What is the PWI player community going to next?

Options
ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
MODS - Please do not send this to oblivion. This thread is not another vent about the Ocean Orbs but a course of action to get the player community to reject PWI response and receive fair compensation for their (PWI) mishandling of the Ocean Orbs code.

So it appears PWI is only going to compensate the Archosaur server only for those players that did not get to redeem the compensation code. All the other servers tough luck too bad. Basically, PWI is saying that they don't really care you got nothing and it's perfectly fine that an error ON PWI'S PART has allow your co-players the opportunity to take advantage of this multi-billion coin giveaway.

Think about it just how hard is it for a R9rr+12 or higher to farm a full set of T3 apply the freely given Ocean Orbs and rack in the profits. Maybe use the tishas trying for +12 knowing that if at anytime they failed they can easily recover back to +10.

So as the title asks, what are you going to do? How will you respond? Do you quit the game? That is always an option but let me suggest something different first.

A loud voice can be heard, a united voice can be heard better, but and loud and united voice will hear us all the way back to the People Republic.

So, PWI will ignore this issue (and any future issue) doing nothing to correct it and counting on the player community to accept this poor customer service. BUT THE BIGGEST THING PWI AND FOR A GREATER PART PWE AS A WHOLE IS COUNTING ON, is that the player community cannot and will not unite to make a protest to PWE AS A WHOLE IS COUNTING ON, is that the player community cannot and will not unite to make a protest to PWE
Post edited by ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide on

Comments

• ThaSpectre - Archosaur
    ThaSpectre - Archosaur Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    f:stare To be honest it's not that big of a deal... it happened, and mistakes are going to happen because a game let alone an MMO is a fragile thing.
    They've reached out and made an effort to compensate us and they apologized.
    What more do you want?
    Free R9?
    I don't understand what more the people want from PWE.
    My character is still in tact, my gear has not disappeared, i still have my friends who i play with.
    So whats the big deal?
    People need to calm down and forgive, its not some revolution...
    Seeker-A dominant warrior who deftly manipulates a colossal blade; his sword skills are a sight to behold.

[SIGPIC]http://i41.tinypic.com/nya1j6.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Fishlips - Harshlands
    Fishlips - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I will keep playing like there is nothing wrong..... and hope for best on the new exp and new armor ( hope)b:bye
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Continue playing.

Also:
    >Not playing on "another" server during ****storms
    >2010+3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    Options
    f:stare To be honest it's not that big of a deal... it happened, and mistakes are going to happen because a game let alone an MMO is a fragile thing.
    What more do you want?
    Free R9?
    My character is still in tact, my gear has not disappeared, i still have my friends who i play with.
    So whats the big deal?

And that is fine for those that play on Archosaur, but what about the other servers? Contray to PWI's "offical" statement about the distribution of Ocean Orbs we all saw the billions worth of coins pouring in to the servers. Is it fair that players that worked to where they are gearwise are left behind because other players got Ocean Orbs doing nothing get to leap ahead? Is it fair that players that are already R9rr+12 can use these Orbs to sell T3 with refines to double or triple their profits because of this? Is it faier that +10 players can refine without fear of failure because of this while many other cannot?

No, I'm not asking for free R9. I'm not asking for an excessive number of Orbs. I am asking that those player that got nothing and appears will get nothing except for Archosaur get the basic compensation that was announced.
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Done, keep it on guys.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    the other servers deal with it too. I know pple who got 20-50 but no its not a big deal. Because thats only a few handful of people. Odds are that if these guys are relying on free orbs to get a huge boost, their too poor to afford decent shards. This whole thing reminds me of some incompetent 3rd world countries that ask for more when free aid is given to them and gripe and moan if any sort of mistake is made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SyIver - Dreamweaver
    SyIver - Dreamweaver Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'm only waithing now for an officialy response in how they deal'ed with who abused the code and what will do to make it fair again. If it wont please me theyr actions i'l say a big F.U.C.K. U P.W.I. and quit this stupid game.
    I dont know how they dare to say only arch server got affected by this...How dumb and blind they think we are?
  • Raygan - Sanctuary
    Raygan - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I received my official cookie cutter response from them today and plan on continuing to open tickets until something is done or they ban me because I agree it is unfair that many of us missed out on a huge reward because THEY cut it short because SOME people abused it. It never should have even gone to all servers in the first place. I will not be playing PWI much longer if nothing is done. After 5 years and 0 help from pwi as far as real support and solutions, between this and ARC, unless something is done I plan on being a pain to them too.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    Options
    A large part of the reason we have such huge issues with PWI is because of the way the game itself is managed.

