Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• rose1111111
    rose1111111 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I redeemed it once. The page barely loaded by the time I even got the code. Hell if I was going to even try.

You can blame the players for abusing the game. Players should know better. Just because it's doable doesn't mean you can or should do it. Scamming is doable, does that mean you should scam people? No.

PWE has it's faults with this, but so does those who abused the code.

Scamming takes 2 people, the scammer and the one being scammed. abusing a glitch takes only 1 person. Not abusing that glitch was like seeing $500 on the ground, and just walking past it.....

ofc i didn't get to do that, but ijs i understand y people did, but pwi still don't blame themselves, they blame the players
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    snupitz wrote: »
    Great job PWI! Release such a epic code, dont TESTit before release and blame the players who r online when they "abuse" this code. And may some dont would abused it if u had delete the message on the reedem site like " come back in 10 min and try the code again " b:laugh Maybe next time u should TEST ur codes before release! Isnt only the players fault if u make such a unique code MULTIPLE usable its hard for everyone to resist! So have fun with bann hundred of players and see the servers empty b:laugh

Getting real tired of having to quote this;
    No, you're wrong. You're not listening to her. She's right.

The code was released and programmed to only be redeemable once per account. Before the page broke, it was. Everyone was getting "This code has already been redeemed" and QQing because people later were getting more. The 10 minutes was after the page completely broke, and before it completely stopped coming up. There were that many codes being redeemed at once, so many people trying to get onto that page or constantly refreshing it, whether they knew what they were doing or not, that the system no longer recognised the code as once per account. Because there were accounts redeeming it 12 times. The system no longer recognised the code's full program.

Which is also how some people who redeemed it only got 1 orb, or 2 or no orbs but everything else. The system quit. it packed up it's cubicle and went to Macedonia. Somehow, I don't think it's coming back for a long time, if ever.

That 10 minute code is default HTML for the page itself. It appears for all codes entered.
  • snupitz
    snupitz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ohh right also its the players fault that the site broke up?! Nice! And if the site broke up by used from some players why they dont send it by mail like on archo server? Every other low game can do it and PWI a big company getting trouble with it? hum
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Scamming takes 2 people, the scammer and the one being scammed. abusing a glitch takes only 1 person. Not abusing that glitch was like seeing $500 on the ground, and just walking past it.....

ofc i didn't get to do that, but ijs i understand y people did, but pwi still don't blame themselves, they blame the players

I agree about your 500$ analogy. You cannot expect people not to do it. I dont think however that PWI does not blame themselves. It is however the players (most likely those who wish they could have abused something but didnt get the chance) who shout for a lynch party.

Imagine yourself being in PWI position. Even though you know its your error, I probably would try to keep the angry hordes at bay by saying you will punish the abusers. Then i would give them a nice 1 week ban because indeed a really long ban would be injustice.

I do think however that if possible they should take back excessive amounts of dorbs from the most succesfull abusers. Degrade their equipment stuff like that.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • MYSTERIOUSN - Raging Tide
    MYSTERIOUSN - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    UPDATE (11.25.13)

Questions and Answers

What is the punishment for players who blatantly abused the compensation code?

They will be banned.

I heard from Customer Service tickets that you are only banning players who are from Archosaur. Is this true?

No, I was confused about this when I heard about it. The customer service representatives were mis-informed on the punishment issue, and we're making sure everyone is now on the same page. We're banning players who abused the code no matter the server they are from.

What about the "targeted" compensation efforts for Archosaur only? Is that still happening?

Yes. We are getting everything set up now and verifying that it will go smoothly before we start sending in-game items to players on Archosaur. You can expect yours within the week.

Why is it Archosaur only now, and not all servers, as it was initially, when I missed my chance at the code?

First and foremost, Archosaur players were the ones we've wanted to make sure were compensated for the rollback, to the best of our ability. It was because of the rollback that we started focusing on a compensation campaign. We have 5x EXP going on for Archosaur, something we've never done before, as well as 2x EXP/SP/Drops AND Coin for all servers (also new).

Players on Archosaur now have the opportunity to gain more experience, spirit, drops, etc than they could have during the 3 days lost from the rollback, as these modifiers will be lasting into the next month. All servers were included in this decision because we wanted everyone to feel compensated for November's server connectivity issues as a whole.

(The initial compensation code for 5x HyperEXP Stones is now available for everyone: 3HTYJKE)

Following these initial actions, we still thought that for a rollback, our actions were not great enough. Many players lost refinement and thus power during the rollback, and so giving more exp/sp/drops/coins if you play wouldn't resolve their complaint.

Thus we came up with the compensation code that we all now are aware of.
    Unfortunately, because of it's abuse we've had to cancel the cross-server compensation and refocus back on the initial goal of compensating Archosaur Rollback players.

Is there anything I can receive right now?

