Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• BlackMorder - Raging Tide
    BlackMorder - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is frustrating...... GMs we want you to press the damn rollback botton...... I cant even play with this ****** spams..... ROLL THE HELL BACK!!!!! YOU ALREADY MADE ENOUGH CRAPPY FAILS N DRAMA IN GAME.....
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Anyways off to sleep, if this **** **** won`t be resolved properly it`s uninstall so will many other people, have fun playing in a private server with no sense of accomplishment or in this case all your accomplishments and hard work aren`t worth jack ****!
  • gecheese
    gecheese Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey Gms when we get the new code cose i dont have it today 1 person give me the code but the page saay EXPIRE every1 got the code but me i dont get it is any way for new CODE pls

my best
    Regards

b:byeb:byeb:bye

Is this trolling, sarcasm or are you really unable to read?
  • Shaftzsk - Heavens Tear
    Shaftzsk - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thank you - very glad to hear this.

I was watching the red names scroll up as I worked on leveling my pets (for hours) and I mainly saw 3 same names in a row and no real - 5, 6, 7, 8 + with the same name over and over.

Maybe you need glasses? b:surrender

I know some people that w/o trying to abuse/glitch get 12+ DOrbs. And even now, as must have been happening all day, there was people opening more packs with more DOrbs/HP charm...
  • Lix - Momaganon
    Lix - Momaganon Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That stonehenge pictur ethrew me off as well. D: QQ

<3 OP is actually a she. ^^

but yea... I SO agree no need to be rude. :P

Mea culpa, apologies to the lovely OP for my gender confusion b:kiss

From now on I shall call you cupcake in my mind.
  • darknes051
    darknes051 Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    gives us new code
  • Hyelle - Sanctuary
    Hyelle - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The compensation was stated to be for the issues that ALL THE SERVERS have had throughout november. Every server has had major issues. Only archosaur got corrupted enough to be rolled back, but this particular compensation was for all the issues.
    Thanks, I'm glad someone finally pointed this out. It's not exactly been perfect for all the other servers either.

Also, I really don't think that even though the gm didn't say specifically that the others servers would get some sort of compensation, that they won't.. They're probably trying to figure out what to do and are afraid to say anything yet because they need to think about how they can avoid pissing off even more people. But who knows. They don't OWE us anything at all.. but since they sorta promised us, I think they should follow through.

Meh, I am still optimistic. I would put the 100 event gold to good use! f:shy

May the punishment to the code abusers really be adequate. Encouraging cheating is.. mmm sort of pathetic. >.> That would disappoint me a billion times more than not being able to redeem this code.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    i wonder how many times I'll have to go over the whole "mods are normal players and the only difference between us and everyone else is we have our spare time further reduced by having to take care of the forums" thing before a majority of people have figured that out instead of it being a token (and appreciated) minority.

Lies you arent a 'normal' player. =o <3

Your a overworked, unpaid individual that has way more stress to deal with than just being annoyed about something pwi has done.

E gasp I gave your secret away.

Sworryy. :$ *beats self up* *gives flowers*
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    It wouldn't be half as bad as it is now if the oceans from this fiasco did what they were supposed to do (only usable on G15 and below gear). But damn, the oceans were usable on G16 R999 end game gear. Does PWI hire monkeys to test these kind of stuff? Someone needs to get fired.

I think it was a text error and was supposed to be "G16 and under" like arrows that can be used on Level 1-16 bows when it means grade or stuff like that.

Though considering we don't even have G17 or above gear, there's no point to that text to begin with and we might have had less damage if it really was below G16 gears only. b:surrender
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • novatheorganoid
    novatheorganoid Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    darknes051 wrote: »
    gives us new code

No. You don't want that to happen. These aren't the droids you are looking for. Move along.
  • darknes051
    edited November 2013
    No. You don't want that to happen. These aren't the droids you are looking for. Move along.

yes i do want it to happen

if half pwi got free +10/+11/+12 refines...why rest cant?

nothing makes then better ppl than rest of us who didnt got anything
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Mea culpa, apologies to the lovely OP for my gender confusion b:kiss

From now on I shall call you cupcake in my mind.
    Lies you arent a 'normal' player. =o <3

Your a overworked, unpaid individual that has way more stress to deal with than just being annoyed about something pwi has done.

E gasp I gave your secret away.

Sworryy. :$ *beats self up* *gives flowers*

You two brought a much needed smile to my face. Thanks. b:cute
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • novatheorganoid
    novatheorganoid Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    darknes051 wrote: »
    yes i do want it to happen

if half pwi got free +10/+11/+12 refines...why rest cant?

nothing makes then better ppl than rest of us who didnt got anything

Because the original code was broken.

Until those who abused it are taken care of, do you really want them to get something more.

As I said. These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along.
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's abuse when people that are online receive the benefits, and those that claim "abuse" missed it.

Remember, the GM gave the code to everyone. It's not his/her fault there was a flaw.

True, I do'nt blame the GM that posted it. I blame Perfect World for not testing. They knew it was a possibility due to previous codes being abused.

and longknife that was my point exactly. They havent come right out and said, what the limit is. They might ban people who simply clicked s'ubmit 2 or 3 times cause the page simply would not load. If you got 50+ orbs, that was no accident (my opinion).

