Old player

Options
Nekuxdesux - Heavens Tear
Nekuxdesux - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
So i haven't actually play played this game in many years. Is it worth coming back to, What's a good/populated server, are veno's still OP with cash shop pets? thanks in advance
Post edited by Nekuxdesux - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• koann
    koann Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    sincerely? No.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    So i haven't actually play played this game in many years. Is it worth coming back to, What's a good/populated server, are veno's still OP with cash shop pets? thanks in advance

No, seriously, run away from this game as fast as you possibly can. Not even gonna sugarcoat it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Agree..it's a huge expense and no venos aren't OP anymore..they're bottom feeders now!
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The forum has always been a gathering of crybabies already and the last week there has been quite a huge drama... So dont expect to read anything to read anything good or objective or well motivated.

That said, i think it is advisable to choose a game as new as your PC can handle. When you join an old game, you enter an economy full of players that have been here for many years and are filthy rich. You cannot expect to compete with them anytime soon unless you are willing to spend 1000s of dollars.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • SABER_X - Raging Tide
    SABER_X - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    things are diff then before now PWI becoming PTW not F2P anymore
  • Nekuxdesux - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2013
    Options
    there has to be more reasons than that
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    Options
    there has to be more reasons than that

I'll give you some off the top of my head.

*Glitchers were able to exploit hundreds of +10 orbs, thousands of event gold, and million of exp + charms while most regular players got nothing in a recent promotion. They got to keep those items in exchange for a 1 month (or less) ban.

*Glitchers got free, instantaneous lvl 105, while regular players had to grind for hundreds of days in phoenix valley and FC just to even get 104. They got to keep those levels in exchange for a 1-week ban (later shortened to 1 day).

*They regularly run promotions where they promise to hand out rewards based on zen spent, but to date very few people have actually gotten those items (in the meantime, they're handing out thousands of free ocean orbs to glitchers).

*They used to have medals of glory in the DQ shop. When they found out those medals could be glitched to be non-bound, they quietly took them out of the shop, thus giving those glitchers 500-1 billion in free coins because of the instantaneous rise in price of medals. Those people were not punished at all.

Do I need to say more? I still have about 5 more examples of this, but these are just the most obvious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The forum has always been a gathering of crybabies already and the last week there has been quite a huge drama... So dont expect to read anything to read anything good or objective or well motivated.

That said, i think it is advisable to choose a game as new as your PC can handle. When you join an old game, you enter an economy full of players that have been here for many years and are filthy rich. You cannot expect to compete with them anytime soon unless you are willing to spend 1000s of dollars.
    I'll give you some off the top of my head.

*Glitchers were able to exploit hundreds of +10 orbs, thousands of event gold, and million of exp + charms while most regular players got nothing in a recent promotion. They got to keep those items in exchange for a 1 month (or less) ban.

*Glitchers got free, instantaneous lvl 105, while regular players had to grind for hundreds of days in phoenix valley and FC just to even get 104. They got to keep those levels in exchange for a 1-week ban (later shortened to 1 day).

*They regularly run promotions where they promise to hand out rewards based on zen spent, but to date very few people have actually gotten those items (in the meantime, they're handing out thousands of free ocean orbs to glitchers).

*They used to have medals of glory in the DQ shop. When they found out those medals could be glitched to be non-bound, they quietly took them out of the shop, thus giving those glitchers 500-1 billion in free coins because of the instantaneous rise in price of medals. Those people were not punished at all.

Do I need to say more? I still have about 5 more examples of this, but these are just the most obvious.

it really doesnt seem to bad. how im seeing it (except for the gold and level part) is just things that wouldnt effect me too much
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    Options
    it really doesnt seem to bad. how im seeing it (except for the gold and level part) is just things that wouldnt effect me too much

Well, if you're willing to play a game where cheating/exploiting is encouraged, while things keep being taken away for regular players (medals is a HUGE example, it increased the cost to get Rank 9 gear by hundreds of real life $$), then feel free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Ignore the QQ; people just can't stop complaining about everything

Let's see

Servers I can't say much. Dreamweaver is fairly drama free and populated but we don't tend to have zero pk (which contributes to the lack of drama)

Venos are VERY OP, not due to pets but due to purge/amp/myriad/chi burn/crush vigor/bewitch + w/e debuffs I missed. A level 20 veno can directly cause the death of an r9rr+12 full jade NW tome by purging it while he's not looking.

People cry and whine about gears 24/7. I say **** them. G16 is perfectly good for mass pvp and OP for PVE and it's less than 200mil.

About orbs, a thimbleful of people managed to abuse the system lag to get a large number of orbs, hardly 30+, but the flow of red text made people think everyone was doing it. In reality a small handful really abused it while the rest just clicked too much in confusion. But of course everyone needs to find a scapegoat to fulfill their inadequacies so suddenly everyone's a witch accuser. Somewhere in here people decided that it was the OP cashers doing it (as opposed to, like, the people who were online at the time). All I saw of it was people +10int their G15 weapons and **** armor and making zero difference in NW the next day, where I got better contrib than usual with a +1 g16 weapon that failed down from +4
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ignore the QQ; people just can't stop complaining about everything

Let's see

Servers I can't say much. Dreamweaver is fairly drama free and populated but we don't tend to have zero pk (which contributes to the lack of drama)

Venos are VERY OP, not due to pets but due to purge/amp/myriad/chi burn/crush vigor/bewitch + w/e debuffs I missed. A level 20 veno can directly cause the death of an r9rr+12 full jade NW tome by purging it while he's not looking.

People cry and whine about gears 24/7. I say **** them. G16 is perfectly good for mass pvp and OP for PVE and it's less than 200mil.

About orbs, a thimbleful of people managed to abuse the system lag to get a large number of orbs, hardly 30+, but the flow of red text made people think everyone was doing it. In reality a small handful really abused it while the rest just clicked too much in confusion. But of course everyone needs to find a scapegoat to fulfill their inadequacies so suddenly everyone's a witch accuser. Somewhere in here people decided that it was the OP cashers doing it (as opposed to, like, the people who were online at the time). All I saw of it was people +10int their G15 weapons and **** armor and making zero difference in NW the next day, where I got better contrib than usual with a +1 g16 weapon that failed down from +4

downloading now. any tips? id prefer something that isnt too slow at leveling but still fun overall
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Eh?

Well now that mas pk is the way to make money rolling a pure vit barb is a very convenient thing to do. You get NW contrib for taking damage and a pure vit barb is incredibly cheap to farm NW with, plus you get easy squads. Downside is leveling solo from 1-80 will suck, lol. DD wise NW is the heaven or psys and archers.

From 21-80 there are new dailies from Jolly Old Jones that let you get ~900k a day. IMO keep a psy or something at that level to farm it.

My first tip would be to practice hotkeying skills because with sub-endgame gear reaction time is crucial.

Level your crafting skills if you want. They are not super important yet.

Join an active lower gear/level faction.

You can get free charms up to level 60 from Harbinger of something Woyn npc.

From 80+ once you've like 20mil saved up from Jolly old Jones dailies (do FC while you save up, and feed exp to genies till you get a good (50/80 at least) genie, but don't wait for it, just level past once you have your leveling funds. Get yourself a set of TT90 and G15 weapon. If you roll a non-psy magic class the TT99 pataka is cheap as dirt to make. That should really cover you for BHes. Work on your armor now. IMO finish your OHT culti for that very nice TT 4-1 belt. Do Morai so that you end up in w/e order has your class's Celestial Skills, which are now available without chrono pages through the Morai instance (95+). Once you finish G15 and G16 gears and get it to a nice refine, you can farm up your sage/demon skills.

The new instance Hidden Dragons' Den gives 4 pages of fate/old book page or some other junk + dropped flyers daily. Find a high tier faction to run it lots. It's easy if you do it right. This should let you farm 1 book every 5-7 days. Do attempt to join a TW fac and don't bother with charm until you're like, +7 armor.

But most of all swim through the nonstop QQ, GL and have fun b:victory
    Channels

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Game has had many changes since you played but the fundamentals are the same.

Assassins are the PVE farming class like Venos used to be. Much of the recent content has been geared to nerf them but they still destroy the older content like Twilight Temple.

If you want to PVP seriously at this late date you'd probably plan on spending some real-life money.

I recommend trying the mystic class it's a lot of fun and wasn't around when you left.
  • /fk - Harshlands22
    /fk - Harshlands22 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I would say that not to join this game due to the horrible company that own it but is a great game and if you like it there is nothing else to say.

Keep in mind that this is not the only company that offer this game.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I still enjoy the game and will honestly probably stick around. It's still up in the air. This last week has been so discouraging it feels like any hard work and effort I put into the game will either be ruined or later be given away by PWE, either intentionally or in a glitch. I've stayed here for years but its a game I stopped recommending to people years ago also because its been in such decline and had so many poorly managed events.

Right now you'll find a lot of whiners who will tell you not to come back, specifically because of the events of this week. What happened was a code was given out for a reward/compensation for poor maintenances, bugs, and because one server had so many issues they needed to roll back. That code was glitchable and dozens of people on each server exploited it to get 80-250 10* orbs (enough to +12 all their gear) and many others loaded up their alt accounts with 30-80 more. There were also charms, apoths, and event gold in the reward packs. PWE was slow to react, decided not to roll back, told us it was very few people who actually did this, and its sounding like they'll get little more than a slap on the hand. 90% of the population will get nothing. So people are very mad right now.

I'd say don't come back because the game has not kept up with its competition, and starting now would mean you are almost 5 years behind everyone else. Cost estimates to be competitive in this game would be about $2000 for gear and another 2-3000 for refine and shards.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yep, ignore the people who say that there's nothing really wrong with the game. They don't really care. In the end, it's your choice, but if you want to be competitive in pvp it's at least a couple thousand dollars, as well as at least 200 hours or so of farming (that's IF you cash shop).

If you do that, you'll still get 1/2 shot by the "big" cash shoppers/exploiters, but you'll still be decently competitive vs most people.

Or go to a private server, get all the gear for free, as well as events/support/pvp/etc, with less glitching/exploiting, as well as a more reliable server uptime (the servers managed by PWI constantly bug out/crash/mini-rollback, as well as being down for 4-8 hours every maintenance, some zones are un-enterable for several hours at random intervals due to server problems).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shaftzsk - Heavens Tear
    Shaftzsk - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It's not worth come back now. Besides everything that was said, we have others things that affect every single player. The last expansion - a small one - came with so many "simple" bugs and bad things that could be fixed fast and easy and still PWE didn't move a inch to fix anything.

Every single thing would affect you, unless you can charge zen all your way to R9s3+10+.

-People with higher gear/refine (and a lot of free Charm's/Event GOLD) can farm easy/fast. The TT economy was kinda of broken. Now it'll be...well, we'll see soon.
    -Now we have 100 skill book on morai stuff, Chrono page: Card/World bosses and Treasure Hunt Quest are done (bosses still worth for perfect stone and other mats).
    -Abba and SoT was revamped, mostly people can't farm books there anymore.
    -They took out coins from RB, no one want to do it anymore.
    -NW map is 10x smaller. Again R9s3+12 does a **** lot more Tokens and under geared people does a lot less than before.
    -TM/FF runs. < Again higher refines and free Charms will affect this too.

/\ This is mostly all the farm thing you can do (endgame) for money. Besides that you can try your lucky with packs (that people don't open anymore, Tokens of best lucky is so expensive that hurts), merchant, or wait for some zen promotion, charge zen and don't get nothing of what PWE said you would receive.

Now we'll have another expansion soon, but we still have a lot of bugs from the last one. The new system will be based on lvl, so people who abused from the FF glitch will be one step ahead again. And of course we'll have new glitch to be abused. (Maybe it's a good time to come back b:victory)

Then you'll farm for months/year so you can afford to buy your gear and PWE will give it for DOZENS of people for free (not only a few like DoD said - yeah PWE we're not blind and you guys are not stupid, everyone knows that was more than just a few). Then people who abused the system will say that the others that play fair has no reason to QQ and PWE will support the abusers like they always do.

You can call this a QQ if you want to. At least I'm here saying what I think without hide myself behind some fake/alt avatar.
    If even after all that was said you think it worth come back, you can take my place, cuz probably I'm one of the ones that will be leaving soon.

(At least I had fun times here practicing my english) b:victory b:bye
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well since you have chosen to download here is what you do...

STEP 1:
    Spend the 3 or 4 days with Jolly Jones, collecting the free coin, completing the easy bounty orders quests, and clicking on the check in title event for Exp and Spirit, while leveling to 71. (Not very hard)

STEP 2:
    Repeat STEP 1 for however long you feel appropriate collecting the free coin, exp, and spirit while keeping yourself under level 80. Your week of "HARD" work will net you:

Between 14% - 42% exp depending on your level and just under 5.5 million in coin.

STEP 3:
    (When ready)
    Spend your hard earned coins and spirit on cheap current level NPC gear, skills, and TM69 runs, then FC runs until Level 100.

PWI in 3 Steps, enjoy.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    any tips for leveling other than the jolly guy(is he in archosaur?) if i were to drop SOME money on the cash shop what would be a good buy? (i dont come play a f2p game without expecting to spend a little) where could i look for a good guild
  • vortexa123
    vortexa123 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If all you are looking at is PvE, THEN:

1. Get as far as you can get and enjoy what little bit of gaming experience you can get without spending any real $

2. At ~level 40-55... Prepare yourself for days and weeks buying FC Heads and Hypers until you reach level 100 (Because you will not likely find any groups in order to complete the quests that open up your higher and higher level skills until ~85+)

3. Wait for the new expansion to come out... So you can repeat steps 1 & 2

4. And again (Being you will be able to reincarnate not once, but TWICE)
    Now you will be ready for 101+ content...

5. Now you can Prepare yourself with at least Rank 8 Recast, Nirvana 3rd Cast, or Rank 9 (Initial Cast to 3rd Cast is acceptable)... OR not get squads easily for endgame PvE content

If you are also looking at PvP content or just PvP Content, THEN:
    Apply all above steps AND :

6. Prepare yourself to now also socket (at ~$40-400 per piece x6 or 7 pieces) AND refine (at ~$40-600 per piece x10 to 12 pieces) AND engrave AND meridian AND god forbid you want a nice fly gear piece or a nice mount or nice fash b:shocked

7. Same as step 2 But now at 100-101+ you need to Prepare yourself for days and weeks and months of buying Hypers and farming FC, Phoenix Valley or grinding till your nutz pop out your eye sockets until you reach level 103+ (105 is the highest you can get)... Not just on your actual level, but on your "Historic Level" (courtesy the new expansion)

** Roll backs, lack of in-game coin sources, lack of customer support, lack of company notice or accountability, the allowance to go eff yourself and maxxed out credit card all included.

I FULLY SUGGEST YOU PLAY THIS GAME! b:cute
    edited November 2013
    Options
    can you go over the "buying FC Heads and Hypers"
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hyper exp = 5 hyper ext stones to grant 12X exp for 1 hour. Buying heads = paying someone to buy a cleared Frostcovered City instance to get to the heads room where you use your hypers to powerlevel. I went to 1-50 on my new BM by paying a sin to let me follow in FCC, for example, and then a few more levels by buying the bigroom as well. However, I am established and I've leveled two BMs before that so it's not really something you should do.

it really is not necessary because you can quest to 80 anyways, and it is important that you do because at this stage you cannot afford to burn un-necessary coin.

First, don't trust idiots that try to lure you into thinking that you need OP gear for PVE. Most of my BHes are done with G15/TT90 people.

Second, consistent 10-11 kills per NW instance with G16+1 bow shows how dumb the people that tell you to cash are.

Third, Re-incarnation is only necessary at 105. In fact, we didn't even get this yet, but people are already crying about it.

If you were to cash, find something that's an easy sell and rising in value. I cannot vouch for other servers but atm. dollar to gold is pretty good, at 1.8mil per gold last I checked. Cashing ~15 bucks will essentially cover your leveling costs. The rest of the coin you can choose to cash or to farm. It is important, however, that you know your class so I suggest questing to 80 and trying out the lower level Pheonix Valley instances for fun and to gauge your abilities.

As for lowbie gear try out the Dreamchaser pack from the Facebook page, which gives the best gear up to TT70.

Don't forget to get your weekly Jones Blessing and Omalley's Blessing for a nice boost to your toon.
    Channels

• vortexa123
    vortexa123 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    can you go over the "buying FC Heads and Hypers"

Of course dear... b:cute

Once you get the "Billboard" quest that teleports you around the main cities, make sure you open up the teleport NPCs at each one (saying you do not already have them)... Especially at Thousand Streams (also known as 1k) city which is located quite to the North-Western portion of the world map. From 1k you make your way North towards Snowy Village (make sure you grab the teleport NPC your first time there too), where you will spend countless hours taking in the lovely scenery and waiting with baited breath for a seller of FC heads

Now, what "Fc heads" is is basically a room which lowbies pay to get into from higher characters... This room is located in Frostcovered City, and thus known as FC or sometimes FCC.

BEFORE YOU GET INTO FC HEADS : You will need to obtain "Hypers"... these are obtained by way of getting Perfect Tokens (through various cash shop packs, but not all packs any more) and heading over to the PW Boutique Agent, under the Gift Exchange or Luck Exchange line... Go to the tab then that is luck I believe... and get yourself 5 Hypers, each consuming 8 or 9 of those Perfect Tokens. So about 40-45 Perfect tokens will get you 1 hour of (and make sure you choose wisely here) X12 Xps b:victory
    You can also buy these Hypers directly from the Cash Shop. And then you just repeat this as needed.

Some tidbits on Hypers. You can put them on pause like 9 or 10 times. They come at the cost of a decrease in xps when not activated for a decent but usually not problematic length of time. You will likely forget when to activate and pause them as you run through FC, and people will likely **** things up at some point which will waste your Hyper time too.

There are groups of creatures and a Boss mob in that room that you will not be able to kill when you first start buying this room. Make sure to talk with the seller to find out if they also offer "Full Service" (killing those creatures and the boss) or you might be wrongfully world chatting about the seller leaving or scamming you, when in fact they sold you what to them was assumed business as usual.

Also in that room is a series of one-shot heads creatures via a quest that the seller can activate (possibly the lowbies can too, so i suggest not talking to the npc there or you will be the most hated character on your server)... these heads are worth a lot of xps, because the seller leaves and everyone at low levels gains even more xps... No matter what class you are, make sure you buy the lowest level bow off an npc or get yourself a dreamchaser pack bow even... get like 10k+ worth of the lowest arrows off a blacksmith npc. Just "Tab" key and auto attack click to kill heads fastest.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ignore the people saying to use FC to level. Just do regular quests, they give a lot more xp than before and you can get to level 80 by doing them easily.
  • Numelle - Raging Tide
    Numelle - Raging Tide Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Buy FC heads after lvl 40 - 50?? Really?

I started FC when I was lvl 80, and I did it in squad. I did buy few times, but mostly I did it with squads. I did all my quests, and I got everything from hard work.

You don't need to CS If you don't want to, but then prepare your self that it will take you a long time to reach end game armor and weapon. And to be honest, it's fun.

Game is good, PVE is fun, PVP is kind of fun (when you are not shooted by R9). But no one, is forcing you to CS, not PWI, not game it self. I did CS couple of times, and I may, or may not do it again in future. And I do it because I wanna speed up the process in to getting something (fash or wathever).

Game is fun, there are glitches, there are bugs, there are scammers, there is everything that you will find in any other game. If you will like playing, nothing is stopping you from trying it.

If you decade to skip FC part of leveling, it will take you longer time to reach 100.

But to be honest, what if in one week you reach lvl 105 (let's say), and you get your endgame gear, with best shards, and refines. And when you reach point when you can get anything you want. Will that still be fun?

Game is fine, people are not. Keep that in mind.
  • Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Why is it people think you "must" be lvl 100 before you've "made it". Seriously quest they've reduced the mob counts on lower quests and increased coin (and thrown in a few quests with ridiculous Coin and EXP reward - plus you can even get a free Platinum HP charm from a hidden quest).

As for "OP toons" you will only ever be an OP toon if you enjoy playing your toon and spend the hours getting to know it and it's skills better.

Contrary to popular rumour - all gears can be farmed in this game you do not need to us RL coin - does it mean lots or grinding & farming yes - but like all things it's a time versus money trade off (O and learn how to merchant early) & Jolly Jones is a great source of income (remember Jolly Jones lives out in the original starter cities).

I can't speak of PvP servers as I only play in PvE ones but PWI is what you make of it and the friends you make along the way, so take your time get to know people, and for the love of PanGu don't power level in FC you will just end up as another undergeared nublet that has nfi how to play their toon or run with a squad. Leveling really is easy with all the changes PWI made in the last few years why line some other players pocket so you can level.

O and prepare to get annoyed with PWI on a frequent basis - they've been making a few boo boos recently
    If
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • korn25
    korn25 Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

the game is at its best. dont believe those hypocrite and archo is the best server to be.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    if your not sure you just got to jump into it.
    The loudest voices are the ones that complain.
    The ones that are content are quietly playing away in the virtual world and thats where youll find your answers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Why is it people think you "must" be lvl 100 before you've "made it".

Since this is a ~>MMO<~ RPG many people have chosen it specifically for the community and team play and social interaction, or possibly the pvp. Under 100 is pretty desolate, to the point that PWI is offering 156 stat points for their reincarnation patch just to encourage people to become low levels again (a plan that will obviously fail without a change in FCC format). For pvp people are all 100+, and have... 7 gear steps above non-level 100s? Most of the under 100 community logs in for about 15 seconds to pickup their Jolly Jones. Questing is almost always done solo because there is no one to do it with. The time and coin spent on shouting for a BH squad us almost always less efficient than just buying an FCC instead. And 99% of the community that has low levels also have high levels to provide gear or just rush them through the required quests.

I like the game, but there is little socialization for people under 100 and a lot more opportunities and fun at 100+ unless you plan to play solo.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    agree..it's A Huge Expense And No Venos Aren't Op Anymore..they're Bottom Feeders Now!
    no Venos Aren't Op Anymore..they're Bottom Feeders Now!
    they're Bottom Feeders Now!

Rofl Lol!!!
    Sage barb in progress.