Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• XSubZerox - Morai
    XSubZerox - Morai Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Why GMs ignore the vote of players, let them look topic rollback: yes or no. People want justice and GMs protect scams (3 days banned its joke?).
  • amo0olllh
    amo0olllh Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i Play 5 years ago

and i dont get anything

we need opn /redeem again

May not get some of the people some of the second does not

b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Itamio - Lost City
    Itamio - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Why GMs ignore the vote of players, let them look topic rollback: yes or no. People want justice and GMs protect scams.

They don't ignore the players. They just don't know what to do or how to do it so they come up with bull**** excuses like "we cannot definitely say who abused it and who got it accidentally".
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Why GMs ignore the vote of players, let them look topic rollback: yes or no. People want justice and GMs protect scams (3 days banned its joke?).

Perma ban for the abusers would be better then a rollback. Would love to see them actually wield the ban-hammer and go berserk for ones. But yeah, like that ever gonna happen b:sad
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Frenrirs - Morai
    Frenrirs - Morai Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I really do hope you're kidding me with this s***
    You bring out a reward to compensate, then yet again you **** us over by taking that down, leaving numerous players like me without compensation while others still got it, not to mention abused it.

I love the PWI playerbase, but I'm getting really fed up with all the ****ups from the guys who run this piece of s*** you still call f2p

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is how real playas level. f:laugh
    Proud Barb since 2009. b:dirty b:cool
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    - We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts.This is the reason why there will not be a rollback.

people need to stop asking for rollbacks or ban hammer read the first thread page in big BOLD RED
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Because they checked the records and the majority of the people didn't get 30+ orbs?

Everyone over-reacting lol

Pathetic rage is pathetic
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    First Dreamchaser code (think it was first) was abused the same way, refreshing the page over and over. Tut they would have learned but ofc not..

Couldn't remember tho...

naah pwi learning from stuff like that dosn't seem possible, but after reading quite a bit of this thread, it looks to me, that a great part of the playerbase think that pwi does, but well refering to the rollback poll ppl also think that this game is a democracy b:surrender
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • LodeJunior - Archosaur
    LodeJunior - Archosaur Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Because they checked the records and the majority of the people didn't get 30+ orbs?

Everyone over-reacting lol

Pathetic rage is pathetic

I don't think the log is accurate, most of those abusers still have the mail in their mailbox lying low for the thing to blow over, without actually getting those items from mail, they will never show up on the log. I don't think their crappy webpage does logging at all.
  • Shakkira - Lost City
    Shakkira - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So what happens to those of us who were not able to get even one pack ?
  • captainr
    captainr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Couldn't remember tho...

naah pwi learning from stuff like that dosn't seem possible, but after reading quite a bit of this thread, it looks to me, that a great part of the playerbase think that pwi does, but well refering to the rollback poll ppl also think that this game is a democracy b:surrender

lol if they were smart they would
    1 thing about any customer serviced based business if you don't take good care of the customer they don't come back. Trying is one thing doing is another.
    I know they been "trying" hard to fix this
    the lack of grammar only show the unintelligent, that the poster them-self is unintelligent. :) You are able to spell very well, good for you b:pleased
  • LodeJunior - Archosaur
    LodeJunior - Archosaur Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So I was refining my bow on friday and failed miserably and went to NW with a +1 G16 bow

13K creds 151 tokens

so much for orb abuse?

NW ranking is based on soulforce, you don't have to do anything get more tokens, just need high refines + level.
  • captainr
    edited November 2013
    So what happens to those of us who were not able to get even one pack ?

as of this point in time
    nothing
    the lack of grammar only show the unintelligent, that the poster them-self is unintelligent. :) You are able to spell very well, good for you b:pleased
  • Dark_Angeel - Dreamweaver
    Dark_Angeel - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    we need back redeem

beacuse we dont get any orb b:cryb:angry
  • ihibari
    ihibari Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And now.....We wait.b:chuckle
  • XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary
    XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Maybe I am alone in this but doubt it. I would really like some more information about what the PWI management is doing to resolve this unfortunate situation.

SO far we have had a couple updates but very little real information regarding punishing the offenders, what will be done to compensate those of us that didn't benefit from the code, and when can life get back to normal.

Its often said that "no news is good news" but i beg to differ and would really like some more information from the PWI management.

I find myself constantly checking forums for any news and its frustrating to just not know.

Please, please, please PWI give us some information so we can get past all this drama and get back to the game. b:sad
  • captainr
    edited November 2013
    Maybe I am alone in this but doubt it. I would really like some more information about what the PWI management is doing to resolve this unfortunate situation.

SO far we have had a couple updates but very little real information regarding punishing the offenders, what will be done to compensate those of us that didn't benefit from the code, and when can life get back to normal.

Its often said that "no news is good news" but i beg to differ and would really like some more information from the PWI management.

I find myself constantly checking forums for any news and its frustrating to just not know.

Please, please, please PWI give us some information so we can get past all this drama and get back to the game. b:sad

well seemes that no one at pwe is missing their weekend regardless if this ruins their customers
  • Lix - Momaganon
    Lix - Momaganon Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    buffingme wrote: »
    I've been playing this game for close to 5 years and i have seen a lot of the glitches that have happened but this one has to be the most damaging and I think the frustration that we are seeing is because most of us old timers have seen this before.
    The goon glitch started the same with frankie stating not to worry that the abusers would be punished harshly only to have them come back and say basically sorry we can't sort out who were the worst abusers so we won't be punishing anyone and any bans that had been given were ended.
    This smells exactly like that as there is NO way for them to tell everyone that abused the glitch and I'm sure there will be a few token bans for a period of time but if history repeats itself they will get to keep the items that they glitched to get.
    Of all the glitches I've seen this has to be the one that hits hardest to me personally as I have played so long just to have decently refined gear.
    If this stands I don't think I will bother to continue to play the game....it's not a rage quit it is just a player that has seen cheaters continue to prosper while the honest players are left behind.
    I seriously hope they reconsider a rollback unless they can figure out another way to make things right.
    Good luck to all

Thanks for your sane, reasoned, and thoughtful post. I feel exactly the same way. I'm not gonna rage quit--I just won't be playing much if at all and I certainly won't be spending any money. There's just no point.

What used to be a Free-to-play, Pay-to-win game has surely and steadily become a Cheat-to-win game. I refuse to change my core values of honesty and integrity for a video game. I'm not much into frustration and raging, so for me at least it's not a welcoming environment when the majority of the player base is rewarded for cheating; when glitchers are actually encouraged to glitch and honest players are called stupid for not glitching; when bots are so obvious it's like Cheers--everybody knows their name...

Hell I don't know... if I'm in such a minority in PWIs customer base in terms of finding value in playing with integrity for the sheer fun of it, I guess they don't need my money or my time anyway, so **** it. I'm a grown adult with plenty of things to choose from for my entertainment, so it's no big loss.

Peace out,
    jax
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    people need to stop asking for rollbacks or ban hammer read the first thread page in big BOLD RED

and you have to understand that this kind of counter-measure they took is bull**** and its not shared by 70% of playerbase

while the other 30% 800 players (eight hundred players) abused the bug

n prolly you did that aswell did you? b:chuckle
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Sher__Kahn - Harshlands
    Sher__Kahn - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So i was late on trying to use the code for the allowed time..... still within the expiration date..... but wait.... the CODE IS EXPIRED.....

So i guess PWI will allow the Hackers / Scammers to once again... **** the honest population out of the reward / bonus that PWI randomly provides?

I am once again disappointed with PWI and their ability to protect the honest players.

Please provide an update on the Code.... Will we be allowed to utilize it or another?

Thank you
  • IshidaUryuu - Raging Tide
    IshidaUryuu - Raging Tide Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Firstly i wanna ask if its possible to compensate for the people that didnt get any so its fair. Lots of people are legit and playing without abusing anything or anything and this free giveaway is meant to carry on till sunday till stupid greedy idiots abused it when they found an opening.

Will you be making a compensation or giving away something else for the legit people that never abused this bug. I for one would like my orbs for upgrading gear such as my R9RR that im gonna have really soon. Im sure lots of others would want their orbs that they couldnt get because of these greedy little children.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    +1. I didn't abuse the goonz glitch. Those people got a 2 week ban. I didn't even get this compensation and people who abused it prolly also only getting a 2 week ban. So now i know, next time i too should exploit pwi glitches.

b:surrender

I could of swore it was 2-3 days on the goon glitch ban.... that was so sad. D:... Then as a compensation for that we ALL got 2x for a while. *face meets palm*

As for the current issue I keep hearing it was a full month ban.

---

Also perhaps pwi is actually going into each of the accounts of those who abused this and ACTUALLY removing the excess orbs/event gold, etc, as well as reverting their gear back to the original +7 or w/e they were before this code went live.

I still believe that it isn't as widespread as people believe it to be, it looked a lot worse imho than it actually was, though it is undoubtedly true it was really hard to tell who all was getting multiple orbs considering how fast the messages were being spammed. Still this goes for both 'sides'... pwi has logs that are probably stationary, and therefore a LOT easier for them to see who all was actually really abusing it.

We may very well not know if their punishment is more than just the 1 month ban until their ban gets uplifted. (Personally I REALLY hope pwi is doing MORE than just the one month ban, and actually removing the excess orbs/reverting refined levels of gears/weapon.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • bruinvis
    bruinvis Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Think most people that wrote in this topic don't like to play. According to what I've read some abused the code to get (lots of) free orbs and most people in here just want to have the same. Do I care? No. I even couldn't use the code myself.

What people should ask themself: if someone abused the code can he or she now play without depending on others? Probably not. We all should stop writing in here and just do some quest(s) in PWI. Much more fun than hanging around, asking for something that will not happen.

b:bye see you all in the game
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    and you have to understand that this kind of counter-measure they took is bull**** and its not shared by 70% of playerbase

while the other 30% 800 players (eight hundred players) abused the bug

n prolly you did that aswell did you? b:chuckle

Yea... I didn't abuse the bug, and I understand all the lack of faith ppl have in PWI, but I for one am holding out a faint hope that they are doing more than the rumored '1 month ban'. Is that foolish of me? Perhaps, but meh I sincerely hope they are doing something behind the scenes.

IF they actually do stick with the ban, and don't listen to any of the 'but, I didn't abuse it, your site glitched' excuses that are undoubtedly coming in... it WILL be more than what happened with that goon glitch... and the sad thing about it is that they warned us back then not to abuse it, but "we" (those who actually did abuse it) did anyways and people got away with it, with a slap on the wrist. I do get that some of those people with that 'excuse' may very well be telling the truth, but really if they go back on their ban it really WILL be the goon glitch fiasco all over again... almost word for word. (Banned ppl, removed ban, compensate ppl with a 2x for a while... PLEASE!... wth kind of **** is that?)

Again for the record I abused neither 'glitches' it's sad that pwi's track record gave this amount of leeway to cheaters/glitchers to allow people to think it's ok to abuse flaws in systems/pwis lack of speedy fixes. (To be fair though this one happend FAR faster than them taking care of the goon glitch... it was only up for a couple of hours before it was taking down.)

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I could of swore it was 2-3 days on the goon glitch ban.... that was so sad. D:... Then as a compensation for that we ALL got 2x for a while. *face meets palm*

As for the current issue I keep hearing it was a full month ban.

---

Also perhaps pwi is actually going into each of the accounts of those who abused this and ACTUALLY removing the excess orbs/event gold, etc, as well as reverting their gear back to the original +7 or w/e they were before this code went live.

I still believe that it isn't as widespread as people believe it to be, it looked a lot worse imho than it actually was, though it is undoubtedly true it was really hard to tell who all was getting multiple orbs considering how fast the messages were being spammed. Still this goes for both 'sides'... pwi has logs that are probably stationary, and therefore a LOT easier for them to see who all was actually really abusing it.

We may very well not know if their punishment is more than just the 1 month ban until their ban gets uplifted. (Personally I REALLY hope pwi is doing MORE than just the one month ban, and actually removing the excess orbs/reverting refined levels of gears/weapon.

They have no way to track anything, their logs are as bugged as the redemption pages, and they are FAR too understaffed to do anything productive. Also, the only thing the glitchers have to do is mail in tickets claiming that they didn't mean to glitch the system, and that it just bugged out on them. I guarantee you this will work and get their ban lifted, because PWI can't prove that they *intended* to abuse the glitch.