They need to thoroughly think this process through and make it public of what is going to be done and be more clear on what actually is punishable. If they are in fact doing anything about it. I bet the corner of the carpet is already lifted for them to sweep this under in a few weeks.
    NGTUy53.png

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You two brought a much needed smile to my face. Thanks. b:cute

Oi I forgot underappreicated... shame on me. D: *gives more flowers*

I am sure its a nice change of pace compared to what we (as in you/I/others) have.... been through over the last couple of weeks/months, eh, OPK?

*hides*
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • TicoTako - Archosaur
    TicoTako - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i wonder how many times I'll have to go over the whole "mods are normal players and the only difference between us and everyone else is we have our spare time further reduced by having to take care of the forums" thing before a majority of people have figured that out instead of it being a token (and appreciated) minority.

So much text to say such a little...ijsb:shutup
  • darknes051
    edited November 2013
    even those who didnt abuse got 3 10* orbs 1 charm and even 100 EVENT GOLD.....
    rest of us didnt got a ****
  • Vhori - Harshlands
    Vhori - Harshlands Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It wouldn't be half as bad as it is now if the oceans from this fiasco did what they were supposed to do (only usable on G15 and below gear). But damn, the oceans were usable on G16 R999 end game gear. Does PWI hire monkeys to test these kind of stuff? Someone needs to get fired.

My friend quit over this and I'm sad to see him go. I don't blame him. Let's see what the punishment is going to be. Most likely it's some BS one week ban.

Who in their right mind thought giving out Oceans that can be used on G16 end game gear was a good idea in the first place? Please, get rid of him.

It was a great idea, just poorly executed. 3 +10 orbs are not much if you only have +5-6 gears. They figured " hey, they will still need to buy 7,8, and 9 before using an orb" unless they wanted to waste all 3 orbs to refine 3 lvls higher. It was an awesome compensation to login too, but then people had to **** it up. I say once you find out who abused the code, take their remaining orbs away and give all who didn't abuse a chance to +10 gears. Have them submit a video/screenshot with the gear set they want +10, check the account for abuse and then proceed accordingly. If you can find who abused the code, as you claim, then you should be able to find who didn't and reward them. Lets be fair here, because I logged off when I saw people abusing the code because I figured nothing good could come from this...I should've abused it too and got my stuff +10. Next time, I sure will..that is if i'm here for a next time. I am very disappointed with you PWI, you deserve any negative outcome that follows this.
  • darknes051
    edited November 2013
    roll Back Pls
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Here is what I was able to get:

- We will not be rolling back the servers.

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or worldchat.

This is the reason why there will not be a rollback.

I'm wondering if your logs are wrong due to the messed up lag issues? I know multiple people who have gotten 6 orbs or more, some as much as 50+. How can you even say a problem like that isn't widespread with a straight face?

Imagine the QQ you will get when you put up Ocean orbs for 25G each again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • GhostHealer - Heavens Tear
    GhostHealer - Heavens Tear Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited November 2013

UPDATE:
    Here is what I was able to get:

- We will not be rolling back the servers.

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or worldchat.

This is the reason why there will not be a rollback.
    Seriously guys? You're just going to let the people who accidentally got like 30 orbs, keep them, while others got like none to the original amount?

So you're going to punish the "legitimate abusers" , and let the people who accidentally got lucky, while pissing on those who got nothing, or even got what they were suppose to? You guys know, you KNOW, damn well that people are going to quit because of this. This isn't just unfair, this is complete and utter bull****.

So lets see here.
    We have people who got enough to +12 all their gear because they got lucky.
    We have people who were at +5 or below and are now +10 because they got lucky.
    We have those that were at +10 to begin with, who worked for their refines.
    And we also have those who got nothing.

So way to go PWE.
    We all know you guys won't punish them.
    If you do, what will it be? A ban for a day? A slap on the wrist?
    Hahah right. You guys are as threatening as a de-clawed kitten.
    You guys have really shown your true colors now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited November 2013
  • faruskas
    faruskas Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Is there going to be a FINAL COMPENSATION to compensate the Final Compensation which compensate the Compensation which compensate the rollback. Or we are going to have a Compensation Rollback to compensa.................. etc, etc, etc, ......(you kno what i mean) ?
  • Eytukan - Heavens Tear
    Eytukan - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Gm's wont give any kind of punishment, just like goons lol.
    Sad thing is pwi pretty much show people that they don't give a **** if someone abuse/cheat in this game.

They can't even get there hands out of the bowl with cookies to fix there own mess.
    Do they have some kind of home help aswell? someone that can wipe there *** when they call "I'm done" after sitting on the toilet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • farah89
    farah89 Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2013
  • Eytukan - Heavens Tear
    Eytukan - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They better do some good punishment, not like goons or im out of here lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shaiij - Archosaur
    Shaiij - Archosaur Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I see so much assuming here, and a million QQ'ers, but come the hell on.

Let them do their jobs and deal with ****. All this uproaring makes me hope they don't get sick of it and shut it all down.

Either play the game or don't. But friggin' chill out.
    I never got that reward either, I only got 3 orbs, I lost plenty in the rollback... but I still just want to play the game. **** happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shaftzsk - Heavens Tear
    Shaftzsk - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They better do some good punishment, not like goons or im out of here lol

I bet with you that PWE will punish them by giving JoDs/Deity and SoWs for free!
  • zirex147
    zirex147 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    GM you have to do something to fix this, For it is unjust, some won other n
This discussion has been closed.