Rollback... Yes or No???

Comments

• JackieK - Harshlands
    JackieK - Harshlands Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bangis2010 wrote: »
    wow really? i though that orb cannot combine with other orb?b:shutupb:shutup

They dont, its the people who got 50+ orbs they refine to +10 use a tisha stone, if it fails they drop to+9 and use another +10 orb and try again if it didnt fail well now they're +11, its like a 1 in 5 chance to refine from 10-11 using a tisha stone, and thats how the people who were already +10 exploited this glitch. By +11-+12ing their gear.
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Considering PWE already stated there will be no rollback, why is this thread/poll not in the Lower Depths? All it does is add to the turmoil of the situation.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Xpattybr - Dreamweaver
    Xpattybr - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes, and not just for those who do not rollback caught and they got well over 1 acc pack, there are people who got 100 orbs, fc do with people and has 80 full +10 orbs to refine the set one and this g16 and injustice, outside events that were ****, full 8x +10 killing hahaha general rollback fast and painless. b:pleased
  • jcln2011
    jcln2011 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The rollback will give credibility to the server, not Rollback will make people feel that there is someone on the server giving opportunities and advantages for certain friends, then this should be corrected immediately, the error must be assumed and the return should be a natural thing.
    People who have benefited are those that are logged daily and are a minority, so the vote of those who want the rollback is larger and not just think only a few are rewarded by a server error, ROLLBACK NOW!

What's more, I came to play in the international due to its credibility, and I see now after this bug many low lvl +12, and how it will be undone without rollback?
    In the rollback will not lose anything, just got back ago, our money back, all back 2 or 3 days ago, as if nothing existed, I do not know why this controversy, out of a private to play here for the credibility, if no rollback I'll go back to private.
  • terryf1968
    terryf1968 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I dont think there should be roll back the GM should take back all orbs and just mail every account 3.
    But then again PWI should just disban this game as on Harshland the harrassment has gone way out hand and seem pwi does nothing about this.The same people do same thing day after day and tickets get sent and nothing hapens. PWI need crack down on this or shut it down.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Obamacare has been an utter disaster, therefore PWI needs to do a rollback to restore honour to the game.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    Obamacare has been an utter disaster, therefore PWI needs to do a rollback to restore honour to the game.

Yes, because one has absolutely everything to do with the other.

I'm beginning to see why you have so much trouble bringing any kind of reality to most of your posts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    I know this hasn't gone that far, but I'd like to say that we should avoid politics right here and now so it stays that way.

I'd rather not have to mass prune or close a thread because of that.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The thing is, I thought the 3 d. orbs would have been AMAZING for the server. Give everyone 3 orbs? Hell yes, it helps gear up the weaker players while doing nothing to help the richer/stronger players. It would have livened up both PVP and TW's.

So I'm not really upset about that. It's the fact that the only thing they ended up doing was making everything even less balanced than it was before. And how do they fix it? But responding the probably the worst way you could respond - letting the abusers off easy while **** everyone else who didn't abuse the code.

All it shows is that very little thought had been given about the situation by the people in charge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Tanthalus - Dreamweaver
    Tanthalus - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013

And how do they fix it? But responding the probably the worst way you could respond - letting the abusers off easy while **** everyone else who didn't abuse the code.

All it shows is that very little thought had been given about the situation by the people in charge.

And you know this how, because there hasn't been divine retribution within the first 2 days? At the weekend?

Believe it or not but not everyone works seven days a week every week, let's see what happens Monday before jumping to rash and ignorant conclusions.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They dont, its the people who got 50+ orbs they refine to +10 use a tisha stone, if it fails they drop to+9 and use another +10 orb and try again if it didnt fail well now they're +11, its like a 1 in 5 chance to refine from 10-11 using a tisha stone, and thats how the people who were already +10 exploited this glitch. By +11-+12ing their gear.
    if you ever used a tisha stone, youll know that +12ing it that way is a huge waste unless your positive on your luck. I know I'm not if i had 50 orbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • tsamorodriguez1
    tsamorodriguez1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It definitely is a waste yet players are more inclined to waste resources such as 30 Dragon Ocean orbs and 1000 event gold if they received them without any sort of cost ie. farming and/or cash shopping.
    edited November 2013
    if you ever used a tisha stone, youll know that +12ing it that way is a huge waste unless your positive on your luck. I know I'm not if i had 50 orbs.
    Yeah, don't know where they got 1-in-5 chance on tisha's. If I remember correctly, (admittedly it's been a while since I looked the the source code, but not that long), a Tisha stone only increases the chance to refine by 10%.

