Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• snooze88
    snooze88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i just think nothing will happen ppl will forget :d just fix the damn code so i can get 1 pack too pffff ahahaha
  • Numelle - Raging Tide
    Numelle - Raging Tide Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

Can you please un-disable it now, so that rest of us get something as well?
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I dont understand.....

Why is everyone dissapointed when they announce they are gonna punish the abusers and compensate those that missed out ?

Sure of course i too wonder how they are going to *** up on that this time, but we gotta give em a chance first to do what they are promissing us before saying they dont do anything.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • blueelephant69
    blueelephant69 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ok how do you track down and punish bug abusers that wont open their mail in maybe a month

you cant

its ridicolous

ROLLBACKKKKKKKKKKKKK NOW

ofc they can - they can trace the amount of codes/orbs/tickets that have been sent/are being sent to a in game mailbox. they have to do it manually like i just stated before and YES it will take some time. i think right now everyone is so intent on raging/quiting/qq-ing that they cant comprehend what will happen. Just cos they dont tell us what happens and who it happens to DOESNT MEAN that nothing actually happens.
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:

UPDATE:
    Here is what I was able to get:

- We will not be rolling back the servers.

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or worldchat.

This is the reason why there will not be a rollback.

this is bs u NEVER ACTUALLY DID ANYTHING TO ANY EXPLOITERS AND MY CONFIDENCE IN YOU BEING ABLE TO DO THAT IS EQUAL TO 0.

THANK YOU, BYE BYE f:fume
  • blueelephant69
    edited November 2013
    yea it shoulda been kept to just arch server but the gms were bein nice and decided to give to every1. yea it was a nice thought but it didnt work out so now ALL of us on ALL the servers are having problems so quit bishing about "only arch deserves blah blah blah"

bahahha u mad bro ? b:laugh u quit bishing u got what u were given now grow up and go +10 your **** b:bye
  • Jakerams - Heavens Tear
    Jakerams - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I dont understand.....

Why is everyone dissapointed when they announce they are gonna punish the abusers and compensate those that missed out ?

Sure of course i too wonder how they are going to *** up on that this time, but we gotta give em a chance first to do what they are promissing us before saying they dont do anything.

When have they ever punished anyone for something major? Never
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Can you please un-disable it now, so that rest of us get something as well?

Pretty sure if they did that right now people would... immediately abuse it again.

Do you really want more of it getting worse?
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • blueelephant69
    edited November 2013
    When have they ever punished anyone for something major? Never

just because they dont send you a ticket or state on forums ; TODAY WE PUNISHED SO N SO FOR DOING SO N SO - doesnt mean they dont do **** like the majority of you people think.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ofc they can - they can trace the amount of codes/orbs/tickets that have been sent/are being sent to a in game mailbox. they have to do it manually like i just stated before and YES it will take some time. i think right now everyone is so intent on raging/quiting/qq-ing that they cant comprehend what will happen. Just cos they dont tell us what happens and who it happens to DOESNT MEAN that nothing actually happens.

Maunally? Ewww
    Use a program to do that
    Oh wait... they have bad programming skills already.
    Yes, yes manual will have to do
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • captainr
    captainr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    buddy i know , and everyone on other servers cant seem to understand that they really werent entitled to anything anyways , they were lucky they got a universal code lol. but majority of this raging is other servers QQing lol. its kinda amusing lol. b:laugh

driving me nuts im mad about months of bs poor decisions on pwes part, the continued assumption that we all hopelessly addicted to the game, the rediculas cost of the game, the lack of proper system maint
    there servers are outdated from a hardware stand point the infrastructure seems to be failing in their network
    no on top i get to look forward to more op pp then b4 cause i know and have fought many of the ppl i seen spamming this glitch know most were OP as ** to begin w
    to me sounds like they got fre +10 and binding on endgame gear while some from arch got nothing on any char on any server
    ive seen this happen b4 in other businesses it happens when the ppl at the top decide they dont have enough money and start to squeeze
    the lack of grammar only show the unintelligent, that the poster them-self is unintelligent. :) You are able to spell very well, good for you b:pleased
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am one of the people who was in the roll back that Arch server had I lost a lot of things and I was very angry. I switched servers and was very happy to receive the orb pack. I am sorry that a few people found a glitch and ruined it for those whom were not able to redeem the code. I don't want a roll back I have been here for 3 years on the Arch server and when you loose everything do to a roll back it makes you mad. Now people are talking about a roll back again and for me and I can not speak for others who had to start over again It will be yet another set back so please do not roll us back.