PWE basically leases the software from Wanmei. PWE owns the hardware, but all the changes to code, the maintenance, and control of the software is done my Wanmei developers.

So something like what's happened, happens, and the PWE dev's are very limited in what they can do to resolve the issue. They are unable to make any changes to the software on the servers, so any configuration changes have to go through Wanmei. (I documented a similar process recently here.)

Also, if you read the ToS, we should consider ourselves lucky PWE has offered any compensation at all, and they've stated that more is to come, they are still looking at options. (I posted some details in the sticky thread, but don't feel like searching for it atm.)

The Community will do what it always does. People will complain, some will leave and come back in a year or so, but overall, it really has little to no impact. The game is already in a steady decline, this has just pushed it a little bit further for one server.

Personally, Archosaur could be merged into another server that shares the same name Database. (Off the top of my head, that would be either Sanctuary, or Harshlands.) Though really we should see how the new expansion affects server populations first. We'll have some old faces return, and probably a minor influx of new people.

Overall though, I'd be willing to bet that, come January, you won't be able to see much of a difference at all in the Community.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HarleyDaviso - Raging Tide
    HarleyDaviso - Raging Tide Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    people who farm hard and work hard and put some money into the game, but can't afford a lot, who were not able to take advantage of this offer, have ever right to be upset.

I do understand that this offer was done out of the willingness to be good. Unfortunately people take advantage of this and that is a problem, not PWI's fault, but a problem.

I would suggest allowing people to submit tickets that did not receive this, and giving them a code that is redeemable only one time.

Bigger then any one not receiving them, would be those that blatantly abused the system must be dealt with, and not dragoon dealt with, but really dealt with.

The very last resort, which would still not have some people get over it, but may others, is to have a huge black Friday Dragon Orb +10 sale, but even then I would so the above where people submit a ticket if they want the compensation and did not receive it, and generate codes that work 1 time for those people.
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    pw community is going to start to send tickets till the people who didn t got any orbs get them b:angry
  • Myisho - Dreamweaver
    Myisho - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    We will not be rolling back the servers, instead we will be rolling out a compensation effort targeting the players who were specifically affected by the issue on Archosaur. For users on other servers, there will be no additional codes or compensation offered.

from pwi support tough luck if you missed out we don't care but plz spend more coin on black friday sales thx
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'm kinda waiting to see how the expansion turns out and that will be my deciding factor.
    I am quite angry about the last code glitch event but I already knew the outcome won't be something that I (and the majority of the player base probably) will like.
    However right now I'm mostly annoyed for the charge reward points I never received despite spending gold (a good amount of it too) and the customer support not being very helpful on the matter (mostly getting answers about how the rewards work - I already know that) so meh.

I don't know about quitting but a very long break will probably occur if the expansion is crappy.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • captainr
    captainr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    What more do you want?
    Free R9?
    So whats the big deal?

the deal is all the ppl that are now useless or far bihind their friends despite the hundres if not thousand of dollars and hours spent it might just be time for every one to move on pwe had to hold back huge on a couple newer games so as not to completley kill pwi well i think those other games deserve a chance.
    i know some one at pwe has been reprimanded and ive been racking my brain for a truely feasble save to pwi best i could come up w it a +10 free for all for little while then push forward the relaese of the new gear as most will need reshard/refine all over it will ** the +10 =11 +12 orb markets BUT might enhance the +1 - +9 market
    the real prob seem to be the cost of saving the game and player base vs the profitability of pwi. sry to say that even w all the new players im not convinced the game was making any real money any more.
    i didnt want to be left behind in gear was hard enough staying competitive for tw nw the main reasons i played.
    now every five mins i hear about how happy some one is including friends about what they got outa this. i didnt want to quit but i cant even log any more never csing again for sure. and as sad as it was this game was a major part of my social life along w many others.
    sux to feel like u been kicked outa the game by this.
    the lack of grammar only show the unintelligent, that the poster them-self is unintelligent. :) You are able to spell very well, good for you b:pleased
  • Aroral - Sanctuary
    Aroral - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Might I suggest:

-nope you may not-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KenNoHime - Lost City
    KenNoHime - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    A large part of the reason we have such huge issues with PWI is because of the way the game itself is managed.

