Roll Back's

__Kagome__ - Harshlands
__Kagome__ - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Chronicles
Have you guys forgotten about the Medal of Glory incident you got from DQ? Or Dreamchaser packs? Did they roll back then? Also you forget your asking them not just to roll back one but all servers of PWI. Isn't that in itself a bit risky? Especially with all the mistakes that have been occurring like people getting stuck in Reflection Room and not being able to log into your accounts lately. They have enough things to deal with so while a roll back isn't likely...in my opinion. I'm guessing something is going to be done for those who couldn't take advantage of it.
Post edited by __Kagome__ - Harshlands on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'll also add the Duke Rose incident on Sanctuary. I'm not aware if it happened on other servers.
    As far as I remember though they did not do a roll back even when people asked for one.

These things make me doubt them doing a rollback but we'll have to wait and see what happens.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Have you guys forgotten about the Medal of Glory incident you got from DQ? Or Dreamchaser packs? Did they roll back then? Also you forget your asking them not just to roll back one but all servers of PWI. Isn't that in itself a bit risky? Especially with all the mistakes that have been occurring like people getting stuck in Reflection Room and not being able to log into your accounts lately. They have enough things to deal with so while a roll back isn't likely...in my opinion. I'm guessing something is going to be done for those who couldn't take advantage of it.

You got a point there...but well we have to see what happens. I mean...I just want a statement about whats going to happen. It annoys me being unable to play because maybe its futile.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Based on what I know, they can easily track who redeemed more than one time of this code. With that being said, they can easily issue bans to those who abused this. That's what I think might happen, but with the previous incidents that were mentioned, I'm not so sure anymore.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    Skaitavia wrote: »
    Based on what I know, they can easily track who redeemed more than one time of this code. With that being said, they can easily issue bans to those who abused this. That's what I think might happen, but with the previous incidents that were mentioned, I'm not so sure anymore.
    Sure, just like they did for all the people that abused the goon glitch.

Oh.... wait....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alusion - Harshlands
    Alusion - Harshlands Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, all those MoGs doesnt even come close to the coin value/impact these tons of orbs have
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited November 2013

There are some people who received additional orbs just by refreshing the page not knowing that this would glitch the system. How would PWI differentiate who abused and who didnt?

Then pretty much everyone would be crying saying they didn't abuse it was an honest mistake.

There really is no good way to fix this, but something better be done.

And the Duke Rose debacle was on Lost City too.
    b:bye
  • Loooozz - Sanctuary
    Loooozz - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Can't GM's Remove this Item from Game !!! lets say make it disappear from all server's !!

on another game they do this, they just remove it b:cry
  • tankounet
    tankounet Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes but others bug near all the people in the servers used it... this one... on Morai server maybe 100 people used it... and the thousands of others?

That's why it's different than before

(morai server is european server, only a few people was online, others were sleeping)
  • FirstJustice - Lost City
    FirstJustice - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Bans are not gonna happen. Because the amount of people that actually abused this, is about 25% of the population per server. I base my number on the rollback poll so it's not a legit number, but a good guess imo.
    The CANNOT ban 25% of the server population. Therefore the only two options are continue this madness, or rollback and give everyone a FAIR chance on getting a gift.
  • WilliamTell - Raging Tide
    WilliamTell - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There are some people who received additional orbs just by refreshing the page not knowing that this would glitch the system. How would PWI differentiate who abused and who didnt?

Then pretty much everyone would be crying saying they didn't abuse it was an honest mistake.

There really is no good way to fix this, but something better be done.

And the Duke Rose debacle was on Lost City too.

