Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• faruskas
    faruskas Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    -removed-

'Redeem the code to any character on any server' ..... Why did they said that if the problem was concerning only the Archosaur server?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Um... guys...
    8. No posting of personal conversations or personal information (from IMs or PMs).
    Topics such as these are considered breaches of privacy. Please refrain from posting such items including, but not limited to, email exchanges with GMs, admins, moderators, PWE Customer Service or personal communications with other members.

If you want to summarize, fine. But please don't post the ticket responses.

Also, and in my opinion,
    OPKossy wrote: »
    I wouldn't suggest bothering with a ticket right now. The responses pretty much always suck during and immediately after any sort of major issue. Wait to see how it goes with DoD and hopefully once he gets us more information the support responses will be... not completely useless. >.>

So yeah. Give it til we get the news tomorrow and basically ignore the automated message you're getting from the ticket right now.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • faruskas
    edited November 2013
    Why Do You Remove My Quote? So Now We Are Not Free To Express Our Opinion? If You **** Up At Least Recognize That You Did It And Not Removing Evidence That Point At Your Ineptitude And Unprofessionalims . - Oh Are You Going To Remove This Too?
  • DeathProof - Dreamweaver
    DeathProof - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    faruskas wrote: »
    WHY DO YOU REMOVE MY QUOTE? SO NOW WE ARE NOT FREE TO EXPRESS OUR OPINION? IF YOU **** UP AT LEAST RECOGNIZE THAT YOU DID IT AND NOT REMOVING EVIDENCE THAT POINT AT YOUR INEPTITUDE AND UNPROFESSIONALIMS . - OH ARE YOU GOING TO REMOVE THIS TOO?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    Why Do You Remove My Quote? So Now We Are Not Free To Express Our Opinion? If You **** Up At Least Recognize That You Did It And Not Removing Evidence That Point At Your Ineptitude And Unprofessionalims . - Oh Are You Going To Remove This Too?

I'm going to simply point you to the rules. Do remember that I'm not employed by PWE and do not get paid to moderate. And I should remove that too, as well as a large amount of many posts that have come since this. However, as we're regular players too and have to deal with the same **** as you guys, all of us mods understand why people would be pissed and we're trying to be lenient. Granted considering all the extra **** we have to put up FROM you guys as well (especially the people that seem to think we're employees who can actually do anything) plenty of people have already commented that they're surprised we're so patient.
  • motoor
    motoor Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Are u ****ing serius u deleted my replay i made 1 min ago..WTF
  • faruskas
    edited November 2013
    We are posting into this thread because we (many of us if not all) are really upset with all this mess that created not by us in the first place. Some player took advantage of your ineptitude yes, they did it, THEY DID IT SO WELL, THAT THEY ABUSED IT TO LIMITS NEVER IMAGINED, AND STILL YOU ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING TO BRING A SOLUTION.

so you think we are enjoying this postings like if we were having a day on the park, you better think twice.

Many of us are just waiting to see what moves atre you going to take on monday or during the following days of the week. And many of us will not wait more that, a week.

And many of of US will take drastic meassures if we are not satisfied with the result. So EXPECT A MASSIVE QUITTING after a wee or 2.

thank you -feel free to remove this post too i dont give a F. -
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    motoor wrote: »
    Are u ****ing serius u deleted my replay i made 1 min ago..WTF
    how about you read my posts instead of ranting and raving.

Then you'd see why I have to do what I'm doing and you could make a post that wouldn't need to be deleted.

Or would you prefer I do what I'm supposed to be doing and start handing out infractions and warnings like Halloween candy?
    -snip-
    Read. My. Posts.

After you've read, then come back and talk.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Raging on the forums isn't really going to do anything now. They won't be in the offices until Monday and since they didn't rollback on Friday, I doubt they will do that at all.

Also, don't rage at the mods. They're not GMs. jfc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Raging on the forums isn't really going to do anything now. They won't be in the offices until Monday and since they didn't rollback on Friday, I doubt they will do that at all.

Also, don't rage at the mods. They're not GMs. jfc.

They already stated they will NOT roll back. Just ban.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    We are posting into this thread because we (many of us if not all) are really upset with all this mess that created not by us in the first place. Some player took advantage of your ineptitude yes, they did it, THEY DID IT SO WELL, THAT THEY ABUSED IT TO LIMITS NEVER IMAGINED, AND STILL YOU ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING TO BRING A SOLUTION.

so you think we are enjoying this postings like if we were having a day on the park, you better think twice.

Many of us are just waiting to see what moves atre you going to take on monday or during the following days of the week. And many of us will not wait more that, a week.

And many of of US will take drastic meassures if we are not satisfied with the result. So EXPECT A MASSIVE QUITTING after a wee or 2.

thank you -feel free to remove this post too i dont give a F. -

I think this is exactly how a lot of us feel...most "quitting" polls showed the results at >50% quitting, but we're all mostly waiting to see how PWI handles this. Those that got 5-6+ orbs from this, they might stay awhile and be happy but it comes at the cost of a significant portion of the playerbase.

I'm still running my catshop during this time, and I've noticed a pretty significant decrease in sales of various small things. Packs still sell decently, but that's it. People are logging in, but they're not "playing", basically.

It's funny though that they could have just continued to do absolutely nothing like they've always done, and most people would have been 10x happier b:chuckle. They did decide to do something though, and they messed up majorly, so now they can't ignore the situation.

Sad all around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I'm aware. I'm just pointing it out again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • tribells1
    tribells1 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    and when they'll come at the office on monday, they'll laugh and start counting the money they made over the week-end... do you really thing anyone besides the ops take any look at the forums? it's not first time pwi does it, it won't be the last, and as always there will be no fix - maybe theyll give a double drop weekend or something similar to shut up players who didn't abuse it, or didn't manage to get the code whatsoever because it was taken down, or you really think someone will actually bother looking at all logs, checking who abused, ban them, then fix and re-release the code for the ones who didn't redeem it ? nothing in it for them guys, nothing in it, and they do base it on the simple fact that the rage goes away, someone who played for 2 years, won't give up those two years out of rage...
  • miscarcando
    miscarcando Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    pwi will start a supersale now: dragon orb ocean 5 gold
    they are anyway nothing more worth now lol
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tribells1 wrote: »
    someone who played for 2 years, won't give up those two years out of rage...

Personally I've never had a problem cutting my losses, and perhaps in this case, the only thing PWI can do now is cut their losses. At least they'll know the players left will stick through anything no matter what they do, and they can take advantage of that to earn the money this game needs to keep the servers running.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • tribells1
    edited November 2013
    my point exactly :), they'll just say looook a nice sale for compensation for the honest players, now give us some more money
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    F_M_Joshua - Archosaur Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Alright guys.

Let's make this simple for Kossy. If you have suggestions for her to send her bosses, I'm not saying that she will, but use the following format so that it's easy to read:

Player name:

Suggestions:

What "I" would do (I meaning the player who is writing the suggestion), if this suggestion was implimented regardless or not if "I" suggested it:

What "I" Think my reaction would be to this suggestion if I was wronged by the original problem:

What "I" Think my reaction would be to this suggestion if I had taken advantage of the original problem:

What "I" think the long term effects may be:

What "I" think the short term effects may be:
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can we rage about teh fact "staff" (mods not included obviously atm) are having weekends off and working 9-5 at a point the server, and the game are both falling apart then ??? b:shutup

Lol i got a answer to my ticket and hey guess what they didnt even read what i wrote yet again. Got a "macro" answer that made ZERO sence what so ever.
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    F_M_Joshua - Archosaur Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can we rage about teh fact "staff" (mods not included obviously atm) are having weekends off and working 9-5 at a point the server, and the game are both falling apart then ??? b:shutup

no. no you cannot do this.
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
  • tribells1
    edited November 2013
    Alright guys.

Let's make this simple for Kossy. If you have suggestions for her to send her bosses, I'm not saying that she will, but use the following format so that it's easy to read:

Pretty simple what I would do:
    1) Permaban everyone who abused it ( and really ban them, not just say they do )
    2) Make an average of how many orbs a non-abuser got ( i think anything over 3 orbs it was clearly an abuse, not a mistake )
    3) give 1,2,3 orbs to the ones that didn't get to redeem the code, or where honest and only got 1 or two orbs, so everybody is on par

And yes, I know it's a lot of work but also yes, i am sure it's doable if pwi actually wants to do something about it
  • saber1012
    saber1012 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Yeah sure they gonna ban them some day in the next life time
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Alright guys.

Let's make this simple for DoD. If you have suggestions for her to send her bosses, I'm not saying that she will, but use the following format so that it's easy to read:

Player name:

Suggestions:

What "I" would do (I meaning the player who is writing the suggestion), if this suggestion was implimented regardless or not if "I" suggested it:

What "I" Think my reaction would be to this suggestion if I was wronged by the original problem:

What "I" Think my reaction would be to this suggestion if I had taken advantage of the original problem:

What "I" think the long term effects may be:

What "I" think the short term effects may be:

*fixed.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013

No. Because you can't expect them to work 7 days a week. It's a video game, not a prison or a financial institution. Not even government offices are open 7 days.
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    Quite easy question to be honest ...

WILL THOSE THAT DIDNT GET A CHANCE TO USE THE CODE EVER GET THE CHANCE TO USE IT ? b:surrender
    No. Because you can't expect them to work 7 days a week. It's a video game, not a prison or a financial institution. Not even government offices are open 7 days.

If the place you worked at was falling apart would you be sitting at home or would your boss call you in and spam u untill you make it "operate" at some level ?
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013

I'd rather rage at the fact that their bosses have them understaffed and stretched thin across multiple games. If each game had its own set of dedicated staff members (and possibly even staff rotation since the servers are run 24/7 outside of maint or emergencies but I won't argue that one) we'd probably have much less problems... and much better support and communication when we did run into a problem.

But noooooooooo. Instead we get stressed out worn down people breaking their butts in a 9-5 job where they have to be multitasking for way more than they should reasonably be and then when **** like this happens they have to go through those same execs to get permission to even give us a message about it muchless actually getting anything done. And any extra time they spend dealing with the issues they likely don't get paid for. So they can't even tell their families at home that at least they're getting a nice bonus for having to be away for them so long those times when they stick around far longer than they need to while they try to help us.
  • CrazyButcher - Lost City
    CrazyButcher - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Its easy to check who abused this redeem lag thing... the GM's just need to check the chat log and look for people that has his name more than 3 times receiving the Dragon Orb on world chat... its easy as this...

but i supose nothing will change and no one will be banned... its what happened all the other times... if you consider the past, nothing will change.

now is just wait and see...
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    Its easy to check who abused this redeem lag thing... the GM's just need to check the chat log and look for people that has his name more than 3 times receiving the Dragon Orb on world chat... its easy as this...

Person A clicks once during the lag. They wait patiently and refresh the page once after a gateway time out. The page loads and they do not attempt to enter the code again. Person A then logs on and finds five orbs in their mailbox. This person clearly followed the instructions, did not attempt extra, but still got more than three. Should they be banned for doing what they were supposed to?

According to you, that would be yes.

Also, your solution doesn't account for players on Archo who already had codes for orbs. Those players could very easily have more than three while being completely legitimate. There's a reason why the first post says that they're punishing legitimate abusers and not everyone who was a victim of their page glitching out and got extra without ever meaning to.
  • Fallonswiz - Dreamweaver
    Fallonswiz - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    PWI should offer a buyback of our characters if we no longer wish to play this game
    due to their constant mistakes, not only the programmers, but also PWI mgmt.

They can look at each of our chars, mains and alts, see how much IRL money we have
    spent on this game, and make us a reasonable offer to buy our chars back.

OR roll back the servers, whichever one costs them less.

yeah, yeah, this will never happen, BUT its still my proposal. I am one of the ones who wont make a final decision about continuing to play until I see what PWI will or will not do to correct this mistake.
  • Lix - Momaganon
    Lix - Momaganon Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Person A clicks once during the lag. They wait patiently and refresh the page once after a gateway time out. The page loads and they do not attempt to enter the code again. Person A then logs on and finds five orbs in their mailbox. This person clearly followed the instructions, did not attempt extra, but still got more than three. Should they be banned for doing what they were supposed to?

According to you, that would be yes.

Also, your solution doesn't account for players on Archo who already had codes for orbs. Those players could very easily have more than three while being completely legitimate. There's a reason why the first post says that they're punishing legitimate abusers and not everyone who was a victim of their page glitching out and got extra without ever meaning to.

Yeah, seriously. Of all the things we have to worry about, PWI *over*-punishing glitchers is not one of them.
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    I'd rather rage at the fact that their bosses have them understaffed and stretched thin across multiple games. If each game had its own set of dedicated staff members (and possibly even staff rotation since the servers are run 24/7 outside of maint or emergencies but I won't argue that one) we'd probably have much less problems... and much better support and communication when we did run into a problem.

But noooooooooo. Instead we get stressed out worn down people breaking their butts in a 9-5 job where they have to be multitasking for way more than they should reasonably be and then when **** like this happens they have to go through those same execs to get permission to even give us a message about it muchless actually getting anything done. And any extra time they spend dealing with the issues they likely don't get paid for. So they can't even tell their families at home that at least they're getting a nice bonus for having to be away for them so long those times when they stick around far longer than they need to while they try to help us.

Well ive had such a problem with my staff when my own "boss" wouldnt allow me to get more ppl in and we found a way to solve it. But idk if what i did would help you guys any ...

Not saying its you guys fault but its horribly pathetic =/ . Whoever is in charge should find a way to fix it one way or the other to be honest.
This discussion has been closed.