So you want all of those people who abused this glitch to keep the refines and be even more op?
    f:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    this is not about losing exp or items

this is compromising whole game balance

after this mess did you realize that charm market is gone... dead n buried

it will also be in company's interest to rollback, since none will ever buy charms from boutique\catshops again in the short-mid period

and the same for orbs, who is gonna buy d orb oceans or d orb fire packs after they got 30 +10 and unlimited tishas?
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Lix - Momaganon
    Lix - Momaganon Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    buddy i know , and everyone on other servers cant seem to understand that they really werent entitled to anything anyways , they were lucky they got a universal code lol. but majority of this raging is other servers QQing lol. its kinda amusing lol. b:laugh

Just thought I'd check in on how you're doing expanding the horizons of your thought processes. Oh. Haven't started yet?

KK. I'll check back in later.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    just because they dont send you a ticket or state on forums ; TODAY WE PUNISHED SO N SO FOR DOING SO N SO - doesnt mean they dont do **** like the majority of you people think.

Their past record pretty much shows it though. The goon glitch is the best example to show that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • keeperofkeys
    keeperofkeys Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Pretty sure if they did that right now people would... immediately abuse it again.

Then they need to think of some other way to make it fair for the people who got nothing.
    Not some half-assed, broken, stupid idea like the last few compensations they attempted, they need to think it through and do something that works.
  • Shaftzsk - Heavens Tear
    Shaftzsk - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited November 2013

How would it get worse?
    Everyone know that abusing here is the only way to go.
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    so show us the data that shows only a couple of dozen people abused this glitch- quite frankly i dont think any of us believe you.

same as frost glitch, you will ban a handful of people for a couple of days, they will complain and the bans will be lifted.
    b:bye
  • novatheorganoid
    novatheorganoid Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    that quiet enought !
    iam so tired of ur shet , pwi !
    i don'T faking really care about few orbs , or neither how many people getting it / not getting it !
    but really ? u leave it as it be ? there is a reason that u can not do roll back ? split it out , would ya ? we are ur CUSTOMMER , not ur danm Slaves that ain't allow to know anything about wat going on there , for god sake ! yes for first time in my pwi's life , im mad !!
    imma quiit playin this shet ! b:angryb:angry

For everyone who feels this way.... do us all a favor. Don't announce it, just leave. We're fine with it. If you feel like you want to announce it, mail your friends list, and say in your Guild Chat and World Chat before you do the following: Take every item you own and NPC it. Then drop the money at the highest point above the center of Archosaur West.

Why do this? If you do this, I doubt many people will find the money, it will show you are done with the game. AFTER YOU DO THIS THERE IS ONE MORE STEP. SET ALL TOONS TO DELETE ACROSS ALL SERVERS. LOG OUT AND DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT.

As for people being punished.... It is based off how many times the code was sent to the account. PWI can track what mail goes where. It's no different from a normal email server.

Alrighty then, one final thing.

When you come on to this site and Rage in all colored bolded caps, it hurts my eyes. It disrupts my enjoyment of the site. I will be more than happy to report you for breaking TOS, so keep this in mind. When you come on and rage quit, you are doing the same. So make sure you are actually quitting, as you will probably get reported by more than just me.

Have a nice life quitters.
  • Numelle - Raging Tide
    Numelle - Raging Tide Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited November 2013

No, but If I'm not wrong, I'm sure redeem page is fixed, same as DQ page, and facebook connect page. Since I was not able to get any stuff from DQ, nor I was able to get my blessing.

