What is the PWI player community going to next?

Options

Comments

• BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Happy for anyone, Mrs. Grinch?

i am not happy cause some people not getting +10 orb and even gold cards, while others getting it. how about u?
  • Raygan - Sanctuary
    Raygan - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ive sent your reply respectfully rejecting their nice cookie cutter response to my individual ticket. I also have redownloaded another game I play (since apparently im not allowed to post the name of other mmos lol pwi threatened?) and I already also play another, I will be leaving PWI on a temp basis for now, which will be permanent if nothing is done. Seriously 5 yrs dealing with bs from this company and this is the final straw.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i am not happy cause some people not getting +10 orb and even gold cards, while others getting it. how about u?
    me, i think we should just deal with what we have. Its a freeby afterall. But because its expensive, everyone made a huge fuss. Just like those Black Friday shoppers who fuss over big deals and dont realize they just stomped to death some poor employee... The big fuss is what im talking about. Its stupid and its harmful, and the store shouldnt be blamed for making prices so tempting that leads to stampede.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    me, i think we should just deal with what we have. Its a freeby afterall. But because its expensive, everyone made a huge fuss. Just like those Black Friday shoppers who fuss over big deals and dont realize they just stomped to death some poor employee... The big fuss is what im talking about. Its stupid and its harmful, and the store shouldnt be blamed for making prices so tempting that leads to stampede.

A big fuss, its not stupid. i wont call people stupid to fight for their justice. they should do something about it. people getting something free while others not. people getting free and others need to work hard irl to cash shop or farming for months to getting it. I wont make many argumentation since on other thread many people already give it in other thread.

Just because u get what u want, and others that should get the same thing but they not, and try to get it too or trying to fix it, u call them stupid.
  • _Grimmjow_J_ - Archosaur
    _Grimmjow_J_ - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    f:angry
    You know, I've been watching the Forums now for the past week and the stupidity of people is astounding me. Here's how I see it: this is a game. It is your choice to invest time, money and effort into this game. There was a **** up and a lot of us got screwed. Yea, we all lost things. I lost gear, money, exp, fash, do I have to go on? Point is, it happens. PWI decided to step up and, though they couldn't fix what happened, try to find a way to make things better. People are greedy ****, that's all it comes down to. You're going to complain and protest about it and "Make Phases" but who are you kidding? If you really cared so much about it you wouldn't be sitting in front of your computer nagging about a game. If you really cared you would open your eyes and look around the real life world. It happens on a greater scale and without compensation there. Don't believe me? Go look up Today's World Issues on a search engine and tell me what you find. f:gone
    Point is, instead of bickering over a game (a GAME, for the love of Pan Gu) you should be doing something more productive with your time. To those of you wishing to go through your "Phases", best of luck but I won't miss you. For those of you sitting back saying "Yay, go PWI" keep playing and best of luck to you. In the end it all comes down to how you chose to spend your time. I, for one, am done with these silly complaint forums, I've got bosses to kill and screenshots to take with friends. Cya!
    f:melon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Personally, Archosaur could be merged into another server that shares the same name Database. (Off the top of my head, that would be either Sanctuary, or Harshlands.)

Sanctuary or Heavens Tear; Harshlands (like the rest of the East Coast servers) has its own dedicated name server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ....Also, the year is not up, so you can expect many new things coming in December as well....

Do I smell, the early indication of the New Horizons release? monthb:chuckle
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The compensation efforts were aimed at Archosaur from the start for their rollback. It included other servers due to our want to broaden the initial compensation efforts. Raging Tide, Dreamweaver, and other servers have had various connectivity issues this month. If we were going to help one server, we felt it best to include the rest. However, with the abuse of the compensation code, we've had to rescope our efforts back to the initial goal of Archosaur.

We will still be keeping 2x on in every category, including a new one called coins, for all servers into December. Also, the year is not up, so you can expect many new things coming in December as well.

If you want something right now

We've re-activated the initial compensation code that gives out 5x Hyper EXP Stones to players. It can be used once per account until NOVEMBER 30th

You can redeem it here once per account until NOVEMBER 30th : 3HTYJKE

DefenderofDreams,

Thanks for working to give us a legitimate response. I understand you're busy with other games but I hope you'll have time to read this response.

You were extremely vague about what exactly will happen to the abusers of the code, and whether they will get to keep playing with their free orbs. Are they only going to get a slap on the wrist? Or do you intend to do something more tangible?

Also, would it be possible for players who send in a ticket proving that they haven't gotten anything to receive the orbs as well? I believe this would go a long way towards balancing the servers and helping everyone's refines out as a whole, as well as letting players come to terms with the inequality caused by the premature cancellation of the D. orb code.

Also, don't get me wrong. I'm fine with not receiving anything, but many players won't be. I am more concerned with how you will punish those who have abused the code to receive multiple dragon orbs and event pts + exp.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This is the biggest load of bs I have ever had the misfortune of reading.

You can not blame PWI for this latest issue. The only people to blame for this are those who chose to abuse the code. They knew it was wrong to do it, but they did it any way and because of that everyone lost out on it. You can not hold PWI responsible for the dishonesty of others.

It is high time players start taking responsibility for their actions and stop passing the blame onto PWI. Yes the website did glitch, but that does not give people the right to abuse it. It's no different than if I went to my bank and the ATM was spitting out twenty bills, I couldn't keep them not unless I wanted to be charged with theft. Or say a football team making it to a championship but a select few players find a way to cheat for a win and in turn the whole team is disqualified. And that is what happened here, a few players cheated so everyone lost their reward.

PWI was generous enough to offer these codes in compensation for what they felt they had done wrong. But instead of the players being thankful for it, several chose to throw it back in their faces by abusing it. You want someone to lash out at, find out who abused the glitch and rage at them; because they alone are responsible. And this is what the PWI community should be doing.

And lastly DO NOT flood the ticket support with useless **** like this, the only thing that will do is make it harder for players with legitimate problems to get the help they need. Ticket support should only be used by players that need actual help not for petty issues and temper tantrums like this.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • glaesum
    glaesum Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The compensation efforts were aimed at Archosaur from the start for their rollback. It included other servers due to our want to broaden the initial compensation efforts. Raging Tide, Dreamweaver, and other servers have had various connectivity issues this month. If we were going to help one server, we felt it best to include the rest. However, with the abuse of the compensation code, we've had to rescope our efforts back to the initial goal of Archosaur.

We will still be keeping 2x on in every category, including a new one called coins, for all servers into December. Also, the year is not up, so you can expect many new things coming in December as well.

We've re-activated the initial compensation code that gives out 5x Hyper EXP Stones to players. It can be used once per account until NOVEMBER 30th

You heavy force me to quit. Tyvm for make me loser on my server. Good luck and care Reaging Tide.
    Sorry. I'vent got any nice words for you, DoD.
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    glaesum wrote: »
    You heavy force me to quit. Tyvm for make me loser on my server. Good luck and care Reaging Tide.
    Sorry. I'vent got any nice words for you, DoD.

No one's made you do anything. You've made this decision yourself because you don't think you can compete with the +10's. +10's aren't impossible to kill you know....w
  • condofar
    condofar Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    A large part of the reason we have such huge issues with PWI is because of the way the game itself is managed.

PWE basically leases the software from Wanmei. PWE owns the hardware, but all the changes to code, the maintenance, and control of the software is done my Wanmei developers.

So something like what's happened, happens, and the PWE dev's are very limited in what they can do to resolve the issue. They are unable to make any changes to the software on the servers, so any configuration changes have to go through Wanmei. (I documented a similar process recently here.)

Also, if you read the ToS, we should consider ourselves lucky PWE has offered any compensation at all, and they've stated that more is to come, they are still looking at options. (I posted some details in the sticky thread, but don't feel like searching for it atm.)

The Community will do what it always does. People will complain, some will leave and come back in a year or so, but overall, it really has little to no impact. The game is already in a steady decline, this has just pushed it a little bit further for one server.

Personally, Archosaur could be merged into another server that shares the same name Database. (Off the top of my head, that would be either Sanctuary, or Harshlands.) Though really we should see how the new expansion affects server populations first. We'll have some old faces return, and probably a minor influx of new people.

Overall though, I'd be willing to bet that, come January, you won't be able to see much of a difference at all in the Community.

They should of shut down EVERY server for maintenance ASAP. They knew what was going on and let it continue. Now I quit the f'd up game. It's way more imbalanced than when sins came out.
  • Bunny_slayer - Harshlands
    Bunny_slayer - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Is this a threat? Seriously, I'm more worried than optimistic about this.

Anyway, to answer OP's question: I'll keep playing. Bottomline is, I still enjoy the game. Eventhough I didn't get anything from this fiasco, the way I see it - I didn't lose anything, I just missed out on something.

Oh and another thing, I will not be charging zen, EVER AGAIN.
  • MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear
    MoonsMyst - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i didnt get code and whan i noticed so many ppl got so many orbs multiple time i wanted them to:D
    but nevermind
    only thing which frighten me is thatpwi send bad msg to all players and that is next time be first to explote bug if you want free item make sure to be first who exploits as bans r short, this msg from pwi i rly dont like
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Is this a threat? Seriously, I'm more worried than optimistic about this.

LOL, it's sad but this comment made me laugh so hard b:laugh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Mattiks - Dreamweaver
    Mattiks - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well, as DefenderOfDreams has clearly explained that the compensation efforts were initially aimed at Archosaur server, and that no other server deserves further compensation, here is my response:

This incident, which was brought about by the carelessness of the PWI Staff, that brought an unstable and exploitable advantage for lucky players that were in the right place at the right time, has had an impact upon all servers. Everyone was affected by mistake, made by PWI Staff, so everyone deserves equal compensation, equivalent to the intended compensation already distributed, but not received by all players.

3 bound +10 orbs
    2 Event gold cards
    1 platinum vip ticket
    10 hypers
    10 elixer pots
    3 IGs
    3 Vacuity
    3 Sutras
    3 Dews

I'm gonna keep playing PWI, but I'm also going to keep ticketing this until I receive this same compensation. And I would encourage everyone else in the same situation as me, that didn't recieve this gift pack, to do the same, because I'm sure that our combined ticketing efforts might achieve a greater impact. Join me.
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well, as DefenderOfDreams has clearly explained that the compensation efforts were initially aimed at Archosaur server, and that no other server deserves further compensation, here is my response:

This incident, which was brought about by the carelessness of the PWI Staff, that brought an unstable and exploitable advantage for lucky players that were in the right place at the right time, has had an impact upon all servers. Everyone was affected by mistake, made by PWI Staff, so everyone deserves equal compensation, equivalent to the intended compensation already distributed, but not received by all players.

3 bound +10 orbs
    2 Event gold cards
    1 platinum vip ticket
    10 hypers
    10 elixer pots
    3 IGs
    3 Vacuity
    3 Sutras
    3 Dews

I'm gonna keep playing PWI, but I'm also going to keep ticketing this until I receive this same compensation. And I would encourage everyone else in the same situation as me, that didn't recieve this gift pack, to do the same, because I'm sure that our combined ticketing efforts might achieve a greater impact. Join me.

This is the most wisely way we have to at least make this **** monkeys to understand that they went too far this time, I will keep sending tickets too till all the people who was not able to get the pack at least gets it.
  • Rinkua - Dreamweaver
    Rinkua - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Still playing. I regret not logging on earlier that day to get something for free, but meh. You win some you lose some. People before me when I first started were +10+11+12 and I didn't care. I just kept playing to keep myself busy when I have nothing to do. I guess you can call me casual? I'll make it to my goal eventually but there's no rush. Soon the whole mess will blow over and something even worst (or better?) will happen in its place.
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I sent ticket...got auto replay...sent again...will keep sending till I don't get compensation... someone will eventually get tired and that wont be me:)
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    are you seriously trying to argument and justify and let it be no justice (is that my country's government? xD) to the major bug abuse i've seen in 4 years old pwi career?

you know what im gonna get helped by some asian friend now and im gonna report this situation to PWE, Wanmei and to Zu Long Studio aswell

also after 4 years im done with this company choices, not gonna ever put 1 single cent in PW games anymore eventho i was enjoying Elemental Kingdoms already
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    f:stare To be honest it's not that big of a deal... it happened, and mistakes are going to happen because a game let alone an MMO is a fragile thing.
    They've reached out and made an effort to compensate us and they apologized.
    What more do you want?
    Free R9?
    I don't understand what more the people want from PWE.
    My character is still in tact, my gear has not disappeared, i still have my friends who i play with.
    So whats the big deal?
    People need to calm down and forgive, its not some revolution...

well said ...

i'll continue playing
  • juicybluca
    juicybluca Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    bangis2010 wrote: »
    well said ...

i'll continue playing

ofc you guys you gonna continue to play

you abused an average of 30 dragon orb ocean

does this thread become a "regroup thread" of the bug abuser alt accounts saying meh lets play not a big deal

yea keep posting so we get an idea of how many more abused the bug
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    f:stare To be honest it's not that big of a deal... it happened, and mistakes are going to happen because a game let alone an MMO is a fragile thing.
    They've reached out and made an effort to compensate us and they apologized.
    What more do you want?
    Free R9?
    I don't understand what more the people want from PWE.
    My character is still in tact, my gear has not disappeared, i still have my friends who i play with.
    So whats the big deal?
    People need to calm down and forgive, its not some revolution...

I have to agree.

After leaving because of something like this and deleting my characters in anger, I know totally share your mindset above.

