Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• VairyHagina - Morai
    VairyHagina - Morai Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    just Make The Rollback And Everyone Happy

this one gave me eye cancer b:shocked
  • longshadowace1
    longshadowace1 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I just want 1 of the code to many alts dragging the system down with the code give some of us a shot at the code.
  • Mweya - Heavens Tear
    Mweya - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    most of these posts want a rollback. I think thats probably the least worst option.

PWI should either eliminate all the items they added as compensation for the accidental rollback except the ones they gave in the initial codes via email to the people actually logged in on the archosaur server OR

they should roll back all the servers equally and as compensation for our troubles this week i suggest that they can give us all $10 worth of zen to spend on whatever of their games we chose to spend it on, and make this apply to all accounts whether or not they happened to be here during this week.

I hope they take the time to think this over and don't rush to fix it but take the time to make a sensible fix that cannot be exploited by abusers.
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yeah easier for the abusers to move on that those that didnt even got it ..

the one you Quoted used that code more the once..ijs :D just be carefull what you saying :D not that it matter at all b:chuckle +1 post again
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XScootaloo - Dreamweaver
    XScootaloo - Dreamweaver Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i also had no idea about this code before and now cant even use it the 1 time.

same here :s does anypony know when this is getting fixed?
    With the living avatars of friendship by your side and the orbital friendship cannon at your back, look the wraiths in there soulless eyes and ask them. "will you accept my friendship undead scum?"

[sigpic][/sigpic]
  • RichardCRahl - Sanctuary
    RichardCRahl - Sanctuary Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Personally i think the developers came from Obamacare which means give them two years, and after 100 other probs they will get this one fixed.
    For example some of us dont even have avatar pics for the forums, which they said they fixed ages ago
  • jessjesss
    jessjesss Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    just Make The Rollback And Everyone Happy

"Everyone happy"? No such thing!!
  • Stoli - Heavens Tear
    Stoli - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Leaving the orbs in the game is just gonna further cripple the game..it's either a rollback or hunt down the thieves that exploited the code....you guys/gals not wanting a rollback just how many orbs did you get?

The problem with hunting down said abusers, is that you won't be able to tell those that actually purposely abused versus those that just did what the site told them to do. I've got guildies who were doing as the site directed and ended up with 3 sets of orbs. Should they be banned for doing something they had no clue they'd actually get items for? That seems a bit unfair for those that were only re-doing the redeem since the site said wait 10 minutes and didn't ever tell them the code was used...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heaven's Tear--
    Stoli -- Sage Cleric (Main) -- Dominus Marshal
    _River -- 101 Demon Veno (Retired)
    Echosaridy -- 101 Sage Sin (Alt)
    Sarifikara -- 80 Blademaster (Future Demon)
  • Cianuro - Archosaur
    Cianuro - Archosaur Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Leaving the orbs in the game is just gonna further cripple the game..it's either a rollback or hunt down the thieves that exploited the code....you guys/gals not wanting a rollback just how many orbs did you get?

Actually, I only got one from the original code sent out, and never received a code for my other two orbs. Still would rather just pick up the pieces and move on rather than have another rollback, that's just another huge pain in the ***, especially as this goes on longer.
  • liamerindia
    liamerindia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A rollback will just compound the error, and people will be screwed again from the first one. Ya, it sucks if you weren't able to take advantage of the code and really what did people expect with a reusable code I mean come on now. As far as losing money....if people are going to spend money on one thing they will probably spend it on something else. I got a whole bunch of fashion from the event gold and I'll probably splurge on dye >< Dont judge me I want ballet dresses in all the colours of the rainbow :P Besides now people need to buy +11 and +12 orbs to be even more OP lol PLUS gems/ DOD's etc for their gear.

