Please fix the over priced items for this weeks sale!

Options
Neodaystar - Sanctuary
Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
I just check on the EU server.....

10 star orbs: 35 gold each
1 star orbs x 10: 1.35 gold
100 x packs: 88 gold

These prices are too high compared to what we've had in the past for the week of Thanksgiving. At that current pricing and gold value, an ocean orb is about 65 mil on sanctuary server. Just last week people were getting like 6 orbs on average mounting to at least a 200 mil value for free (from that stupid glitched code), and now with this high sale tag, how will people who had not abused the free orbs or who had not had the chance to redeem the free orbs going to catch up in game?

Seriously, I felt like quitting when I had missed my chance, and even more so when a roll back was not called for. But with this pricing, I am certain I am not going to continue playing. This is making the power gap way too huge between abusers, cash shoppers, and those who work hard to farm their stuff.

Also, the news page says the new packs will be on sale 40% off....but in game wise, they are marked at full price of 88 dollars for 100 crappy pixel packs. Faulty advertisements and services to grab player's hard earn money, why isn't pwe being sued yet?
Post edited by Neodaystar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I just check on the EU server.....
    10 star orbs: 35 gold
    1 star orbs x 10: 1.35 gold

These prices are too high compared to what we've had in the past for the week of Thanksgiving. At that current pricing and gold value, an ocean orb is about 65 mil on sanctuary server. Just last week people were getting like 6 orbs on average mounting to at least a 200 mil value for free (from that stupid glitched code), and now with this high sale tag, how will people who had not abused the free orbs or who had not had the chance to redeem the free orbs going to catch up in game?

Seriously, I felt like quitting when I had missed my chance, and even more so when a roll back was not called for. But with this pricing, I am certain I am not going to continue playing. This is making the power gap way too huge between abusers, cash shoppers, and those who work hard to farm their stuff.

What a joke. PWE is just acting like a bunch of ignorant people. The people who didn't get these for free, should pay $100 for a set of 3? Suck one PWE.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    you forgot to mention the waaaay too early chipsale (+ mog) and the new packs (again lol) for 88 gold that contain a lot of old stuff, lots of weird useless fashion, but also g13 shards (low chance tho) .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    They should have at least put it at 25 golds like before...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    can we have it for 10G?? b:cuteb:cuteb:cute hee..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    you forgot to mention the waaaay too early chipsale (+ mog) and the new packs (again lol) for 88 gold that contain a lot of old stuff, lots of weird useless fashion, but also g13 shards (low chance tho) .

I predicted the future, yo. My two-of-a-kind fashion is finally in the boutique. Too bad ain't no one gonna open packs for that price though, lol.

This fash, btw for anyone curious: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/30892
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It's rather easy to see why they put them in the boutique at 35 gold, Black Friday is coming.

Stores do the same thing, they raise their prices before a big shopping day so they can drop them to "normal" sale prices and everyone is like "wow, big saving, must buy now", when in truth it's no less than any normal sale price. Businesses have been using this trick for decades, where have you been. f:hush
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I predicted the future, yo. My two-of-a-kind fashion is finally in the boutique. Too bad ain't no one gonna open packs for that price though, lol.

This fash, btw for anyone curious: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/30892

i actually instantly thought of you when i saw the pack prizes :D
    and then i thought about finally quitting over the tremendous greed lately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It's rather easy to see why they put them in the boutique at 35 gold, Black Friday is coming.

Stores do the same thing, they raise their prices before a big shopping day so they can drop them to "normal" sale prices and everyone is like "wow, big saving, must buy now", when in truth it's no less than any normal sale price. Businesses have been using this trick for decades, where have you been. f:hush

This isn't something that PWE does. Remember the first time the rep badges and chips went on sale? Everyone thought that the price of rank 8 was really cheap for what they were selling for. Then they had an emergency maintenance, and the prices for the items were lowered even more. There were many complaints and people submitting tickets about how they had paid for more than the changed prices. Many people like I had, got our refunds back. So I doubt that the ocean orb prices will be dropped later this week since it will cause the same issue like before with all those ticket submissions.
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    if its not 5 for 100, the wont get takers.

good luck pwi
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Like I said, regular players end up paying for the exploiters down the road, PWI has to make up the $200000 shortfall somewhere.

I didn't predict them to do it this soon after the glitch though. It might be that they will discount the Ocean orbs further once it hits the news page. Perhaps 17G, 50s?

As for stores jacking up prices before a sale - that only works in a market where consumers lack information. Just about everyone knows how much Ocean Orbs cost, hence the massive QQ about the exploit recently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I WAS planning on buying some Ocean orbs. Since a bunch of people got $200 worth of them legitimately, and I did not, I also feel like quitting.

I sure as **** won't be paying 35g for a single one.

I have dated gear. The more expensive it is for me to upgrade, the less likely I am to do so, and more likely I am going to be to find a new game to play.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I was expecting they'll do this. Pretty sad.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    PWE, what're you doing b:shocked

A pack with a higher droprate (even if it's only 0.005%) to drop scroll of tome than anniversary pack?
    0.1% chance on DoT/DoD?

Stupid orb sale?

b:shocked it's like they are actually trying to finish off pwi
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The new pack is supposed to be on sales (-40% off) according to the news post. But they forgot to change the price in game. go figure...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arween - Harshlands
    Arween - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Normally i dont even bother to comment this things or GM's actions! But i cant stop myself this time!

After all the mess with the D.orbs +10 and everything else that u Gm's made wrong I find it almost (not to say totally) RUDE, SHAMEFUL, TASTELESS AND BRAINLESS that u guys make a dragon orb +10 sale now at 35 gold...