PWE basically leases the software from Wanmei. PWE owns the hardware, but all the changes to code, the maintenance, and control of the software is done my Wanmei developers.

So something like what's happened, happens, and the PWE dev's are very limited in what they can do to resolve the issue. They are unable to make any changes to the software on the servers, so any configuration changes have to go through Wanmei. (I documented a similar process recently here.)

Also, if you read the ToS, we should consider ourselves lucky PWE has offered any compensation at all, and they've stated that more is to come, they are still looking at options. (I posted some details in the sticky thread, but don't feel like searching for it atm.)

The Community will do what it always does. People will complain, some will leave and come back in a year or so, but overall, it really has little to no impact. The game is already in a steady decline, this has just pushed it a little bit further for one server.

Personally, Archosaur could be merged into another server that shares the same name Database. (Off the top of my head, that would be either Sanctuary, or Harshlands.) Though really we should see how the new expansion affects server populations first. We'll have some old faces return, and probably a minor influx of new people.

Overall though, I'd be willing to bet that, come January, you won't be able to see much of a difference at all in the Community.

Well 1st I'd like to say I like your sig xD It's so true. Next thing is that you are right. PWE is only leasing the software from Wanmei, but if you check out the chinese servers then you'll soon see that they are quite nice. (I think so atleast.) Things like "Anti Bot Questions" and such are really usefull. Also some other stuff that was implemented in the chinese version, that we never got. (Housing, new models for R9 3rd that look badass and such. Minor thing maybe, but well you get my drift.)

The biggest problem is, that ever since live chat support was shut down and that "knowledge database" that suggests me solutions for different PWE games when I clearly state my problem is in PWI, the customer support has been going downhill. I think that's sad because PWI is actually a great game. It has potential, but ** ups like this will only enrage the community more. I on my part will simply see where this is going for now and not spend a single dollar on the game anymore.

And all the refining hussle is no short of embarassing to be sure. I myself have an R9+10 sin. (Weapon only) and several other 10x. But I kinda like my seeker (almost full NV 3rd with not even +5) better. Also all this "gear" **** I keep hearing about like "Full WS LFM full R9..."

Pleeeeaaassssee.... I have seen R9 ppl fail their pavs loads of times. (NV 1st cast psy does metal w/o a problem with only +3 refines but barely anyone would invite because of low refines/cast)

So what do I think about all of this:

PWE fkd up, true, and I will not CS anymore, but I am quite certain that ppl that got +10 and have no skill whatsoever will still he pushovers, even if a little harder pushovers.
  • Itamio - Lost City
    Itamio - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Might I suggest:

-no you may not-

It's always been like that. For a while it was really crazy because even lol was censored due to the abbreviation meaning -a thing-.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Guys and Gals,

Let's stay focused and start at the ticketing system. I've supplied the text all you need to do is copy and paste as well as reject their cookie cutter response.

I've worked in many datacenter and dealt with a variety of support ticket system. While they do allow for a mass close option it take reasonable amount of work to accomplish. Also, any support ticket system worth anything will email the support team notifications that a ticket has been open and in their queue. Trust me, their email system is getting a workout along with the support ticket system.

I give them a week, maybe two, before they put a filter in place to immediate close these tickets. At that point we escalate to PHASE II.

In the meantime do not stop fanning the flame of dissention. This is unacceptable and if Corporate is unaware they will soon be. I'm not going to stop until there is an acceptable solution.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Merge with Sanc pl0x, that is all.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    Noxioua - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Guys and Gals,

Let's stay focused and start at the ticketing system. I've supplied the text all you need to do is copy and paste as well as reject their cookie cutter response.

Lets not. Because then those who have account issues and whatnot will be waiting even longer because of people trying to start a revolution.

I've worked in many datacenter and dealt with a variety of support ticket system. While they do allow for a mass close option it take reasonable amount of work to accomplish. Also, any support ticket system worth anything will email the support team notifications that a ticket has been open and in their queue. Trust me, their email system is getting a workout along with the support ticket system.

Yes, let's lag their system out so that no one gets a response to their ticket! Great idea.