If you were effected by the rollback and weren't able to use the code, I do really hope you get compensated. Really what was the worst part of the rollback wasn't so much the lost items/etc but the time spent working on ones toon which honestly Dragon Orbs don't really make up for. (Though all the fashion from event gold sorta did :P )
  • Redlycan - Heavens Tear
    Redlycan - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    wow i just got home from work. and hear about this pack we are getting. just to find out we cant get it.f:cryf:cryf:cryf:cry
  • YoungerLover - Archosaur
    YoungerLover - Archosaur Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

my vote is a ban and removal of any compensation to the offenders
  • SuckMyCrit - Momaganon
    SuckMyCrit - Momaganon Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Personally i think the developers came from Obamacare which means give them two years, and after 100 other probs they will get this one fixed.
    For example some of us dont even have avatar pics for the forums, which they said they fixed ages ago

silly if they came from obamacare the website wouldnt even work in the first place xD
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    At this point another rollback would be really bad for PWE. The code is now disabled. No one can use it. The orbs and items are bound anyway so they cant be sold. There should have been one code for all in the first place and none of this would have happened. Let bygones be bygones call it done and leave it rest. Don't roll back again due to a few stupid people. b:sad

We're tired of letting bygones be bygones..it's time for pwi to step up to the plate and do something about this! We all know they won't tho!
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Personally I feel that the abusers are at just as much fault as pwe/pwi... sure pwi/pwe basically just asks for things like this to happen when they don't enforce their rules, and make examples out of people, but still even if we know we can just get away with it... it is still our lack of scruples that allows some of us to abuse something everytime something new comes out. Not to mention it is true that their faulty codes or w/e allowed for this to happen. (Though it can be ridicolously hard to account for everything that might go wrong) Still I believe that the gaming community as well as pwi/pwe are at fault.

(Again I didn't abuse it, but I did get the first set)... So sad that it was abused. D:

if 99% of players were scrupled and refused to take advantage (not exploit) of shoddy work...

we would still have goons glitch and every other glitch... simply because it was not being done enough to elicit a response or draw a flag. shamelessly taking advantage brings an issue to the forefront. if the dreamchasers were not being used by so many (like if the small group who figured it out just shut up) then nobody would really have known it was being taken advantage of.

why make a restriction you can't enforce? they knew because of the dreamchaser fiasco that redemption codes were not being coded properly, yet they failed to test this code to make sure it wouldn't happen again. if it was not so clearly and fully abused then nothing would have happened and a few new +12 r999 ppl would pop up overnight and nobody would be the wiser.

either stop playing the game so much, to show them you won't consume a shoddy product...

or suck it up and plan for a rollback, because your continued support ensure that they won't need to do better. all they need to do is rollback and do x5 exp/drop/spirit until new years... so more people can be 105 in order to migrate more players to those new zones and using reincarnation....

notice how glitches seem to perfectly align to future content ......
  • Soleehungwel - Harshlands
    Soleehungwel - Harshlands Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I paid for mine and don't really care if people get for free will be new gear with expansion and wont transfer so all new then anyway . Yes was a problem some got many some got none but as with the sfc some dint get some did and game went on same way with the MOG glitch that so many used to get r9 and so on and so on.

Was a nice jester and helped some but what I'm seeing is most complaining are ones that were OP and some that though they were. Get over it and continue playing in reality I see same people gank pvp at west and silver as before nothing has changed.

Many quit when rank gear came many on archo server quit with roll back, if want quit go head it was more then just this anyway.
    Boo hoo ya spent a fortune and now others can compete against you.
    Is a damn game quit taking it so serious and have fun.

Thank you pwi for at least trying ,
    edited November 2013

It was not an exploit, if you couldnt do what everyone almost could, blame youserf, your just jelousb:kiss

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mweya - Heavens Tear
    Mweya - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    At this point another rollback would be really bad for PWE. The code is now disabled. No one can use it. The orbs and items are bound anyway so they cant be sold. There should have been one code for all in the first place and none of this would have happened. Let bygones be bygones call it done and leave it rest. Don't roll back again due to a few stupid people. b:sad

but the problem is uber-abusers now have their gear upgraded with up to 20 10* orbs.. how are the rest of us on the server who have worked hard on our gears for years going to deal with that.

The only solution is a rollback or pwi going back and deleting ALL the orbs except those awarded to the people on the archosaur server.
  • Vhori - Harshlands
    Vhori - Harshlands Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    a Rollback Will Just Compound The Error, And People Will Be Screwed Again From The First One. Ya, It Sucks If You Weren't Able To Take Advantage Of The Code And Really What Did People Expect With A Reusable Code I Mean Come On Now. As Far As Losing Money....if People Are Going To Spend Money On One Thing They Will Probably Spend It On Something Else. I Got A Whole Bunch Of Fashion From The Event Gold And I'll Probably Splurge On Dye >< Dont Judge Me I Want Ballet Dresses In All The Colours Of The Rainbow :p Besides Now People Need To Buy +11 And +12 Orbs To Be Even More Op Lol Plus Gems/ Dod's Etc For Their Gear.

