So explain to me....why do we need a Yugioh/Magic the gathering style card game?

Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
I don't see the point of that inside a FIGHTING MMO. Are they attempting gameception(Watch inception the movie if you don't get that reference)? A game inside a game? "I summon Hellfire abomination in attack mode!"? Not to mention all the bugs and broken stuff, this is what they come up with? I don't know what PWI is anymore really.

They should release this card game as a separate game, like most companies.
Post edited by Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So I guess you never played FFVIII or FFIX...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There's no actual game to play with the cards AFAIK. You just collect them, level them up, and equip them like gear.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I tap four plains and 1 swamp to Xyz and Synchro summon my r9 gear!

Either way, its not a card game from what is said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Rare card available via boutique, so means PWI can get more money, do I need to say more?
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Rare card available via boutique, so means PWI can get more money, do I need to say more?

Only if said rare card is a secret rare or mythic rare.

(Anyone who understands this post gets 10,339 coolness points.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Is this the email about that game Elemental Kingdoms?
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited November 2013

CARDGAMES ON MOTORCYCLES!!!! b:nosebleed

Where is the like button when you need it?
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • krisnda
    edited November 2013
    I just wanna know why only IOS... -_-

Also, if this isn't what you're talking about, enlighten me please ^^.
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Krisnda wrote: »

Guessing he/she is talking about the card system that will come with the next expansion.
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Krisnda wrote: »

here

Second yellow header.. that paragraph... I believe that is what OP is speaking about.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The explanation is simple, they think we are all children and buy very expensive and complex PCs just to play a card games in a 3d MMORPG because we have trouble with real paper and ink.
    I know production companies are keen to go down the mini game within the main game concept as a means of prolonging their products life, but to me thats the same as a games compendium disc or Arc anyways. Jeez

Soon it will be start Arc, to start a game, to start other mini games sounds like a real efficient way to get to a particular style of game/play. NOT! b:laugh
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • krisnda
    edited November 2013
    here

Second yellow header.. that paragraph... I believe that is what OP is speaking about.

Wow.

Well, that's something.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Jaded much? Fuzzy wonders....

.... but panda does not wonder where that disillusionment spawns from...
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • MrJohnDoe - Dreamweaver
    MrJohnDoe - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I like this idea about the trading battle cards, i play other games like first shooter games with trading cards system and its awesome as a collectable or even better with some stats if they implement it that way. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    At the end of the day, it's basically genies for stats instead of skills.

Yeah, the method is different but it boils down to the same thing. No card battles for you.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear
    Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Imma leave this here for further insight into the card system. Clicky
    I'll also mention that China did not have any tradability for cards, they were all bound once you got them.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hmm have allways wondered what it would be like to have a card game based around the mobs and bosses in the game and have it be like yugioh or magic. would be a neat feature to pass the time when bored or it would give you something to do. like lets say in order to get a certain creatures card you had to complete a quest to unlock a item that lasts 10 minutes when used and then you have to kill as many of them as possible tell that mob drops their card and the drop rate would be super low. the quest should of course be repeatable. hmm I think im gonna go learn to play magic right now feeling in ca card gamish mood.
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes sorry that's what I meant, I assumed most had read the patch notes.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Only if said rare card is a secret rare or mythic rare.

(Anyone who understands this post gets 10,339 coolness points.)

Yu-Gi-Oh is the best TCG by far. Magic sucks. I guess they could get a hard time implementing those glitter effects inside of PWI on the cards xDDD

BTW: Ultimate Rare looks way better and has a touchy thing to it as well =P
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yu-Gi-Oh is the best TCG by far. Magic sucks. I guess they could get a hard time implementing those glitter effects inside of PWI on the cards xDDD

BTW: Ultimate Rare looks way better and has a touchy thing to it as well =P

Yu-Gi-Oh has a system where rares are straight upgrades to commons, where-as you can build good decks from commons in Magic. Magic the Gathering is for the thinking man, YuGiOh is for people that want to feel good about spending money on cards.
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • theamazingbyro
    theamazingbyro Posts: 3
    edited November 2013
    well said zenzell
  • lacrimesa
    lacrimesa Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't see the point of that inside a FIGHTING MMO. Are they attempting gameception(Watch inception the movie if you don't get that reference)? A game inside a game? "I summon Hellfire abomination in attack mode!"? Not to mention all the bugs and broken stuff, this is what they come up with? I don't know what PWI is anymore really.

they did release recently one for mobile(or they will release it soon, i didn`t read the notice thread) and they decided to implement it on pwi b:dirty
  • viciousminx
    viciousminx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lacrimesa wrote: »
    they did release recently one for mobile(or they will release it soon, i didn`t read the notice thread) and they decided to implement it on pwi b:dirty

It is already out for ios devices and will be made available for android devices in the near future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Message Me!Submit a Ticket!Forum Rules!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013

should've, would've, could've, but they didnt.
    Your not going to be forced to play it so you can pass on it if you believe it doesnt match your idealogy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • lacrimesa
    lacrimesa Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It is already out for ios devices and will be made available for android devices and pwi in the near future.

fixed
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    PWI Logic: Add an ingame card game to break the fourth wall and let people run around and now have a reason to be dressed as yugioh b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Slifer b i s h e s!!!
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2013

b:laugh>>If you think thats bad and haven't yet heard about their main competitors new brainstorm idea>> a certain company that initials rhyme with 'How' has recently announced that their next big thing is >>Farming! Yes I mean 'Being a land owning Mah and Pah Kettle! type of farming' crops farmer will be part of their next Big Lame-up<< for their next Big Major patch b:laugh

So comparatively {PWE} its batting a thousand, when it comes to the card game (even if its not only not an original idea & yet already a way to overplayed concept) b:pleased
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just as a random question...What would the Exodia of this be?

Ultimate red text spammer Duke Blacke? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]