. It has nearly half the channel time, too. And it's a "ranged" skill of 10m. It's damage is also huge at 200% weapon + 7200 dmg, compared to Aeolian with 120% weapon and 2280. The under 75% health requirement is usually met, lol, but can get annoying sometimes. Great for a "save my ***" move or a finishing move. The biggest downfall is the 2 minute cd.

What did happen with Joshcja? He quit?

And Aeolian is a nice, chi free stun and these days everyone seems to kite a lot and no one does airtight stunlocks anymore.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What did happen with Joshcja? He quit?

Well, first he dropped a L:UaD in pk and rage quit. Found a new game. Came back in that games off season (similar to our server resets) and farmed another L:UaD because the one he dropped was an ex's who'd quit but he wanted to give the tome back even if it was to an inactive account. Then he went back to his other game. Then I skyped him and told him about Nation Wars release, which I figured he'd really like, so he came back for a bit. He enjoyed it, but he has always been full aps BM and the disparity between a server full of r9t3 and a BM with TT99 LA wrists/boots, TT99 belt/chest, G14 cube neck, G15 pants and helm, and Lunar rings was kind of a breaking point. Think his axes were OHT zerk axes or tt90 gold zerks. Even though he was +10 vit/josd with +12 Deicides, killer gear for when he quit, it didn't hold up against multiple opponents that could basically one shot him.

The choice was either invest way too much time farming and gearing up in PWI, a game he no longer cared for and was just a vacation away from his new game, or leave entirely. Or I suppose he could have hung around causualy and felt undergeared, but that's no fun either.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Assuming you're Demon and have no lv100 skills...You could do this:

Either use Myriad Sword Stance (which can stun them and it WILL reduce their attack) then HF

Or use Glacial Spike then use HF which will almost kill them right out

If they're still alive afterwards either aps them or stun them until they die

For sins, just use Will of Bodhi and smash their face in

For magic/ranged...You'll basically have to sprint at them and stunlock/disarm them before they can hit or you may be screwed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Assuming you're Demon and have no lv100 skills...You could do this:

Either use Myriad Sword Stance (which can stun them and it WILL reduce their attack) then HF

Or use Glacial Spike then use HF which will almost kill them right out

If they're still alive afterwards either aps them or stun them until they die

For sins, just use Will of Bodhi and smash their face in

For magic/ranged...You'll basically have to sprint at them and stunlock/disarm them before they can hit or you may be screwed

Using any of these skills before HFing is basically wasting a good opportunity do deal massive damage and crippling lots of opponents at once, ijs.