Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

defenderofdreams
defenderofdreams Posts: 78
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
UPDATE (12.12.13)

I have good news for everyone concerning "Nothing has happened yet in December".

Due to our commitment in bringing the best experience we can to Perfect World for all players of all servers, we've been able to do something that generally doesn't occur often:

release an expansion ahead of schedule!

Thanks to the awesome efforts of our QA team and the feedback from all of you concerning the last couple months, we were able to pour more manpower into releasing this huge expansion ahead of schedule. We're quite proud of this accomplishment, but that's not all.

On release date, there will be:

- In-game giveaways (quest based)
- Expansion launch events (plural!)
- New Holiday event!

In addition, there will be snow and snowmen, back due to your requests. The snow season will be arriving next week with the release of the expansion, December 18th. All these events will be available on launch as well.

We'll be releasing preview blogs on the features of the expansion as we get closer to the launch date, as well as a list of the events you can expect to take full advantage of!

We've got more things lined up for the new year too, so expect the end of this year to go off with a bang!

-DoD

UPDATE (11.27.13)

Response to a thread in which involves the compensation situation:
wiktor99rr wrote: »
So, these are some questions that have been raised from a lot of people in our pwi community and i would like to take my time posting them here to see if we can get a response on even a single one of these questions.

Lets start with orbs shall we?

I will keep the questions short and consist so that you don't have to read a wall of text for just a single question however please try to think of why we are asking these questions.

The people who got the right amount of dragon orbs from the code, will they be punished in any way?
and/or will their orbs and/or refinement from these be taken back?
No, they are safe.

How hard will the consequences for someone who abused the code be?
and will the punishment differ accordingly with how much said person abused the code?
They will be banned. Whether permanently or temporarily will be determined on a case by case basis. I cannot give any further details than that at this time.

Will the people that has gotten nothing from this code be given any sort of compensations for having nothing whilst some got the right amount or even more?
or will they be given nothing in compensation and just have to bite the sour apple?
At this time, we have some things lined up for December which we are taking another look at how to adjust concerning the recent events. Will we be reopening the code again? I do not know as that has never been up to me, but I can say December will not be a boring. I will be updating the main compensation thread when I have details. I'm expecting new info next week following the holiday weekend.

And as a humble request would you please lower the Dragon Orb Ocean sale to the regular 25 gold instead of the astonishing amount of 35 gold which has aggrevated the situation between the community and you as a company.
Not something that is possible when sales have gone live. I will the pass the suggestion along to the person in charge of sales, however.

UPDATE (11.25.13)

Questions and Answers

What is the punishment for players who blatantly abused the compensation code?

They will be banned.

I heard from Customer Service tickets that you are only banning players who are from Archosaur. Is this true?

No, I was confused about this when I heard about it. The customer service representatives were mis-informed on the punishment issue, and we're making sure everyone is now on the same page. We're banning players who abused the code no matter the server they are from.

What about the "targeted" compensation efforts for Archosaur only? Is that still happening?

Yes. We are getting everything set up now and verifying that it will go smoothly before we start sending in-game items to players on Archosaur. You can expect yours within the week.

Why is it Archosaur only now, and not all servers, as it was initially, when I missed my chance at the code?

First and foremost, Archosaur players were the ones we've wanted to make sure were compensated for the rollback, to the best of our ability. It was because of the rollback that we started focusing on a compensation campaign. We have 5x EXP going on for Archosaur, something we've never done before, as well as 2x EXP/SP/Drops AND Coin for all servers (also new).

Players on Archosaur now have the opportunity to gain more experience, spirit, drops, etc than they could have during the 3 days lost from the rollback, as these modifiers will be lasting into the next month. All servers were included in this decision because we wanted everyone to feel compensated for November's server connectivity issues as a whole.

(The initial compensation code for 5x HyperEXP Stones is now available for everyone: 3HTYJKE)

Following these initial actions, we still thought that for a rollback, our actions were not great enough. Many players lost refinement and thus power during the rollback, and so giving more exp/sp/drops/coins if you play wouldn't resolve their complaint.

Thus we came up with the compensation code that we all now are aware of.
Unfortunately, because of it's abuse we've had to cancel the cross-server compensation and refocus back on the initial goal of compensating Archosaur Rollback players.

Is there anything I can receive right now?

We've re-activated the initial compensation code that gives out 5x Hyper EXP Stones to players. It can be used once per account until NOVEMBER 30th

You can redeem it here once per account until NOVEMBER 30th : 3HTYJKE

There is no shouting with this one...

-DoD

Mod edit because it appears people refuse to scroll down enough to read:
UPDATE:
We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

^This is the reason why the code is saying it has expired when you try to enter it!

Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

UPDATE (11.22.13):
Here is what I was able to get:

- We will not be rolling back the servers.

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or world chat.

This is the reason why there will not be a rollback.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ObviousAlt - Raging Tide
    ObviousAlt - Raging Tide Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    invalid code
    102 Celestial Demon Archer (2nd Rebirth 102)
    101 Celestial Sage Blademaster (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Sin (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Seeker (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Wiz (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Cleric (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Barb (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Duskblade (2nd Rebirth 101)
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    invalid code

Ensure you do not have a space after the last character.

Thank you PWI ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • royalsushi
    royalsushi Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    invalid code

Erase the space at the end of it.
    edited November 2013
    didnt even notice the space lol ty
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wow, you guys really are pleasantly surprising me with each nice gesture lately !
    Thank you for being nice and understanding, especially with all the babies and crying ragezillas on the forums!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chaosbeibei - Harshlands
    Chaosbeibei - Harshlands Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Redeemed. At work ATM so anyone tell me what's in the pack?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And the WC spam begins! Duke needs to shhhhh!
    edited November 2013
    3 bound +10 orbs
    2 Event gold cards
    1 platinum vip ticket
    10 hypers
    10 elixer pots
    3 IGs
    3 Vacuity
    3 Sutras
    3 Dews
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Red spam on dreamweaver drowns out all other chats x.x
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The amount of spam is truly glorious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    this must be like a ddos right now :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
    edited November 2013
    Can the orbs use on unbound gears>< I'm full +12 josd with crown and cape
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AiIeana - Raging Tide
    AiIeana - Raging Tide Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thank you so much for this :) My week cant go any better :) BF and i got a house (yes we're gonna live together) and this :)) Yayness! b:dirty
    Malice Marshal and proud of it b:victory
  • Temptatious - Sanctuary
    Temptatious - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I hate to be the one who complains about free things...

But it reeaaaaaaaaaaaally sucks that the 10*s are for bound gear only. I REALIZE that it was done this way so people with a bazillion accounts can't use this for profit selling the refine of other peoples gear, but some of us like to use LUNAR gear, endgame gear for the PURPOSE of it not binding so you can pass it between characters. Defeats the purpose of having gear (which costs more) bound if it was made to be used on multiple accounts ._.'
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    I hate to be the one who complains about free things...

But it reeaaaaaaaaaaaally sucks that the 10*s are for bound gear only. I REALIZE that it was done this way so people with a bazillion accounts can't use this for profit selling the refine of other peoples gear, but some of us like to use LUNAR gear, endgame gear for the PURPOSE of it not binding so you can pass it between characters. Defeats the purpose of having gear (which costs more) bound if it was made to be used on multiple accounts ._.'

Probably made this way due to people profiting off of Arch's code and selling it to other players.

But hey, 100 event gold. WHEEEEEEEEEE SMILIES
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    PWI is so amusing b:laugh
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • n523
    n523 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What happens if we redeem the code to an account that has a locked mailbox?
    edited November 2013
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team
    What about poeple that's already full+ 12 with crown and cape? I don't need + 10 orbs give us something usefullll
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    What about poeple that's already full+ 12 with crown and cape? I don't need + 10 orbs give us something usefullll

Not everybody has that.

They gave useful things. EVENT GOLD. 100 OF IT. SMILIES AND FASH AND WHEEEEEEEEEEE

FREE PLATINUM CHARM WHEEEE
  • danielskinner12
    danielskinner12 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    wtf have u dne
    b:pleased im better
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    and LOL, ppl are getting the reward multiple times now. i guess its because of the massive lag on the website.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013

Listen to your sig and make some sandwiches first. b:scorn
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yay i actually needed a +10 orb badly o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can GMs PLEASE get on the servers and somehow turn off the announcements of all the orbs. The spam is so insane we cant talk at all on any chats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OaO redeem page is getting overloaded lol
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Soleehungwel - Harshlands
    Soleehungwel - Harshlands Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thank you for actually making this fair to everyone
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can GMs PLEASE get on the servers and somehow turn off the announcements of all the orbs. The spam is so insane we cant talk at all on any chats.
    dammit im missing the fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • AiIeana - Raging Tide
    AiIeana - Raging Tide Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013

This!
    Malice Marshal and proud of it b:victory
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    Metalogue - Archosaur Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited November 2013

This.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bleh, the code is broken. I copypasted the code, got it on my sins account, logged barbs one on site and did the same thing and it wont work. Maybe the page is overloaded or something but it aint working and it cant be issue on my end.

Edit: Nvm, it just is seriously laggy, got my mail after gateway timing out.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
This discussion has been closed.