Also, the fact that it took them 2+ hours to take the page down just shows how out of tune they are with the game, as by that time at least 1000+ d orb messages had rolled across the screen, with multiple same names appearing 10, 20, 50 times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    They have no way to track anything, their logs are as bugged as the redemption pages, and they are FAR too understaffed to do anything productive. Also, the only thing the glitchers have to do is mail in tickets claiming that they didn't mean to glitch the system, and that it just bugged out on them. I guarantee you this will work and get their ban lifted, because PWI can't prove that they *intended* to abuse the glitch.

I sincerely hope it doesn't go down that way... but yea I wouldn't be surprised if they did accept that excuse every now and then, still either way... if they do... do that... they need to take away the excess orbs/excess refine levels. (But yea 'need' and actually doing are absolutely 2 different things especially when it has come to pwi in the past)

I know they have some kind of 'track' system, as I was once... 'compromised,' I sent in a ticket and got all my items back, so surely there is a tracking system of sorts that they can use when they want too.

EDIT: As for the 2 hour thing, while that is true to an extent it is still FAR faster than what they have been doing as far as 'taking care' of glitches. (Just trying to find the silver lining, however small that may be.)

Also from what I understood you could only do it every 10 minutes? So at most... if it was indeed up for the full two hours that 12 x 3 orbs so the most anyone should have gotten is 36 orbs, +/- the ones that 'gltiched' and sent more/less than they should have.

Either way this hasnt been good for pwi.

• Entierro - Heavens Tear
    Entierro - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Since this is not the first case when there are people who were better off than others because of a glitch/bug, and then the solution was to **** all those who have received nothing from that particular glitch (e.g. dragoons), thank you PWE for the past 4 years what I have spent in this game.

I really think this MMORPG was one of the bests, leading far from WoW for example, but the problem solving method is equal to an ostrich's. One of my friends got the pack 7 times due to the lag, and therefore accumulated 3 billion coins worth in savings and items within 10 minutes.

After the scandal was investigated, what is the solution? Those who got insane amounts of items are gonna get away with it with an applause that: Great, you are very lucky; while all those on all the servers, who had no time to check the forums due to work or other kind of personal activites, ain't gonna get no sh it. Again.

I don't know the feelings of others concerning this issue, but certain people got more money than I accumulated in the past 4 years.

So all in all, thank you for the time I could play with you, but I'm moving from this wretched game.

Armand
  • Stratakis - Raging Tide
    Stratakis - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    for one more time not a simple WE ARE SORRY FOR MISTAKE WE DONE from pwi..just to mention acusing players of been greedy. dragon orb 5 stars is 18 gold
    perfect iron humer was 3 gold a few months before.drogon orb +8 and +9 costs more than +10.WHO IS GREEEDY?
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I sincerely hope it doesn't go down that way... but yea I wouldn't be surprised if they did accept that excuse every now and then, still either way... if they do... do that... they need to take away the excess orbs/excess refine levels. (But yea 'need' and actually doing are absolutely 2 different things especially when it has come to pwi in the past)

I know they have some kind of 'track' system, as I was once... 'compromised,' I sent in a ticket and got all my items back, so surely there is a tracking system of sorts that they can use when they want too.

EDIT: As for the 2 hour thing, while that is true to an extent it is still FAR faster than what they have been doing as far as 'taking care' of glitches. (Just trying to find the silver lining, however small that may be.)

Also from what I understood you could only do it every 10 minutes? So at most... if it was indeed up for the full two hours that 12 x 3 orbs so the most anyone should have gotten is 36 orbs, +/- the ones that 'gltiched' and sent more/less than they should have.

Either way this hasnt been good for pwi.

Lol, it wasn't every 10 minutes. You could get literally as many as you wanted if you were willing to abuse it enough. People who only did what the page said got a paltry ~20 or so orbs in comparison.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • bluntmad
    bluntmad Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i have also played this game a whie and missed out due to work if this is gonna go down like this i guess i have no choice but to leave this game seein as all else have + 10 everything and i dont even have 1 + 10 piece, i cant even compete in NW. i will stick around for a bit to see if PW will fix this but if not, its been fun all nice playing with you
This discussion has been closed.