If You Were Effected By The Rollback And Weren't Able To Use The Code, I Do Really Hope You Get Compensated. Really What Was The Worst Part Of The Rollback Wasn't So Much The Lost Items/etc But The Time Spent Working On Ones Toon Which Honestly Dragon Orbs Don't Really Make Up For. (though All The Fashion From Event Gold Sorta Did :p )

Lol...
  • __Sami__ - Archosaur
    __Sami__ - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lets just point out the math people have been doing bout PWEs losses is **** exactly for the same reason as lawsuits against piracy tend to be, regarding the compensation part. Every single item is considered as its full worth as if people would of paid for them had they not gotten it for free. Yes, PWE lost money but they lost far more with giving out the code to everybody than with people abusing it to death.

As for rollback, I rather not have it. Only marginal portion of playerbase abused it, minority of those abused it to the point of 20+ orbs. Rolling back will only cause major issues again and its only gonna annoy everybody. And honestly, only real problem that was caused with the abuse is people who went to +11, +10 really isnt all that terrifying.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/104/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#135691 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • ReddHawt - Archosaur
    ReddHawt - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There is no need for a rollback, you all forget we had this same problem last year if im not mistaken, with maiden kissed chests. PWI banned those who exploited the glitch for week and took all the items away. So good chance thats what they will do this time.
  • Clokey - Harshlands
    Clokey - Harshlands Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jessjesss wrote: »
    "Everyone happy"? No such thing!!

just ppl that get alot orbs don't want roll back,,, so u don't buy it just put code and abuse of it... rollback and just think that nothing was happening
    edited November 2013
    but the problem is uber-abusers now have their gear upgraded with up to 20 10* orbs.. how are the rest of us on the server who have worked hard on our gears for years going to deal with that.

The only solution is a rollback or pwi going back and deleting ALL the orbs except those awarded to the people on the archosaur server.

Yes rollback all the servers except Archosaur +1 to this post ! b:laugh

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathhugs
    deathhugs Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    b:angry
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.
  • superbian
    superbian Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just going to point out that PWI gave away 75 gold worth of oceans to each of us. That's $75 worth of free stuff. Not to mention the Charms, Event gold and Apo. And half the server abused it. In a way, it amounts to theft. PWI literally cannot win. They just tried to give all their players that much free stuff (what gave have you ever heard give away $75 worth, Riot had massive server issues and gave its players $4 worth of RP, and an IP boost), and they still are getting lambasted by the players. As an entire player base, we're an ungrateful and undeserving lot.
  • Vhori - Harshlands
    Vhori - Harshlands Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There is no need for a rollback, you all forget we had this same problem last year if im not mistaken, with maiden kissed chests. PWI banned those who exploited the glitch for week and took all the items away. So good chance thats what they will do this time.

I sincerely hope for this...
  • malinozes
    malinozes Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Wasnt it dreamchaser?
  • Daenerys_ - Archosaur
    Daenerys_ - Archosaur Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    the one you Quoted used that code more the once..ijs :D just be carefull what you saying :D not that it matter at all b:chuckle +1 post again

Don't throw accusations around without having the facts. For all you know "they" may have been redeeming codes after checking their email for the first time in a while i.e. using yesterday's codes... in addition to using TODAY's code.

Just because you see a particular name more than 3 times, does not necessarily mean they're abusing the system.
    As soon as you're born you start dying... so you might as well have a good time. b:victory
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    wtf ppl spam getting 10* on sanctuary like hundreds of them.........
  • Tetream - Lost City
    Tetream - Lost City Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    TIME FOR EMERGENCY MAINTAINANCE!
    Shut down all servers NOW!

This is the worst bug which ever happened.
    Shut down all servers now or you will lose everything. You job included.

The whole pwe staff has to focus on pwi now!
    YES, you all have to be at work this weekend, deal with it!

This discussion has been closed.