Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    there better not be a rollback on arch server again or i'm gonna be 1 pissed off person. i did nothing wrong and shouldn't be punished. i'm working towards R9 don't *** that up. we all know well friends do i'm a nice girl but damn it there is only so much a girl can take!!!!

i don't care if it was a 24 hr rollback or whatever.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • GrandKilady - Archosaur
    GrandKilady - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I remember early in one MMO (look at my sig for the game I'm talking about), there was an exploit where people could very cheaply refine all their gears to +12 (yes, that game has a +12 system similar to PWI). The whole server was up in arms about it, +12 messages were rolling across the chat.

Within a few hours, ALL of those +12 items disappeared, without even the need to roll back. The people who glitched and exploited lost all the mats they used exploiting this glitch. A gamemaster came on and said in chat, "We do not tolerate abuse of game glitches or mechanics in any way, and those who used this glitch will not be reimbursed for their materials".

The population that didn't cheat cheered for joy that day b:chuckle.

That's how a company PROPERLY handles something like this without completely destroying their reputation.

probably the best idea ive heard all day
  • RichCyphr - Heavens Tear
    RichCyphr - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    RollBack Please... This is ridiculous..
  • Vhori - Harshlands
    Vhori - Harshlands Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I really do feel sorry for PWI staff right now, this has got to suck. Hope you guys can come up with a nice solution, because these people with +50 ocean orbs, platinum charms, exp and other things, will completely kill the game. I got the gifts I was supposed to receive and I was very satisfied, it was a very nice gift and thank you for trying for the community. However, this is just a nightmare now, all of my enemies have +10 gears while i'm still in the +6-7 **** "THAT I FARMED AND REFINED" so it's really not fair. And to top that off, only one of my toons received all of the rewards...I say roll back this beautiful bean footage at least an hour or so before the madness of spamming began. Put a lock on the code until it's fixed completely and then hand out rewards.

I just had my wedding today, a roll back too far will take it away and the people who showed up and gave their time to be there -.- Idk how you will fix this without **** over all of your innocent players. This is just ridiculous, shame on the people abusing this code but then again, who can blame them for taking an advantage like this? Specially since this game already drains all of your coins and you only get **** gear, why not take an advantage to get some great gear for free? Idk, this is just bad man...
  • cgatsby
    cgatsby Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Rollback Its Just Few Hours, Or You Prefer To Wait Until 3 Days And Rollback Like Before?
  • jessami
    jessami Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I literally cannot believe you did this to us. I mean, you finally reimbursed Arch, then you give it to everyone, and now we're facing a second rollback. I literally hadn't used the packs I legitimately earned for my lost time in Arch because they were rare enough I needed to think about who they went to. I don't even care about the packs anymore. You don't care about Arch, you care about credit cards. No one else cared when it rolled back, everyone cared when we got something, and now we stand to lose the 5x time that was our only unique reward. I know I'll lose more time than last because honestly, who expects lightning to hit twice the same month after four years without? And you'll give everyone 5x to apologize for the last issue.
  • Vhori - Harshlands
    Vhori - Harshlands Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Actually, think i'll go SS everything in my inventory just in case or a huge roll back... I just got some amazing things and some things are from friends who just left the game for good...
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I remember early in one MMO (look at my sig for the game I'm talking about), there was an exploit where people could very cheaply refine all their gears to +12 (yes, that game has a +12 system similar to PWI). The whole server was up in arms about it, +12 messages were rolling across the chat.

Within a few hours, ALL of those +12 items disappeared, without even the need to roll back. The people who glitched and exploited lost all the mats they used exploiting this glitch. A gamemaster came on and said in chat, "We do not tolerate abuse of game glitches or mechanics in any way, and those who used this glitch will not be reimbursed for their materials".

The population that didn't cheat cheered for joy that day b:chuckle.

That's how a company PROPERLY handles something like this without completely destroying their reputation.
    yeah but that company or whatever probably had more control than PWE whos like a branch company of a bigger one of china. You can claim their independent but the reality is still they dont have 100% power. So thats a bad example to apply here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Professor_X - Heavens Tear
    Professor_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Roll it Back
  • zoltan1976
    zoltan1976 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Are we happy now, folks? Really, I hope everyone who abused this is proud of themselves.

We had an issue on one server and the folks at PWI who have the least power and the most to worry about managed to beg and plead with their bosses until they got us some major compensation for our issues.

Then a bunch of mostly jealous people rant about how it's unfair that they decided to let those with the compensation do as they pleased with it. Not to mention plenty of demands to make it so everyone got something due to the mess it was causing in some's opinions.

So these same people saw the concerns and decided that you guys were right and that they should give us all a hand. So they went through their bosses. Again. And hurray we all got level playing field.

It should have ended there... but no, that wasn't good enough for some. Instead, people had to abuse the goodwill of the people with the LEAST POWER IN THE COMPANY to get a massive advantage over others. Because, hey, why play fair and kindly accept what the GMs who obviously care worked their butts off to get for us.

So now here we are in this screwed up situation with people getting +10 orbs left and right as well as tons of event gold by breaking the system while others, who are just trying to legitimately get ONE, are screwed entirely. Really, guys? When PWI tries to do right by us they get this kind of stark reminder of why they should stay away?

Honestly, I'll be surprised if they ever try to be good to us again after this. Yeah they can **** up a lot. And yeah they have tons of mistakes and issues... but having us do **** like this the instant they try to be better? Yeah that's sure gonna help encourage them to be more open with us and be more willing to help us out and compensate us when issues arise.

Yeah. I know many who are here weren't abusing this or didn't try to. But the fact is enough people did. Those of you who know the exploit, I sincerely hope you aren't going to be hypocrites and enjoy the double standard of abusing glitches in your favor but getting in an uproar about those that aren't in your favor.... aka I hope you've reported how this glitch is performed so it can be stopped.

I'm all for yelling at PWE when they **** up. But as players, this fiasco shows we're the ones who screwed up this time. And those guilty of **** over everyone else in the aftermath of whatever happens because of this should feel horrible about themselves.

And this is a rant as a fellow player and member of the community. Not as a mod.

I do respect the almost only MOD seeing replying on the forum, no offense for others but Kossy is the one im seeing, and what you said is right, but a code what you can use every 10 mins is not an exploit or a glitch, it is someones fault, just dont understand why is players fault, what does a player have with SITE coding failure, i dont understand why you blame players, redeem page said use it in 10mins again, so players used it, why is that players fault??? As i know a lot of players used ingame glitch to get to lvl105 and they are still lvl105, noone was blaming them, and now when someone made a code, and that wasnt a player, what can be used multiple times every 10 minutes, players are quilty? now im asking why???
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So please, elaborate more about how someone at PWE is too incompetent, because I for one, read the forums, saw the "1 Use per account" and when I redeemed my code, simply ignored the "please wait 10 minutes".
    Some (many?) people did not read the forum and went directly to the redeem page. When seeing the 10-mins wait message, why should they not do as instructed? They waited 10 minutes and asked for another bundle. And repeated again and again. They only did what the redeem page told them to do : wait 10 minutes and ask for another one.

As for those asking for a server's rollback. Don't count on it, they must all have left for home by now and PWE's offices must be empty by now.

They should have closed the servers as soon as they noticed what was happening. Why did they not do that? More incompetence...
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • maveric54
    maveric54 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I normally wouldn't agree to something like a roll back, but I think people should only have gotten the same rewards. I say 24 hour roll back fix the code and re-release it.
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If this doesn't get rolled back, I'm officially done.

People just received in a couple hours what it took me forever to farm.
  • overcomem
    overcomem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Dear GMs

Why u keep these happen? it's not player's fault. It is your fault directly. Compensation should be for Arch players only. Why not send +10 orb to toon's mail in game directly but give a code that ppl on another server can use it. I see ur way to solve this problem but should not let it happens like this. It is All your fault.

if you still don't have any good resolution about this. It's my time to go and will never come back again. How about those people +10 their gears by their effort ( real cash/ farming in game ). I got +10 orbs x3 and another stuffs but I Don't like your compensation with this resolution. I know people or GMs don't care what i say. If no roll back or do something else that Fair for all. It's time go to back in real life and good bye forever.

I hope you will not roll back so that will force me to quit forever even new expansion will come soonb:laugh. I don't know I'm happy or crazy but playing this game cost my life so much. If I quit my life would be better for sure but still sad about all of the time which I used for playing game but Life must go on!!.
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    go do it urselft w/o having a backup .... smart a$$

i dont need to do there technical works they dont pay me any thing u should rather say things that make more sense.. dumb-Butt
  • LegendSin - Harshlands
    LegendSin - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    NO ROLLBACK >.>b:surrender
  • ebc7
    ebc7 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    one thing to cancel sale, another to let crazy laps in security frill the economy.
  • Grindata_ - Heavens Tear
    Grindata_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i cant even log onto the redeem page this is really annoying keep getting gateway timeouts.
  • Clokey - Harshlands
    Clokey - Harshlands Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    overcomem wrote: »
    Dear GMs

Why u keep these happen? it's not player's fault. It is your fault directly. Compensation should be for Arch players only. Why not send +10 orb to toon's mail in game directly but give a code that ppl on another server can use it. I see ur way to solve this problem but should not let it happens like this. It is All your fault.

if you still don't have any good resolution about this. It's my time to go and will never come back again. How about those people +10 their gears by their effort ( real cash/ farming in game ). I got +10 orbs x3 and another stuffs but I Don't like your compensation with this resolution. I know people or GMs don't care what i say. If no roll back or do something else that Fair for all. It's time go to back in real life and good bye forever.

I hope you will not roll back so that will force me to quit forever even new expansion will come soonb:laugh. I don't know I'm happy or crazy but playing this game cost my life so much. If I quit my life would be better for sure but still sad about all of the time which I used for playing game but Life must go on!!.

and now u will better for that? rollback
  • ebc7
    ebc7 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    roll it back to last update
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I agree with Kossy on all points except that this isn't PWE's fault.
    1) They've used this system before and seen it abused repeatedly
    and
    2) They're redoing the 'rewards' system to help combat this issue.
    So then WHY would they attempt to distribute a reward via the current method as big as +10 orbs when it's pretty much inevitable that it can accidentally and purposefully be exploited?

Really they -need- to make a swift decision on how to deal with this huge mistake. If that means a rollback, they need to do it soon, because with the 5x and 2x active the effect of a rollback will only get exponentially larger for the playing community the longer they debate a solution.
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    its there habit to mess stuffs up n blame players for it if u give ppl opportunity to exploit they will definitely do so
  • SuckMyCrit - Momaganon
    SuckMyCrit - Momaganon Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ppl they cant just simply rollback to 5 mins before the code came out they need to rollback to a back up of the server. and im guessing they only back up the servers once a week during maint
  • Skymi - Raging Tide
    Skymi - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's not fair. =(

Please rollback so everyone is on equal footing again.
  • fkcpwe
    fkcpwe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    going to be furious if I don't hit 100 this weekend due to rollback b:angry
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i dont need to do there technical works they dont pay me any thing u should rather say things that make more sense.. dumb-Butt

read all pages b4 u start qqing then? if u still dont understand check the post number 238

it rly makes me LOL @ all those ppl begging for a "small" rollback when they don't even know how it rly works...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • rapholder
    rapholder Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well Done.. If your goal was to compensate Arch Server by making all the servers NEED a rollback, then mission complete!

Roll Back Now, before you kill this game.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If Archo's rollback is any indication, a rollback is likely to take everyone back to last Saturday. Enjoy.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • surebank69
    surebank69 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i cant even log onto the redeem page this is really annoying keep getting gateway timeouts.
    its because the page is down
  • deathconsumer92
    deathconsumer92 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i agree no rollback i am near 100 and don't spend more time and money to get there!
This discussion has been closed.