Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lol, it wasn't every 10 minutes. You could get literally as many as you wanted if you were willing to abuse it enough. People who only did what the page said got a paltry ~20 or so orbs in comparison.

=O wow...

Guess I was misinformed, my bad.. nvm me on that point then. :$
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The reason why they are not doing a rollback is probably because they did not made a backup before maint.

I dont know how pwi manage their backups, but from the last rollback, I think they do it on weekend when gms arent even there, that means that the system make the backup by itself.

why do I think this?

because if im not wrong the rollback on archo made everything returns to saturday 9

and PWI people dont Work on weekends as far as I know.

Also a rollback a few minutes before the code is even less posible for the same reason.

If they do a rollback they should do it to de day before maint (if they did a backup)
    People enrage a lot for that code but they refuse to admit that is the first code, the one that pwi send by email the real problem here, with all those guys buying /selling those codes, a lot of players already had dozens of orbs before that other code was even released. But again pwi said that you can do what you want with that code.

And some guys can even use that as excuse for having lets say 40 orbs...
  • Credence - Sanctuary
    Credence - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Since this is not the first case when there are people who were better off than others because of a glitch/bug, and then the solution was to **** all those who have received nothing from that particular glitch (e.g. dragoons), thank you PWE for the past 4 years what I have spent in this game.

I really think this MMORPG was one of the bests, leading far from WoW for example, but the problem solving method is equal to an ostrich's. One of my friends got the pack 7 times due to the lag, and therefore accumulated 3 billion coins worth in savings and items within 10 minutes.

After the scandal was investigated, what is the solution? Those who got insane amounts of items are gonna get away with it with an applause that: Great, you are very lucky; while all those on all the servers, who had no time to check the forums due to work or other kind of personal activites, ain't gonna get no sh it. Again.

I don't know the feelings of others concerning this issue, but certain people got more money than I accumulated in the past 4 years.

So all in all, thank you for the time I could play with you, but I'm moving from this wretched game.

Armand

I agree... either we all get the same as abusers or get nothing at all... fairness is what keeps a strong game, not cheaters with no punishments...
    /showpost.php?p=10036192&postcount=914

Its far from perfect.. its all demolished.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No no no the system backs it selfup every 5minutes ofc lol

what did people think, that they had a backup every hour or something lol? Backups are before maint only.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No one will get ban as usual.

People will say they didn't mean to abuse and GM said themselves in the past to don't have tools to track people that abuse.

Someone got 6 orbs cause of lag? Okay maybe, but people that was getting 9+ on ALL their accounts that was laughing saying ''NO I didn't done anything'' is bull****.

Some people abused and got 40+ orbs on one accounts, but some people abused by getting maybe less than 40 orbs, but did it on multiple accounts.

Next glitch (Cause there will be a next one for sure), 100% of the community will abuse it and they won't be able to ban 100% of their community, what they gonna do?

PWI laugh in the face of his community, they let abusers keeping abusing over and over again, I know some people that did abused ALL the past glitches and didn't get any punishment while getting a lot of advantages on all other players.

I'll stay cause I want to see the next update.

But on my server I know who exactly did abused that glitch and can't wait to see them get nothing as usual.

The majority of the community was asking a rollback without asking any compensation for it and GM didn't give a **** about it.

Dozen of abuser? L-O-L, are you kidding me? There's more than a dozen.

I bet my 3 orbs that they will finish by telling us they cannot find who did abused and that glitches abuse will end like the FC, Dreamchaser, MoG... etc, but that time people got tired to be treat like sh** and decided to leave, not cause of the game, but cause of the incompetence of the staff running the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • captainr
    captainr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    friends been banned. kinda sux too b:cry
    the lack of grammar only show the unintelligent, that the poster them-self is unintelligent. :) You are able to spell very well, good for you b:pleased
  • metalmana
    metalmana Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    its Worse On Archosaur Server Because before the Code 6jmmaab For All Servers, Some Players Was Already Getting Orbs In Mass With Their **** Codes And Code Trading Now Archosaur Server Look Like On Of These Private Server Where Everyone Got His Gear +10!