I give them a week, maybe two, before they put a filter in place to immediate close these tickets. At that point we escalate to PHASE II.

Good luck convincing every single player to go along with this PHASE II you speak of.

In the meantime do not stop fanning the flame of dissention. This is unacceptable and if Corporate is unaware they will soon be. I'm not going to stop until there is an acceptable solution.

I'm pretty sure Corporate is who is telling the GM's what to do and what not to do in regards to this whole situation.

I see red.
  • captainr
    captainr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Might I suggest:

-no you may not-

tryed it. wassent for me just couldnt get into it
    the lack of grammar only show the unintelligent, that the poster them-self is unintelligent. :) You are able to spell very well, good for you b:pleased
    edited November 2013
    Options

I had to go read you sig, and agree. My 92 Barb, DOES have more HP than most 101 Barbs. Hell for that matter, my 85 BM and Seeker has almost twice the HP and does more damage than BM and Seeker 10 levels higher.
  • Surekill - Heavens Tear
    Surekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    players will still lie cheat and steal to get there way to the top and pwi will do nothing about it and its the players who enjoy the game and not what pwi can give us.
    my join date is off by 2 yearsb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • poupousse
    poupousse Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ... This whole thing reminds me of some incompetent 3rd world countries that ask for more when free aid is given to them and gripe and moan if any sort of mistake is made.

Gz, you win a Godwin point b:victory
    Send a ticket to PWE support to claim it b:laugh
  • defenderofdreams
    defenderofdreams Posts: 78
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The compensation efforts were aimed at Archosaur from the start for their rollback. It included other servers due to our want to broaden the initial compensation efforts. Raging Tide, Dreamweaver, and other servers have had various connectivity issues this month. If we were going to help one server, we felt it best to include the rest. However, with the abuse of the compensation code, we've had to rescope our efforts back to the initial goal of Archosaur.

We will still be keeping 2x on in every category, including a new one called coins, for all servers into December. Also, the year is not up, so you can expect many new things coming in December as well.

If you want something right now

We've re-activated the initial compensation code that gives out 5x Hyper EXP Stones to players. It can be used once per account until NOVEMBER 30th

You can redeem it here once per account until NOVEMBER 30th : 3HTYJKE
  • Airmiid - Raging Tide
    Airmiid - Raging Tide Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Because of people thinking like that, saying that it was not a big deal, they keep doing this. IT IS a big deal that some ppl got billions of coins in one night by taking advantage of a glitch. I know that some ppl didn't mean to, but the others who did are now pretending that they didn't know it was once per account. Really?
    What I THINK is: nothing will happen, they'll keep those itens and everyone are already forgetting.
    After spending so much money here, I just decided not to buy zen anymore. That simple. And everyone who is so mad too should do the same. Let someone else pay for this game and wait for the next glitch when they see that they shouldn't have trusted this company.
    I really like you Toy, so dont get me wrong, but either you rq or give up trying to make them do something about this.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The compensation efforts were aimed at Archosaur from the start for their rollback. It included other servers due to our want to broaden the initial compensation efforts. Raging Tide, Dreamweaver, and other servers have had various connectivity issues this month. If we were going to help one server, we felt it best to include the rest. However, with the abuse of the compensation code, we've had to rescope our efforts back to the initial goal of Archosaur.

We will still be keeping 2x on in every category, including a new one called coins, for all servers into December. Also, the year is not up, so you can expect many new things coming in December as well.

If you want something right now

We've re-activated the initial compensation code that gives out 5x Hyper EXP Stones to players. It can be used once per account until NOVEMBER 30th

You can redeem it here once per account until NOVEMBER 30th : 3HTYJKE

Dear CM,

are ppl who abuse the code will only getting ban? for how long? is PWI planning to take out +10 orb, refine from it and event gold card?

Thanks in advance, if you reply this.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Dear CM,

are ppl who abuse the code will only getting ban? for how long? is PWI planning to take out +10 orb, refine from it and event gold card?

Thanks in advance, if you reply this.
    its almost christmas
    be happy for fellow players
    season of goodwill and giving right
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    its almost christmas
    be happy for fellow players
    season of goodwill and giving right

giving rights to who? happy for who?
    edited November 2013
    Options
    giving rights to who? happy for who?
    Happy for anyone, Mrs. Grinch?