Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• viciousminx
    viciousminx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    seperti wrote: »
    jahahahhahah yes.. next code is free GST then MOG
    after that all rrr+9 +10 b:laugh

epic private server

Already had the free MOG exploit and there was no roll back to correct it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Message Me!Submit a Ticket!Forum Rules!
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I didn't even get a chance to log in and use the code at all, this is bs! Fail harder pw
  • LadyOya - Raging Tide
    LadyOya - Raging Tide Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Are we happy now, folks? Really, I hope everyone who abused this is proud of themselves.

We had an issue on one server and the folks at PWI who have the least power and the most to worry about managed to beg and plead with their bosses until they got us some major compensation for our issues.

Then a bunch of mostly jealous people rant about how it's unfair that they decided to let those with the compensation do as they pleased with it. Not to mention plenty of demands to make it so everyone got something due to the mess it was causing in some's opinions.

So these same people saw the concerns and decided that you guys were right and that they should give us all a hand. So they went through their bosses. Again. And hurray we all got level playing field.

It should have ended there... but no, that wasn't good enough for some. Instead, people had to abuse the goodwill of the people with the LEAST POWER IN THE COMPANY to get a massive advantage over others. Because, hey, why play fair and kindly accept what the GMs who obviously care worked their butts off to get for us.

So now here we are in this screwed up situation with people getting +10 orbs left and right as well as tons of event gold by breaking the system while others, who are just trying to legitimately get ONE, are screwed entirely. Really, guys? When PWI tries to do right by us they get this kind of stark reminder of why they should stay away?

Honestly, I'll be surprised if they ever try to be good to us again after this. Yeah they can **** up a lot. And yeah they have tons of mistakes and issues... but having us do **** like this the instant they try to be better? Yeah that's sure gonna help encourage them to be more open with us and be more willing to help us out and compensate us when issues arise.

Yeah. I know many who are here weren't abusing this or didn't try to. But the fact is enough people did. Those of you who know the exploit, I sincerely hope you aren't going to be hypocrites and enjoy the double standard of abusing glitches in your favor but getting in an uproar about those that aren't in your favor.... aka I hope you've reported how this glitch is performed so it can be stopped.

I'm all for yelling at PWE when they **** up. But as players, this fiasco shows we're the ones who screwed up this time. And those guilty of **** over everyone else in the aftermath of whatever happens because of this should feel horrible about themselves.

And this is a rant as a fellow player and member of the community. Not as a mod.

^^This. Well said!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY Silvychar, for the awesome sig b:kissb:kissb:kiss
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I demand a compensation for the compensation!!!
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Anyways thats enough QQ for the sake of using cute foxxys.

And now we wait *insert pony pic here*

Was I just summoned?b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Julianne_T - Sanctuary
    Julianne_T - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm not sure if a rollback is fair. I think the best solution is to fix the code, and block the users that already got packs on that fixed code. A rollback only would cause more angry people and anyway is GM's fault for not doing they work properly initially, players are not stupid and they just took advantage of the situation. So, everyone must pay for a mistake that wasn't made for the players on first place? I don't think so.

Anyway, I do think too that people is too greedy nowadays, maybe we all are, and this is just a warning to the staff so they can know how to behave with the players. You can't release the chaos and blame others.
  • Momentarily - Harshlands
    Momentarily - Harshlands Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i'm Not Sure If A Rollback Is Fair. I Think The Best Solution Is To Fix The Code, And Block The Users That Already Got Packs On That Fixed Code. A Rollback Only Would Cause More Angry People And Anyway Is Gm's Fault For Not Doing They Work Properly Initially, Players Are Not Stupid And They Just Took Advantage Of The Situation. So, Everyone Must Pay For A Mistake That Wasn't Made For The Players On First Place? I Don't Think So.

Anyway, I Do Think Too That People Is Too Greedy Nowadays, Maybe We All Are, And This Is Just A Warning To The Staff So They Can Know How To Behave With The Players. You Can't Release The Chaos And Blame Others.

This Is What Was Well Said Lol
  • lenie
    lenie Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Agree with OPkossy. Grabbing n stealing, n i cant even get one, cause of the abuse. b:shutup
  • ObviousAlt - Raging Tide
    ObviousAlt - Raging Tide Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    a 4 hour roll back isnt that much of a difference since practically everyone was at the mailbox getting orbs. and World chat was spammed with so much red that no one could start a squad for anything..
    102 Celestial Demon Archer (2nd Rebirth 102)
    101 Celestial Sage Blademaster (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Sin (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Seeker (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Wiz (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Cleric (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Barb (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Duskblade (2nd Rebirth 101)
  • wolfiest
    wolfiest Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just rollback a few hours before people took advantage of the code and then put the code up correctly with it only being able to be used once.
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Are we happy now, folks? Really, I hope everyone who abused this is proud of themselves.

