Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    But think of it this way, the people that abused will sit there and think they got away with it and then maybe a few weeks down the line - BOOM - welcome to a perma ban for abusement.(idk if thats a word - sounds good lol)

Wishful thinking.

PWE's past record show that they NEVER permabanned anyone.

They did not even said they would ban them, they said they would punish them.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • blueelephant69
    blueelephant69 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    well the goonz glitch abusers where threathened with perma bans etc nothing happened then the abusers of dreamchaser packs heard only 1 person who got banned and it was a week ban then i seen forum posts and i've heard people talk about how they been "permabanned" yet they still come back after a week or two there was even a screenshot posted on these forums about a "permaban" saying the bantime was insane or whatever and the person is still playing and being a - so theres no such thing as perma bans and well it just seems that they are powerless against these glitch abusers and so on so what it comes down to is.. well if you find a glitch and a way to abuse it do it if you get hundreds of mills of stuff worth i say its worth that 1 week ban ya can use to plan your shopping list but just my opinion =)

you see " you heard " which means you dont entirely know what happened mate - like ive been saying im not trying to make people angry, merely try and calm the situation down here because raging and threatening ( not aimed at anyone in particular ) at the GM's will not make the situation anymore easier for anyone.
  • DaKaan - Harshlands
    DaKaan - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Pretty sure if they did that right now people would... immediately abuse it again.

Do you really want more of it getting worse?

Problem is hat the abusers probably will get a short term ban and allowed to keep their refines/orbs.
    This should have been thought through better from the start and the initial compensation should have been only redeemable and available to archosaur server and not the other ones.
    With the current situation, some people just got nothing at all.
    Pwi seems to keep **** up situations like this every time and instead of containing and keeping the problems under control, they manage every time to make things worse.
    Ghanima 101 wiz, DaKaaN 101 BM, Ra\/en 96 Seeker
    Quit this game for another one called real life b:shocked
  • Berthabusti - Heavens Tear
    Berthabusti - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    thanks a freaking lot for NOTHING. Hypers?

Realize MOST of the GOOD PWI playerbase avoid those?
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    so show us the data that shows only a couple of dozen people abused this glitch- quite frankly i dont think any of us believe you.

same as frost glitch, you will ban a handful of people for a couple of days, they will complain and the bans will be lifted.

Seriously, they can probably just submit a ticket and argue how it is not their fault, thus no penalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Aroral - Sanctuary
    Aroral - Sanctuary Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Pretty sure if they did that right now people would... immediately abuse it again.

Its already bad, so why not let the people that didn't even get to redeem the code have a chance too. Even if its just by submitting a ticket saying they did not get to redeem the code for the gift pack and PWI sends it that way. Its a lot easier to track and see if the code was redeemed on their account that way rather than manually checking each account.

"4 for you Glenn Coco, and none for Gretchen Wieners Bye"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Izebelza - Dreamweaver
    Izebelza - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So a bunch of people got it and what about those that didn't?
    A fkn joke is what this is I'm disgusted by this more than I can say. Been here 5 years and because I had to work and couldn't put in the code I get shafted, meanwhile pepole got 2+codes and have half their **** at +10. Unfkn believable.
  • blueelephant69
    blueelephant69 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    karmelia wrote: »
    Wishful thinking.

PWE's past record show that they NEVER permabanned anyone.

They did not even said they would ban them, they said they would punish them.

personally iv never been a GM for a mmorpg or anything this big to be honest but, i must add that this must be a hard job to please thousands of people on this game and to add that they are not just GM's for this game but for others to, and that IS NOT me defending them, just trying to give them a bit of space to breathe while they figure this whole mess they got themselves into ( which i fully admit - IS A BIG MESS ) and im none to happy as the same as you. But patience is the key.
  • Huntedsoul - Dreamweaver
    Huntedsoul - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captainr wrote: »
    and its the few k ppl like u that made this happen

i been playing the game since pretty much the dreamweaver started and i haven't abused any of the glitches not once.

i have just been watching from the side people abusing them and getting away with them.

i will not abuse them but im not telling people not to coz in the end pwi lets it slide.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Seriously, they can probably just submit a ticket and argue how it is not their fault, thus no penalty.

Seriously, I know someone who tried to tisha their armor to +11, it failed and went to +9, then they ticketed support and said the game bugged out and inserted the wrong item into the refining and demanded the item be restored to +10. The GM actually restored the item, then they tisha'ed the armor again and got it to +11.