A Rollback Could Repair The Server But...
  • Toddloveleah - Harshlands
    Toddloveleah - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Nobody is getting anything at like 3pm yesterday they updated the thread and still havent said anything and its the weekend. I'm sure we will hear no word from this GM from here on, some abusers will get a slap on the wrist and this code thing will end while the code is still deactivated.

It just seems simple honestly put a limit to one account on the damn page THAT'S IT. Even if someone decides to put them on other account each account has the orbs bound so that makes no difference. I know they get event gold or whatever but ppl are bidding 65 gold on a 15 gold flyer since this code [lulz] so event gold is near worthless besides to buy boutique stuff.

From what im hearing/seeing lots of people got nothing, which makes sense the code was open for what a few hours? Then even more people got either just 1-3 orbs. Then you have the abusers.

They SHOULD NOT get a slap on the wrist or a short ban, most people would take a short ban to +10 all their gear. Refine reset, seizure of the armors/weapons/, perma ban? Just some suggestions I know a lot of people out for the abusers heads and I'm one of them.

Nation wars was ridiculous like lvl 80 and 90 nabs were running around giving g16 ppl like me a hard time due to their gears being full 10+ [lulz that they would 10+ nab gear but still]. It's ridiculous and its more widespread than you think.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm starting to wonder if slip-ups like these are part of the reason why they insist on shoving ARC down everyone's throats for future rewards (DQ and otherwise)

I'm not certain where/how many times in this winding thread it's been brought up, but I still believe that a 1 time use code would be the best thing to do (whether or not they can punish the offenders who got far more)

>Those who got far more than anyone else would barely be effected (better yet, they actually get punished and end up behind, though that's unlikely)

>Those who used the code once get a bit closer to those who used it multiple times (and if the offenders are dealt with, it would be a reward for not abusing the system I guess?)

>Those who didn't get to use it at all are able to at least redeem it once (which is fair, seeing that this reward was for everyone to begin with) and get something out of this fiasco

At least, this is what I hope for when the dust settles.

Double Dubs Post Count~!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • metalmana
    edited November 2013
    and They Still Getting Orbs On Archosaur By The Way... NOT A RED SPAM BUT EACH 1-2 MINUTES A PLAYER GET 3-5 ORBS IN A ROW

the Archosaur Server Is Corrupted
  • farah89
    farah89 Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    metalmana wrote: »
    and They Still Getting Orbs On Archosaur By The Way... NOT A RED SPAM BUT EACH 1-2 MINUTES A PLAYER GET 3-5 ORBS IN A ROW

On Harshlands too. Probably on all servers.
  • Toddloveleah - Harshlands
    Toddloveleah - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    metalmana wrote: »
    and They Still Getting Orbs On Archosaur By The Way...

they are still getting orbs since they didnt open their packs yet...

its also smarter for them to open the packs at different times because all at once would be to obvious.

They are still opening packs on harshlands as well.
  • captainr
    captainr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    still got em stacked in the mail i guess its on RT too
    the lack of grammar only show the unintelligent, that the poster them-self is unintelligent. :) You are able to spell very well, good for you b:pleased
  • metalmana
    edited November 2013
    So They Got Like 80 Orbs In Mail ....

Rollback = No More Problems!
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    and you have to understand that this kind of counter-measure they took is bull**** and its not shared by 70% of playerbase

while the other 30% 800 players (eight hundred players) abused the bug

n prolly you did that aswell did you? b:chuckle

I would really like to know where you get the 70% playerbase from because you can't base is off of a forum poll. There is a large portion of players who don't know about the forums, or know and don't care to visit them.

-It has already been announced that....
    -There will be no roll back.
    -Abusers will be dealt with.
    -"A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted"
    -And I think i read somewhere that there will be compensation for those who did not get a chance to redeem the code.