We had an issue on one server and the folks at PWI who have the least power and the most to worry about managed to beg and plead with their bosses until they got us some major compensation for our issues.

Then a bunch of mostly jealous people rant about how it's unfair that they decided to let those with the compensation do as they pleased with it. Not to mention plenty of demands to make it so everyone got something due to the mess it was causing in some's opinions.

So these same people saw the concerns and decided that you guys were right and that they should give us all a hand. So they went through their bosses. Again. And hurray we all got level playing field.

It should have ended there... but no, that wasn't good enough for some. Instead, people had to abuse the goodwill of the people with the LEAST POWER IN THE COMPANY to get a massive advantage over others. Because, hey, why play fair and kindly accept what the GMs who obviously care worked their butts off to get for us.

So now here we are in this screwed up situation with people getting +10 orbs left and right as well as tons of event gold by breaking the system while others, who are just trying to legitimately get ONE, are screwed entirely. Really, guys? When PWI tries to do right by us they get this kind of stark reminder of why they should stay away?

Honestly, I'll be surprised if they ever try to be good to us again after this. Yeah they can **** up a lot. And yeah they have tons of mistakes and issues... but having us do **** like this the instant they try to be better? Yeah that's sure gonna help encourage them to be more open with us and be more willing to help us out and compensate us when issues arise.

Yeah. I know many who are here weren't abusing this or didn't try to. But the fact is enough people did. Those of you who know the exploit, I sincerely hope you aren't going to be hypocrites and enjoy the double standard of abusing glitches in your favor but getting in an uproar about those that aren't in your favor.... aka I hope you've reported how this glitch is performed so it can be stopped.

I'm all for yelling at PWE when they **** up. But as players, this fiasco shows we're the ones who screwed up this time. And those guilty of **** over everyone else in the aftermath of whatever happens because of this should feel horrible about themselves.

And this is a rant as a fellow player and member of the community. Not as a mod.

yeah... so basically THAT^

it makes no sense to argue rollback vs. no rollback as this is a bit out of hand at the moment. when those previous glitches happened, people raged beyond belief about the staff fixing them and now we the same groups of ppl clashing: those who exploited and those who did not.

part of me hopes they rollback the servers, at least that would show the staff are making an effort to make better choices. hope that also translates into more safely prepared promotions.

part of me doesn't care because i dont really play (but always want to, poor employed me), but still i dont see how they can just leave that be. they either find everyone who exploited it and perma-ban(AND search trade history find alts hiding stashes) them, or rollback.
  • Jakerams - Heavens Tear
    Jakerams - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sad thing is people get away with abuse 24/7 in PWI without punishment if they do it in numbers and they know that which is why they abuse everything. I say just ban all people who used the abuse. Or reset them to level 1 or something. But they wont go punished again and the players who didn't abuse anything gets screwed again.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Well said OPKossy. If I had the ability to make pixel cookies I'd give one to you lol.f:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • AiIeana - Raging Tide
    AiIeana - Raging Tide Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    At some point i think a rollback isnt a bad idea, but if its possible please try to make a rollback to like 5 min before the code spam. I have worked my *** off today farming and grinding mats to get my blacklist up to level 7 (those 2 stars were a pain to get/make) en i made my tt99 weap. Also been farming a buttload of dragon items to be able to get the remaining raptures to get my t2 weapon.

What I'm trying to say is, many people probably have worked really hard to obtain stuff (some worked hard to achieve that level or cultivation) it would be sucky if those have to suffer from the dumb abussive behaviour of the people that used the code alot of times.
    Malice Marshal and proud of it b:victory
  • memo123
    memo123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    good job hope servers reroll
  • FlippyFins - Archosaur
    FlippyFins - Archosaur Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I agree with Kossy, so sad guys.
    no reward is never good enough just cause people are too greedy. i was actually happy with what we got. never expected such a compensation, with ocean orbs.

i don't suppose we'll be ever getting something like this again.
    great job, abusers. hope youre proud of yourselves.
  • seperti
    seperti Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Already had the free MOG exploit and there was no roll back to correct it.

thats why i said it before... the way pwe handled this will be

-no rollback
    -glicth fix..
    -no punishment for abuser...

ppl reaction
    -lot of complain 1-2 weeks
    -tired
    -accept

b:laugh
  • AriYama - Lost City
    AriYama - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

Just roll back the server and bann the people abusing codes...
  • SuckMyCrit - Momaganon
    SuckMyCrit - Momaganon Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    im not sure but i think if they did roll back it would be to the last maint unless they bychance do a server back up every day or sumtin
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well said, mod-person.

I do have to ask though, even though it said once per account here, WHY did the redeem page say "Please do not use this code for another 10 minutes."? That right there instantly makes people think "Oh hey, 10 minutes then I can use this again? Sweet!"

Granted, the massive amount of abuse was flat-out wrong, but I'm in the boat of having used it on my two alts, without realising the one per account thing (I don't check the forums much).

Rollback vs no rollback...honestly at this rate, I don't even know.
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Couldn't agree more. Just to leave this as a note - many players did not break any rules or attempt to glitch the code redeem system, but because of the poor design of said system, received many d-orbs and items. This same redeem system had the same issue back during the first anniversary of PWI, when players received more than one mount. It's PWE's fault that they haven't fix the server hang-up flaw that results in legitimate players attempting to access what has been given to them (the code), and resulting in multiple items being sent out.

Tl;dr this isn't new, and has been a known and ongoing issue since like 2009/2010.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • yghb
    yghb Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They should just rollback the servers to the time before the code was released.

I'm really dissapointed in this community. All of you have always blamed everything on PWI, but I think the ones who are to blame is the people alone. This community, they bite their feeding hand.
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    a 4 hour roll back isnt that much of a difference since practically everyone was at the mailbox getting orbs. and World chat was spammed with so much red that no one could start a squad for anything..

think this is indeed a good solution. on HT u can almost only see ppl getting orbs in the chat. i know ppl who got even over 50 orbs.. unfortunately it will prolly end up with the code beeing fixed and the abusers getting away with it. happend at the goon glitch aswell the worst thing that happend at some ppl was a 3 day ban...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm not sure if a rollback is fair. I think the best solution is to fix the code, and block the users that already got packs on that fixed code. A rollback only would cause more angry people and anyway is GM's fault for not doing they work properly initially, players are not stupid and they just took advantage of the situation. So, everyone must pay for a mistake that wasn't made for the players on first place? I don't think so.

Anyway, I do think too that people is too greedy nowadays, maybe we all are, and this is just a warning to the staff so they can know how to behave with the players. You can't release the chaos and blame others.

How is no rollback fair? Fixing the code and blocking the users? What's that going to fix? Absolutely nothing. Because the people who exploited the glitch, already have tens of tens of *10 orbs. It doesn't fix anything.

Players took advantage of a glitch that was obviously a glitch. Don't defend the players, they knew EXACTLY what they were doing and why they wanted to do it. They're greedy, they've got alts gear or their own gear they want to enhance.They knew *10 orbs were up for grabs and they didn't care who they hurt or who they stopped from getting their's. They knew how much event gold, hypers and exp scrolls were in the packs. That's 1mil EXP a pack. Players knew exactly what they were doing.
  • SeaAnna - Archosaur
    SeaAnna - Archosaur Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    well I didnt get the code and cant play the game cause of all the red spam cant keep up with faction chat is one orb after another. Please dont roll back again some members just got gear back. Cheaters are Cheaters always some of us did play the game for a challenge and fun. I leveled my Char the hard way and I saw many people lower then me rise to 101 real fast. I don't have the answer to this problem but I hope if a roll back comes members do not lose gear again or the culties they have done. Please just fix the glitch in the code redemption. Or mail the orbs to everyone then they are bound to players.
  • AiIeana - Raging Tide
    AiIeana - Raging Tide Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I agree with Kossy, so sad guys.
    no reward is never good enough just cause people are too greedy. i was actually happy with what we got. never expected such a compensation, with ocean orbs.

i don't suppose we'll be ever getting something like this again.
    great job, abusers. hope youre proud of yourselves.

Yea these people are the reason PWE stops doing nice stuff like this, they always have to ruin it. Sad... Really sad... Why can't they just be grateful with 1 mail. Ahwell guess I will never understand whats going in in their brain if they even have one.
    Malice Marshal and proud of it b:victory
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    4h rollback bla bla bla

n00bs!!!!!!!! - 1st they would need to have a backup ! no ****** way they do a backup every 1 hour - so forget about it !

be happy if they do at least a daily backup - but even then it wont be just last 4 hours but mostly 24h or so

however the archa issue showed they most likely do only a weekly backup so yea.... 3 days rollback in this situation - will it make u happy???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How do you tell which one is abusing the code and which one is having trouble to redeem the code (hence the refresh page thingy)?

This is a total mess, for both PWI and player base b:cry
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • zerocool911
    zerocool911 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    @AriYama

did you seriously just suggest that 80% of pwi database get banned ?!b:victory
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Sorry, but it's PWE's job to make sure something like that cannot happen.

Something more or less similar once happened in another game I was playing.

The bug was noticed within minutes (yea, they had GMs checking after updates to see if everything went well), the servers were immediately closed, the bug was fixed in less than 30 minutes, the servers were rollbacked to before the bug happened and then reopened. The GMs then checked again and waited to see if everything was going right this time.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
This discussion has been closed.