Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• MyAzzItch - Dreamweaver
    MyAzzItch - Dreamweaver Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

what ajoke can't get the free prize cause off your overload with multis what a joke
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is so sad, everything that pve does do to make up for things that happen gets abused. Grow up guys

b:surrender
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    On mishap in archo server just spread to the rest of server, just because PWI trying to compensate what the abuser do (selling the dorbs code to other server).

And now PWI attempt to compensate that has yet been abused/glitched again b:surrender

Like river flows, this will never ends.

I support rollback to moment before this code is released.
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    it is PWE's fault if people are able to so freely abusive ANYTHING.

if they dont take the time to test their content before distributing it, then of course they deserve blame, and people DESERVE that pink slip they might be getting.

anyone who has taken any sort of programming classes in school can attest that testing and validation and simple experimentation (AND DOCUMENTATION and CODING ARCHITECTURES) would have avoided situations like this.

the people exploiting it of course gambled with their ability to play, but if you think about it, it is not much of a gamble because they never lose. if they started losing (being banned, having their accounts reset, etc) then people would be less prone to exploit something. until that time people are going to exploit whatever they can and i can't blame them because the people who manage the game are the failing to implement their own content properly.

the only way they will learn is if ppl just constantly force these types of event where they have to resort to measures that turn many people in the player base away.

just stop playing because we all need to accept they will have to roll them servers back.
  • cgatsby
    cgatsby Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just roll back until time before the code for all was released
  • gamecrazygal
    gamecrazygal Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    have not read this entire thread...i put in the code once and my inbox is flooded with orbs? why? and is that considered abuse? i didn't open them...b:surrender
  • metalmana
    metalmana Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2013

UPDATE:

SOMEONE PLAYERS KEEP GETTING ORBS ON ARCHOSAUR SERVER and THESE PLAYERS ALREADY GOT MORE THAN 50 ORBS WTFb:shocked
  • cgatsby
    edited November 2013
    roll back before its getting longer b:shocked
  • _Dezerae_ - Archosaur
    _Dezerae_ - Archosaur Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ultimately it is PWI's fault they did not check the submit button to make sure it could not be spammed but.... lots of people could not even get it once because the forums page was so jammed up you could not even submit the code once. Now we have a server with a huge amount of 10+ that are using the refining sale going on to go +11 and +12. Wow seems like a total upset on the sever now.

So what is pwi going to do to the people that abused the code, it does say in the post the code can only be used once per account (just like it did with the maiden kiss chests and people got banned for that). I challenge pwi to research and ban them those that abuse the system just like they did before when this happened.

Thanks for the gifts pwi....even though i could not use this last code you posted today.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Are we happy now, folks? Really, I hope everyone who abused this is proud of themselves.

/start mad kossy

/end mad kossy

And this is a rant as a fellow player and member of the community. Not as a mod.
    well rest assured i dont think not all of them used a glitch if there even was one. I know some pple who got double or triple the amount just by clicking once during the lagging phase of the redeem site. Although that ended when their mail box got full.
    The ones you really want to investigate are those that got way over that, basically constantly emptying their mail. If those say they have absolutely no clue as to why they got over 20 30 or 50, then yeah id raise a brow too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • derelict54
    derelict54 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So first they never e-mailed me the codes and now before i get to use there disabled -.-
  • sleepy1942
    sleepy1942 Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ok PWI looks to be on it`s last leg , RIP PWI , tell me a good game i can go to now plz:sad
  • RichCyphr - Heavens Tear
    RichCyphr - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There better be a roll-back.. People popping up on HT with 30+ 10* orbs because their stupid code glitched. Everyone that worked to +10 their gear should be really pissed..!!!!
  • cgatsby
    edited November 2013
    every1 will be happy if that is really once per account -.-
    not like this, so rollback and make it once per account.
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    honestly according to me this is the best time to reroll...
    because of the abuse many of the players were not able to take there orbs while other lol some got to +11... i think re rolling back to the time when u 1st gave the codes out would be the best n re give the code fixing the abuse prob... if u guys just gona fix abuse now it would be unfair to many of us.... ty
  • YoungerLover - Archosaur
    YoungerLover - Archosaur Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:

so im gonna get punished cause other people did wrong?
  • GhostHealer - Heavens Tear
    GhostHealer - Heavens Tear Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    karmelia wrote: »
    You hire a guy to fix some electrical wires in your house. the guy is an incompetent, he don't do his job right and soon afterwards your house catch fire because of his sloppy work. Quite frankly, I HOPE this guy will loose his job so he won't do other bad jobs at others' houses.

If some PWE's employees are too incompetent to make some of their features right, maybe they should not be doing the job they are currently doing?

Okay, 1) Your example is completely different from the current situation. Has anyone's homes caught fire because of this? Yeah, didn't think so.
    2) To go along with your example, the guy comes in, fixes the wires, and then someone notices something isn't quiet right, so they keep poking it and poking it and poking it until it catches fire, so then, who really is at fault? The electrician or the moron who kept poking it?
    So please, elaborate more about how someone at PWE is too incompetent, because I for one, read the forums, saw the "1 Use per account" and when I redeemed my code, simply ignored the "please wait 10 minutes".
    It still comes down to the PWI community who right out abused the gift.
    Again, did you read my full post? "When you point fingers at someone, you have 3 more pointing back at you"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • overcomem
    overcomem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Dear GMs

Why u keep these happen? it's not player's fault. It is your fault directly. Compensation should be for Arch players only. Why not send +10 orb to toon's mail in game directly but give a code that ppl on another server can use it. I see ur way to solve this problem but should not let it happens like this. It is All your fault.

if you still don't have any good resolution about this. It's my time to go and will never come back again. How about those people +10 their gears by their effort ( real cash/ farming in game ). I got +10 orbs x3 and another stuffs but I Don't like your compensation with this resolution. I know people or GMs don't care what i say. If no roll back or do something else that Fair for all. It's time go to back in real life and good bye forever.

I hope you will not roll back so that will force me to quit forever even new expansion will come soon b:laugh. I don't know I'm happy or crazy but playing this game cost my life so much. If I quit my life would be better for sure but still sad about all of the time which I used for playing game but Life must go on!!.
  • Guttentag - Harshlands
    Guttentag - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Seems like a lot of chatter about so little... PWI seems to do this kind of thing a lot. Overall the game has a lot of issues, been playing it for over 5 years. This all could have been avoided if they configured the site correctly. I don't seem to have these problems on other games...
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    honestly according to me this is the best time to reroll...
    because of the abuse many of the players were not able to take there orbs while other lol some got to +11... i think re rolling back to the time when u 1st gave the codes out would be the best n re give the code fixing the abuse prob... if u guys just gona fix abuse now it would be unfair to many of us.... ty

go do it urselft w/o having a backup .... smart a$$
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yep..looks that way..and damn I had 5% to go on my psy getting lvl 100 lol.b:cry
  • cgatsby
    edited November 2013
    Get back the engineer that you fired that made mistake until archosaur server need to be rollback. b:laugh
    Ask him/her to make it again to all server b:laugh

ROLLBACK BEFORE ITS GETTING LONGER
  • /fk - Harshlands15
    /fk - Harshlands15 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Now this orbs are a good idea for the DQ Reward. I can`t pay rl money to get something that others get for free.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I remember early in one MMO (look at my sig for the game I'm talking about), there was an exploit where people could very cheaply refine all their gears to +12 (yes, that game has a +12 system similar to PWI). The whole server was up in arms about it, +12 messages were rolling across the chat.

Within a few hours, ALL of those +12 items disappeared, without even the need to roll back. The people who glitched and exploited lost all the mats they used exploiting this glitch. A gamemaster came on and said in chat, "We do not tolerate abuse of game glitches or mechanics in any way, and those who used this glitch will not be reimbursed for their materials".

The population that didn't cheat cheered for joy that day b:chuckle.

That's how a company PROPERLY handles something like this without completely destroying their reputation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • cgatsby
    edited November 2013
    go do it urselft w/o having a backup .... smart a$$

sniff sniff, i smell code abuse b:shutup
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    For some reason, I received multiple orbs. While this is nice and all, I agree with those wanting a rollback.

To be quite honest, you guys should have just mailed directly to people's accounts on Arch instead of messing with codes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    it is PWE's fault if people are able to so freely abusive ANYTHING.

if they dont take the time to test their content before distributing it, then of course they deserve blame, and people DESERVE that pink slip they might be getting.

anyone who has taken any sort of programming classes in school can attest that testing and validation and simple experimentation (AND DOCUMENTATION and CODING ARCHITECTURES) would have avoided situations like this.

the people exploiting it of course gambled with their ability to play, but if you think about it, it is not much of a gamble because they never lose. if they started losing (being banned, having their accounts reset, etc) then people would be less prone to exploit something. until that time people are going to exploit whatever they can and i can't blame them because the people who manage the game are the failing to implement their own content properly.

the only way they will learn is if ppl just constantly force these types of event where they have to resort to measures that turn many people in the player base away.

just stop playing because we all need to accept they will have to roll them servers back.
    Personally I feel that the abusers are at just as much fault as pwe/pwi... sure pwi/pwe basically just asks for things like this to happen when they don't enforce their rules, and make examples out of people, but still even if we know we can just get away with it... it is still our lack of scruples that allows some of us to abuse something everytime something new comes out. Not to mention it is true that their faulty codes or w/e allowed for this to happen. (Though it can be ridicolously hard to account for everything that might go wrong) Still I believe that the gaming community as well as pwi/pwe are at fault.

(Again I didn't abuse it, but I did get the first set)... So sad that it was abused. D:
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • varanova
    varanova Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Please rollback. It's not fair at all that some people got full +10 gear for nothing. It's not fair some people got 30+ ocean orbs while others didn't get anything.
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    what i dont get is why the "only once per acc" works for dreamchaser packs, but not for rewards like oceans/dreamchase/demonsage eventcards?
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    varanova wrote: »
    Please rollback. It's not fair at all that some people got full +10 gear for nothing. It's not fair some people got 30+ ocean orbs while others didn't get anything.

totally agreed.
This discussion has been closed.