hi

Rainbowwing - Lost City
Rainbowwing - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
i were thinking to returning to this game, it looks really nice but when Reading on forum im starting to regret it.

May i ask what happening?, is this game dead? :S

did any new server arrive lately?
Post edited by Rainbowwing - Lost City on

Comments

• STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    you'd better not, well if u want to cs +10 all of ur gear, go ahead, ppl just got +10 orb for free and wont get pusnished
  • farah89
    farah89 Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sure u should come to pwi (only if you wanna be 24/7 online and just wait till GMs give u stuff worth billions...).
  • Rainbowwing - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    both of you just giving childish answers, give me some conservative critism or anything who tells what happening.

You two should learn some manner -,-, my questions should being simple enought to understand! ;)
  • Eeyes - Harshlands
    Eeyes - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Honestly, if you want to go ahead, They are just mad because they do not get what they want.. PWI is still fun to hang out with your faction, and if you're not a big PvPer then the orbs have no affect on anything, you still get to hang with friends, you still get to join a faction, and you still get to level.
    Leave no one behind

A.R.K
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You'll find lots of trolls on the forums, much like the first 2 posters in this thread ...well, no, those are rather rage monkeys, you will see those all over the place.
    Right now things are really heated, since we had experienced some technical difficulties that needed one server to go through a roll back, I think the first since the game started. So the GMs were thinking, and decided to give us a reward for staying with them through troubled times, and sent the people from that particular server emails with free stuff. Some started to rage because they were jealous people claimed the gifts on any server/character they wished for, since it was their code and could use it anyway they wanted to.
    Then, the GMs gave another promotional code available for all, on all servers, but they made a mistake: the code was accidentally made so it can be claimed multiple times, not just once, like intended. Of course, some people took advantage of this knowingly. They took the code down and are now investigating to ban the people that abused the code, but sadly, the ban is short, one week, I believe, so people are unhappy (the rewards were really, really nice).
    Now this game isn't all rainbow farts and happiness, but it's not the devil either, I have been with it for almost 4 years and I still enjoy it, even with no charging real money, I can still have really nice end game stuff. I say, try the game yourself and see how you like it and don't really believe the forum ragers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    okay, thank you both for wonderful answers, i might give it a try even so... but hopefully we might see a new server hehe :P
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    okay, thank you both for wonderful answers, i might give it a try even so... but hopefully we might see a new server hehe :P

Oh yes, I forgot, you asked about the servers. Well, Morai is the European server, so that's newest. Archosaur (pve server, and the one affected by the roll back) is 3 years+ and the most recent U.S. server. We're not expecting a new server, but who knows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    They took the code down and are now investigating to ban the people that abused the code, but sadly, the ban is short, one week, I believe, so people are unhappy (the rewards were really, really nice).

We actually don't know the ban duration, or what the punishment involved is at all (for all we know, they may decide to remove all characters on the accounts or something). It's just people are jumping to conclusions and making assumptions out of their frustration and anger/jealousy/hate/etc.
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited November 2013
    Oh yes, I forgot, you asked about the servers. Well, Morai is the European server, so that's newest. Archosaur (pve server, and the one affected by the roll back) is 3 years+ and the most recent U.S. server. We're not expecting a new server, but who knows.

Ok, thank you :)

OPKossy wrote: »
    We actually don't know the ban duration, or what the punishment involved is at all (for all we know, they may decide to remove all characters on the accounts or something). It's just people are jumping to conclusions and making assumptions out of their frustration and anger/jealousy/hate/etc.

Yes thats what people tend to do, jumping to a conclution.

But the fact remains, how long have this jumping undergoing? i mean it seem like it being for a few weeks when i read the forum :P ,
    but i wont say for sure because i dont know, but it seem like it being messed up for abit now, and nothing seem to be changed yet. So maybe it wernt really a jumping to a conclution? :P
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    The recent commotion is over something that begun barely 2 days ago.

And was stopped within an hour or so due to abuse by people. Now those complaining are dissatisfied with the decision PWI made on the matter, as well as those trying to demand they get the packs involved as well. Many of said people demanding the packs as well, of course, are being rather unreasonable about it as PWI is currently dealing with this mess and would be unlikely to give us even more stuff while they're in the middle of dealing with one issue.

Anyways, I'd go into more detail, but there's already a stickied topic for that.
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    The recent commotion is over something that begun barely 2 days ago.

And was stopped within an hour or so due to abuse by people. Now those complaining are dissatisfied with the decision PWI made on the matter, as well as those trying to demand they get the packs involved as well. Many of said people demanding the packs as well, of course, are being rather unreasonable about it as PWI is currently dealing with this mess and would be unlikely to give us even more stuff while they're in the middle of dealing with one issue.

Anyways, I'd go into more detail, but there's already a stickied topic for that.

i see, thanks for answer :) hopefully it can be sorted out, kinda dislike seeing forums getting overfloaded with whinings, especial when we Think about people like me who thinking about returning.
  • AlphaLynne - Archosaur
    AlphaLynne - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Returning is ok, but i wouldnt put any money in the game until it becomes stable again. It's a very enjoyable game, I just wish they would fix it instead of throwing incomplete patches to it.
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Returning is ok, but i wouldnt put any money in the game until it becomes stable again. fix.

Best is to put no money in the game at all, as the prices are already messed up enough (im not talking about the Orb-issue here). PWI is still pretty interesting, you can go up very fast today without putting much money into it and if you need some, there are some easy dailys you can do alone everyday to get a huge amount of money. And if actually wanna play the game without Powerleveling (what has become pretty common nowadays), there are also some nice new quests to do for different lvl-ranges.

The only thing i really want to warn you about is that the active game (BHs,Events,TWs) were most people are starts at 100+, and before that there is not so much squad-playing as it used to be. Also, to keep up with gear at 100+ you need much more money than at 1-99, thats the only big change i can think of so far. But if youre not rushing, thats not a real problem at all.

I dont know about US-Server activity,but Morai is pretty active if youre from EU. PWI still is worth a try, and maybe you even find some ragers who wanna quit and give away some items xD
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Its still obviously af game to play that still has a lot of players , i mean look at the page count of this thread..

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1645671

what ever the issue, within 2 days there been ALOT of activity b:chuckle
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon