Fix what you break and dont add anymore content till then

Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
PWI is not ready for a new expansion considering the fact that we just went through new content that was added and broken in the process. REPAIRING BUGS, GLITCHES, AND MISSING QUESTS SHOULD BE TOP PRIORITY AND NOT AFTER THE FACT. Plus whats this bout the asension system + the card battling system, its like the perfect match system all over again where its nothing more than a lame copy cat of somethin like yugioh and pokemon. So why dont you guys fix what you have broken instead of fixing 1-2 things here, there and every week to every other week. Do you guys really want a quick exit of a mass amount of players so you can shut the game down permanately?

Talk bout another case of idiot 101 syndrome and stupidity file 1003
The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
Post edited by Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    PWI is not ready for a new expansion considering the fact that we just went through new content that was added and broken in the process. REPAIRING BUGS, GLITCHES, AND MISSING QUESTS SHOULD BE TOP PRIORITY AND NOT AFTER THE FACT. Plus whats this bout the asension system + the card battling system, its like the perfect match system all over again where its nothing more than a lame copy cat of somethin like yugioh and pokemon. So why dont you guys fix what you have broken instead of fixing 1-2 things here, there and every week to every other week. Do you guys really want a quick exit of a mass amount of players so you can shut the game down permanately?

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. How many features worked as intended from the last content patch, along with how many original features broke in the process? The last content patch was a complete and utter fail, and every single issue from then is still broken. Seems pointless to push out more content in the form of an expansion, when all the content from the last content update is still broken.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Half the new new stuff will be bugged or broken too.
    Then we'll have more to QQ about.

Maybe they can do a multi server rollback this time. b:surrender
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2013
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I definitely agree that they should at least finish the last expansion before even talking about a new one. I mean, come on.... most of the last expansion quests still can't be completed due to missing content. And they also need to work on getting the servers under control. The poor east coast people and Arch are constantly locked out of the game, and none of their "fixes" seem to stick through a maintenance.

Set this new expansion on the back burner and fix the current content, please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear
    StabbyCakes - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    At a modestly sized building in California where the PWE Servers are hosted, a small company of goons are sitting around going

"Man PWI hasn't died yet?"

"Do you think we should hire a new CM?"

"Nah, the game should be dead within a month or two."

Meanwhile somewhere in China

"Let us re-hire the old developers for PWI to advance this game to yet new heights!"
    "Yes!"
    "Very good!"

New(Old) Dev Team "We shall release the best content update yet and make this game a top MMO yet again!"

Back in California, after getting word of the new update...

*everyone facepalms*

"Whyyyy China, WHYYYY"

The fanbase-
    "WOOOOOOOOO! SHINY"

"Oh ****, really? Kick a dead horse will you..."
    [SIGPIC]Win.[/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    >Hoping that they would prioritize fixes to previously established content before bringing new things here
    >New things that would have their own issues
    >Perpetuating the cycle

C'mon OP.
    You know who we're dealing with by now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013

would you even do them lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    At a modestly sized building in California where the PWE Servers are hosted, a small company of goons are sitting around going

"Man PWI hasn't died yet?"

"Do you think we should hire a new CM?"

"Nah, the game should be dead within a month or two."

Meanwhile somewhere in China

"Let us re-hire the old developers for PWI to advance this game to yet new heights!"
    "Yes!"
    "Very good!"

New(Old) Dev Team "We shall release the best content update yet and make this game a top MMO yet again!"

Back in California, after getting word of the new update...

*everyone facepalms*

"Whyyyy China, WHYYYY"

The fanbase-
    "WOOOOOOOOO! SHINY"

"Oh ****, really? Kick a dead horse will you..."

Not gonna lie, this quote had the panda laughing rather hard... b:surrenderb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Itamio - Lost City
    Itamio - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I would, granted it wouldn't be yet another "kill this one boss that respawns every maintenance" or "max out your gear to be elligible for rewards".
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited November 2013

when it comes to quests, i do em. Cause who would want a load of quests in their quest log anyway?
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    when it comes to quests, i do em. Cause who would want a load of quests in their quest log anyway?

Fuzzy has never understood why people seem to look down their nose when it comes to quests...

Don't give enough spirit? Don't give enough exp? Don't give enough coin? Yet by the same token people seem to degrade those who attempt to bypass such things by buying an instance such as Frost...

Quests are fun, quests are interesting, they fill time and *gasp* the story line is actually interesting if the time is taken to read the log.

However, for now, panda will digress, quests was not the point of this thread.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I agree they should focus more on fixing the broken stuff before adding new content.

I also have to agree with Fuzzy, I personally have found if you follow the quest lines without fail, you lack for nothing during the development of your char, and its only when you ignore standard MMORPG play, that you have trouble getting the resources you need for the level you currently are at.

I gotta give them that they did a very good job for those who do play without power leveling.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle