Miss.Heavens Tear Pagent

1235»

Comments

• embersolstice
    embersolstice Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Actually, I have to say this bothered me too. Not that I know the person who won, and for all I know they are worthy of the prize. But Miss Congeniality is supposed to be voted for by the contestants after the pageant is over, so that all of the contestants get a chance to know each other. Asking for votes before most of them have even met makes no sense whatsoever. And part of it does have to do with the way the contestants behave during the entire pageant, which they were also unable to experience beforehand.

That's how I always thought it was supposed to be as well. When I cast my vote I did so for someone I've interacted with because I didn't know any of the others to be able to do so. It felt like I was having to give a biased vote as a result, but I suppose biased is better than one made in ignorance.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That's how I always thought it was supposed to be as well. When I cast my vote I did so for someone I've interacted with because I didn't know any of the others to be able to do so. It felt like I was having to give a biased vote as a result, but I suppose biased is better than one made in ignorance.

It was the same for Leranii (from my faction). She was surprised at being asked and didn't know a single person from the list except for one, so she voted for her just because of that. Had the contestants gotten to know each other they would have been able to vote for someone they actually thought fit the title, rather than just choosing a name they vaguely recognized. That is how it should be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • salena469
    salena469 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Dearest Supporters,

The organizers at Miss Heavens Tear appreciate your suggestion and are all very open and welcome to critique, of course, positive critique than can make the event better for all of us.

I am not aware of how many pageants you all have been in but I have participated in a few in RL. In all the pageants I have been in the Casting of votes for Miss Congeniality is placed before the start of any of the competition. A congenial prize or vote isnt wht the dictionary.com states, its rather a vote for whom you think ought to win. It is normally a vote for the person who has been friendly, kind or helped you in anyway.

All delegates names and factions were put on forum so tht the girls, who wanted could have contacted each other. I have on several occasions encouraged fraternizing. In several meetings I asked to delegates to introduce themselves, etc. At this point, it is a vote system.

Everyone is entitled to their vote, its their right as a delegate. Its clearly absurd to try and sway someone's vote. I encourage absolute diplomacy and will never encourage autocracy in any voting system. Each delegate had the time and opportunity to cast a fair vote and a winner was chosen. Anyways... Clearly Miss Congeniality didnt really matter as the top three voted, went to contestants who earned high scores on their preliminary date.
    Please remember I am not perfect, we are all susceptible to be flawed but through practice, perseverance and sincerity we all can strive to make this event better. This is the first event and we would love for many others to take an example and continue to make Heavens Tear and enjoyable place for everyone.

In relation to voting after the pageant- congeniality is a spot in finals it makes no sense to place votes after the show is over.

In relation to a biased vote, that makes no sense, a vote is always a biased picking of the rest. At least you had the opportunity to know someone prior to the show and if you thought she deserved your vote, you ought not feel badly about it. There is no rule stating u must vote for someone u met during the show. In fact there is no rule for voting. Its a democratic right to vote as u wish. The only rule discussed in the meeting, was to cast votes before the start of preliminaries.

In relation to "fit for title", once you have qualified to compete, u are "fit for title", to state other wise without knowing the delegates is not fair. I live by the saying "thou shalt not judge", and that i will not entertain. If the contestant was chosen by her faction, or chose to represent her own faction, then they are "fit for title". Who am I to say otherwise? All the delegates who participated are all respected and earned their way to showcase themselves. I would not ridicule anyone ever. It is simply not in my nature to do so. I learnt the hard way to respect a persons' character and office, despite what your personal feelings towards them are.

In relation to not getting to know each other- some contestants became friends through the show and speak on a daily basis. Some contestants who didn't make it through still contact me to do pwi related events, or just to say a friendly hi. Hence, the fraternizing through out the weeks prior to the event was encouraged, if it was not done, that is up to the person who chose not to show up at meetings, not to participate in mini events, not to be friendly.

In the end, your vote is your vote, you should not have to ever give reasoning to why you voted for someone because its your given right to do so. It is not right to try to force anyone to vote for what you think it right or wrong, it is solely up to the caster.. Remember to practice kindness and don't ever stop having fun.

Please continue to make suggestions,
    Sincerely Yours,
    orchaid
  • WhipperSnapp - Heavens Tear
    WhipperSnapp - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I must say that I do appreciate orchaid's response to some of the comments and suggestions made. I also knew no one in the group of contestants when coming into this pageant. However, with the first meeting we had and the subsequent voting for Miss Congeniality, I had paid attention to the other contestants and made a choice, based on what I saw.

I tend to be very low key and quiet, myself. Not one to generally invite attention. However, when the pageant was announced, my faction wanted me to take part and represent NVS. I am very honored that my faction sees me in this way. And, I intend to do my best for their sake.

I mostly watch and "listen" during the meetings and am guilty of allowing myself to be perceived as not being very sociable. My philosophy however, is pretty much not to idly chatter. It is who I have always been since I was a young child. It suits me, and is likely not something that will change. When I do have something to say, I hope that whatever it is, it is important and will be meaningful to those who hear it. Therefore, for myself and others like myself, I hope that what we do have inside, behind our skin will be recognized by others and appreciated for what it is. We are friendly, caring people, just not outspoken and desirous of the spotlight.

Having said all of that, I do very much appreciate the time and the efforts of our planners of this player sponsored event. It is something fun we can participate in, and gives us the opportunity to meet others and make new friends. As it is the first such event, there will be "bugs" to work out, which will help for future events to develop something great for the future of our Heaven's Tear community. I for one, am having a very good time taking part and "listening" and watching the other participants in this event. Perhaps, if we allow it, this will be something that can draw our community closer together for a strong bond and a great gaming experience for everyone who chooses to play here.

Thank you.f:cute
  • embersolstice
    edited November 2013
    I have one bone of contention and it is in regards to the following comment from orchaid:

In relation to not getting to know each other- some contestants became friends through the show and speak on a daily basis. Some contestants who didn't make it through still contact me to do pwi related events, or just to say a friendly hi. Hence, the fraternizing through out the weeks prior to the event was encouraged, if it was not done, that is up to the person who chose not to show up at meetings, not to participate in mini events, not to be friendly.

You cannot send out mail two hours prior to deciding to have a meeting and expect every single person to be on and available. We are not all on the same timezone and many of us have responsibilities outside of playing a game.

The only reason I was able to go the meeting a week after the first round was because for once I didn't have a ton of things I had to do after work, since I work weekdays and things like doctor's offices aren't open on the weekends. Had it not been for that I wouldn't have known until it was over. As for mini-events, what events? If you're doing things when the bulk of us aren't on how are we to participate? If you're setting things up with short notice, or almost no notice, how are we to participate? You were in pageants, did they do that to you? Give you an hour to be somewhere and who cares if you have work, and if you just happen to miss the message well then its your own fault for 'not being friendly'? Because if so I am very glad I wasn't a girly-girl and my mother wasn't the type to try and force something like that.

It's extremely unfair of you to say its all our fault when you give almost no notice whatsoever before planning something.

I've had fun with it, even if I felt overwhelmed by the fact that, when I went out there was nothing but silence, because no one knew who I was since I'm not from one of the big, well-known factions, and if given enough notice I would participate on other things if they're going on while we wait for everything else to be settled so we can have the semi-finals and finals. However, if my speaking up like this gets me disqualified, then so be it.
  • salena469
    edited November 2013
    Dearest supporters,

I am honestly trying my best to reach out to every one, to make clear grounds and choose the best path for all contestants, factions and people who chose to be a part of the show, even as a viewer/ sideline supporter. However, it is sometimes difficult to understand clearly what some of you are trying to suggest. Please try to make your suggestions clear so that I can try my best to implement such positive feedback in the future.

In relation to meeting messages. I will try my best to mailbox meeting information at least 24 hours prior. That is indeed a great suggestion.

In relation to "mini events, bulk of contestants offline", I am not clear of which meeting you are speaking about. All meetings majority of contestants were present, even if their spot was filled by someone from their faction. Because, the event is about factions the contestant does not standing on their own. One time we did set up a meeting and about 12 people were present, and i put it off for another time when majority of the contestants would be online. Mini-event, We had several riddles and questions asked, first to answer correctly got a coin prize.

In relation to "RL pageants", yes a lot of meetings, events, promotions, media interviews were done on short notice, I do not see the relevance of you stating this "my mother wasn't the type to try and force something like that." I cannot comprehend the positive critique in that entire paragraph, to be honest.

In relation to "Big Well-known factions", I do not see what you are trying to say, when you made it through to the finals when the "Big Well-Known factions", might not have made it through. This is a clear example of the judging being fair and not swayed by crowd suggestions. You earned your way to the finals and you wont be disqualified for voicing your suggestions or concerns. Being a new event we agree there will be lots of bumps and we can only work through them by suggestions from everyone, which we always encouraged.

Pertaining to the "blame" of who is friendly or not, I don't see where I am blaming anyone for anything. I am simply reminding everyone that I did not keep the contestants names a secret. I have World Chatted every time someone signed up their entire name with correct spellings. I Posted everyone names and faction names on the forum. I even World Chatted their names and factions daily. I did not think I had to set up a speed dating or event to introduce everyone. It is not secret who the contestants are. If you chose not to contact anyone, that has nothing to do with me, and it is all on you, for not doing so. Some contestants messaged me and said they made friends for life... I do not know what I could have done to make their names more available for fraternizing? Any suggestions there?

It disturbs me that people speak about their life responsibilities as though no one else has them. It probably seemed that because I have tried to make myself available as much as I could that I don't have life responsibilities. I too have normal jobs, life issues, etc. However, I chose to try to make this event, so I try to keep my promises and do the best that I can. The first preliminary event started a bit late because I had to be at a family funeral and raced home to be at event. With this being said, the event must go on and cannot wait for everyone times to be the same. As you stated, we live in different time zones. However, its a sacrifice we are all making to make this event possible. The Judges, Contestants, Even the audience, has made a sacrifice to participate. One person told me they took a day off, just to be present to see the show. I am not suggesting anyone do such things, however, the date of finals will be given at least a week's notice, so that people can have sufficient time to plan accordingly.

Thank you once again for taking your time to give us such positive feedback, it truly is an honor to hear from you all. I really wish we could continue to reach out to everyone's suggestions and make this a fun event for everyone and as Whipper said, to bring us together and make HT a wonderful place for all of us and encourage future events like these and maybe much better ones.

Best of luck to all the contestants.

Take care of yourself and your loved ones,

orchaid
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    salena469 wrote: »
    Pertaining to the "blame" of who is friendly or not, I don't see where I am blaming anyone for anything. I am simply reminding everyone that I did not keep the contestants names a secret. I have World Chatted every time someone signed up their entire name with correct spellings. I Posted everyone names and faction names on the forum. I even World Chatted their names and factions daily. I did not think I had to set up a speed dating or event to introduce everyone. It is not secret who the contestants are. If you chose not to contact anyone, that has nothing to do with me, and it is all on you, for not doing so. Some contestants messaged me and said they made friends for life... I do not know what I could have done to make their names more available for fraternizing? Any suggestions there?
    We live in the age of entitlement, so no idea why you're surprised you'd have to hold someone's hand and wipe their *** too.

I have virtually no interest in this event (to participate or attend any of the mini events), but I'm still happy you're running it and showing you care more about the game than those who maintain the game.
  • embersolstice
    edited November 2013
    I think we have a bit of miscommunication going on Miss orchaid. >_<

When I said the last meeting, after the first round, I was speaking specifically about the one with the ten finalists that took place when we discussed when we might possibly have the finals round. It would be very much appreciated if you could try to give notice the day before. I know from talking with Khamie that she has had the same problem; she's missed meetings because she didn't know until after the fact. With her I know she's in school and heading towards finals so things are stressed and strained for her at the moment.

When I commented on the mini-events I thought you meant you were doing things in-game randomly, so that was misunderstanding on my part. Also, I never said anything about blame. I just said its unfair to make it sound like we are the only ones who didn't step up. Part of that ties in with the lack of notice, but you're right, names were posted and I am not the only one who didn't reach out to try and talk to any of the others. I honestly didn't expect to go beyond the first round so I just didn't think about randomly whispering someone and hope the other person was on.