Support is stupidly nice and gullible b:chuckle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    No, but If I'm not wrong, I'm sure redeem page is fixed, same as DQ page, and facebook connect page. Since I was not able to get any stuff from DQ, nor I was able to get my blessing.

And If there is gonna be new code, people that "abused" previous code, will redeem that new code again. So I don't see a point in to delaying it anymore. I'm sorry, but I feel very scammed by PWI.

The page was overloaded and some people took advantage of that. Releasing another code now, especially when they're still dealing with the mess caused by this one, would only end with the same thing happening on a wider scale because more people will now be aware of it and will try to abuse it.

Since they've stated the intend to punish those who were egregiously abusing this, adding even more to that right now is the worst idea they could provide. If they choose to make another code, or even give anything at all to those who missed out, it will likely be in the future when they've been able to put some thought into it to avoid a repeat of this incident.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2013

They sent me an email to redeem the code as i didn't receive my code when others did, yet in the same breath, they took it away. Have sent in ticket about this.

Question i have is, why send me a code that they deactivated? Does this mean i miss out yet AGAIN because of people abusing the generosity of PWI?
  • longshadowace1
    longshadowace1 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Invalid code. all I goting & others is working
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm sure we will find out what the compensation is "Soon" b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    @OPKossy

I agree that opening back up as it was... is a BAD idea, as it could easily just be reabused in the same fashion... HOWEVER if it is fixed then I say it would be nice for the code to go live again.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • bingaara
    bingaara Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    b:angry it not fair i didnt get 1 ORb and some PPPL get 20 Orb atlest send 3Orb to everyone who sisnt get anything
    or Rollback it
    ty
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

UPDATE:
    Here is what I was able to get:

- We will not be rolling back the servers.

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or worldchat.

This is the reason why there will not be a rollback.
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    They sent me an email to redeem the code as i didn't receive my code when others did, yet in the same breath, they took it away. Have sent in ticket about this.

Question i have is, why send me a code that they deactivated? Does this mean i miss out yet AGAIN because of people abusing the generosity of PWI?
    Its already bad, so why not let the people that didn't even get to redeem the code have a chance too. Even if its just by submitting a ticket saying they did not get to redeem the code for the gift pack and PWI sends it that way. Its a lot easier to track and see if the code was redeemed on their account that way rather than manually checking each account.

"4 for you Glenn Coco, and none for Gretchen Wieners Bye"

Getting e-mails is one thing. Having a new one publicly released right after something like this happened is a totally different story. I'm pointing out the issues present in the latter. If the former will happen is something I don't know about and that they haven't said anything about as well.
  • earthblade
    earthblade Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    For the time being because of work i only play during the weekends and the original post by (DefenderofDreams - Admin) said that the code was disabled. How about for all of us that never got to use it in the fist place?
    How or when will we know if we are going to be able to get the rewards everyone else got?
    Thanks
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If you are not on Archosaur server, you will get....

Nothing!

It's as if you broke into Wonka's lab and stole the fizzy lifting drinks!

You wanna know why?

(Whispering) Because you weren't on Archosaur Server... so why are you getting compensated?

The compensation was stated to be for the issues that ALL THE SERVERS have had throughout november. Every server has had major issues. Only archosaur got corrupted enough to be rolled back, but this particular compensation was for all the issues.
  • faruskas
    faruskas Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    will i have to post another ticket to get a spam of auto replies telling me how busy you are, and after a whole day or so to finally get a so-called working code and when i try to redeem it happens to be expired?
    Can you AT LEAST send us the new code or whatever you think before all tose who already received (and therefore abused) the codes before they expired?!!! -IJS
  • metalmana
    metalmana Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    RIGHT NOW WE GOT PLAYERS GETTING ORBS +10 AGAIN ON ARCHOSAUR SERVER WITH **** CODES b:surrender

NO ROLLBACK = NO1 BUY GOLDS TO +10 THEIR GEARS (pwi lose)
    NO ROLLBACK = PLAYERS LEAVE (because everyone is already +10 which mean no game balance)
  • JackieK - Harshlands
    JackieK - Harshlands Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited November 2013

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or worldchat.

This is the reason why there will not be a rollback.

By punishment you mean what? I'd like to se some permament bans tbh not the typical 3 day slap on the wrist you usually give to harshland players... especially considering many people got 40+ D orbs...
    Something better be done other then a 1 week ban or im done here
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Nice
    +1
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    @OPKossy

I agree that opening back up as it was... is a BAD idea, as it could easily just be reabused in the same fashion... HOWEVER if it is fixed then I say it would be nice for the code to go live again.