Sit back hold on to your diapers and wait. Hopefully PW doesn't mess up the new compensation.
    NGTUy53.png

• WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    foley3k wrote: »
    I would really like to know where you get the 70% playerbase from because you can't base is off of a forum poll. There is a large portion of players who don't know about the forums, or know and don't care to visit them.

-It has already been announced that....
    -There will be no roll back.
    -Abusers will be dealt with.
    -"A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted"
    -And I think i read somewhere that there will be compensation for those who did not get a chance to redeem the code.

Sit back hold on to your diapers and wait. Hopefully PW doesn't mess up the new compensation.

Actually there is no reason why percentage on forums would be different from in game. It would be fairly safe to say one third of playerbase doesnt want rollback. Well out of the ones who know what they want, some dont care one way or the other and form 3rd group which doesnt really show on poll. But speaking of one third of playerbase, it pretty well shows how **** are the QQers bout everybody voting no being abuser. There is no way every third player abused the bug, for one timezone differences and short period of time which code was out.

Ps. I have to say I`m positively surprised PWE kept calm head in the mess and didnt panic like majority of playerbase.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • __RYDIA__ - Dreamweaver
    __RYDIA__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yh, this isn't something they can deal with overnight, just give them some time to sort it out, im sure the majority of the damage has been done already f:meh
  • Greds - Lost City
    Greds - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    well lets wait btw you need a solution for the codes they always ****ed hmm like give dqs for like presing a link on mail that expairs after 1 click ofc upgrade dqs reward list :) since you took the system of you could use it agian and if you do all corect you could avoid this kind of situation that we deal with now :) just a solution example put 10* for like 500k dqs, mogs etc ppl would colect them with promo code and game would be more balance in some time :) just a solution a ofc make dqs system after you reset all dq points to 0 :) i would liek that more then a code wich like gazilion ppl use same time sorry for spellign i suck ;D
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You know what the sad thing is? If they just rolled back to the last maint, it would have solved everything in a fair manner (despite the ~10-20% who would be upset at the rollback , it's still fair, because the issue affects them whether they realize it or not) AND it would have improved PWI's reputation + integrity of the game.

As is, the entire game is rocked by cheating and abuse, to the point where just about every PRIVATE server is better. All the the private servers are now more legit than the official US server. Think about that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • amo0olllh
    amo0olllh Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    b:bye
  • xxhealbillyxx
    xxhealbillyxx Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I see several suggestions about giving packs, rewards or orbs to other players that couldn't access the page or timed out. Like myself. This assumes they are able to determine which accounts did get rewards and which ones didn't, after the fact.
    So if they send out a mass reward, then the newly jacked up get's the spoils of exploit, plus the new reward bonus. So, again, win, win, win for the lucky ones.
    Fact is, there is a higher percentage out there now of newly jacked up toons. We work hard to close the gap between ourselves and OP. it just got a little tougher. I doubt there's much can be done about that, or will be done about that. Can't help but to think of private servers where, yes, everyone just buys (12) +12 dorbs and 12 or 24 mirages from NPC in every city for next to nothing. And yes, everyone is +12 with hp +300 shards. BM's with 30k hp. This is fine, if everyone can do it. Gets boring, but at least it's a more level playing field. What has just happened now is this, it's almost equal to being able to bring a private server toon into these servers. What I wouldn't give to be able to bring my private server toons to Heavens Tear. I would be an unstoppable monster. It's the same weapons and armor, it's just so higly refined. And trust me, high refines is the chit. What a huge difference. So indeed, there's is a unfair advantage granted for the lucky ones, don't kid yourself. Personally I'm just mad because I didn't get to take advantage of it too. Oh yes, if would, if I saw it kept issuing orbs. Why? Because, like private server, you have to keep up with them. If they are, you have to, period, or fall further behind. It's not about ethics, it's about simply trying to keep up with the rest of them and be competetive. To not be fail. And they just moved the goal post. Ugh...
    b:scorn
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    it will be funny when some ppl can get refine +11 on all armor for free and some others need to spend 1.000 dollar to get same refine :)
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You know what the sad thing is? If they just rolled back to the last maint, it would have solved everything in a fair manner (despite the ~10-20% who would be upset at the rollback , it's still fair, because the issue affects them whether they realize it or not) AND it would have improved PWI's reputation + integrity of the game.