We've re-activated the initial compensation code that gives out 5x Hyper EXP Stones to players. It can be used once per account until NOVEMBER 30th

You can redeem it here once per account until NOVEMBER 30th : 3HTYJKE

There is no shouting with this one...

-DoD

Mod edit because it appears people refuse to scroll down enough to read:
    UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

^This is the reason why the code is saying it has expired when you try to enter it!

Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

UPDATE (11.22.13):
    Here is what I was able to get:

- We will not be rolling back the servers.

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or world chat.

This is the reason why there will not be a rollback.
    So when are the people gonna get banned for it? I got one code, but was gonna try to get it on my other 2 accounts. cause it said ONE PER ACCOUNT, but I missed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] TTFN! b:chuckle
  • rose1111111
    rose1111111 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They getting banned for 3 days, just like when they got banned for frost glitch. yahoooo
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013

....Why did your quote change my name to WannaBM o.o......weird....

It all comes down to what the person knows is wrong or right. If you see $500 on the ground you should be turning it into a police station, not taking something that's not rightfully yours.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You know it actually happened recently in a town near me. They were destroying a building and there was a hidden stash of money. So the notes were flying all over the place.

Needless to say, those who were around took what they could take.

The police asked to turn in the money.

Needless to say, noone did.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Ohh right also its the players fault that the site broke up?! Nice! And if the site broke up by used from some players why they dont send it by mail like on archo server? Every other low game can do it and PWI a big company getting trouble with it? hum

No where did she say it was the player's fault. There was a giant influx of traffic into the page, much more than PWI expected when they posted the code at that time, that the page went into meltdown and lagged like a mudda trucker.

What is there? Like 8 or 9 servers? let's just set up this mail system for that many players..... It's not feasible. It was much more sensible at the time to just make it a code. Like they always have done in the past. Unfortunately it backfired. But things happen, you (eventually) accept they happened and you move on.
  • Fici - Archosaur
    Fici - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You should be getting in game mail, each containing 1 ocean orb. Nobody knows how many mails we getting, I`m more and more certain the software is on loop and is gonna keep mailing em till manually stopped.

oh.. Well i hope we get those orbs.. I wish that They Won't do that rollback again...
    f:worry
  • snupitz
    edited November 2013

What is there? Like 8 or 9 servers? let's just set up this mail system for that many players..... It's not feasible. It was much more sensible at the time to just make it a code. Like they always have done in the past. Unfortunately it backfired. But things happen, you (eventually) accept they happened and you move on.

Lol u getting tons of spamm mails from PWI but they cant send a mail to every player? I dont hink so. They got every E-mail from us. just put a message with code in select every E-mail and press send wheres the problem?
  • tsamorodriguez1
    tsamorodriguez1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, PWI's final effort falls far short of my expectations. After 5 years of fun and having spent thousands on this game indulging my pack additions and preference for end game character's, my already diminishing faith in this company is totally gone. It isn't solely about the latest fiasco anymore (I received my compensation pack on each account), it's knowing how limited PWI is, in terms of dealing with issues. After 5 years, the responses are still the same and each time the game dies a little more with more and more looking elsewhere and less new players filling the void. Its been an interesting ride but it's time to move on and see what other games have to offer.

Enjoy the game for what it is and if not, remember there are many other options out there.
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wondering whats gonna happen to you Shes? b:chuckle
    jk jk

you know - if they give me 100 orbs they can ban me for 3 months idc b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Lol u getting tons of spamm mails from PWI but they cant send a mail to every player? I dont hink so. They got every E-mail from us. just put a message with code in select every E-mail and press send wheres the problem?

E-Mail is different. It sounded like you meant in-game mail. I'm sorry.
  • shopnstop
    shopnstop Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    so you are telling me that since greedy people lagged the server making it impossible to redeem the code even once... that i should take 5 hypers and be happy while other people who were lucky enough to be able to access the site enjoy the original holiday pack? where is the justice? lol b:angry
  • snupitz
    edited November 2013
    E-Mail is different. It sounded like you meant in-game mail. I'm sorry.

No problem. Im sorry for raging but i cant understand it rly such a big company wit rly good games and PWI made the company soooo big and it feels like they drop it like s... And i rly cant blame the player who abused this code cuz i think i would do it too if i would be online. PWI crushed almost everything u could made money ingame and then they release the uniquest code ever ...
  • OverSlept - Harshlands
    OverSlept - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So others who weren`t able to use the code won`t get anything? That`s still around 500 mil what some players save who got 9 orbs, they won`t get banned because complaining about server lag, internet lag or what ever.
  • darkgrimm
    darkgrimm Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sorry to say i am a bit disappointed with this decision to a point. banning the people i can see but since there are alot that didn't get to use the code. you are leaving the orbs to those that get them and sticking me and others with hyper stones. WOW extra exp instead of a piece of gear to +10 since most of my gear is +7 now. Making it more of a insult to me and prolly others. The code for the hypers i can not use now so i guess i am gonna have to rethink a new game or not. Sadly i left game 5 years ago to come to this one and i feel like since i did not cheat i just bend over and left you dish it to me. thank you very much
  • Playful - Harshlands
    Playful - Harshlands Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    so PWI just said Shut up here 5 hyper stones NOW BE HAPPY b:laugh and p.s NO SOUP FOR YOU
  • Zenzoa - Sanctuary
    Zenzoa - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Haha.. this is just funny.
    They can keep their 5 hypers.. still got 100 of those non-tradable in banker from all the other 'great' rewards b:thanks