There were alot of ppl that got nothing and will be getting nothing after all that mess... and now u guys make it even worst to us that got nothing with this damn sale! On other hand even yesterday i have seen duke shouting when ppl were getting Dorbs +10.

This is very offensive and im sorry but the ppl that takes decision on this game are totally devoid of intelligence.

Arween
  • themelc
    themelc Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    thx PWE for **** up the honest and working people, even with this "sale" a ocean orb costs around 65m compared to 40m last time, u should give everyone who didnt get orbs aswell not make them pay 35 gold you dumb *****
  • RedWoodred - Harshlands
    RedWoodred - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Both last week and this we get packs that - according to the "News" - are 40% off, and yet, go to the Boutique and they are WAY WICKEDLY expensive and on the items it reads "NEW!", not "SALE".

Combine this with Zen "rewards" that don't happen, over-priced pre-Christmas "sales"? I won't get started on unfairness of the some-got-all, some-got-none-and-that's-okay attitude of PWE toward those looking for any benefit to keep from just flat-out leaving the game. That would be QQing.

This isn't QQ, this is me stating that I am an Informed Consumer and I don't see the value in spending my Christmas money with a company that truly doesn't seem to be paying attention to it's consumer base.

Wake up, PWE. You have the power to truly make this game usable for your players. Why should we get excited about new content when the game itself is broken?

Mostly though, PWE players need to pay more attention. Ultimately, we have the power over this company - the power to withhold our monies in such a fashion as to make it not viable for PWE to contine without fixing what is truly broken. Exercise your strongest character ability and SPEND NO REAL MONEY BUYING GOLD/ZEN from PWE.
    Cash-shopper? That just means I have farmed REAL LIFE, and I want to spend my recreational funds in this game. +12 or GTFO!
    ---
    RedWoodred (Full 2nd Cast Nirvana AA Sage Veno); WiskrBisquit (Rank 9 2nd Cast Sage Archer); Puuka (Rank 8 Sage Psychic); Kanu_Unchou (Demon BM Nirvana Farmer); \Wasabi (Assassin); AerynSoon (Full G16+ Sage Seeker); DawnTreader (Mystic)
  • themelc
    themelc Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    well on sanctuary atm the ocean orb market is dead, been trying to buy orbs half of day and nothing , i'll be damned if i waste almost 70m buying with gold. i wonder what can possibly PW ruin next ,maybe take out bh and let people kill mobs for money
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    __Sami__ - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Oh well, I aint getting a single orb at 35g. I need ~22 orbs and would be willing to get them on good sale, too bad this aint one. Honestly this sale is a bad joke and I can only hope it was typo.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/104/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#135691 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • LolaElv - Heavens Tear
    LolaElv - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    First issue is about the REDEEM that everyone is being sad because some people they don't get their reward in redemption including me. b:sad

Second issue is about the SALE... huhuhuhu b:sad

i feel so sad after i red all your comments... i wish GM can read this comments and wake up their mind for this issue...b:sad
    Poisonous Crew f:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Charmshoppa - Lost City
    Charmshoppa - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    soon to come in cs for 2 gold each http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/29743
  • Tuscket - Raging Tide
    Tuscket - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    So PWI you put dragon orbs on sale for the thousands of us who did not get the so called holiday pack from your Facebook page. I am not buying them. I will always be +7. I can still play my game and not spend cash on it.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    soon to come in cs for 2 gold each http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/29743

That's...an interesting pack O.o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Vennesetiid - Sanctuary
    Vennesetiid - Sanctuary Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I think they are just teasing til black friday. Yall know there will be a zen discount.
  • stinks
    stinks Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    42.86% of ppl are quiting the game according to a Poll Admin is trying to keep from you guys b:shutup
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    stinks wrote: »
    42.86% of ppl are quiting the game according to a Poll Admin is trying to keep from you guys b:shutup

LoL! Your poll had roughly a dozen respondents from among the people who are passionate enough to be on the forums, perusing the complaint threads.

Hmmmm ..... no I see nothing to suggest that figure is skewed. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Peterpeterm - Raging Tide
    Peterpeterm - Raging Tide Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I been saving money in game..and was gonna put some into the game as well...
    But since the Orb glitch and waiting if those get perm ban or at least have their refines removed.

Also 35g? really....25G after this mess is still high. i prefer 15 gold to 10g for a limited time combined with a zen bonusb:surrender
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    stinks wrote: »

1. Did you know 97% of statistics are made up?

2. No one cares.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • Stratakis - Raging Tide
    Stratakis - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    seems pwi trying again and again to make people angry .DO NOT PUT MONEY IN THIS GAME
  • Zarkoff - Raging Tide
    Zarkoff - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Complaining about stuff will make you feel better, but doing it this way is not very constructive. Perhaps, as it was last year, the new staff simply is unaware of what the preceding sales were like. We have a new CM who I am sure is over his head dealing with the current crisis, and trying to resolve and make everyone happy.

After it was so unpleasantly brought to their attention, they showered us with some very nice black friday and cyber monday sales. Even though the Xmas sales, were nothing like they were the previous year.

I would suggest to the CM to do some research into how the sales were priced previous years, before deciding how to proceed this year. One thing a large community such as this one dislike most, is having sales worse this year, than the previous years. Many wait to buy zen until the Holiday sales.

24hr Black Friday, 24 hrs Cyber monday sales are being anticipated by many this year.

As well as Christmas sales starting first week of December.

Years past, these were the best sales, best prices, best items.

If anyone has some screen shots of the previous sales. post them up. Help the new CM understand what the community is anticipating.

18gold for 100 packs. 1 star orbs at 5sp each. 10 star orbs 5 for 50 gold. Dragon fire packs @ 1 gold 7silver <these are off the to of my head>

I, as well as many, look forward, with high hopes, that this years sales will be the best ever !!