Would be nice if it was fixed, however I'm assuming the ability of that page to be broken hasn't been fixed since nothing was mentioned about that
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Ofcourse why not? i mean Archosaur server had a rollback cause player issues, i mean players fault, then that rollback, again cause palyers fault, caused a mass abusement on all servers, then because palyers fault now they gona be punished, and now why not enabling the code again? it would be players fault again anyays, Archosaur is almost dead, impossible to find 3 TT openers, it can be worse sure, cause player fault and issues coused by players, becouse they dont know how to code a website, i mean the players, not offending anyone ! just saying what could be worse with enabling the code then it is? nothing, let others get Orbs too, then just put the orb in Butique for 2gold...and +11 for 10m and +12 for 25m and thats it, players, ofcourse by players fault the economy is broken anyways, if it gets more broken more player will cashshop everyone knows that, probably the old players will all leave yeah, but they are leaving now too so noone will see the difference b:laugh
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JackieK - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    metalmana wrote: »
    RIGHT NOW WE GOT PLAYER GETTING ORBS +10 AGAIN ON ARCHOSAUR SERVER b:surrender

NO ROLLBACK = NO1 BUY GOLDS TO +10 THEIR GEARS (pwi lose)
    NO ROLLBACK = PLAYERS LEAVE (because everyone is already +10 which mean no game balance)

If nothings done im quitting cause half the harshlands sever was able to full +10 their r9rr gear due to pwi's stupidity and error. How hard is it to make a code server specific, especially when the code pertains to perhaps the biggest cash shopped item besides MoG's?
  • Numelle - Raging Tide
    Numelle - Raging Tide Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The page was overloaded and some people took advantage of that. Releasing another code now, especially when they're still dealing with the mess caused by this one, would only end with the same thing happening on a wider scale because more people will now be aware of it and will try to abuse it.

Since they've stated the intend to punish those who were egregiously abusing this, adding even more to that right now is the worst idea they could provide. If they choose to make another code, or even give anything at all to those who missed out, it will likely be in the future when they've been able to put some thought into it to avoid a repeat of this incident.

There was once code, Jade Box If I'm correct, you were able to redeem it but not to open it more then once, and It was not account stashable. And whenever they release new code, who can guarantee that there will be no mayor overload?

My time zone is completely different then time zone of PW office. And I miss out on many great offers because of that. That doesn't meant I can't try to get at least something.

I'm not upset, I'm jealous and sad. And I know you are doing your job as mod, and that you can do so much; but still not enough to please us all.

My inner child is having tantrum over missed out code. b:cry
  • novatheorganoid
    novatheorganoid Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    earthblade wrote: »
    For the time being because of work i only play during the weekends and the original post by (DefenderofDreams - Admin) said that the code was disabled. How about for all of us that never got to use it in the fist place?
    How or when will we know if we are going to be able to get the rewards everyone else got?
    Thanks

If you are not on Archo.... you get NOTHING.

Thanks, have a good day.
  • JackieK - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    Ofcourse why not? i mean Archosaur server had a rollback cause player issues, i mean players fault, then that rollback, again cause palyers fault, caused a mass abusement on all servers, then because palyers fault now they gona be punished, and now why not enabling the code again? it would be players fault again anyays, Archosaur is almost dead, impossible to find 3 TT openers, it can be worse sure, cause player fault and issues coused by players, becouse they dont know how to code a website, i mean the players, not offending anyone ! just saying what could be worse with enabling the code then it is? nothing, let others get Orbs too, then just put the orb in Butique for 2gold...and +11 for 10m and +12 for 25m and thats it, players, ofcourse by players fault the economy is broken anyways, if it gets more broken more player will cashshop everyone knows that, probably the old players will all leave yeah, but they are leaving now too so noone will see the difference b:laugh

At this point i want a roll back cause tbh you're just going to motivate the players who didnt get any 10* orbs to quit, the people who already got 40+ orbs unless they get a perma ban it doesnt do anything, they already have full +10 from cheating the system. So why not re open to code so that the players who got ***** over because of it dont get mad and rage quit over your mistake?
  • Mainac_sin - Lost City
    Mainac_sin - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i think is not the right punishment that thei said thei just lagg/timeout on redeem page for ppl that abused ... cmn , i think anyone are fine with thei 100 orbs and dont go to redeem anymore
    no point on justice , rollback rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllll back
This discussion has been closed.