Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wow 200 pages already? anyone care to wager on 400 pages? I see it going to 999 pages here. (that's one short of a thousand.)

b:bored
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • Barbique - Lost City
    Barbique - Lost City Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What type of punishment they can give ? They cannot hang the abusers. Either they can bann them or send them a WARNING MAIL.

gms dont do fair with rollback. Gm just say bla bla and they wont do nothing who will change this situation. so what a point still play with glitchers
  • Ivicaserbija - Harshlands
    Ivicaserbija - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    what abbout the ppl that gatt nathing will u guys give another code or what????
  • murderboy22
    murderboy22 Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I want my money that I spended in this game back !
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    If it's anything like the "Goon Glitch" incident...The abusers get 3 day ban and then come back with all the **** b:angry

Then let's hope they've learned from that mistake and issue a serious punishment this time?

Not that we'll know who was punished or what the punishment is from them as they don't really give out those sorts of details but still...
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I doubt they will tamper with the gear and de-refine them.

You doubt but i'm 100% sure they won't becoz they don't have time to go on each account/each character & tamper with the refines. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    On Morai, there are still people getting orbs tho ... im not sure if the message comes by opening some packs or tickets, but however i saw some people in the last minutes getting them ...
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • sanck2107
    sanck2107 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    for people dont have orbs Ocean

We can get it after ?
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The abusers get BANNED for what they were doing.

Their gear doesnt go ANYWHERE since its NONBANKABLE, NONTRADEABLE and BOUND to their characters ...

No reroll and nothing hurt by the spam of the orbs.

But it won't matter if the day is something silly like 3 days, which they have done in the past over other issues such as the goon glitch. If a ban is the only way, it will have to be a permaban, but in pretty much most of their past damage control, they issue only temp bans.

So the abusers keep their things while being sent off on a nice little PWI-free vacation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Ninety_nine - Dreamweaver
    Ninety_nine - Dreamweaver Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There can be much more different types of punishment than ban or warning. They could just make these code abusers gears back to 0, or delete the whole gear. Now that would be a real punishment.

I fully agree. +1
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If players abuse bugs of the game, then they must be punished.

You know the rules.

A three-day ban doesn't discourage people from full +10'ing their gear.

As I said, PWI's idea of justice is basically to fine a criminal who stole $10,000 from a bank and make him pay the court a $50 fee, then they sit there scratching their heads saying "gee I wonder why there's so much crime in our city..."

You may be saying "But Longknife!!! You don't know what punishment they plan on dealing!!" Yes, and neither do you. You wanna know why? Because they didn't tell us. That? That's a problem. If PWI wants to discourage people from abusing glitches, they need to announce the punishment. They need to publicly say "anyone caught abusing will have all gear on all their characters reverted to +0" so that people are scared ****less and don't do it again.
    Instead? Instead we get this, "don't worry guys, I'm going to write these abusers a strongly worded letter saying what I think about them. And I'm gonna include swear words." OOOOOooooh~~ real scary! Wouldn't wanna cross the PWI staff on a bad day!!

I literally cannot stress enough how much of a joke this is, and lord have mercy on the servers the next time someone discovers an exploit. The damage is already done in that regard, whether PWI realizes it or not, because the -MOMENT- the community discovers another glitch (inevitable at some point), people are going to remember this day and this announcement and -EVERYONE- and their mother is going to be exploiting that glitch.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wow 200 pages already? anyone care to wager on 400 pages? I see it going to 999 pages here. (that's one short of a thousand.)

b:bored

I don't think PWI even realizes how much they ****ed up this time.

I wouldn't be surprised, since they don't even play the game.

They probably think ocean orbs are some kind of fashion item you wear on your head, so it's no big deal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • bukatotz
    bukatotz Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    one of your heavy cashshopper customer is gone! goodbye PWI this is so unfair, i paid for all of my refines and u just give it free for other? b:bye
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Then let's hope they've learned from that mistake and issue a serious punishment this time?

Not that we'll know who was punished or what the punishment is from them as they don't really give out those sorts of details but still...