We react in such ways - that we end up hurting ourselves and not really players that did wrong things and not really PWI. Just.. ourselves.

When I got the code - there was no indication of what was given out, so I can see some getting 6 orbs and just not knowing they should of only gotten 3.

But later, sure - because word had spread - but ... only if you came to the forums to read it. I don't think I actually saw too many in WC or Guild saying "Hey we were only supposed to get 3 orbs" and etc.

Plus, these orbs are fairly limited right? Bound - and for bound gear? Where I am - most don't have bound gear - they resale about everything.

Well - I don't fault the people that had no clue and got multiple mailings due to lag - but I DO hope those that intentionally exploited it understand -- they had to take advantage of a glitch in order to get what the rest of us got through valid ways.

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    juicybluca wrote: »

does this thread become a "regroup thread" of the bug abuser alt accounts saying meh lets play not a big deal

It`s clear as the sky that the only people that are satisfied with this BS are those who received at least 3 orbs+ the rest of the goodies, therefore, any positive feedback concerning this issue from them is null and void! b:bye
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Sure, everyone is. Its like people who are against weapons are always working for the enemy . /sarcasm

There are just people that with more in their life than PWE and/or refuse to keep acting like some offended children. If the whole things hits you that much, finally quit. If you dont wanna quit, go over it . GMs made their decision and whatever is helpful to bring justice to the players, posts like yours wont.

And no, i didnt abused it or even get one. I
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Dude i play this game for fun and past time.. Maybe you P2W this game?

If i dont get anything not a big deal for me, PWI can decide what ever they want and on your side you can quit anytime you want no one holding you to do so.If you feel that they treating you unfair and you feel no fun you can unistall and find another game.

Thread says what community going to do next ? This is not qq or rage thread ?
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    First,

I'd like to thank DoD for taking the time to respond to this thread. When was the last time any GM has personally responded twice to a topic? Not very often. So would take this as a positive sign that we gotten their attention. So please keep sending in tickets.

Second,

Please do not rage on this tread. This is not a tread to rage. This is a thread to determine what our next course of action will be.

If you wish to rage please do so here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1645671

I would prefer that a mod is not put in a position that they would need to close this tread.

Now, in response to DoD's latest update.

I think PWI is missing the main point here. I think its fair to say that the main reason for our frustration has nothing to do with how many or how few reward players received from this code. The heart of what has us so angered is that many did not get to receive anything.

So instead of addressing that PWI chooses to pour more gas on the flame by offering 5 hypers stone (which by the way the code does not work for me). If this is not another slap in the face I don't know what is.

Instead of what amounted in nearly to 500 million coins from the original compensation has been reduced to about 4.5 million in hypers. Mind you that is if someone only receive one of the original compensation code, but we know that is not the case. People on Raging Tide 'clicked' once and received up to 3. 5 HYPERS?!? NOT ACCEPTABLE.

So again, thank you for your response DoD and please extend my thanks to PWI and its management for providing more fuel to keep this going.

KEEP SENDING TICKETS!!

In addition to the original ticket campaign the next wave of tickets should be this:

'I appreciate your offer of 5 hyper stones; however, it does nothing to address the imbalance created from the original compensation. Please explain to me how 5 hyper stones worth about 5 million in game coin is to offset 3 Ocean Orbs, 2 Event gold cards, 1 platinum vip ticket, 10 hypers, 10 elixer pots, 3 IGs, 3 Vacuity, 3 Sutras, 3 Dews worth over 500 million? It doesn't. It doesn't even come remotely close.'

To be honest, I would be satisfied with 1 Ocean Orbs, 1 Event gold cards, 1 platinum vip ticket. Something like this would at least show that PWI is making 'some' effort to make this right.
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It`s clear as the sky that the only people that are satisfied with this BS are those who received at least 3 orbs+ the rest of the goodies, therefore, any positive feedback concerning this issue from them is null and void! b:bye

Not really... I just learned from the FF/FC Dragon Goon Glitch that getting angry does nothing...

We can say or vote what we want on the forum, but my guess is - it really has no impact on PWI's final decision. Back then - I did care about the levels.

Now I"m just trying to play in my own little space... and have fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Have to love when you try to edit your original post it removes most of what you posted.
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I LIVE to see TONS of small re-birthed toons scrambling around the maps to quest.

Now I see why PWI asked about the FF/FC-ing.

Could you imagine - they go to zip up there w/ a higher alt and BAM - door locked, can't get in and ... too bad - so sad - try again at level 75.

I'm not mean... I just think it would put folks back ON the maps again... so they are doing more than holding up walls in town.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]