Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm still relatively neutral albeit I am leaning towards supporting a rollback.

Overall though I find it most annoying that we have to wait until they announce any sort of news. It sucks not knowing whether there's going to be a rollback or not because players don't know what to do.

I was planning to spend my Friday chilling and playing as well as leveling up the monkey I got last night (which I'll lose in the rollback so they better give the gold back f:sweat).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    cat world2.formatlog | grep "36356" > dragon_orb_ocean.log
    then move to proper date, grep out users whos used code multiple times and BAN em. thats so hard? cmon get a linux root not only lame windwos users

You just banned most people on every server, some of whom only sent the code one time, but which was processed by the server multiple times. Good job!
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • matthieudoncacci
    matthieudoncacci Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    cat world2.formatlog | grep "36356" > dragon_orb_ocean.log
    then move to proper date, grep out users whos used code multiple times and BAN em. thats so hard? cmon get a linux root not only lame windwos users

That is genius :)
    OmbreChild - sage sin - Morai - 105-105-103
    mypers.pw/5/#276700
    OlyChryst - sage cleric - Morai - 101
    OgreCador - demon barb - Morai - 100
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Overall though I find it most annoying that we have to wait until they announce any sort of news. It sucks not knowing whether there's going to be a rollback or not because players don't know what to do.

I was planning to spend my Friday chilling and playing as well as leveling up the monkey I got last night (which I'll lose in the rollback so they better give the gold back f:sweat).

As soon as they have decided to roll back they should send GMs to the servers to announce that they are rolling back...not that they will just a nice thought. If i knew they would do that id stop reading forums and have some fun while i wait. Guess ill jump on and off Facebook for a bit lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Actually check the first post by the gm. This code was released for everyone to use not just Archo. It was just intended to be used once per account not multiple times.

ye ik but from what ive been told its been archo only at first, by sending personal emails (but that failed so they just made the code official; why do u think ppl started getting oceans 1-2 days b4 the official post was made..lol)
    like i said, thats what ive been told

either way, i still dont think other servers than archo shouldve gotten this, i mean, 2weeks of x2 is enough to compensate for server lag and stuff, after 5yrs we should be used to this
  • malllliii
    malllliii Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    so glad to hear your so ready to just roll away a week worth of work, and for the record i never got to use the code once.

wouldnt be a week, would be last maintence i think 0.0, and sadly i didnt get the code either
    RyJfkQI.png
    Youtube Channel
    "A demon's only path to joy is through suffering"
    BigBlackClock 105x3 Assassin
  • metalmana
    metalmana Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    some Players Found A Way To Get Like 100 Dragon Ocean Orb Fast And Free!!!!!!!!!!!! While Some Players Got Only 3... The Games Lost His Balance And Will Die If There Is No Rollback
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    That is genius :)

Does anyone here actually read.

You may pick two.
  • manuhsz
    manuhsz Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    metalmana wrote: »
    WHY PWI's GM WAITING SO MUCH TIME TO ROLLBACK THE SERVERS ??

THE PLAYERS AGREE WITH THE ROLLBACK!!!!!

b:victory
  • Orvet - Morai
    Orvet - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    some Players Found A Way To Get Like 100 Dragon Ocean Orb Fast And Free!!!!!!!!!!!! While Some Players Got Only 3... The Games Lost His Balance And Will Die If There Is No Rollback

Lol dont foget us who didnt get any
  • Kreggor - Sanctuary
    Kreggor - Sanctuary Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Has starbucks opened on west coast yet ?
  • Kargoror - Lost City
    Kargoror - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    WHY PWI's GM WAITING SO MUCH TIME TO ROLLBACK THE SERVERS ??