AGREED!... I think we all need to be patient about this. I know it isn't easy but we do need to find the strength to be so, especially if you still like this game. :$
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • SyIver - Dreamweaver
    SyIver - Dreamweaver Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    PWI U DID IT AGAIN!!! This year now Santa wont fill u're pockets anymore BISHES!!! b:angry
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Please re enable the code for the ppl who didn't get a chance to use it. Other servers than Arch had problems.

ON Raging tide it was impossible to log in after maintenance for three weeks. (lasted about 8 hours after each maintenence) + 1-2 weeks of struggling to get faction chat. I realize this isn't as bad as Arch's server roll back, but its something that should not have happened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KorruptSoul - Heavens Tear
    KorruptSoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    someone unsitaleed game !
    nice +1

They will reinstall it on ARC when they come back lol
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bukatotz wrote: »
    one of your heavy cashshopper customer is gone! goodbye PWI this is so unfair, i paid for all of my refines and u just give it free for other? b:bye

Everyone does not use real money like you do. Accept that.
  • Mweya - Heavens Tear
    Mweya - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

UPDATE:
    Here is what I was able to get:

- We will not be rolling back the servers.

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or worldchat.

This is the reason why there will not be a rollback.

any chance the code will work any time soon so i can get my non-abused number of orbs? I am skeptical that you guys can really resolve this without letting everyone abuse it equally or doing a roll back. So can i expect 20 10* orbs in the mail soon?
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »

Im sure they have a completely different staff team now since the goons glitch. Of course I only assume that because we rotated CMs since those events, plus no familiar faces have appeared since then too.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • epiccharms
    epiccharms Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't see how you can fix this without wiping the incident clean. There are people who did and didn't intentionally exploit the code, but nonetheless did. You can punish some and not all, since they all did it and it'd be unfair to ban some (no matter the amount of time).

The balance of this game has been ruined. In one of the posts by someone, they said they people are pissed because they didn't get a chance to exploit the code. NO! Just NO! How selfish do you think we are? I personally am upset because this game is so unbalanced. So many nabs are walking around with a MINIMUM of +10 gear, that's not okay. And what does that make the people who farmed their +10 gear? I don't want to play a game with big headed nabs that have all +10/11 gear, that might just give me a heart attack.

3 Dragon Orbs was plenty, why did they even bring this code in and mess everything up. Their solution to the problem made an even bigger problem. Please just rollback, it's not like it's anything new for you...
  • burgijja1
    burgijja1 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    u ppl is crazy give then to all same number of orbs that mean just 1 i think
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The abusers get BANNED for what they were doing.

Their gear doesnt go ANYWHERE since its NONBANKABLE, NONTRADEABLE and BOUND to their characters ... And its not AHable as some of you cried on about rofl

No reroll and nothing hurt by the spam of the orbs.

As someone keeps saying they are not going to get the ban hammer, just a slap on the wrist, which now that I think about it they most likely will.

About the gear, if they get banned, what happens to their gear? Correct, nothing. When they come back the refines will still be there and they will still be op. Now tell me how is that fair?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wyssewomin - Heavens Tear
    Wyssewomin - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    b:angry So when can we expect a fix? Does it mean we have to wait another week ? I lost four of my check in days on Archosaur due to a fatal error you had on the server and a roll back. You couldnt just give us those days back? nooo you had to go and **** up everybody. Somebody needs to find at least two neurons that connect in your programming department because right now none of them do.
  • metalmana
    metalmana Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Please not tell me that the punishment is 3 days or 1 week ban then the code abuser come back with his gears +10 and 90 orbs in reserve! PLEASE PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    few dozens wat? you have to be kidding me

i want my 1.2k gold back from my d orb merchanting crash
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
    edited November 2013
    spam The Support Ticket System..

Make that your forum sig.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or worldchat.

OMFG he thinks we are blind? He thinks the red spam blinded us to some distortion? We saw with our own eyes the numerous and numerous ocean orbs spilling into the server and he wants to say it didn't really happen the way we saw it happen?

b:sin
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    u will punish "them"? how? 7 days ban? don't make me laugh

i'm ready to be banned for 7 days - just gimme 50+ orbs !!! dumb a$$e$
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    spam The Support Ticket System..

OK.Spam The Support System but don't spam here b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
This discussion has been closed.