Expansion predictions?

Alphaben - Raging Tide
Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
So...A new expansion (PWI:Horizons) is coming up...

Honestly...I don't think any of it will work properly during the first week, but I'd like to be surprised...

What do you guys and gals think about this?

Do you think it will spawn all those pesky missing NPCs/bosses from the title update?

Do you think the Reincarnation system will be glitched for the first week or so?

Do you believe that merged skills will be better then the originals?

Do You think the notorious spammer known as Duke Blacke will be one of the in-game cards?

Do you think there will be a new race/class? (doubtful but still)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Alphaben - Raging Tide on

Comments

• michaelcolli
    michaelcolli Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    could someone tell me when this expansion is comming?
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Everyone will be getting free 12* orbs due to ''lag'' b:victory
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They haven't announced when yet, but it'll likely be next month since it's on the main site

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1037621
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • michaelcolli
    michaelcolli Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    damn that quick well thanks annywaysb:thanks
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Everyone will be getting free 12* orbs due to ''lag'' b:victory

Damn it someone said it already :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How people will pull a timeline from their *** when they REALLY don't have a clue when the release will happen?

This is what I do know, historically when a release a major release is announce for the China server it take about 3 months to make its way to the US servers. When it is "officially" announced here in the US, again historically, it takes one to two months for the release (mid-December to Mid-January)

Now, if PWI is smart, which in recent events is a debatable topic, they will wait until the first of the year.

However, in light of recent events they will probably release it on the December 17th maintenance window. Just in time for much of its developer and support staff to take the next two weeks off for the holidays.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So...A new expansion (PWI:Horizons) is coming up...

Honestly...I don't think any of it will work properly during the first week, but I'd like to be surprised...

What do you guys and gals think about this?

Do you think it will spawn all those pesky missing NPCs/bosses from the title update?

Maybe. Perhaps some will be fixed, and others won't be. Or they won't be with other dailies also broken (Yea Yoon)

Do you think the Reincarnation system will be glitched for the first week or so?

Nah. Better dust your APS alts for all of the Frost-selling though.

Do you believe that merged skills will be better then the originals?

Reading over some of the upgrades, some classes get neat things, and others are pretty underwhelming. I may not even learn any of the upgrades except Telekinesis as a Psychic.

Do You think the notorious spammer known as Duke Blacke will be one of the in-game cards?

No.

Do you think there will be a new race/class? (doubtful but still)

Definitely no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You can be sure of two things: bugs and people QQing.
    Those always come with updates ;D
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • IshidaUryuu - Raging Tide
    IshidaUryuu - Raging Tide Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They will have more bugs so people can abuse and get the newest gear in 1 minute. Then they going to find another bug on how to stay their current level and reincarnate without having to start at lvl 1.

Oh yeah they going to release Rank 10 and say its compensation for giving everyone 50+ D.Orbs so they can have their gears back at +0 and will have to refine again however they are also going to forget they have loads of bank characters that they are hiding away their 100+ Orbs on.

Bottom line i think its gonna fail hardcore (:
  • Hunt - Raging Tide
    Hunt - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2013

We QQ all the time b:chuckle
    If all QQ threads were in same place, General Discussion would be nice and cleanb:dirty
  • keeperofkeys
    keeperofkeys Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I predict the expansion will not be tested at all before being unleashed upon us.
    There will be bugs and glitches and the servers will crash...all of this will be handled dreadfully by the staff who have no clue what they are doing.

I am scared of this expansion b:sad
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If there's one thing I noticed with every expansion now, Duke Blake always winds up spamming about every single thing again.
  • Itamio - Lost City
    Itamio - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If the rumours about Archosaur studios handling the update is true I'm extremely excited.

If not, we will most likely get unfinished stuff and some of what we already have will be broken.
  • Vennesetiid - Sanctuary
    Vennesetiid - Sanctuary Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lots of TeardropTeardrop.
    edited November 2013
    Lots of TeardropTeardrop.

Expansion time confirmed for refills.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I hope they can introduce the expansion AFTER they fixed the majority of the bug b:surrender.

With the current state of game stability inlcuding archo server, the next update might introduce new bugs, more instability, more crashes and more player quitting.

As I have said many times, PWI must test the news expansion first and fish out the bugs first before introducing it to real life server.
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2013

You mean -more- QQing... :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    If the rumours about Archosaur studios handling the update is true I'm extremely excited.

If not, we will most likely get unfinished stuff and some of what we already have will be broken.
    If the information about the game engine being updated to a newer version of Angelica is true, we'll also get all the people with archaic PC's QQ'ing and raging that they can't play anymore because they refuse to update their 10-year-old equipment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited November 2013

hahahaha i love this reply haha
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    New damage modifier stat That I'm curious about, will it balance out dmg for each classes?
  • Itamio - Lost City
    Itamio - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    New damage modifier stat That I'm curious about, will it balance out dmg for each classes?

I think that was the Spirit or what it was called that works like Slaying and Warding levels but for PvP.

Unless, of course, they decided to break something new.
    edited November 2013
    It's the pvp version of slaying/warding levels.
    There's a thread laying about with a lot of info on it: here
    TL;DR
    The new damage modifier is attached to the new TCG-esque system they're gonna introduce.
    They'll be selling the super-ultra-mega rare and powerful cards in packs, with the lesser ones being somewhat farmable.
    I'll also mention that the cards are untradable over in China, and that the top-rank boutique-only cards are about twice as powerful as the farmable ones; it's a similar gap between NV3 and R9RR.
    Have fun~

Doubtful, especially if they stack with Attack/Defense Levels in a similar manner as PVE Slaying/Warding levels.