THE PLAYERS AGREE WITH THE ROLLBACK!!!!!
    malllliii wrote: »
    wouldnt be a week, would be last maintence i think 0.0, and sadly i didnt get the code either

at the speed pwi works well lucky if its only a week, like every other major glitch they are slow to fixing it or making amends.
    It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013

OMG.....that is a great question lol. This thread has officially devolved into banter lolb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

06:52 on WC atm.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • __StarsKy__ - Heavens Tear
    __StarsKy__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    omg stop QQing and get over it I spend tonz of real life money in the game and im not mad I payed for all my gear and the noob next to me got free +10 on his stuff. for once the rich gotr richer but my noob poor friends also got rich. makes for better fights when I cant one shot every other person so stop QQing and just let it be pwi has never been fair so WHY ARE YOU ALL SHOCKED AGAIN!
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2013

OMG you got it!!! YEY, congrats, Desdi!!!! I'm almost done saving up for my harpy as well! Still wishing for a sexy sale, but that'll probably happen in June .-. .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eytukan - Heavens Tear
    Eytukan - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    SweetieBot: Fix this Glitch will ya?f:bike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kreggor - Sanctuary
    Kreggor - Sanctuary Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Think we can get 5K on pages before reply from some1 at pwi?
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I hope all the people whining for a roll back get their roll back. Watching the QQ would be a great way to procrastinate on the 3 separate group projects I have to work on.
  • ShadeParadox - Raging Tide
    ShadeParadox - Raging Tide Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    omg stop QQing and get over it I spend tonz of real life money in the game and im not mad I payed for all my gear and the noob next to me got free +10 on his stuff. for once the rich gotr richer but my noob poor friends also got rich. makes for better fights when I cant one shot every other person so stop QQing and just let it be pwi has never been fair so WHY ARE YOU ALL SHOCKED AGAIN!

Your argument is invalid for those who got nothing.
  • Wendigo - Momaganon
    Wendigo - Momaganon Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You just banned most people on every server, some of whom only sent the code one time, but which was processed by the server multiple times. Good job!

read again... GREP OUT USERS WHOS USED CODE MULTIPLE TIMES!
    anyway i sent a ticket with message where i explained how to solve this problem, they probably not read itb:pleased

anyway which +10 orb is used, already can get from serverlog. just inform you all.. everything is logged in a pwserver except one thing, but i wont write right here
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited November 2013

sure, gimme 100-200 DOrb + event gold + xp scrolls and I'll shut up.
    but you don't seem smart tho, spending/buying gear with RL money in this game.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013

I also did say pwi is not fair. lol sucks for the people that didn't get it but oh well. I think its funny -heres a cookie-
  • Ghouls - Raging Tide
    Ghouls - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    they could give the new helmet and robe for those who used the code only once.
    I accept to continue playing
    edited November 2013
    sure, gimme 100-200 DOrb + event gold + xp scrolls and I'll shut up.
    but you don't seem smart tho, spending/buying gear with RL money in this game.

like im the only person that spends in this game... not very smart for you to think that way
  • Kargoror - Lost City
    Kargoror - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited November 2013

and so is yours for those who lose everything, my self as an example i farmed a lot of stuff both in tt and ws in the last few days and i got nothing from code, so i stand to lose everything and gain nothing from a roll back.
    It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    anyway i sent a ticket with message where i explained how to solve this problem, they probably not read itb:pleased

anyway which +10 orb is used, already can get from serverlog. just inform you all.. everything is logged in a pwserver except one thing, but i wont write right here

You have no way in code of differentiating between people who spam clicked the button, and people who just clicked it once (or maybe twice because it wasn't loading) and had multiple requests sent to the server.

You may pick two.
  • LodeJunior - Archosaur
    LodeJunior - Archosaur Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2013

That is if you are assuming that the GMs here have access to the logs firstly and if no, whether the China team would be bothered with the GMs here to spend time to do that.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Please make an application at PWI.

You appears to be much more qualified than everyone working there at the moment.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Punish the people who abused it. Not the people who lagged out and got lucky. Rollback's the dumbest idea for this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
This discussion has been closed.