As is, the entire game is rocked by cheating and abuse, to the point where just about every PRIVATE server is better. All the the private servers are now more legit than the official US server. Think about that.

I for one feel that... the only thing a rollback would have accomplish is remove ANY and all the doubt that something has been done to the abusers,... something that everyone could see, and they the abusers, nor pwi could go back on it so to speak.

From what I have seen/heard they have at least banned a few people, but if the ban doesn't stick, it will be almost exactly like the goon glitch, ESPECIALLY if they come back with all the orbs/goodies still on their account. (which would ABSOLUTELY be foolish of pwi to allow that to happen.) I will undoubtedly be montioring this, and giving pwi the BOD... but if they do come back soon, and with items still in tact... *prepares to rage* RAWR! It would be exactly like that if they come back soon with everything still there.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OMG We still talking of Rollbacks?

Hello.... It was officially stated already that there

WILL BE NO ROLLBACKS.

How about spend the time and energy telling PWI that for the ones that DIDNT get anything period, Should be given a code or something to that effect.
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I for one feel that... the only thing a rollback would have accomplish is remove ANY and all the doubt that something has been done to the abusers,... something that everyone could see, and they the abusers, nor pwi could go back on it so to speak.

From what I have seen/heard they have at least banned a few people, but if the ban doesn't stick, it will be almost exactly like the goon glitch, ESPECIALLY if they come back with all the orbs/goodies still on their account. (which would ABSOLUTELY be foolish of pwi to allow that to happen.) I will undoubtedly be montioring this, and giving pwi the BOD... but if they do come back soon, and with items still in tact... *prepares to rage* RAWR! It would be exactly like that if they come back soon with everything still there.

Sadly because they didn't do a rollback, the only way to fix what happened is a perma-ban, and we know PWI would never do that. The most they will get is a 1-month ban, in exchange for hundreds of free ocean orbs, thousands of event gold, and multiple free lvl 100 chars as well as a bunch of other stuff. The orbs were just a tiny part of the whole package they got.

Wanna guess how long it took me to accumulate 2000 event gold? Close to a year of careful merchanting and farming. Guess how long it took the glitchers to get 2000 event gold? 20 minutes and a 1 month ban (shortended to x amount of days depending on how much they ticket).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Aroral - Sanctuary
    Aroral - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i Know Everyone Is Frustrated, But Those Of You That Don't Speak Or Write English, Please Keep It Short And Simple. Your Paragraphs Of Verbiage Make No Sense. It Would Be Like Me Going On The Pw-cn Forums And In Chinese, Writing

"mad!!! Kung Pao Butterflies Damn Gms Floating +10 Orbs Candy Mine No Got Now!!! Fair Not Angered Paperclip Fish!! "

Rofl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Riosl - Sanctuary
    Riosl - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    All I know is that I did not get anything but if pwi wont do nothing to fix this problem and make it fair for all people in game it will certainly give them a bad reputation.
  • LodeJunior - Archosaur
    LodeJunior - Archosaur Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OMG We still talking of Rollbacks?

Hello.... It was officially stated already that there

WILL BE NO ROLLBACKS.

How about spend the time and energy telling PWI that for the ones that DIDNT get anything period, Should be given a code or something to that effect.

Since you already read the annoucement, please also see this

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

So nothing will be given for other servers.
  • imdivine
    imdivine Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    All I know is that I did not get anything but if pwi wont do nothing to fix this problem and make it fair for all people in game it will certainly give them a bad reputation.

The thing might be that PWI already got a very bad reputation so they might feel it cant get any worse.
  • longshadowace1
    longshadowace1 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ticket one of a kind codes to those who sent in a ticket please.
This discussion has been closed.