new orb sale?

RankNine - Momaganon
RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
did anyone hear rumors about a new orb pack sale or something?
suddenly a few shops on morai sell lvl 1 orbs for 140 k instead of 220 k.
like..thousands. o.o
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
Post edited by RankNine - Momaganon on

Comments

• DaKaan - Harshlands
    DaKaan - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    140k sounds normal to me, they probably got old stacks and now selling cheaper to get fast coin
    Ghanima 101 wiz, DaKaaN 101 BM, Ra\/en 96 Seeker
    Quit this game for another one called real life b:shocked
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited November 2013
    140k sounds normal to me, they probably got old stacks and now selling cheaper to get fast coin

140 k would be the price during a sale on my server, yes.

but 3 shops at once? and if they wanted fast coins, they could also sell to the other shops for 130 k..weird. im tempted to buy them but im afraid of a new sale^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    140 k would be the price during a sale on my server, yes.

but 3 shops at once? and if they wanted fast coins, they could also sell to the other shops for 130 k..weird. im tempted to buy them but im afraid of a new sale^^

It's possible that all shops belong to the same person.

Another possibility is just rule number one of economics: competition drives prices down in a free market.

It's also possible that gold prices are low and, with black friday coming, they're just trying to buy as much gold as they can to increase their merching capabilities when the new sale comes by, so they're reducing their profits from orbs to get a huger profit after.
  • keeperofkeys
    keeperofkeys Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It is probably a supply and demand thing...so many people cheated and got +10 orbs for free so there is now less demand for orbs...hence cheaper price.

Could also be people refusing to spend their hard earned coins to buy something that others got for free. I know I have lost my motivation to refine gear right now.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lol im guessing black friday sale will be 5 +10 orb for 50 gold.
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    __Sami__ - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lol im guessing black friday sale will be 5 +10 orb for 50 gold.

I kinda hope and dont hope this =/. I am sitting at ~400g atm and would be tempted to throw everything in such sale on those orbs, leaving me completely dry for cyber monday.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/104/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#135691 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
    edited November 2013
    I kinda hope and dont hope this =/. I am sitting at ~400g atm and would be tempted to throw everything in such sale on those orbs, leaving me completely dry for cyber monday.

5 +10 orb for 50 gold is still a joke comparing people get 6-9 +10 orb for free cause of lag. and others none, cause they make the code disable.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    its possible that the dorb bug screwed up market and there is no more target customers for +6 +7 +8 +9 orbs
    therefore orb merchants are forced to wholesale orbs underprice considering a lower target customer pool and prolly the price will drop even more when orb sale will come
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My guess is same as what's been mentioned; possibly trying to make much coin quickly to buy gold and prepare for the upcoming Black Friday sales.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    __Sami__ - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    5 +10 orb for 50 gold is still a joke comparing people get 6-9 +10 orb for free cause of lag. and others none, cause they make the code disable.

The amount of negativity regarding this only ruins the game for the ones who can fill themselves so full of negativity they cant enjoy nice things. If 5 orbs 50gsale happened, I`d prolly end up keeping 20 and selling 20 good while after sale when prices of orbs normalize. But meh, who knows what we got coming, hopefully something decent.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/104/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#135691 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
    edited November 2013
    The amount of negativity regarding this only ruins the game for the ones who can fill themselves so full of negativity they cant enjoy nice things. If 5 orbs 50gsale happened, I`d prolly end up keeping 20 and selling 20 good while after sale when prices of orbs normalize. But meh, who knows what we got coming, hopefully something decent.

if the sale 5 +10 orb ofcourse i will buy 20 too. so i am still enjoy nice things right? :)
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    did anyone hear rumors about a new orb pack sale or something?
    suddenly a few shops on morai sell lvl 1 orbs for 140 k instead of 220 k.
    like..thousands. o.o

220k is really really expensive, and 140k is normal. I think someone for some reason was holding to those orbs, and finally decided to sell them.

I remember once in Lost City I saw with my sin's ability to check inventories someone who had like 2b coins worth of orbs (orb=130k). I was afraid that character would set a shop someday and drop drastically the price of orbs, but it never happened. Maybe he sold them at normal price with another char.
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    140k?! f.... scammers ! HT normal price is ~130k, and during the sale 90-100k
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited November 2013
    140k?! f.... scammers ! HT normal price is ~130k, and during the sale 90-100k

2.200.000 + 2% * 0.1575 / 2.549 = 138 k during a sale
    (goldprice) (fee) (orbpack) (orbs/pack)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]