Bit dissapointed in pwi again... but we already knew it was going to be like this.
    Those abusers get banned for a few days... keep their refinements.. and we (the ones that got nothing) should be happy with 1 hour of a little bit more exp. b:laugh
  • OverSlept - Harshlands
    OverSlept - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Looks like will have to think about new game too. I am already not very satisfied about NW,TW event times, most of them are at 3 am, because im from Europe, however GM said they will work something out about event times, but it`s already been a year and nothing has changed. More and more it seems they are not working for player interests, but to keep them they will have to. After this orb glitch, there is no difference on playing here or private server.
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Le blue this time. I love how you used the "le red."

Le Blue 1: My main point is that I don't care about certain players who abused the code (they will get banned anyways), but the fact that many people were able to get a minimum of 3 orbs (150m worth!) while others get stuck with 5 hyper exp stones....like c'mon 500k versus 150 mil. I have noticed others have complained about this as well on this thread though.

Le Blue 2: Honestly if I were PWE I would seriously sue PW China for the quality of the game they have provided. If PWE is indeed a separate company who have no legal rights to change the coding of the game (like franchising laws disallows), I would seriously force them to provide me with a quality game because I'm sure as hell PW China is making money off of this shet.

Le Blue 3: If you noticed that I'm from the server Harshlands, although also a east-coast server we suffered NOTHING at all from PWI. So in a sense we absolutely do not deserve ANY compensation at all yet we got it, and a lot of our players abused it (someone actually got 50+ and refined their gear all to +11, hope they get perma' banned.) Harshlands deserved nothing from this compensation, yet we got and many players exploited and that fact pisses me off. There is a mixed crowd of players here from a range of east to west coast players so many of us got screwed while we were asleep. So yea, thanks PWI for their offer but we would have much liked you to do it WITHOUT **** up.

Also, I was using Le Red because I have absolutely no idea how to use this forum. b:surrender
  • swapneelk
    swapneelk Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hmm i cant use the Hyper Code for my account i had used it on when it was released before when the compensation efforts started probably this is due to the same code released again please give a new code -.-
  • Peterpeterm - Raging Tide
    Peterpeterm - Raging Tide Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What is the punishment for players who blatantly abused the compensation code?

They will be banned.

Banned for how long? or Perm?
    Also the abuse is considered what? some people got 9 orbs...doesn't seem like a lot but heck thats worth $400b:cry
  • FallenEvWolf - Dreamweaver
    FallenEvWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You really think a 500k worth gift will make up for this?

Disappointing, but I sort of knew it would be a case of 'Here have some hypers now shut up'. :/

Why in the hell couldnt you have just in game mailed people their damn gift automatically? Why redeem a stupid code that's likely to mess up?

EDIT: I've also noticed the Hyper code is OLD! The one from last week/week before :/ Not even a new code for all this extended **** we had to deal with.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Also, I was using Le Red because I have absolutely no idea how to use this forum. b:surrender

When quoting he just used the color tags to differentiate his opinion from the original post while writing his thoughts down within the quote tags. It would look similar to this:
    [quote ]Original text here. 
    [color=red ]his opinion here.[/color][/quote] Insert words for min character limit

Depending on how often he wanted to comment, naturally, there may be more or less times where he'd be placing his opinion there. Also the extra spaces in the brackets wouldn't be there.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Chakarakka - Archosaur
    Chakarakka - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And the QQ fest continues. Seems they're taking player advice and mailing everyone items from the codes individually through in-game mail. I've gotten 2 orbs on each account so far in in-game mail about an hour or two inbetween each other. Idc. My only real complaint is the system message spam. Holy tacos that alone gives me a migraine haha.b:surrender
  • midrissi
    midrissi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    But will there will be another code?! Not hyper stone, actual code with all the goodies that some people weren't able to get at all?!

I don't care about orbs, I want 2 event gold cards and charm.... b:cry b:cry b:cry
  • bruchy91
    bruchy91 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    really?..... 5 hypers to compensate for stuff worth 300m +?...
  • pimplantern
    pimplantern Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So...what they are saying is Who got 3orbs and the rest of iteams gets to keep them but who dident got dont gets nothing exept a slap in the face? Oh and the code for 5 hypers is old b:laugh wdf pwi....
    Stop giveing crack to u're staff members. b:angry
This discussion has been closed.