When the site was overloaded and responding slowly, if you tried to send the code through again because it seemed it had taken too long and failed, but actually it had already gone through, it said 'the code can only be used once every ten minutes'. So, the GM was wrong and we can use the code multiple times? Or the official page is wrong where we are redeeming the code and it's only supposed to be a one time code? Other codes say 'this code has already been used', which is an obvious indication, so there was some inconsistency here with this code.
    ...A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the heavens come crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear in this world, I bid you stand, warriors of Pellucidar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2013

That's tricky. I redeemed the code, but I got an error message saying gateway time-out, so I had to refresh and wait for it to load for like 5 minutes. Next thing I know I had received it twice. Am I to blame for their technical issues?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A lot of people didn't intentionally "abuse" the code. Upon refreshing the page it automatically sent another mail, the user could not know that would happen.
    Besides, in my personal opinion, the code should have been tested before being made public.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • WilliamTell - Raging Tide
    WilliamTell - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Like I said, posting a code was a bad move. They should have expected the site to be flooded. What's wrong with sending out items to every character like with the anniversary rewards? It would have been much more balanced than what occurred.
    ...A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the heavens come crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear in this world, I bid you stand, warriors of Pellucidar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fox15gr
    fox15gr Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013

in redeem it was saying try again in 10mins to take the reward again. why to ban someone bc read "try again in 10 mins"
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Like I said, posting a code was a bad move. They should have expected the site to be flooded. What's wrong with sending out items to every character like with the anniversary rewards? It would have been much more balanced than what occurred.

Because that would have actually taken time and effort to do that. Clearly this code was slapped together fast without giving it much thought.
    b:bye
  • Scrog - Sanctuary
    Scrog - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    finally someone points the obvious it said to try again so if people tried again why should they be punished
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Auto Refresh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A lot of people didn't intentionally "abuse" the code. Upon refreshing the page it automatically sent another mail, the user could not know that would happen.

I think it would be easy for PWI to see who abused the code and who did not. If a person only used it twice or maybe even 3 times, that could have been an accident. Anyone who used it 5, 10 or 20 times like some people are saying you know it was intentional. I think PWI should have a cut-off, look at the mails people received, 3 and under is fine anything over that is an obvious abuse and those people should be punish.

I still think what people should be yelling for is individual roll backs instead of server wide. Any character that got more than 3 codes, set their butt back to Tuesdays maintenance. They lose everything then and they deserve it. Those of us who did nothing wrong get a nice reward, those who abused the system get left out. And if they were on Archosaur server they will also lose the compensation given just to our server and they should not be allowed to get it back.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That's tricky. I redeemed the code, but I got an error message saying gateway time-out, so I had to refresh and wait for it to load for like 5 minutes. Next thing I know I had received it twice. Am I to blame for their technical issues?
    Don't compare 2 and 202 ;) Are those with hundreds of orbs also innocent as angels and "clicked twice because of gateway time out"? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • murderboy22
    murderboy22 Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Rollback Pls
  • Merricle - Heavens Tear
    Merricle - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They should rollback, and ban those who abused it 10 fold, if they let it slide, how is that fair to those of us who didn't abuse the system. b:surrender fair fight perfect world bravo
  • Unholly - Morai
    Unholly - Morai Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Don't compare 2 and 202 ;) Are those with hundreds of orbs also innocent as angels and "clicked twice because of gateway time out"? b:chuckle

That is what they said about goons, should be easy to see who levelled up fast over the period it was abused. Many still got away with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/unhollyPWI
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2013

did you miss the part about anni rewards where it didnt work for a ton of people- and still some got it multiple times? a lot of people didnt get their *deserved* rewards so thats why they gave the code
  • kikiwikilili
    kikiwikilili Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Even if they are banned, when they come back with their 100-200 orb +10, that will not change anything!!

ROLLBACK TO the 20th AFTER MAINT!
  • metalmana
    metalmana Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Even if they are banned, when they come back with their 100-200 orb +10, that will not change anything!!

ROLLBACK TO the 20th AFTER MAINT!

True !! THE BANNED WILL RETURN WITH THEIR ORBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROLLBACK PLEASE !
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    did you miss the part about anni rewards where it didnt work for a ton of people- and still some got it multiple times? a lot of people didnt get their *deserved* rewards so thats why they gave the code
    So they sent out anni rewards manually. Why not do same with these 10* orbs and event gold cards? They are way more valuable than bunch of slowpoke mounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't know why they just didn't code a pack similar to the Jade Box. You couldn't open more than one even if you got multiple boxes. Everything would have been fine and people would have been happy :C
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1644331

please use the existing thread to continue this discussion.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.