Now, if we take something like, oh say, G16, and we want to get it from +9 to +10..
    Aww snap, now I can't find the chart on it. In any case, it's a pretty low value, something like 5%. Now add 10% to 5% and what do you have? 5.5%, yeah, that's a HUGE increase right?
    Even if Tisha's gave you a 1-in-5 chance, that would be 20%. That would mean that your chance to roll without the Tisha is 18.18%

You can see where Tisha's aren't a huge improvement in odds.
    (If you really want to improve the odds, Tienkangs are the way to go. They add 15% to the refine value, instead of increasing it by 15%. 5% would become 20% and the 18.18% would become 33.18%.)

Admittedly, I may be a little bit off on the numbers because it's been a while since I was poking at the code for this, but I'm not that far off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, don't know where they got 1-in-5 chance on tisha's. If I remember correctly, (admittedly it's been a while since I looked the the source code, but not that long), a Tisha stone only increases the chance to refine by 10%.

Now, if we take something like, oh say, G16, and we want to get it from +9 to +10..
    Aww snap, now I can't find the chart on it. In any case, it's a pretty low value, something like 5%. Now add 10% to 5% and what do you have? 5.5%, yeah, that's a HUGE increase right?
    Even if Tisha's gave you a 1-in-5 chance, that would be 20%. That would mean that your chance to roll without the Tisha is 18.18%

You can see where Tisha's aren't a huge improvement in odds.
    (If you really want to improve the odds, Tienkangs are the way to go. They add 15% to the refine value, instead of increasing it by 15%. 5% would become 20% and the 18.18% would become 33.18%.)

Admittedly, I may be a little bit off on the numbers because it's been a while since I was poking at the code for this, but I'm not that far off.

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Refining#Refining_Without_Dragon_Orbs

15.5% chance to +10->+11 with Tishas, and 8.5% chance to +11->+12.

So, you can reasonably expect to +11 one piece of gear for every 5-6 (6.4-1, since your success doesn't cost an ocean orb) oceans you have.

+12 is slightly more difficult to figure out due to only dropping 1 level when failing. +11->+12 works on average every 1 in 11.67 tries, and when it fails brings you back to +10, where you'll have to use an average of 5.4 oceans to get it back.

As such, you can expect to go +11->+12 on one piece of gear for every 62-63 (62.5) ocean orbs you have.

Don't expect even the biggest exploiters of this to be running around having gone from +10 or even +11 to +12.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Refining#Refining_Without_Dragon_Orbs

15.5% chance to +10->+11 with Tishas, and 8.5% chance to +11->+12.

So, you can reasonably expect to +11 one piece of gear for every 5-6 (6.4-1, since your success doesn't cost an ocean orb) oceans you have.

+12 is slightly more difficult to figure out due to only dropping 1 level when failing. +11->+12 works on average every 1 in 11.67 tries, and when it fails brings you back to +10, where you'll have to use an average of 5.4 oceans to get it back.

As such, you can expect to go +11->+12 on one piece of gear for every 62-63 (62.5) ocean orbs you have.

Don't expect even the biggest exploiters of this to be running around having gone from +10 or even +11 to +12.
    You do realize that those numbers are just estimations right?
    Those charts were also created at a time when 60-80 gear was top-end, and wasn't based on actual server data, but guesstimates on players refining gear repeatedly.
    On top of that, the higher the level the gear is, the lower the chances to refine it are.
    If I weren't headed to bed here, I'd go digging through the server code and give you some exact numbers. (That site does have the correct improvements on the Tisa's and Tienkang's though. That's a set value based on the item.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You do realize that those numbers are just estimations right?
    Those charts were also created at a time when 60-80 gear was top-end, and wasn't based on actual server data, but guesstimates on players refining gear repeatedly.
    On top of that, the higher the level the gear is, the lower the chances to refine it are.
    If I weren't headed to bed here, I'd go digging through the server code and give you some exact numbers.

I certainly don't claim to have access to base refine rates, which are hard-coded (and I'm curious as to how you supposedly got access not just to the server software - which isn't difficult - but to the source code itself...?), but refinement aid bonuses are easy enough to find in elements.data. Tienkangs additively increase refinement chances by 15%, and Tishas additively increase refinement chances by 3.5% (chienkun refinement values are not multipliers of the base rate, but are explicitly specified per-level and the values in the chart, while rounded, are correct).
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Am I seeing this right, that this thread has 231k views in 2 days? Even the main sticky thread about the topic only has 52k and has been out 4 days. Heck, all 8 stickied threads, some that are years old, don't even total up to 231k views.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Am I seeing this right, that this thread has 231k views in 2 days? Even the main sticky thread about the topic only has 52k and has been out 4 days. Heck, all 8 stickied threads, some that are years old, don't even total up to 231k views.

This is the worst thing that has happened to pwi... something needs to be done asap. Sorry but it's either a roll back or enable the code again and let it be abused for like 20 mins for everyone.....
  • sithis010
    sithis010 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    frien bettr than orb. u rollback n ppl quit. so no! be care what wish
  • Raygan - Sanctuary
    Raygan - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is the worst thing that has happened to pwi... something needs to be done asap. Sorry but it's either a roll back or enable the code again and let it be abused for like 20 mins for everyone.....

Long term players have delt with so much bs from PWI so honestly between this and arc, if they DONT roll back the servers I honestly believe it will be the final blow to an already slowly dieing game. Its pretty sad since I have been playing for 5 yrs and its pathetic that pw still can't get its act together. You'd think since this may cause the loss of a lot of paying players pwi would want to keep them happy.
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013

The main sticky actually had 230,763 views as of 11-22-2013, 09:15 PM server time.

... But it there was an accident involving merging it with another thread, so Venus and I had to manually remove the posts from the other thread, remove the poll that got stuck on it, copy the thread to make sure we didn't lose anything, and then replace the threads.

So yeah. Much lower view count than it actually was meant to have.
  • Keileena_PL - Harshlands
    Keileena_PL - Harshlands Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    The main sticky actually had 230,763 views as of 11-22-2013, 09:15 PM server time.

... But it there was an accident involving merging it with another thread, so Venus and I had to manually remove the posts from the other thread, remove the poll that got stuck on it, copy the thread to make sure we didn't lose anything, and then replace the threads.

So yeah. Much lower view count than it actually was meant to have.

Yah, like ''actually there wasn't a lot of players who got more than 3 orbs :D'' or ''your video was in wrong section'', and the Final Compensation - For All (11.22.13 Updated) Thread doesnt have 4k replies. We just missing our glasses!
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    Noxioua - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yah, like ''actually there wasn't a lot of players who got more than 3 orbs :D'' or ''your video was in wrong section'', and the Final Compensation - For All (11.22.13 Updated) Thread doesnt have 4k replies. We just missing our glasses!

In the event you're being sarcastic you can stop. Kossy is right.
    edited November 2013
    Ow, I'm just saying the thruth right?
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    Noxioua - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ow, I'm just saying the thruth right?

Eh, not really though. As someone who was watched that post since it's arrival, and was on for the thread merge with this one, I know she's telling the truth.

I was Darth Venus' booboo.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was for a rollback but anyway, even if GM change their mind, this is now too late
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
    edited November 2013
    Eh, not really though. As someone who was watched that post since it's arrival, and was on for the thread merge with this one, I know she's telling the truth.

I was Darth Venus' booboo.

Let me Quote:

''Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts.''

And yes:

Final Compensation - For All (11.22.13 Updated) Thread doesnt have 4k replies.

It does.

BTW ppl still getting dragon orbs. Can GM's stop it?
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    Does you actually have a point here? At all? Anything?

I mean, I could easily pick apart your statements in it because you aren't being honest in them... but considering they don't seem to even have a point to begin with I don't see a reason to bother...
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Send tickets... and don t stop till the people who didn t got anything at least got a pack.. this is unnaceptable, PW has gone too far with this b:angry
  • kev1961
    kev1961 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I voted yes to roll back I have heard that some people got 2000 +10 orbs this is against PWI`s terms of service .
    I like many others got no reward and I have a char on the arch server
    Roll the game back to a point before the code was issued even if it means that all servers are down.

The only other way to make it all fair is to :-
    1 find out the highest number of +10 orbs any player got
    2 give all players the same number , taking off for the number any player got from PWI`s glitch
    3 issue a reward that can ONLY BE REDEMED ONCE PER ISP ACCOUNT to be given to all servers
    this should be easy for a PUBLICLY LISTED COMPANY like pwi is .