And If there is gonna be new code, people that "abused" previous code, will redeem that new code again. So I don't see a point in to delaying it anymore. I'm sorry, but I feel very scammed by PWI.
  • Huntedsoul - Dreamweaver
    Huntedsoul - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yes they can, the reason they say it will take a while is because they are going to have to do it manually, they cant risk another roll back because they will lose more people than QQ-ing on the servers about people on other servers that got a few orbs. ROLLBACK - is there last stop if theres no other choice. there was a problem with arch server and they HAD to rollback , there was no other choice, they had other options here and they said it will take a while which is why i assume they will be manually checking. But think of it this way, the people that abused will sit there and think they got away with it and then maybe a few weeks down the line - BOOM - welcome to a perma ban for abusement.(idk if thats a word - sounds good lol)

well the goonz glitch abusers where threathened with perma bans etc nothing happened then the abusers of dreamchaser packs heard only 1 person who got banned and it was a week ban then i seen forum posts and i've heard people talk about how they been "permabanned" yet they still come back after a week or two there was even a screenshot posted on these forums about a "permaban" saying the bantime was insane or whatever and the person is still playing and being a - so theres no such thing as perma bans and well it just seems that they are powerless against these glitch abusers and so on so what it comes down to is.. well if you find a glitch and a way to abuse it do it if you get hundreds of mills of stuff worth i say its worth that 1 week ban ya can use to plan your shopping list but just my opinion =)
  • captainr
    edited November 2013
    then They Need To Think Of Some Other Way To Make It Fair For The People Who Got Nothing.
    Not Some Half-assed, Broken, Stupid Idea Like The Last Few Compensations They Attempted, They Need To Think It Through And Do Something That Works.

Here Here
    the lack of grammar only show the unintelligent, that the poster them-self is unintelligent. :) You are able to spell very well, good for you b:pleased
  • rynxx
    rynxx Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Will the code open back up for those of us who didn't get a chance to download anything before it was disabled for the investigation? It was originally open until the 24th, and it would kind of suck if not everyone gets a chance now to get their packs, especially since others got several...
  • phixion11
    phixion11 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season. which inlcuded other server issues not just ARC server that ha shad problems this last 2 months
  • cafelatte
    cafelatte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sooo, some will be punished, other lucky ones can keep their stuff and the rest of us will get a big NOTHING. Right?
    Oh well. I'm relieved there's no rollback at least, even if I didnt get anything.
  • blondiewannabe
    blondiewannabe Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    b:kiss
  • blueelephant69
    edited November 2013
    captainr wrote: »
    driving me nuts im mad about months of bs poor decisions on pwes part, the continued assumption that we all hopelessly addicted to the game, the rediculas cost of the game, the lack of proper system maint
    there servers are outdated from a hardware stand point the infrastructure seems to be failing in their network
    no on top i get to look forward to more op pp then b4 cause i know and have fought many of the ppl i seen spamming this glitch know most were OP as ** to begin w
    to me sounds like they got fre +10 and binding on endgame gear while some from arch got nothing on any char on any server

no i understand what everyone is saying , im just saying that being mad and asuming that gm's wont do anything about it wont solve any problems. Patience is the key here and im sure we will be kept updated . now i know that while gm's dont keep us updated the best they can or however do there job the best they can , this is one of there BIGGEST **** ups going and they are risking losing alot, so right now im sure they are thinking the best possible ways to solve these problems and keep the higher % of people without to much losses. thats my opinion im not trying to pee people off but i just feel that being so angry at people wont get you anywhere on here or irl.
  • Mainac_sin - Lost City
    Mainac_sin - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    True But Like I See Last Update Thei Didnt Fount A Good Solution Yet , That Meke Me Think Thei Dont Care So Much And Thei Wil Pass Over This Like Buff Pills Glich That Was B4
  • Astraelys - Raging Tide
    Astraelys - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:

UPDATE:
    Here is what I was able to get:

- We will not be rolling back the servers.

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or worldchat.

This is the reason why there will not be a rollback.

Good...but code still disable and alot people can claim the pack with the orbs so...pwi will send via mail the pack to the people don't used yet the code? And how we get the compensation?
  • captainr
    edited November 2013
    well the goonz glitch abusers where threathened with perma bans etc nothing happened then the abusers of dreamchaser packs heard only 1 person who got banned and it was a week ban then i seen forum posts and i've heard people talk about how they been "permabanned" yet they still come back after a week or two there was even a screenshot posted on these forums about a "permaban" saying the bantime was insane or whatever and the person is still playing and being a - so theres no such thing as perma bans and well it just seems that they are powerless against these glitch abusers and so on so what it comes down to is.. well if you find a glitch and a way to abuse it do it if you get hundreds of mills of stuff worth i say its worth that 1 week ban ya can use to plan your shopping list but just my opinion =)

and its the few k ppl like u that made this happen
This discussion has been closed.