What I said about big factions was pretty self explanatory. I stated clearly I felt a bit overwhelmed by the silence when I stepped out, whereas everyone else had a crowd cheering for them, and explained that I am aware that it is because I am an unknown from an unknown faction. It had nothing to do with the judging or anything of the sort. Again that is a bit of miscommunication.

How is reiterating that many of us have responsibilities away from the game and as such the short notices make it difficult to attend meetings implying that no one else has them? I'm confused on that. That just tied in with my comment about the short notice before meetings.

Anyway, I hope this is cleared up at least a little.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So who won this ****?
  • Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So who won this ****?

yeah, my question too. i dont care to read a wall of text about how things were conducted, etc. and i'm too lazy to go looking thru all those walls to find the answer thanks :)
    *insert awesome siggy here*
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Clearly, I won. b:cool

What? Whaaaaaat? D:
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Clearly, I won. b:cool

What? Whaaaaaat? D:

clearly
  • salena469
    edited November 2013
    Dearest Pageant Contestants, Judges, Distinguished Guests and Supporters,

It has come to our attention that several incidents took place during the preliminary events that have caused a review by the Miss Heavens Tear Organizers. We assumed that stating the words "respect and follow direction" would be simple rules that all adults with a clear and simple understanding would be able to abide. Nevertheless, it seems that in every event or situation disregarding rules would simply be chaotic. As a result, the pageant organizers feel strongly that it had been proven that even adults with respect for themselves and everyone around them, with a clear mind and understanding, need rules and regulations as to ensure the proper standards of what is expected of such persons involved are well met. As a result we had a a vote by all contestants and rules have been chosen and voted by contestants.

I would like to kindly remind you all that rules are not here to punish or chastise any of my honorable contestants but rather to keep boundaries to ensure that no one feel victimized or made a mockery of during this event. The event was formulated as one to bring factions together, to showcase abilities outside the norm of battles and divide and conquer. We encourage everyone to come, sit back, enjoy the show, cheer on your favorite contestants but to do so respectfully. As this event can only be fun and enjoyable by respecting everyone, including respect for yourself.

Date and Time

Sunday 24th, November 2013, 3pm server time. Contestants are required to reach on time. No more than 15 minutes grace period is allowed. Failure to comply will be disqualified and a runner up will take their spot.

Persons Names/ Faction Names

Neither persons names nor faction names would be allowed to be mentioned by delegates in a negative way. Failure to comply will result in immediate disqualification.

Messaging

Contestants are allowed to answer questions issued by the Hostess only and would not be allowed to communicate through M.C. unless spoken to. Failure to do so would result in disqualification.

Order

The event cannot be enjoyable by all if order is not met. Contestants are urged to keep their factions under control. If a disruptive faction member is caught 2 messages will be issued. 1. To the person being disruptive. 2. To the faction's contestant involved. Failure to keep order will result in -5 points for each offense.
    Considerations for Disruptive Behavior- Disrespecting contestants/ factions, crossing the stage boundaries, lacking respect for contestants changing area, lacking respect for judging area, lacking respect for Hostess area.

Please continue to share your support and positive feedback, to help us make this event more enjoyable for you. We at Miss Heavens Tear commit to striving to improve the gaming experience for you through efforts to encourage socializing. This event could not be made possible without your kindness and sincere support. We would like to take this time to thank you all and wish you all a safe and enjoyable time.

With lots of love,
    orchaid
  • embersolstice
    edited November 2013
    yeah, my question too. i dont care to read a wall of text about how things were conducted, etc. and i'm too lazy to go looking thru all those walls to find the answer thanks :)

No one, yet. The final leg of it is this Sunday, the 24th.
    edited November 2013
    The event cannot be enjoyable by all if order is not met. Contestants are urged to keep their factions under control. If a disruptive faction member is caught 2 messages will be issued. 1. To the person being disruptive. 2. To the faction's contestant involved. Failure to keep order will result in -5 points for each offense.
    Considerations for Disruptive Behavior- Disrespecting contestants/ factions, crossing the stage boundaries, lacking respect for contestants changing area, lacking respect for judging area, lacking respect for Hostess area.

good luck with this part

*giggles and disappears back onto her fluffy cloud*
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No one, yet. The final leg of it is this Sunday, the 24th.

How long does this contest run and is it going to be continual?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • cupkak305
    cupkak305 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So who won the title, and who placed where in the top 10?
  • GhostHealer - Heavens Tear
    GhostHealer - Heavens Tear Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Order

Everyone knows that one person alone does not speak or act for a faction, therefore the factions delegate should not be penalized. That is not only unfair, but an impossible logical point.

So, are you saying that \/ixxxyn was penalized because someone from Skyline pk'd Justizzle when the competition was over?

And speaking of Justizzle, lowballing a contestant based on personal feelings is a little biased if you ask me.
    But meh, it's over with, and I know your intention were true, and I am happy with who won.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ingrafer - Heavens Tear
    Ingrafer - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What was this about? Doesn't matter, Ingrafer wins! f:fan
  • Odiseea - Heavens Tear
    Odiseea - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Dearest Pageant Contestants, Judges, Distinguished Guests and Supporters,

Date and Time

Sunday 24th, November 2013, 3pm server time. Contestants are required to reach on time. No more than 15 minutes grace period is allowed. Failure to comply will be disqualified and a runner up will take their spot.

With lots of love,
    orchaid

Soooo, if I remember correctly you were talking about transprency and corectitude.... If you keep believing in that will be nice to post the winners and points and stuff. I am quite curious
  • missstaken129
    missstaken129 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Will we ever know who won this?

Id like to see the screenshots to see if this was actually real and legitimate as they said.

Weird that as long as orchaid was replying here, she's no longer even replying to people...

Kinda makes you wonder.

Who won? How were the points process? Judges or anything?

Id like to know soon. Thank you! b:thanks
  • salena469
    edited December 2013
    Scores and placement for top5:
    Based on the 4 Categories (Costume, Swimwear, Casual Wear and EveningGown)

10th- MindFawk (216)
    09th- EmberAshes (228)
    08th- Leranii (261)
    07th- Dlasta (271)
    06th- Lextasie (292)
    05th- \AzureBlue/ (293)
    04th- Jabella (311)
    03rd- xBELLADONAx (312)
    2nd- Khamie (327)
    1st- Aurealiss (330)

The top 5 moved on to the next round and all scores were wiped to 0.
    Based on PWI situational Q&A

5th- xBELLADONAx (73)
    4th- Aurealiss (80)
    3rd- Khamie (83)
    2nd- Jabella (87)
    1st- \AzureBlue/ (94)

The top 3 were selected for the final round and scores were wiped to 0.
    Based on the final question:

To thine own self be true, what does that mean to you?

2nd Runner up Miss Dominus, \AzureBlue/ (81)

1st Runner up Miss DrkRiders, Khamie (87)

Winner Miss Heavens Tear, Miss Nautica, Jabella (95)

Preliminary Prizes: 1m coins
    Miss Congeniality MindFawk
    Miss Photogenic Leranii
    Best Costume Aurealiss
    Best Swimwear Khamie
    Best Casual Wear Lextasie
    Best Evening Gown Dlasta
    Miss Unique xBELLADONAx
    Most Creative EmberAshes
    Miss Elegance Aurealiss
    Miss Smarty Pants xBELLADONAx

Top prizes:
    10th - 6th 1m each
    5th- 3m
    4th- 3m
    2nd runner up 10m
    1st runner up 15m
    Winner 20m+ 100m(faction)+ Queens Tiara

Sincerest Thanks to:

Undefeatd for making this event possible.
    All the judges who took time for event and make it just and fair.
    All the delegates for complying to all the rules and regulations.
    All the supporters for constructive feedback.
    All the stage hands, who helpped with fireworks and making the event brighter.

Special Thanks to the Head Judge, Mentor, Organizer HawtLy
    Special Thanks Judge, Organizer, Rule Mentor AnbuWolf
    Special Thanks Organizer, Mentor, Consultant, Escort Zozun
    Special Thanks Organizer, Support Dracogelu
    Special Thanks All the factions participating,
    Special Thanks to Sponsor, Pageant Coach, Forum Captain orchaid

May the wisdom of our earth continue to guide and bless you all,
    With sincerest love and appreciation for everything you all have done and continue to do with the abundance of love in thine heart,
    I bid you farewell and all the best wishes for you are yours,
    Season greetings
    Sincerely and Loyally yours,
    orchaid