Pulling at PQ1

lacrimesa
lacrimesa Posts: 80 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
How do you pull mobs at PQ1 for zhen? When i try to pull them they wont move and they reset when i go too far away. b:bye
Post edited by lacrimesa on

Comments

• bodokeeg
    bodokeeg Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    what is this? i dont even know what is pq1, dunno it is pwi game ur talking about
  • lacrimesa
    edited November 2013
    PQ1 means Public Quest Chapter 1
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lacrimesa wrote: »
    How do you pull mobs at PQ1 for zhen? When i try to pull them they wont move and they reset when i go too far away. b:bye

I don't think they are meant to be aoed - and expecially not for zhen because the return experience is very low.

They are meant to be a kill count, which does work in a group - which once the count is settled, you move on to the next group to kill count - till you go up to the boss.

I've never really see anyone try to aoe or zhen them - long ago when this quest was done by masses and there were many doing this, our squad would gang on one mob and move to the next, expecially the ones in the trench.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • lacrimesa
    edited November 2013
    Public Quest is used to zhen for exp and yes they give good exp for lvl 60-80. Im talking about the mobs and boss that are required for the last 2 steeps of the quest. That mobs have a long range magic attak and i don`t know how to pull them in to the aoe range.
  • WilliamTell - Raging Tide
    WilliamTell - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What you need is a bunch of people for that quest. Basically you all go over and just start aoe'ing the smallest bunch you can, hopefully someone heals you, you get points for healing just like dealing damage, and it's in everyone's best interest to help each other take these mobs down, imagine it like a huge multisquad squad. If part of the squad wipes, everyone else fails or dies, that's how PQ needs to be played. I've tried numerous times to go over on alts to PQ, but no one is ever there or is ever doing it anymore. It's all about FC and PV now. Congratulations PWI for catering to the content locusts, they don't want epic battles to level, teaching coordination and team spirit, no, whoever has the most money can buy the most FC runs.
    ...A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the heavens come crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear in this world, I bid you stand, warriors of Pellucidar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lacrimesa
    edited November 2013
    What you need is a bunch of people for that quest. Basically you all go over and just start aoe'ing the smallest bunch you can, hopefully someone heals you, you get points for healing just like dealing damage, and it's in everyone's best interest to help each other take these mobs down, imagine it like a huge multisquad squad. If part of the squad wipes, everyone else fails or dies, that's how PQ needs to be played. I've tried numerous times to go over on alts to PQ, but no one is ever there or is ever doing it anymore. It's all about FC and PV now. Congratulations PWI for catering to the content locusts, they don't want epic battles to level, teaching coordination and team spirit, no, whoever has the most money can buy the most FC runs.

Thank you William. I was about to do it with a couple of alts (seeker, cleric and a sin) just for the sake of it but i guess that`s too much to handle for me.
    b:thanks
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A few weeks ago someone (who had experience zhenning at PQ1) was complaining that they couldn't get the mobs into their vortex area of effect (would get hit once and back out or something, I forget.) I think perhaps the mobs got changed with the last content update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lacrimesa wrote: »
    Public Quest is used to zhen for exp and yes they give good exp for lvl 60-80. Im talking about the mobs and boss that are required for the last 2 steeps of the quest. That mobs have a long range magic attak and i don`t know how to pull them in to the aoe range.

You have to make sure you have agro, just running around and gathering them is not always enough. Plus placement of the clerics bb must be right or it will pull agro away from the main aoe'r
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz