Cheating and botting allowed now?

Options
Ssaassaa - Lost City
Ssaassaa - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
No punishment for cheating?
If its bot or code glich or other gamebreaking thing, we can do all and no bans anymore?

When outcry to loud badest thing that can happen is a rollback who hurt honest players more?

Why spend even honestly zen when you can try to get a program that brings your more, or glitch using or whatever rulebreaking without fear of any banishment?

(only a bit sarcasm, counted a name with 53 +10orbs in red chat and maybe on some other accounts of him also) even now he is still using more codes
Post edited by Ssaassaa - Lost City on

Comments

• silverstrings
    silverstrings Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    No punishment for cheating?
    If its bot or code glich or other gamebreaking thing, we can do all and no bans anymore?

When outcry to loud badest thing that can happen is a rollback who hurt honest players more?

Why spend even honestly zen when you can try to get a program that brings your more, or glitch using or whatever rulebreaking without fear of any banishment?

(only a bit sarcasm, counted a name with 53 +10orbs in red chat and maybe on some other accounts of him also) even now he is still using more codes

Sounds like all we are doing is complaining here. What effort have you made to help stop it if you feel that such an injustice is taking place?? Are you sending in tickets with ss to support your claims?? You are asking for justice and things to be righted with no evidence to support it. In court, such cases are thrown out. js
  • pwistevenwho
    pwistevenwho Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Sounds like all we are doing is complaining here. What effort have you made to help stop it if you feel that such an injustice is taking place?? Are you sending in tickets with ss to support your claims?? You are asking for justice and things to be righted with no evidence to support it. In court, such cases are thrown out. js

you're just plain stupid. no other way to say it.
  • Ssaassaa - Lost City
    Ssaassaa - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

So you want that i post my tickets and screenshots of it here in forum?
    You want that i show the names of the persons here?

Is naming allowed now in forum?
    thought it is not allowed to naming or screenschot naming the persons on forum
    they got enough tickets
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    So you want that i post my tickets and screenshots of it here in forum?
    You want that i show the names of the persons here?

Is naming allowed now in forum?
    thought it is not allowed to naming or screenschot naming the persons on forum
    they got enough tickets

You must give more detailed information and keep to the facts and not assumptions.

The who, what, when and where help along with unedited screen shots - which you put in a ticket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

You must be kidding. Even more tickets for them?? They are not able to answer the huge majority of tickets for weeks and you want us to spam them with screen shots??
    They have to check all by their own (and close all servers for 2-4 weeks) or they have to roll back everything till their last backup.

@OP
    When did they punish anyone for cheating? I can hardly remember. People had to beg once for MONTHS or ever YEARS for a bann, e.g. with spamming world chat with racist messages (at least 100 messages per day for 6 months or it doesn't count).
    And even this doesn't lead to consequences for years now.

I never saw that anyone got ever banned on lost city server for abusing a glitch. And I'm playing this game for more than 5 years now.
    There are no rules or at least none which are getting enforced.
    That's e.g. the reason why so many people are using bot programs for years and so on.
    You can submit hundreds of tickets on multiple accounts without getting a response ever.
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    gyroki wrote: »
    You must be kidding. Even more tickets for them?? .

I'm pretty sure most of the tickets they get are not directly to the point and with such an overwhelming amount of evidence (not speculation) - that assists them in getting right to the problem.

Get right to the Who, What, When, Where and how do you specifically know they are doing what you say ?

Screen shots (unedited), and basically don't do things to waste their time or send them back to you needing to clarify or ask more questions.

Keep your tickets void of insults, rants and keep it simple - bulleted and facts only.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Get right to the Who, What, When, Where and how do you specifically know they are doing what you say ? Keep your tickets void of insults, rants and keep it simple - bulleted and facts only.

I wrote a message like this not only once, even on this account:
    Subject: an assaissin is using an in-game bot on Lost City server:

name: xxxxxx (name entered with copy&paste)

I monitored him at X.XXam, XX.XX.2013.
    xxxxx did use a bot program on world map to kill Basilisk Madtooths at location 31, 447 at Deserted Sea.

I lowered his HP to let him get killed by mobs. When he dies he teleports to next viallge instantly.
    Like all bots he does fly back only in 90 degree angles (verticaly to highest height and moves then horizontaly) to the same spot again to continue killing mobs.
    He ignores me, like all bots. He doesn't react when I'm close to him and he never fights back. Even when I warn him that I will kill him. I killed him in a repetetive manner, he doesn't change his grinding location.

GM answer:
    Thank you for your report. We will investigate this player and take the appropriate actions. We greatly appreciate your help, and wish you luck & happy gaming!
    or other GM answer:
    We appreciate the time that you have taken to submit this report. We will investigate this issue using the information that you have provided."

Nothing ever happend of course. And I reported more than 30 bots, several times (weeks/months later). Some of those characters are in factions now and don't bot anymore. Unfortunately the only rule which is getting enforced is that it is not allowed to name the scammers in forum.
    Nice rules. For scammers.
  • Scrog - Sanctuary
    Scrog - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    what constitutes a bot. a macro built on a keyboard of the style PWi gives away or a mod to the code. If its on a keyboard PWI is basically saying its cool.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    what constitutes a bot. a macro built on a keyboard of the style PWi gives away or a mod to the code. If its on a keyboard PWI is basically saying its cool.

you're being stupid now

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Scrog - Sanctuary
    Scrog - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    so is this thread so what
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It wasnt allowed before?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    There has been a rumor going on for a few years now that there are some pwe employees that have helped people skirt bans. There are quite a few well known botters on the RT server that have been reported dozens of times and never received a ban(that is known, or given a few days). Quite a few of these botters even use gear from their mains(bind on creation).

Note: This is a just a rumor not a accusation
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz